Fantasy Baseball 2016

Deuce7

So what kind of strategy is involved in weekly lock? Is LF,RF,CF basically just a place to put any OF?

Its all about matchups. For example figure out who from your team is facing the cubs and put them in your lineup for the week. Play White Sox hitters every week no matter what.... stuff like that ;)

Its all about matchups. For example figure out who from your team is facing the cubs and put them in your lineup for the week. Play White Sox hitters every week no matter what.... stuff like that ;)

So playing hitter A against lefties because his splits against lefties are exceptional doesnt really fit in this situation... Also i was asking, since we have LF,CF,RF as positions in the roster, do the positions become field specific or do they just stick as OF?

My non expert opinion:

Best draft: Rhino's Hot Toddy's

Worst Draft: Tampa Bay Rays

read the quote on this page and apply to yourself...http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=100641

"Eh, FAQ."?

Try making sense next time.

it makes sense. I can't say what it really says because DoctorWho will whine to the mods and PBR will ban me again.

I don't want to hear about two slow adults arguing. It would depress me.

what's new, don't you like The Cubs? Aren't you use to being depressed?

I'm not 12 and I have an IQ over 80, so I dont let the fortunes of my sports teams effect my emotional state.

an IQ of 80.5 doesn't count.

Super Heroes In Training

Top 3 Picks: Paul Goldschmidt, Max Scherzer, Chris Sale

Steal: Felix Hernandez (7th Round)

Sleeper: Addison Russell (13th Round)

Overview: While many mock drafts would have Mike Trout going #1, S.H.I.T. strayed away from the norm and choose the do-all 1st baseman from the Diamondbacks. Goldschmidt will definitely be the focus, but having two young middle infielders poised for breakout seasons in Kolten Wong and Addison Russell could push S.H.I.T. farther then many expect. While Goldy will definitely lead the hitting categories, S.H.I.T. will have two aces leading the charge; Max Scherzer and Chris Sale. Although they may have unintentionally been drafted back to back, having these two on the same team could make it difficult for other teams to win the strikeouts category when going up against this team and adding Felix Hernandez to Sale and Scherzer and it's pretty much a lock.

• Upvote 2

She Wants The Dee

Top 3 Picks: Nolan Arenado, Dee Gordon, Carlos Gomez

Steal: Jeurys Familia (9th Round)

Sleeper: Byung Ho Park (10th Round)

Overview: SWTD has a very interesting mix of players. Most of them are guys that are good at a lot of things, but not great at anything one thing. Nolan Arenado and Dee Gordon are the exceptions with former being the main home run threat and the latter being the stolen base machine. One guy that could make or break SWTD's season will be Korean import Byung Ho Park. If he can adjust to the MLB quickly then he could add more home runs and RBIs to the list. With the first three picks, SWTD went with hitters, but the following three picks saw the team fill needs at starting pitcher by selecting strikeout artists Kluber, Archer and Gray. Those three will be the main focus on the starting end, but Jeurys Familia will be racking up the saves behind the Mets uber starting staff and should give SWTD plenty of fire power in the saves category.

• Upvote 2

Rhino's Hot Toddys

Top 3 Picks: Bryce Harper, Anthony Rizzo, Jake Arrieta

Steal: Maikel Franco (10th Round)

Sleeper: Brandon Crawford (11th Round)

Overview: Rhino's Hot Toddy went with a high risk high reward draft style. Sluggers Rizzo and Harper will carry the offensive load for RHT, hell some weeks they may be all of the offense. They may receive some help in the form of Phillies 3rd baseman Maikel Franco, who could add some monster home runs, and the very underrated Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford. Looking at the other side of the diamond, Arrieta will be out to prove that last season was no fluke and RHT needs to hope for that as well, but the same can be said for Carlos Carrasco and Johnny Cueto. Strikeouts and Wins shouldn't be an issue RHT, but if all three manage to have solid seasons, RHT could be a serious playoff contender by the end of the season.

• Upvote 2

Anal Pollocks

Top 3 Picks: AJ Pollock, Buster Posey, Adrian Gonzalez

Steal: Jose Fernandez (6th Round)

Sleeper: Patrick Corbin (18th Round)

Overview: We can always count on Anal Pollocks (aka Javy) to have a west coast biased team, beginning with his first five picks. Picking Pollock didn't come as much of a surprise, but adding guys from D-backs' rival teams (Posey with the Giants and Gonzalez with the Dodgers) came as a bit of a shocker. Rivalries aside, AP's lineup packs a solid punch with guys that don't seem to get a lot of media attention, but always manage to put up sneaky good numbers. The guys toeing the rubber for AP this season may not be as west coast biased as the offense, but man did they ever pick up some good young arms. Jose Fernandez and Michael Wacha are two flame throwers just starting to enter their prime years and, if they can stay healthy, could have their best seasons yet. One guy not to count out though is another favorite of Javy's, Patrick Corbin. Out most of last season, Corbin has ace potential and should be able to flourish as the #3 starter in the D-backs' rotation.

• Upvote 1