Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

Thanks all! You guys are obviously being entirely too kind. We try our best, and to even be thought of as a top ID restricted org would be flattering and humbling, but yes, when it comes to Org of the Year honors clearly there are some big ones out there that carry the torch for us all! And kudos to them!

Nah, you're just a humble bastard. You guys are a shoo-in winners for OOTY honors.

• Upvote 2

Wow, you folks are awesome, and again, I'm beyond flattered peeps! Honestly, it just makes me happy that you guys are enjoying it and it's a worthwhile experience, that we can add at least some component and option to things in the game. Still say there are much better candidates out there in the big group that carry the bulk of the game for the fighters that are more established and absolutely have to have a home with high competition, I can't even imagine what it takes to manage things at the Open ID level, that's a whole different ballgame. But, I will say this, hearing the positive feedback energizes me like you wouldn't believe folks! Not that I'm needy or whatever in that regard, but I think it would do that for anybody who's giving something a good, solid effort. And Xyel, hearing that about the 360k guys, man, that feels good because my goal when we set out was to do this well enough that perhaps folks would be torn between here or other places even if the ID's were off, or contracts, or whatever, but just to make the decision one they had to think about due to "the little things" we try to do. Makes me feel like we're getting that part right, so thank you! Now stop, ya'll are making me blush! Hahahaha.

• Upvote 7

Wow, you folks are awesome, and again, I'm beyond flattered peeps! Honestly, it just makes me happy that you guys are enjoying it and it's a worthwhile experience, that we can add at least some component and option to things in the game. Still say there are much better candidates out there in the big group that carry the bulk of the game for the fighters that are more established and absolutely have to have a home with high competition, I can't even imagine what it takes to manage things at the Open ID level, that's a whole different ballgame. But, I will say this, hearing the positive feedback energizes me like you wouldn't believe folks! Not that I'm needy or whatever in that regard, but I think it would do that for anybody who's giving something a good, solid effort. And Xyel, hearing that about the 360k guys, man, that feels good because my goal when we set out was to do this well enough that perhaps folks would be torn between here or other places even if the ID's were off, or contracts, or whatever, but just to make the decision one they had to think about due to "the little things" we try to do. Makes me feel like we're getting that part right, so thank you! Now stop, ya'll are making me blush! Hahahaha.

tenor.gif?itemid=5162158

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1602255077SPPS_Poster_15.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 15

Ok folks, I say this often…that I’m going to try to make a preview or review a bit more compact and shorter than usual. And then, well, I fail to do so and it becomes the norm. Today, I really hop you guys can forgive me, but this really will be a much more compact preview. I hurt my back yesterday foolishly trying to move something I shouldn’t have on my own and frankly sitting around in a chair at the moment hurts like hell. So, yes, going to try to get through this quickly for you folks!

So with that said, welcome everybody, we’re about to kick off Sucker Punch Pro Series 15 tonight and along with me we have our analyst Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our magnificent media correspondent! No titles on the line tonight, but still a bunch of fun and excitement to be had as there are seven Light Heavyweight bouts on this card along with a pair of Middleweight contests and a Featherweight fight early on in the evening!

Let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes? If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement. It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweight

Jon Snow (1-4-0) vs. Eugeniusz Parzystopa (3-3-0)

We’re starting the evening off on the wrong foot Donkey! And that means I’m not going to be talking much about the skills and matchup with these two because if you come unprepared, which both are, well, then you haven’t given me reason to dwell on the fight!

Now, I say both are unprepared, and by that I mean both have their morale low. Parzystopa, who is making his Sucker Punch debut tonight, would normally get a little bit of a pass on this as it’s his first time with us. However, he’s managed by Daniel Archetka who also manages another recent (ex) Sucker Punch fighter, Third Tourn. Third came into his fight Wednesday un prepared as well and lost. Archettka has been MIA and leaving his fighters to fend for themselves since September 19th, so yes, we cut Tourn earlier today, and we’ll likely cut Parzystopa after this fight.

