Fantasy Baseball 2016

Deuce7

Really bad start for both of my teams. Hopefully Pollock doesn't miss too much of the season.

Socrates Brito stock just went up. Hopefully i just struck gold with him.

He's looked very good in spring training. I was hoping he would start over Tomas but with Pollock's injury the position is his, although they have been playing Chis Owings out in center more. He might take some at bats from Socrates.

Tampa Bay Rays

Top 3 Picks: Clayton Kershaw, Chris Davis, Matt Carpenter

Steal: Cole Hamels (10th Round)

Sleeper: Kevin Pillar (13th Round)

Overview: Known for making curious picks every season, TBR and Ken didn't disappoint once again this year. While his 1st rounder may not have been a huge surprise, selecting Adam Eaton (5th Rd) and Blake Swihart (6th Rd), TBR had many mangers scratching their heads. Don't let this team fool you, Davis will mash and Carpenter should drive in 100, but a guy who could be a surprise factor is Kevin Pillar. Being in that Blue Jays lineup automatically means you have potential to drive in 80+ runs. The one pick that TBR had that made the most sense, was taking Kershaw #3. Having the best pitcher in the game allowed TBR to wait until the 10th round to draft another pitcher, Cole Hamels. Falling unnoticed, Hamels showed that he still has plenty left in the tank for the Rangers. He also gives TBR a solid one-two SP combo that can rival just about any team.

• Upvote 2

I got screwed this week. Forgot to check it and Gausman is on the 15 Day DL, so I'm out one pitcher this week.

I got screwed this week. Forgot to check it and Gausman is on the 15 Day DL, so I'm out one pitcher this week.

At most he is missing two starts, but probably only one start. If your opponent's pitcher(s) have a bad week you can still win.

never knew this was a weekly lock, ended up leaving Noah out. Why is it a weekly lock? Just seems fucked up for a game like baseball which has multiple games and a lot being subject to change, it completely fucks it imo. More of a set and pray rather than anything else.

A majority of people wanted the weekly lock this season. I still would have preferred daily lock, but I'm also a guy that follows baseball every day.

At most he is missing two starts, but probably only one start. If your opponent's pitcher(s) have a bad week you can still win.

A majority of people wanted the weekly lock this season. I still would have preferred daily lock, but I'm also a guy that follows baseball every day.

The only difference between a weekly lock and a daily lock is that lazy people only need to set it up at the start of the week, I can understand weekly locks in auctions etc, but not a snake draft.

On that note, i am trading both my closers, Street and Melancon.

I am having that same problem with one of my batters Michael Brantley, and I'm your opponent so where even now. You can't use that excuse for this beating your about to receive. Just messin with ya should be a close contest cause my pitch scareS me.

• Upvote 1

Team Jones (aka Jones' Jays)

Top 3 Picks: Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion, David Price

Steal: Troy Tulowitzki (6th Round)

Sleeper: Jose Quintana (14th Round)

Overview: After looking like a mad genius last season by drafting several Blue Jays, Davy was at it again this year. With a little luck, Davy managed to pick up another trio of Jays that will lead his offense this season. Bautista and Encarnacion will blast plenty of long balls and draw a good amount of intentional walks, but the trio wouldn't be complete without adding baseball's top offensive shortstop, Tulowitzki, to the mix. The pitching for JJ won't have quite as much fire power as the offense, but oddly enough a former Blue Jay will be the ace of this staff; David Price. Price will need a bit of help though and the guy that should give it to him is Jose Quintana. A bit of an unknown, Quintana is a flame thrower that should be the #2 guy for the White Sox and could emerge from the shadow of Chris Sale to become a 2nd ace.

yeah and SF beat The Brewers 12-3. People questioned me picking Denard Span. Somebody even asked if he was even on a team. This game he had 2 runs, 1 HR, and 5 RBIs

My batters went 3/38 yesterday. At least 2 of the 3 hits were homers.

The boxscore is awarding a point to my opponent for whip while I have the lower number. 1.6 to 1.2.

i have the same thing for whip. I have the lower whip but he still has it with my scores in italics.

Also it appears so far, so good on the risk/reward thing with Puig. 6/10 5 runs 1 HR, 4 RBI's and 2 walks. Everything apart from my pitching situation this week is making me happy.

My batters went 3/38 yesterday. At least 2 of the 3 hits were homers.

The boxscore is awarding a point to my opponent for whip while I have the lower number. 1.6 to 1.2.

I just checked and there is a 20 Innings pitched minimum on the league, now this is silly on a weekly roster lock. Is there any way we can change this weekly roster lock? There are far too many things that can happen during the week, like a pitcher missing his start, hurting his thumb and you end up fucked because of it, instead of being able to sub in someone else.

I just checked and there is a 20 Innings pitched minimum on the league, now this is silly on a weekly roster lock. Is there any way we can change this weekly roster lock? There are far too many things that can happen during the week, like a pitcher missing his start, hurting his thumb and you end up fucked because of it, instead of being able to sub in someone else.

I personally like the weekly lock. like I said before the draft, I believe there is more strategy going into weekly lock rather than just plug n play with the daily lock. You have to look at SP with two starts in a week, match ups, off days etc. I've been in daily lock leagues and people just add/drop way too often and it benefits guys who are active daily. I've done it before and got burned out adjusting over the length of a long MLB season.

