Make my MMA debut Saturday!

skull

To be fair, Norman is a flyweight fighting a class up, and if he hits 134.5 with jeans and sneakers on, not even a big one at that.

that was actually the 'public' weigh in. We had already weighed in officially. They read the early weigh in results, not what we weighed then. I was 142lbs in the jeans and shoes and it was after I ate and rehydrated
  • Upvote 1

that was actually the 'public' weigh in. We had already weighed in officially. They read the early weigh in results, not what we weighed then. I was 142lbs in the jeans and shoes and it was after I ate and rehydrated

Either way, fingers crossed for this fight.

Huge congrats man. Like others have said, your MMA journey is extremely entertaining to follow and the fact you have gotten a few people to look at taking up MMA / BJJ near them means it's a highly positive thing for others also.

Best of luck in the title fight, I'm looking forward to watching the video of this fight.

• Upvote 4

Also - I thought the guy looked much bigger than you but that's not what you want to hear straight before your fight.

All the best! What's your style? Well rounded or more of a wrestling focus?

Also - I thought the guy looked much bigger than you but that's not what you want to hear straight before your fight.

All the best! What's your style? Well rounded or more of a wrestling focus?

I'm more of a grappler but I'd been training Muay thai for about 4 months now and wanted to test out my stand up. Probably should have pressed the takedown more but it was a good learning experience. I fought out my comfort zone and still pulled it off
  • Upvote 2

I'm more of a grappler but I'd been training Muay thai for about 4 months now and wanted to test out my stand up. Probably should have pressed the takedown more but it was a good learning experience. I fought out my comfort zone and still pulled it off

Well done man. You know you've got a solid online fan base here.

(And I hope you remembered to say all the coolest people spend all day on MMA websites. ..It always gets a big reaction.)

• Upvote 1

I just had a look at the video, It was a very close fight which could of went either way, got to work on keeping the top control, you had him in the mount and could of finished him in the second round, but ended up on the bottom. Had to grind it out, but a win is a win as they say.

Nice win man!

I thought it was interesting how he came out orthodox at first and then switched to southpaw almost right away.

I thought you would go for more takedowns for sure but like you said it was a good learning experience and got you out of your comfort zone.

Great work, good luck in the title fight! :boxing:

The whole Tycoon MMA community is living out our dreams through you man, thanks for sharing your story.

It genuinely makes me happy to see you succeed in this sport. I can only dream myself..

Takes a real man to step inside a cage with a man trying to hurt you for a pay check to potentially feed his family. We are proud of you Norman.

• Upvote 4