Snow comes into this fight with his morale at about 40-45%. This is at least the third time he’s done that, as his last two fights that I looked back at were the same situation. He’s still wearing his tighty-whities, which means his manager, Justin Jackson, has made zero attempt to fix and remedy the situation despite all of the information we’ve put out there to try to help everybody with these things. Needless to say, we’ll be cutting him after this fight as well, win or lose. Snow is riding a four fight losing streak coming into this fight, and I think it’s easy to guess why!

Donkey, whatcha got bud…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nope.

I’m not even going to make a pick on this one, because frankly it doesn’t matter. Both of these guys are history following this fight so do we really care who wins or loses? I wish this wasn’t the case and we didn’t have to be quite so brutal about it, but at this point, there’s really no excuse and more than enough chances have been given.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweight

Petsuwan Sitsongrit (3-2-0) vs. Broklyn Red (3-2-0)

Alright Donkey, now this is what I’m taking about and how you do it! These two, Sitsongrit and Red, are ready to rock! Thank you boys, appreciate that!

Sitsongrit is sorta making his Sucker Punch debut tonight. What I mean by that is that he fought for us back in April, but that was a Sparring Bout test fight and he wasn’t a long term member of the org yet as it was a single fight deal. He’s recently returned on a long term contract and hasn’t fought since that time, having spent his time training and preparing! He’ll be a much different fighter now than he was then no doubt! He has big skills across the board, with remarkable boxing, sensational Muay Thai, superb wrestling…oh and a blue belt just in case! I don’t know what we’ll see from him tonight to be honest, so guessing is just kinda silly!

Broklyn Red, managed by Runt., is also making his debut with us tonight and hasn’t fought an MMA bout since January! He’s been toying around a little bit in the past month with a TWGC tournament, but other than that has also focused on his training. Now, he’s ready to get in there and let it all go! He has proficient boxing, respectable Muay Thai, exceptional wrestling and a purple belt. Solid skills, and by the looks of it a bit more ground based than Sitsongrit.

What do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Sitsongrit via TKO (Strikes)

A tough call. You’re right, Red looks to be more ground based and we’ll expect him to take it to the ground, either with the intent to use GnP or submissions, possibly both. To that end, you’d think that Sitsongrit will want to use his advantage in standup to get the win tonight. We don’t know whether that will be in or out of the clinch, but given Red’s skills with grappling I’m guessing Sitsongrit will try to stand and strike from distance, using his boxing advantage. Flip a coin on this one guys, mine coin says heads, Sitsongrit!

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweight

Alex Maniatakos (0-1-0) vs. Gancho Ganevski (1-2-1)

Our next fight, a Middleweight contest between Alex Maniatakos…who strangely enough, is managed by Clubber Winger, haha…and Gancho Ganevski has another two fighters heading into the cage tonight amped up, looking good and ready to go! Awesome Donkey!

Ganevski will be coming in for his third Sucker Punch outing, with only two Kickboxing fights prior to joining us here. He won against Edward Mills via decision back in August but fell to a KO punch from Toth Orion last month. He loves the clinch, moving in and out of it but usually attempting to get right back into it. He’s also not afraid to go play on the ground and attempt a submission or two if the opportunity is there despite only having abysmal wrestling and a white belt in Jiu Jitsu!

Maniatakos is almost a carbon copy of Ganevski, at least on paper! With the same skills on the ground, he’ll likely want to stay on his feet in this contest. I’d be shocked if it goes to the ground, unless Ganevski gets a little silly and takes it there again! Maniatakos is the more skilled Muay Thai artist in this one with exceptional skills there, so Ganevski may want to adjust his strategy a bit and decide to box more tonight.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Maniatakos via TKO (Strikes)

Ganveski took it into the clinch quite a bit in his last fight with Orion, similar to his first fight, yet wasn’t half as effective the second time around. Despite having the lesser skills, Orion was able to control and prevent too much damage while in there. Maniatakos is a much more skilled fighter in the clinch and I have to think that throws the advantage in his direction unless Ganevski changes things up tonight. Which I’ll have to see him do before I’m convinced he’s working the slider game!

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweight

Soons Sam (2-2-0) vs. Adonis Banks (2-3-0)

Ouch Donkey! Well, I was hoping not to see something like this tonight, and certainly not in our fourth fight of the evening as our boys have been getting so much better about coming in ready to go and being prepared lately. But, to have a fight like this where both kids are unprepared is a disappointment to be sure, especially so close to closing out the Undercard! Honestly man, I don’t know…at the rate we’re going cutting guys from the Light Heavyweight division, we’re not going to have a division left soon!

