Bad Luck (Learning Speed)

Scooby

http://i.gyazo.com/55e67191f04c8d0194944e18eaf98fe0.png

Let me just say, all of these were Projects (Bar the 4 guys who has more than 1 fight) and they all go not only mediocre to terrible learning speeds, but bad TOTT hiddens as well. Wasted pretty much a years worth of VIP to cut them all and get new projects.

I really don't think that script works properly so I wouldn't rely on it. I had someone say "I'm gettting garbage learning speeds with all my fighters" so I checked one and it was 117/150.

Again, I'm no expert in this game but I agree with this. Without giving too much away, I had a 16 Year Old who the script claimed had a learning speed of 3.75. I can tell you for a fact that learning speed that script put out is a lie.

I dont just rely on the script because 15VIP days isnt worth being wrong every time... Theres two other ways... Looking at the actual skill bar percentage is one as well as the mere fact that you can look at the Tycoon Assistant page and see that after one session with an elite coach they end up with a 1- and then a 1+ after 2 sessions.

• Upvote 1

I've never used a script in this game. I've never cut a fighter simply because his learning speed was shit. In fact, I think the majority of my fighters are slow learners. Two of my slowest learners both reached P4P #1 (Taj al Din, Don Marciano) and my other slow learner was #1 P4P KT fighter (Qing Kong) for a long time.

All you fuckers testing learning speeds to the micro-decimal and cutting fighters over it, are just silly.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It's a pretty simple process, if he doesn't go to useless+ from his first sessions (1 on 1 with Elite coach) then his learning speed is under 5 and he's a turtle. Doesn't mean they are bad fighters but you have to have A LOT of patience.

The only good thing about learning speed is having a stat advantage and ability to close the skill point gap between fighters with higher ID's, but there's a skill cap, so eventually they'll be caught or hit their peak.

If you have slow learning speed, the probability that you got better rolls in other stats increases.

The only good thing about learning speed is having a stat advantage and ability to close the skill point gap between fighters with higher ID's, but there's a skill cap, so eventually they'll be caught or hit their peak.

If you have slow learning speed, the probability that you got better rolls in other stats increases.

That is statistically false.

• Upvote 3

I had a slow learner i trained for almost a RL year with no fights and he is why i wont tolerate slow learners anymore. We all have our own methods however. Im not angry, i was just asking about luck.

Im more excited about creating fighters than ive ever been now that we are talking about a game update

Can you post your source? I have read nothing that said hidden rolls were somehow related to each other.

They're not, otherwise you wouldn't get fighters who pop "Hates Pizza" while other fighters have the ability to pop Granite Chin and KO Power, as well as having other top hiddens.

I've got a couple of slow learners on my roster, but I am trying to do a system where I can develop fighters at the same time as having other projects in their prime. That's why I sacked so many, but it looks like it is coming into its place now.

That is statistically false.

Probability factor. There's a 1 in 150 chance that you roll X - and in this case we'll say X = 1. The probability that you get 7 X's is low. Possible, yes, probable, no. If you scored a 1 on learning speed, the odds of you scoring another 1 on another hidden have just decreased. Granted, there's a 1 in 150 chance on each roll, but you should get where I'm going with this. If you scored 150 on learning speed, the odds that you scored 150 else where are unlikely.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lately , the learning speed has been ok for my young creations, but their hiddens are mostly not brilliant. When I started , I had 5 fighters in a row that I created and had a granite chin. Now I haven't seen a granite chin pop up in quite some time for my young fighters.

I created one 16year old once and his learning speed was the worst I've ever had.

Probability factor. There's a 1 in 150 chance that you roll X - and in this case we'll say X = 1. The probability that you get 7 X's is low. Possible, yes, probable, no. If you scored a 1 on learning speed, the odds of you scoring another 1 on another hidden have just decreased. Granted, there's a 1 in 150 chance on each roll, but you should get where I'm going with this. If you scored 150 on learning speed, the odds that you scored 150 else where are unlikely.

Thats not how probability works. That is like saying if you flip a coin and it comes up heads 4 times in a row, the next flip is more likely to be tails. The probability of the next throw is 50-50. Past performance does not affect the outcome of independent random events.

If you roll a 150 on learning speed the probability that, for example, power is 150 is the same as if learning speed was 1.

What you're saying is actually a perfect example of gamblers fallacy.

• Upvote 9