I wasn't aware of the innings pitched minimum but it just re-enforces my thoughts on the importance of starting pitching. I personally didn't draft as many strong SP as I planned but if you start at least 3 you should get close to the 20 innings. Playing with the innings minimum will also make holds more valuable as you will have to balance starts and innings will trying to get holds.

I

• Upvote 1

uh, you people might be right. I'm getting guys batting 9/25 and ones that have current ERAs of 9.00

I personally like the weekly lock. like I said before the draft, I believe there is more strategy going into weekly lock rather than just plug n play with the daily lock. You have to look at SP with two starts in a week, match ups, off days etc. I've been in daily lock leagues and people just add/drop way too often and it benefits guys who are active daily. I've done it before and got burned out adjusting over the length of a long MLB season.

I wasn't aware of the innings pitched minimum but it just re-enforces my thoughts on the importance of starting pitching. I personally didn't draft as many strong SP as I planned but if you start at least 3 you should get close to the 20 innings. Playing with the innings minimum will also make holds more valuable as you will have to balance starts and innings will trying to get holds.

I

There is no strategy involved in a weekly lock from what you are saying, it is like saying that there is strategy in Russian Roulette, you just put in the guys who pitch twice per week, you put in guys who have games every day and hope for the best, btw all of which you can check on the front page, no research required. I also just flicked through the pages and the only time I see a mention of a weekly lock is Scooby and Lar discussing it (which I didn't read as it was on draft day) otherwise I would have contested it then, there is a reason that for all the fantasy sports, you get a chance to arrange things on the day, because no one knows what is going to happen other than the manager. Deuce also said there was a majority wanting it, I wasn't asked about it, it wasn't done on here, so unless it was done via PM then how the hell was anyone supposed to know? On last years page you brought it up at the end and I said I enjoyed it the same way it was this year, no one else said anything, that was the only other mention I can see of before the draft about weekly roster locks.

While you say about being burned out, I just lose interest and will get bored of it, there is no real reason to check anything apart from once every Sunday, have a quick flick through who is injured and who isn't who is playing their games and then set your roster accordingly, that shit is just boring and there is no strategy involved. If you don't have the time etc, then don't punish those who do have the time and claim it is strategy, it isn't. It is just adding more randomness into a game which can be pretty random at times. real strategy is one the Sunday when you are down by 5 strike outs, but winning in era and whip, do you put out your starter in the hope of claiming all 3, or do you just bench him in order to keep the two you have.

This is just my opinion on it of course, but the other thing I have to say is that there were no other pitchers added, we spoke about and agreed to add another one; at least in here. Having 6 categories which require 3 different types of pitches and only 6 pitchers to do it in and a 20 innings pitched min, means you are having to just give up on one of them.

I don't like my chances now that the damn white sox game got postponed. Abreu and Frazier and possibly some key pitches for Robertson. Now I need a huge game from Dallas Kuechel or I'm done. I will have my revenge Kenlow I will indeed!

Losing to Kenlow is hitting rock bottom in week 1. You can only go up from here butch.

There is no strategy involved in a weekly lock from what you are saying, it is like saying that there is strategy in Russian Roulette, you just put in the guys who pitch twice per week, you put in guys who have games every day and hope for the best, btw all of which you can check on the front page, no research required. I also just flicked through the pages and the only time I see a mention of a weekly lock is Scooby and Lar discussing it (which I didn't read as it was on draft day) otherwise I would have contested it then, there is a reason that for all the fantasy sports, you get a chance to arrange things on the day, because no one knows what is going to happen other than the manager. Deuce also said there was a majority wanting it, I wasn't asked about it, it wasn't done on here, so unless it was done via PM then how the hell was anyone supposed to know? On last years page you brought it up at the end and I said I enjoyed it the same way it was this year, no one else said anything, that was the only other mention I can see of before the draft about weekly roster locks.

While you say about being burned out, I just lose interest and will get bored of it, there is no real reason to check anything apart from once every Sunday, have a quick flick through who is injured and who isn't who is playing their games and then set your roster accordingly, that shit is just boring and there is no strategy involved. If you don't have the time etc, then don't punish those who do have the time and claim it is strategy, it isn't. It is just adding more randomness into a game which can be pretty random at times. real strategy is one the Sunday when you are down by 5 strike outs, but winning in era and whip, do you put out your starter in the hope of claiming all 3, or do you just bench him in order to keep the two you have.

This is just my opinion on it of course, but the other thing I have to say is that there were no other pitchers added, we spoke about and agreed to add another one; at least in here. Having 6 categories which require 3 different types of pitches and only 6 pitchers to do it in and a 20 innings pitched min, means you are having to just give up on one of them.

I asked several times on here how you guys wanted this set up. Rosters, rules, whatever and I received very little input.

Having the innings limit forces teams to actually put focus on SP and RP, not just one or the other. Last year's league didn't have an innings limit and you saw teams throwing 4 relievers and two starters and dominating Saves, WHIP and ERA because their pitchers threw a combined 14 innings.

I can still adjust/remove the innings limit, but can't change anything else so we'll have to deal with it this season and when I get one going again next season I will set up a poll for weekly or daily roster locks. Keep in mind there were only about 4 of us that actually logged on a few times a week during last season and we lost a few guys less then half way through the season because of the daily lock.

• Upvote 1

I dont mind the weekly lock, we are all using the same rule set so it wont make much difference. I probably only got to the finals because I was one of the few people who were logging in daily and changing players out.

When I used to play back in the early 00s for money, the rule was you got 162 starts at each position. I was kind of surprised that format has seemingly disappeared.