Fight Engine Discussion

MMATycoon

I've mostly been working on trying to reduce the server load for the last few weeks but that's looking a bit better now. Also, the missus is back to work and the wee man is at the child minders Thursday and Friday and as of next week my mum is having him Mondays, so that's a hell of a lot more time I'm gunna have again and I should be able to crack on with it now. Can't really commit to a timeline but I'll keep you guys up to date.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you're not fighting you might as well just train the non-physicals so you don't have to even think about it.

Timescale wise;

1. I'll only implement it for people who don't have a fight, so don't worry about booking a fight.

2. Once you have that fight it will then get applied to your fighter.

But general timeframe wise, it just depends how long it takes me to iron out. With the above 1-2 plan in place I would imagine most people would want it the sooner the better, so hopefully a couple of weeks. I wanna switch to the number of sessions trained rather than the age based slowing of training, so I can give people this extra year's worth of fast training, for having to take the hit.

I hope people haven't been training physicals since this post....

• Downvote 1

I hope people haven't been training physicals since this post....

well that was june and nothing has happened. if you quit training physicals at that point you are losing every fight by now. Mike hasnt logged into the forums in over a month. So either he's working real hard on it or we are pretty much done with getting updates.

well that was june and nothing has happened. if you quit training physicals at that point you are losing every fight by now. Mike hasnt logged into the forums in over a month. So either he's working real hard on it or we are pretty much done with getting updates.

Wolfgate killed Mike. Mike's currently entertaining a bidding war for the game by Steel Penn and Mentor. Steel Penn is currently in the lead with the offer but Mentor promised Mike a free years supply of penis growth pills.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfgate killed Mike. Mike's currently entertaining a bidding war for the game by Steel Penn and Mentor. Steel Penn is currently in the lead with the offer but Mentor promised Mike a free years supply of penis growth pills.

The shit that happened definitely wore me out, for sure.

The thing with Tycoon updates, especially fight engine stuff; they need you to be very mentally switched on and really well motivated. People hacking the game really knocks motivation. Having a little kid and working from home is really knackering and time consuming. That was a bad combination. He's older now though, so I have vaguely more energy and more time.... still obviously nowhere near as much time as I used to. I've basically got about 5 hours a day for working. I used to have like 14 hours a day. Income from Tycoon for the last few years had been hovering around that £18,000 a year sort of mark, which is a bit shit. With those 5 or so hours a day, it was just more enjoyable to watch fight tape and do bets than stare at code and fight hackers. I've made about £9,000 tax free from betting in the last year. I'm shooting for maybe £15,000 this year from betting and £5,000 from selling my picks, which would be more than I make from Tycoon. I know it's a weird thing to say when I haven't done much work on the site lately but I really should have raised the price of VIP. I didn't raise once in the 8 years the site's been going, so it's not really a good enough income and that's why I ended up looking for another source of income from the betting stuff. Hosting costs are probably 4x what they were back then, my programmer's wage has doubled, yet I haven't increased VIP.

Anyway, I came on today with the intention of getting cracking again over the next few weeks with updates.

What I would like from people is to basically not make things stressful. There's a load of talk about exploits and stuff... if there are exploits that anyone knows about, tell me what they are please so I can fix them without getting stressed. If I get stressed, that's basically gunna mean zero updates. I wanna do updates. If there are things that need fixing, please PM me. Otherwise I'll work on finishing the separate physicals cap because I had done a lot of work on that and wasn't miles off finishing. I also know people want grappling only orgs so I'll start work on that.

• Upvote 6

The thing with Tycoon updates, especially fight engine stuff; they need you to be very mentally switched on and really well motivated. People hacking the game really knocks motivation. Having a little kid and working from home is really knackering and time consuming. That was a bad combination. He's older now though, so I have vaguely more energy and more time.... still obviously nowhere near as much time as I used to. I've basically got about 5 hours a day for working. I used to have like 14 hours a day. Income from Tycoon for the last few years had been hovering around that £18,000 a year sort of mark, which is a bit shit. With those 5 or so hours a day, it was just more enjoyable to watch fight tape and do bets than stare at code and fight hackers. I've made about £9,000 tax free from betting in the last year. I'm shooting for maybe £15,000 this year from betting and £5,000 from selling my picks, which would be more than I make from Tycoon. I know it's a weird thing to say when I haven't done much work on the site lately but I really should have raised the price of VIP. I didn't raise once in the 8 years the site's been going, so it's not really a good enough income and that's why I ended up looking for another source of income from the betting stuff. Hosting costs are probably 4x what they were back then, my programmer's wage has doubled, yet I haven't increased VIP.