Sam comes into this fight low on both morale and…worse…energy. He’s done the same thing in his last two fights prior to this and it should be no surprise that he’s coming into this fight on a two fight losing streak. He’s still in his tighty-whities, so yeah, no effort has been made to fix the situation. So yes, you know what that means…ahuh, he’ll be in the unemployment line come tomorrow.

Banks has lost his last two fights, with his fight just prior to this being his first at Sucker Punch. That was against Titus Fury, and he came into the fight low on morale. My guess…he’s been doing that for a while and probably did it for at least one fight before that in the QFC also. Tonight, he comes in completely on zero. No morale at all. It may be the only reason Soons Sam has a chance of winning tonight, frankly, with him coming in unprepared also. This fight could go either way, but honestly, doesn’t really matter. Banks may be able to share an Uber or Lyft with Sam on their way to the bar after the fight to discuss future employment opportunities and what went wrong in their careers!

So, what do you say Donkey...?

Donkey’s Pick: Another fight that just doesn’t matter.

Because both will be cut tomorrow. So why bother giving a pick? Hopefully the fans get some sort of huge knockout or something out of this one so they can get all rowdy and crazy about it, maybe due to one of them just not having their head straight. That would at least be a silver lining. But other than that, yes, Hare needs to cut both guys, which means we’re going to be down at least three Light Heavyweights come tomorrow! But you know what, that’s probably for the best…that division is lagging behind in hype overall compared to the others, and these types of guys are a big reason why!

Undercard Bout #5: Light Heavyweight

Steven Jones (2-6-0) vs. John Doe (1-0-0)

You know Donkey, I didn’t even have to look! I knew both of these boys would come in strong and ready to go, and sure enough, yep, they damned well are! Good on them, I love guys I can count on to come in prepared to give the fans the very best they’ve got!

Doe is an all-around fantastically skilled Light Heavyweight who is joining Sucker Punch for the first time, and despite having fought a test QFC fight almost an entire year ago, this is essentially his MMA debut! We’re honored that his manager, P J Jones, pushed his fighter to come join us here! With exceptional boxing, superb Muay Thai and wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, your guess is as good as ours where Doe may take it tonight, but know that no matter where the fight goes, this man is likely going to be prepared for it!

Steven Jones will be looking across the cage at Doe this evening and prepared to match wits and skills with him. Jones has remarkable boxing and exceptional Muay Thai, but his grappling and Jiu Jitsu skills may be just slightly behind those of Doe. He’s been with Sucker Punch his last three fights, with a win over Naizen Kamenashi in his debut via decision and then, unfortunately, falling short with losses to Parker, the now champion, and Simpson. Both via TKO and KO respectively. Against Simpson, he chose to box, although he took it into the clinch for a short period. Against Parker, well, it never went long enough to tell if he intended to box the entire time or not. When he won against Kamenashi, he clinched up quite a bit and was pretty effective there, scoring enough points to win it with the judges.

Any thoughts there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Doe via TKO (Strikes)

Jones has a granite chin, but I’m worried about his heart Hare. All of his losses in MMA, five of them, have come via TKO or KO. For a guy with a granite chin? That’s damning, and something that he either needs to address in skills if it’s a problem, such as not enough striking defense, or strategy if that’s the issue. But, it might also be heart, and if so, that’s something he and his manager, Kwest, will have to have…well, a heart to heart talk about. Doe has a lot of skills, and while he may be well-advised to take advantage of his edge on the ground, there’s a chance he could stand and bang with Jones, and if that heart is questionable, still pull out the win. He’s heavy handed as we learned in his first fight, and that could be a problem for Jones tonight given his history! If Jones can come through in this one, he can silence a lot of critics and show that his development has brought him along, something that against an opponent like Doe will give him a lot of respect and credibility!

