Fantasy Baseball 2016

Deuce7

I asked several times on here how you guys wanted this set up. Rosters, rules, whatever and I received very little input.

Having the innings limit forces teams to actually put focus on SP and RP, not just one or the other. Last year's league didn't have an innings limit and you saw teams throwing 4 relievers and two starters and dominating Saves, WHIP and ERA because their pitchers threw a combined 14 innings.

I can still adjust/remove the innings limit, but can't change anything else so we'll have to deal with it this season and when I get one going again next season I will set up a poll for weekly or daily roster locks. Keep in mind there were only about 4 of us that actually logged on a few times a week during last season and we lost a few guys less then half way through the season because of the daily lock.

I'd assume that if no or very little input was provided then the status quo would be used, the same settings as the previous few seasons. The thing I am lacking understanding in is how did we lose a few people because of the daily lock, i'd assume it was because they lost interest in it because it is a long season or just simply forgot about it, some even quit the game.

Next year from the chatter in the draft chat we will be doing a keeper league? Which will be the first one I have done, so it should be interesting. I'd like to see the innings dropped due to the weekly lock, you can tone it down to 10 innings pitched or 15 innings pitched, it is just with 20 innings pitched and only 6 pitchers with 3 categories up for grabs it will be really difficult to compete in all three fronts.

Just my opinion here, no argument but I still stand by my statement that there is more strategy in weekly lock. I only have 5-6 SP so if I'm lucky 1 will have a two start week. I'm definitely not going to drop a quality SP so I can get a two start SP. it makes you really look at match ups compared to the daily lock that can add/drop pitchers same day and change your lineup just to get the extras K's for the win.

I have no problem with lowerng the innings limit if that is what the consensus is, there will just be more demand for relief pitchers.

I'm definitely for a keeper and was one of the guys that brought it up in the draft message board. In my other league with my buddies, we have 6 keepers with one having to be a rookie and 1 a pitcher. That is too many so maybe keeping 3: 1 position, 1 pitcher n 1 rookie. I like the rookie because people have to take chances on whether a guy will work out for his rookie season and into his sophomore year.

Deuce - still waiting on my draft review. I kno it wasn't the best but I liked your other reviews and wanted to know what you think

I'll be working on some more this week. I have been out of town the last few days, but back home now.

YouGottaBe BleepinMe

Top 3 Picks: Mike Trout, George Springer, Madison Bumgarner

Steal: Stephen Strasburg (6th Round)

Sleeper: Jean Segura (18th Round)

Overview: How lucky can one team be. Well look at this roster and you'll get your answer. When you manage to get a guy considered to be the best player in the game, Mike Trout, with the #4 pick in the draft, you know luck has to be on your side. Team him up with the up and coming George Springer and you have two young outfielders that could possibly be 30HR/30SB guys. With those two manning the outfield, YGBBM found a diamond in the rough in the form of Jean Segura who could be one of the best offensive shortstops in the game. Getting back to that luck I mentioned, YGBBM snagging a top 5 starting pitcher like Bumgarner in the 3rd round is just down right insane. With Bumgarner as their ace, drafting Stephen Strasburg in the 6th round gives them ace 1A I suppose. Wins from those two will be abundant with both having the potential to win 18+ games year in and year out.

You guys know me all to well, I am really wanting to stab Todd Frazier in the eye with a fork right now. He is definitely on the market.

You want to stab Todd Frazier, how do you think I feel about the Mets pitching right now, with Matt Harvey and DeGrom, but apparently DeGrom is getting back this week which is great news and his kid is apparently doing well also.

I am mostly looking for a new shortstop, Desmond is just a liability right now, and I seem to have too many 2/3rd base players. Panik has been hitting well, but I prefer avg and runs over the power right now with the way my team is set up.

I having issues with Catchers right now, my first gets sent to the minors and then the guy I replace him with has a death in the family and is out for bereavement.

What you talking about, you have one of the top 5 second basemen in baseball riding your bench!

Also when is the next draft analysis coming?

Trust me, I've been kicking myself for not starting Walker in at least a Utility spot.

Next ones will be coming out this weekend. I ended up being much busier then I had planned on over the last few weeks, but trust me I have a few things already written in my head for the remaining teams.

Had to check that out 2nd base is tough to find, and to have Neil Walker on your bench is pretty damn good. I'm surprised he is having such a great start 9 homers from a aging 2nd basemen impressive.

I will give you Zobrist for him if you really want one?

It was funny because I was talking to a co-worker who is in a different fantasy league and helped him find a 2nd baseman for his team. Then two days later I have to fill that void (or I thought I did before I remembered I had Walker) and couldn't find the guy I had him pick up.

You must hate the fact you are up against me the same week McCutchen smacks in 3 homers in a single game. My teams bats have really started to heat up now.

I was just checking his stat sheet and when I saw that 3 HR game I said yep that is about right. McCutchen is my fantasy curse no doubt.

I'm making a lot of changes I know there is still a lot of season left but by far this has been my worst fantasy results ever baseball,football, or basketball.

Designated Shitter

Top 3 Picks: Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Abreu, Todd Frazier

Steal: Carlos Martinez (8th Round)

Sleeper: Jay Bruce (14th Round)

Overview: The one word that best describes Designated Shitter is power! Oh boy does DS have a lot of it. With heavy hitters like Stanton and Abreu dropping bombs, plus Frazier being one of the more powerful 3rd basemen in the game, there shouldn't be any way DS will lose the home run category any week. Don't be too surprised if another guy on the team adds his name to that list, Jay Bruce. While he may not add anything for batting average, Bruce has shown flashes of power in prior seasons and could easily hit 30+ home runs. Getting a reigning Cy Young pitcher in the 5th round seems a bit farfetched, but somehow DS managed to snag Dallas Keuchel to lead his pitchers. The one true gem of the pitching staff, though, is Carlos Martinez. The Cardinals will need someone to step up if Adam Wainwright struggles and that man should be Carlos Martinez, a hard throwing strikeout machine.

• Upvote 2

Designated Shitter

Top 3 Picks: Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Abreu, Todd Frazier

Steal: Carlos Martinez (8th Round)

Sleeper: Jay Bruce (14th Round)

Overview: The one word that best describes Designated Shitter is power! Oh boy does DS have a lot of it. With heavy hitters like Stanton and Abreu dropping bombs, plus Frazier being one of the more powerful 3rd basemen in the game, there shouldn't be any way DS will lose the home run category any week. Don't be too surprised if another guy on the team adds his name to that list, Jay Bruce. While he may not add anything for batting average, Bruce has shown flashes of power in prior seasons and could easily hit 30+ home runs. Getting a reigning Cy Young pitcher in the 5th round seems a bit farfetched, but somehow DS managed to snag Dallas Keuchel to lead his pitchers. The one true gem of the pitching staff, though, is Carlos Martinez. The Cardinals will need someone to step up if Adam Wainwright struggles and that man should be Carlos Martinez, a hard throwing strikeout machine.

You don't realize how hard it was to write this one. Butch has already dropped about a half of his original team, lol.

Side note: thanks for dropping Brandon Belt :thumbup:

You don't realize how hard it was to write this one. Butch has already dropped about a half of his original team, lol.

Side note: thanks for dropping Brandon Belt :thumbup:

He was picked from Auto pick he may have a record year for all i know just wasnt what i wanted.

Domingo Santana and Corey Seager i had high hopes for but if you cant produce on my team and are not a top 8 pick you got to go. Obviously my constant adding and dropping has not worked out so far but still a long season.

Cant believe i had 8 starts this week for my SP and only managed 1 win.