Anyway, I came on today with the intention of getting cracking again over the next few weeks with updates.

What I would like from people is to basically not make things stressful. There's a load of talk about exploits and stuff... if there are exploits that anyone knows about, tell me what they are please so I can fix them without getting stressed. If I get stressed, that's basically gunna mean zero updates. I wanna do updates. If there are things that need fixing, please PM me. Otherwise I'll work on finishing the separate physicals cap because I had done a lot of work on that and wasn't miles off finishing. I also know people want grappling only orgs so I'll start work on that.

Please do raise VIP by 50% - no one would have an issue with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

You have been told for years and years.

FIX ECONOMY AND MAKE SECOND SERVER AND PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

And Mike has told you for years to fuck off

And am trying to help to save the game and thats all you can come up to? Maybe lets also help to think what could bring people back to the game not just insult other managers?

Giving second server with fixed economoy will give new boost to the game. Like Duphus said in chat block all manager to manager transfers until all money laundering and other economy errors are fixed and new server will be new starts for that. You dont need to delete this server just have new one. For start have 2-3 cities so there is competition and go from there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

This is a fight simulator first, right? I think the game runs decently well as is. Could there be some improvements and fixings? Sure. But as a fight simulator I'd say there's nothing broken with it. There's positives for the economy being the way it is. It certainly helps newer managers compete with the 'old guard' quicker due to the access of finances and capability of running private gyms + orgs. Really don't see how the 'broken economy' breaks the game.

oh, and humours be humours for a while please. bother Mike. delay the physical skill cap as long as possible. lol.

• Upvote 6

This is a fight simulator first, right? I think the game runs decently well as is. Could there be some improvements and fixings? Sure. But as a fight simulator I'd say there's nothing broken with it. There's positives for the economy being the way it is. It certainly helps newer managers compete with the 'old guard' quicker due to the access of finances and capability of running private gyms + orgs. Really don't see how the 'broken economy' breaks the game.

oh, and humours be humours for a while please. bother Mike. delay the physical skill cap as long as possible. lol.

I agree, I didn't like the physical skill cap when it was mentioned and still don't. I was hoping that was forgotten about! I just hope it is not crazy low, I think I remember something like enough skill points to be remarkable on everything, that is just to low. I would probably not complain if you were given enough to hit exceptional on everything, that way you could still build elite cardio without leaving something really low.

• Upvote 1

Mike mentioned above about raising cost of VIP time, I wouldnt have an issue at all in that going up some, I been playing a long time and it has never went up that I remember. Another thing that would help him gain extra money was mentioned in one of the ethics posts about running a second company for extra VIP days, if we were charged 1.25 days per day to run a second one, instead of the 1 to 1 now. I would do that and open a second gym and make that public so more people could get better training. I am sure others would pay for a second one also, most would probably be ORGS or nutrition companies or something. But he would probably get a lot more VIP that way. Say increase the 1 year to 40 then calulate it at the 1.25 to 1 and he would get a decent raise I would think.

Just an idea.

• Upvote 1

Mike do you have any idea of a time frame of when the physical cap will kick in? That is without any distractions. That way we know if we should hold up on training CT until it happens. If it is a month out, may as well keep doing it, if it is going to be sooner I will probably stop the CT until after the change to see what we end up with.

• Downvote 1

Please do raise VIP by 50% - no one would have an issue with this.

I disagree. Keep vip but offer more shit to spend it on, like fighter slots :)

If it is raised, give a bigger freaking price cut for buying multiple years. Right now you save 1 lousy dollar for buying 2 years.

I think your first vip purchase should be cheap. I would not have bothered with the game if i had to spend $50-60 a year off the bat.

And fix the economy. Increase the low end, downgrade the high end.

• Upvote 2