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweight

Titus Fury (8-2-0) vs. Joseph Joestar (0-1-0)

Fury has started to develop quite the nasty habit of coming in with low morale. He’s done it four times in a row now! Two of those times, he paid a dear price, losing to my own Lamb in the semis of the Sorter Series tournament, and then losing to Tito Slamcock. He won his last fight against Adonis Banks, but as you know from the earlier fights this evening, Banks is no better about coming in prepared and that was simply a contest of who was able to overcome the lack of prep better. Not exactly a winning way of going about things.

Joe Joestar joins us for the first time this evening in his Sucker Punch debut, but also comes in low on morale. Fury is getting lucky with the opponents lately in that they’re just as unprepared as he is! Joe will get a little more leeway given it’s his first fight with us, but he’ll need to change those clothes of his and get himself right before next month’s fight, otherwise that leeway will star(t) to evaporate!

Fury has significant grounds skills and a solid submission game, yet won his last fight on the feet. Joestar did well defending on the ground in his prior fight, but certainly won’t want it there and instead should take advantage of boxing and, if need be, his clinch game. Staying off the ground is probably a good call for Joestar.

Donkey, what else have you got for us…?

Donkey’s Pick: Fury via Submission (Armbar)

I don’t even want to make a pick here, as frankly, unless Joestar turns things around and prepares himself properly next month, both of these two could, and should, be short-timers here at Sucker Punch. However, knowing Hare, Fury will be given a lot of leash given his record and hype ratings, something that frankly if he’s willing to come in unprepared and fight with, Hare will give him the opportunity to turn some of that goodness over to our other fighters. Fury will probably get this to the ground and win there tonight.

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweight

Luke Glanton (1-0-0) vs. Longsun Zhao (3-3-0)

Luke Glanton makes his debut with us tonight. Donkey, man, it sure feels like we have a ton of new faces on this card tonight! We didn’t plan it that way, but it’s pretty cool! Unlike some of the others though, this man comes in ready to rock and roll, gassed up and confidence on high! Excellent.

Glanton will face off against Longsun Zhao this evening, and aside from a flip-flop of boxing and Muay Thai skills these guys are fairly evenly matched, with both having competent wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu!

Zhao will be the better Muay Thai artist, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll use it to get the job done! Prior to his last three fights, where he had an obsession with going after Psiris Fuhren twice and then lost a battle with Hirst, he made a name for himself with his feet when he wasn’t clinched up! Those feet are very, very dangerous, especially those high kicks man!

Glanton last fought back in March this year, a test fight in the QFC that means very little. What he’ll try to do in the cage tonight is anybody’s guess, and we’re going to learn a lot about his style and what he likes to do in this one! That’s a big advantage for Kenneth Powers and his young fighter tonight, as he has information on Zhao and Zhao has very little to go by.

Donkey, what are you thinking…?

Donkey’s Pick: Zhao via KO (Head Kick)

Glanton has at least a good chin and, if his first fight way back then means anything, an ability to knock a guy out! But does he against a more developed fighter? We’ll see tonight maybe. In the meantime, Zhao needs a win desperately to get back on track, and I think he goes back to the style that won for him. I’m predicting a turnaround fight for Zhao, not to take anything away from Glanton, I just don’t know much about him yet!

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweight

Devin Ecker (1-1-0) vs. Ali Hasanov (7-4-0)

Hasanov and Ecker have both been hit or miss, no pun intended, of late when it comes to winning and losing. Both very much want to start making a big move to prove they belong in the Top 10 and are prepared to start making strides towards title contention! But, for that to happen, they need to win here tonight, and that’s exactly what both have in mind. They’re both prepared for this fight, so that at least shows that they’re both serious about wanting to make the best of their opportunities!

Hasanov is a balanced fighter with the edge in both boxing and Jiu Jitsu tonight. In the past, he hasn’t been afraid to take it to the ground and try for submissions, but he also hasn’t shied away from throwing those hands or feet out there and knocking a bitch out! So both advantages he has skill wise tonight bode well for him in this particular fight.

