Fight Engine Discussion

MMATycoon

Chris, might be better if you could look at just the last year? Not sure if it's possible.

Would be a fairer representation of the "current" engine.

• Upvote 1

Chris, might be better if you could look at just the last year? Not sure if it's possible.

Would be a fairer representation of the "current" engine.

I'd say it does a pretty good job representing the current engine. You get maybe 1 sub per card. 2 or 3 if you're really lucky. The game certainly doesn't have a "too many fights go to decision" problem. I'd say any fighter that has that problem has a hidden deficiency (pillow fist) or manager problem.

• Upvote 1

I'd say it does a pretty good job representing the current engine. You get maybe 1 sub per card. 2 or 3 if you're really lucky. The game certainly doesn't have a "too many fights go to decision" problem. I'd say any fighter that has that problem has a hidden deficiency (pillow fist) or manager problem.

Yup. What I meant was that if you're counting all of Syn's fights it counts the counter-takedown era, the early sub era and so on. Last year's fights would be just a representative of the engine that you have now. Hope that makes sense!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wanna do updates. If there are things that need fixing, please PM me. Otherwise I'll work on finishing the separate physicals cap because I had done a lot of work on that and wasn't miles off finishing. I also know people want grappling only orgs so I'll start work on that.

Can we get an e.t.a. on the update Mike?

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say that the fight engine is very strong right now. Virtually perfect, actually. There are no major imbalances. Knees/elbows might be a little underpowered, but's that the only thing and I'm ranked 50 in this entire game. I have lots of grounds guys, clinchers and strikers, so I get all sides.

If you want evidence for knees/elbows being slightly underpowered, look at how few top fighters max those skills out.

Can we get an e.t.a. on the update Mike?

I've done most of it... Been chipping away a couple of hours a week. Couldn't really give you a timescale though without it just being a complete guess / lie.

We've finished the grappling org option last week too so people have got something interesting to play with; I just need to get that checked out and put it all up as proper.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I just want to say that the fight engine is very strong right now. Virtually perfect, actually. There are no major imbalances. Knees/elbows might be a little underpowered, but's that the only thing and I'm ranked 50 in this entire game. I have lots of grounds guys, clinchers and strikers, so I get all sides.

If you want evidence for knees/elbows being slightly underpowered, look at how few top fighters max those skills out.

Grappling is very effective at lower levels. Striking is effective at all levels. At high levels, it's really inefficient in comparison to the efficiency of striking. The change doesn't need to be drastic, but ref stand ups, TD efficiency, escapes need tweaking or need to be followed by another TD, or at least at a checkbox that says something like "attempt immediate takedown after escape", and sub efficiency needs consideration because as it is right now, the easiest place to get a submission is on your back in guard. Guard subs should remain where they're at, but subs from mount, side control, definitely need consideration. Black belts, Elite subs + elite flex, doesn't get it's due.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Managers return to the game all the time. Ask them whether they like the idea or not. Shiv just came back after about 3 years off. I can't imagine he'd prefer to pointlessly train all physicals up to elite just to be on an equal footing.

Next time you make a new fighter after the cap, lemme know whether you miss training every fighter up to elite for literally no reason.

Regarding the physicals getting messed about with primary / secondary training, we'll just have to see how it goes. I can't imagine it will be much more complicated than throwing in a weights session once a week or a cardio session in once a week to "rebalance"... it's something that people do in real life, so really it's what should happen here. It's not like the physicals need to be "perfect" to your build the entire time anyway, it only matters what they look like come fight time really.

Sometimes I have to do something people aren't exactly clamouring for because I think it makes sense. Imagine if there was always a cap and I said I was gunna remove the cap and you now all had to spend months training every physical skill up to elite just to be the same as everyone else. You'd think that was moronic. I'm doing something that makes sense. If you wanna leave because of it that's up to you. When you come back in a year, you'll prefer it.

Finally thank you for this update on the physicals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...

I've done most of it... Been chipping away a couple of hours a week. Couldn't really give you a timescale though without it just being a complete guess / lie.

We've finished the grappling org option last week too so people have got something interesting to play with; I just need to get that checked out and put it all up as proper.

Four months later and we still havent seen the update that you said is done (grappling orgs) and the one that was said to be mostly done (physicals cap). The cosmetic and minor changes have been nice and a couple have been pleasant surprises, but the meat of the game is the fight sim and it hasnt been updated in over 2 years.

Is the engine still being worked on or is the current incarnation a finished product? I can be patient if it's going to happen, but I don't want to wait around for something that was promised but never coming.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Four months later and we still havent seen the update that you said is done (grappling orgs) and the one that was said to be mostly done (physicals cap). The cosmetic and minor changes have been nice and a couple have been pleasant surprises, but the meat of the game is the fight sim and it hasnt been updated in over 2 years.

Is the engine still being worked on or is the current incarnation a finished product? I can be patient if it's going to happen, but I don't want to wait around for something that was promised but never coming.

5 weeks and no answer or progress, so I'm going to assume there is no further engine development planned. I hope im wrong.

I don't know if this game is like the UFC game on PlayStation and Xbox. I don't know whether or not it matters how much you turn up your submission offense when you have other aspects of your ground game turned up high. I'm not trying to get submitted by someone with a higher submission attribute than my character when my ground defense is superior.