Ecker loves to use the clinch and has some vicious elbows and knees! That also lends itself extremely well to HIS advantages in this fight, which are with his Muay Thai and grappling! So this will become a very interesting fight in that each fighter has advantages in certain areas, and those advantages benefit their preferred style of fighting! So…

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Pick: Ecker via TKO (Strikes)

That means this is going to become a contest of who can assert themselves and define where the fight takes place! Can Ecker drive it into the clinch, control and maintain the clinch and also get his shots in? Can Hasanov break from the clinch if taken there, or prevent it altogether, and either let those hands and feet do the dirty work or even get it to the ground, from the clinch or otherwise, and use his submission skills? Ecker is a better grappler, so that could cause issues for Hasanov on the ground with trying to establish position. This is a fascinating matchup, I cannot wait for this fight! It’s very difficult to pick a winner, just flip a coin and get to watching is what I say! But hold on folks! Based upon what you’re about to read in the next preview…this fight’s about to be movin’ on up!

Co-Main Event

Light Heavyweight Bout

Mike Bard (3-2-0) vs. John Popeye (2-4-0)

Not good Donkey, not good my man! We are here at the Co-Main Event of the evening…and we have one guy who comes in unprepared in both morale and…god…energy as well! Seriously, I’m half tempted to move this fight from Co-Main event and make the prior fight the Co-Main! You know what Donkey…I’m doing that!! So when you get to the arena tonight folks, I’m sorry, yes, you’re expecting to see one thing from all the promotion materials we put out, but I’m making an executive decision here! And, my apologies go out to Mike Bard on that, because it’s not his fault.

Bard is a well-rounded fighter with proficient boxing and Muay Thai, respectable wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. He’s not afraid of the ground at all, and actually prefers it with a love of dishing out the abuse via strikes down there and making a play for a submission whenever the opportunity presents!

Popeye has now officially established himself as a recurring repeat offender, having come into the past three fights, and now this one, with a combination of energy, morale or both being low. And it’s no surprise that his results have been mixed as a result. Needless to say, if he loses tonight, which I’m guessing Donkey will say is very likely, he’ll probably be handed his walking papers after the fight. That’ll make potentially four Light Heavyweights shown the door after this event! That might be a record for me Donkey, just overall in cuts, much less from a single division!

Donkey, you have a call here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Bard via TKO (Strikes)

My guess would be that Popeye is going to run out of both energy and desire to both pushing through to win this fight. Technically, from a skills perspective, he should have been the favorite to win, but his lack of preparation is likely to turn the tide in the other direction against him. Bard can steal one here and walk away with a chance to start establishing a streak of wins going forward!

Suzy had a chance to talk to Yamashita Craven this morning as he prepares his boy Bard for the fight this evening…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Mr. Craven, thanks for taking a few moments out of your busy day to speak with me. Big fight tonight…I’m hearing rumors that Hare is considering moving it out of the Co-Main event slot though. Any thoughts on the action for the evening?

Yamashita Craven: We heard that Mike's opponent had a shitty camp and that he's both demoralized and tired. We'll make quick work of him, but we wish he had come ready!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Certainly not what you probably hoped for when you guys signed the fight offer. Wish you the best of luck this evening though and enjoy the night guys!

Main Event

Light Heavyweight Bout

Joe Junior (3-2-0) vs. Jerome Blunt (4-0-0)

Alright Donkey, and here we are! I’ll be honest, I was half afraid I was going to have to bump Hasanov and Ecker up to the Main Event tonight if these two came in unprepared as well, but no, no, these two have NOT let me down man! Both Blunt and Junior are ready to go, ready to be the highlight of the evening and ready to show the fans just what they can do in that cage Donkey!

Blunt has a beautiful, shiny 4-0 record and I’m certain has no intention of blemishing it after this one tonight! He has some standup skills, but really, his true areas of strength are his exceptional wrestling combined with his purple belt in Jiu Jitsu! So buyer beware…you probably want to stay off the ground with this guy unless you’re holding a straight flush in the ground skill department! He will literally get you on the ground, and unleash hell upon your very soul with his ground and pound!

Junior finished his last fight against Soons Sam with a KO punch that easily could have gotten KO of the Night honors! Three fights ago, he did get that honor after knocking Karol Krawczyk’s head halfway across the cage! Now, this is where it gets interesting and what makes this fight tonight absolutely amazingly intriguing…two fights ago against Hemmo Karhu Junior was taken to the ground and TKO’d there against a good ground and pound practitioner. See where I’m going with this Donkey? Oh yeah! Tonight is a HUGE test for Junior to see if he’s managed to build on that experience in the past two months, prepare to defend himself better in the ground game, or, frankly, figure out a way to avoid being taken there at all and do what he does best, knock their block off while standing!

Well Donkey, who will it be…?

Donkey’s Pick: Blunt via TKO (Strikes)

Junior has respectable wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. I’ll be honest, I don’t recall if he had those or not when he faced Karhu. Suzy, can you have one of the interns look that up for me real quick? Oh really? Ok, so Junior did have a blue belt back before that fight, but we’re not sure about the wrestling! However, he had had quite a bit of success preventing takedowns leading up to that fight but struggled suddenly in that battle. So…has he improved that with his wrestling? Perhaps! Again, I really can’t make a great pick here tonight with either guy jumping out at me as having a clear advantage, so flip your coin with me folks, and let’s see where it lands…ummmm…ok, tails says Blunt!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Well, I said in the intro that I was going to make this preview a much shorter, condensed version due to my back killing me due to my stupidity…but, again, that didn’t happen! Haha. I guess there’s just a certain amount I feel has to be said about each fight to properly preview it and I can’t help myself. Anyways, I hope you’re all ready for a bunch of fun over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney tonight! Donkey and I will be there to enjoy the action and we’ll catch up with you guys soon to see how everything went for our amazing fighters and managers!

Till then…remember…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 6

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Alright folks, a couple updated sets of Sucker Punch Pro Series rankings for you guys today! The Featherweights were due for an update in the past week and with an extra fight or so coming in overnight it was time to get it done. Also, a big majority of our Light Heavyweights fought over the past seven days so now we can definitely do a comprehensive update for them!

As I've said every time, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do put a lot of effort in when looking at the fighters in the divisions. Don't agree? Let's see who can give Donkey a solid kick to the ass...see what I did there?...first while we're blindfolded! Watch out though, I have it on good record that he kicks back...to the nuts!!! Haha.

I'm posting them here, but the current rankings for each division as they are established will always be available here: http://www.mmatycoon...=65096&p=910173

Enjoy!

SP-Rankings-145-202010010.png

Featherweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: Mike Erhmantraut / Alex Kozlovski / Sorsa Lokki / Broklyn Red / Jean Jacque Custo

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Warran Peace / Jake Drake / Hiki Antsa / Ivan Mrka / Ripper Stalone / KJ Aldo / Kaoru Nagashima / Akara Kongsangchai / Hunter Killer

SP-Rankings-205-202010010.png

Light Heavyweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: OJ Simpson / Ali Hasanov / Julian Rourke / Tito Slamcock / Harold Kerzner

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Dolph Lindgren / Morioka Shigemasa / Jerome Blunt / Ross Rhea / Steven Jones / Devin Ecker / Atilla Dorn / Ian Justino

• Upvote 3

On the 14th of October Rey Bargos steps back into the cage for his chance to prove his worth yet again. 3 - 1 MMA , Bargos is looking to grow as a fighter and as a man at age 21.

" I look at my losses in KT and MMA and I see a kid with lots of heart and little knowledge. You look at what I've done in my last three outings and it's proof to me that we are on the right path. Putting in the work , learning , grinding. I've had top tier guys offered to me but I had to say no thank you. I want to take my time on my walk to the top of the division. I want to be at my best when I arrive for my shot at the championship."

Rey has been sparring with elite strikers as he steps up to fight Rudy "Ignition" Giuliani

4 - 4 MMA. Rudy is known for his boxing and Rey has to be ready for the best his opponent has.

" Rudy is next , he is tough. I know he has KO's in all of his wins. Obviously his boxing and his strength are our biggest worries but I am confident in my skills. He has been knocked out cold four times in his KT and MMA career. I've never been finished in my career. We've had similar paths to get where we are. He was in KT but didn't blow up , I did KT but couldn't adapt my style to finishes. In MMA he finishes guys and in MMA I finish guys. This fight is really going to be fun for the fans. I am excited for them because I know the fireworks are coming!"

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1602255077SPPS_Poster_15.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 15

Hey all and welcome back as we look at Sucker Punch Pro Series 15 and all the action that came with it! Luckily my back is a lot better, actually was feeling better by last night with a little “help”, so I’m ready to rock and roll and get this thing done!

I’m Hare Rumpler, along with Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our magnificent media correspondent! This was a fun night of action as we peek back at SPPS 15, but at the same time, a bit disappointing to be honest. Can you believe that I actually cut loose not one, not two, hell, not five!...but SIX fighters after that event?!? And here’s the kicker, I’ve never let that many fighters go in a single week of running the org…must less all from the same friggin’ division! Yep, that’s right, I cut six guys from the Light Heavyweight division after these fights, for a variety of reasons from manager inactivity, to lack of preparation with morale and/or energy on a repeat basis, etc.

But you know what…the org will be better for it in the long run and frankly, if somebody else wants to pick up those anchors who weigh you down, have at it!

But anyways, still some good fun to be had, so let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition always sets us up brilliantly at these events, dishing out the samples and generally creating a party atmosphere with the swag and games and general craziness they bring all around the concourse! For those who want their boys to come prepared with the best training possible, these are the guys to visit! Their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q is the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Check them out today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweight

Eugeniusz Parzystopa Defeats Jon Snow via KO (Strikes)

We started the evening off with a fight that, quite frankly, we didn’t even bother to make picks for because both kids were totally unprepared for the fight…again…and we knew they were both going to be cut from the org immediately following the fight. And believe it or not, these two were the first couple from SIX overall cuts I made, all in the Light Heavyweight division, after this event was over.

So yes, Parzystopa won this one in a battle of the unprepared. Good on him, he can take what little hype and pop he got from that and potentially use it wherever he ends up, if he ends up somewhere.

Donkey, should I bother asking…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well deserved cuts. If Hare hadn’t said he was going to cut them and if he hadn’t followed through on it, I’d have been strongly recommending he reconsider and do it anyway! Long term, it’s better for those managers to learn via tough love, it’s better for the org to have better overall cards, and it’s better for the other fighters to have quality competition.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweight

Petsuwan Sitsongrit Defeats Broklyn Red via TKO (Punches)

Red was active in this fight when it comes to trying to get from boxing into other areas. That was probably for the best, as Sitsongrit was landing a heavy percentage of his strikes both with the hands and feet. Once Red got this fight into the clinch his move was to attempt takedowns to work the ground game, as expected.

Red only managed one takedown throughout, in the meantime continuing to take the same sort of punishment from Sitsongrit there in the clinch as he’d been taking outside it. On the ground Red was able to get a couple sub attempts in from his back after pulling guard, but eventually Sitsongrit had enough of the ground silliness and managed to get back to the feet where the abuse continued for Red.

About thirty seconds shy of the bell Sitsongrit landed a right that rocked Red, left him wobbly and trying his best to defend. Sitsongrit continued to land a few strikes…until finally…

Sitsongrit creates a bit of space for himself and rocks Red with a big uppercut! Red tries to clinch up but Sitsongrit pushes him back against the cage and lands another monster strike that crumples Red to the mat! Red covers up and Sitsongrit unloads with more strikes until the referee steps in to end the bout!

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Bit intro for Sitsongrit as he makes his Sucker Punch debut against a top quality opponent. With his estimated skill rating and this solid win coming in he’ll immediately find himself at the lower end of the Top 10 while we wait to see what else he can do in the org going forward! For Red, a tough loss but the silver lining is that his manager Runt finds out that Red only drops about 17% morale with the loss, which is fairly solid and definitely has to make you feel good about the future for him and his potential.

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweight

Alex Maniatakos Defeats Gancho Ganevski via KO (Punch)

I was thrilled to see Ganevski come into this fight with is morale and energy intact Donkey, given that he was a little low last month and clearly worked on that in the time since! Way to go for his manager, Stenli Zdravkov!

This was a well fought fight and definitely earned the Fight of the Night honors. As we mentioned in the preview, both warriors brought it to the cage, and this is the kind of quality fight that you get when that happens! For three rounds, these two went at it, and it was beginning to look as if, despite their best efforts, this might end and go to the judges!

This fight went everywhere. Within thirty seconds of the bell in the first it was on the ground compliments of Ganevski, with Maniatakos working the submission game once there and Ganevski working on the ground and pound from above. Neither was able to finish things off and eventually Ganevski bailed and stood back up, took it into the clinch, and then pulled guard to start over! Being on the back certainly wasn’t much better, as Maniatakos clearly didn’t have an issue with trying submissions from there either. Ganevski eventually managed to escape the bad position, took things to the clinch where he did somewhat better, and then pulled guard back to the ground again. The whole point, yeah, this fight was all over the place, but neither able to capitalize in the first.

Round two opened up with Ganevski scoring a four punch combo, with his corner clearly wanting him to start establishing himself and asserting himself in the fight after supposedly getting the first round in a close one with the judges. This round saw a lot more clinch from Ganevski again and a single takedown which didn’t stay on the mat long. Another close round, but in the clinch Maniatakos got the best of it and was able to steal another close one with the judges, evening up the score according to the play by play guys!

The third was up and down again, in and out of the clinch as well, with Maniatakos getting the better of the exchanges. Finally, the continued abuse caught up with Ganevski and the fight ended…

Maniatakos breaks the clinch and we're back to striking at distance. Ganevski's hands are dropping dangerously low here and Maniatakos connects clean with a right hook that sends him down to one knee! Ganevski scrambles back to his feet. Ganevski is rocked!

Maniatakos shakes his hands by his side, trying to relax. Ganevski takes his eyes off the ball for a moment - Maniatakos sees the opportunity and cracks him with a massive hook! Ganevski bends double and collapses on top of himself - he's out! The crowd are going absolutely nuts! Wow, what a knockout!

Well, that’s one way to just nonchalantly act like you’re not trying to end it and then…to do just that!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A really great fight with a lot of back and forth for close to the entire three rounds! Maniatakos aces his first test here at Sucker Punch and is set to make a nice run going forward. Ganevski drops two in a row and will need a big bounce back fight next time out. More concerning for him down the line might be the loss of morale, as we know he came into this fight with it just about topped off. Yet, after the loss, he’s down around 45% which doesn’t say a ton about his confidence.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweight

Adonis Banks Defeats Soons Sam via TKO (Strikes)

No sense going into this one too much either Donkey! As we said, it was probably best that these two share an Uber back from the event, because they were unemployed afterward! Both came in unprepared one too many times, and that was that. Nuff said, winner doesn’t matter. Good luck to ya! I hear Banks was picked up by BFC…best of luck to them, I wouldn’t expect him to come in prepared anytime soon…

Anything Donkey...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Nope, not really. Banks’ win over Sam probably helped him get employed again right away, and that he has a .500 record. But if he doesn’t learn from the experience and start preparing himself for fights properly, he’ll only be getting used for what little hype+pop he has and then let go again when drained dry.

Undercard Bout #5: Light Heavyweight

John Doe Defeats Steven Jones via KO (Punch)

Donkey noted in the preview that Jones has a granite chin, yet his five prior losses all came via TKO or KO…and as such he worried about this kid’s heart. Perhaps that was a possible concern, because this fight almost made it to the end of the first round, but then…Joe landed the big one and despite that granite chin, Jones went down to another KO Punch!

These guys went at it toe to toe minus about 20 seconds in the clinch midway through the second minute of action. In that time Jones was able to land a few, albeit with less success than Doe was having. Twelves shots total including a nice combo. Doe managed to land eighteen in the fight, not including the four leg kicks he landed to help start slowing Jones down some.

But the big moment of the night came loaded with the full spirit and soul of what we love here at Sucker Punch, and that was a cheap shot special that not only was dealt, but dealt as the finishing blow! This, right here ladies and gentlemen, is as P J Jones put it…Sucker Punch 101!...

Jones is wiping some vaseline out of his eye. Doe doesn't give a rats ass about fair play and cracks him with a massive hook to the side of the head! Jones crumples to the floor out cold! The cornerman is going to be in Jones's bad books for that mishap!

Yesssssss! Donkey, now that’s what I’m talking about! Taking the shot when it’s there, fair or not, and having no remorse whatsoever about it!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

That was brutal and I’m sure that Jones’ team is going to probably file a grievance over it…but it’s clearly going to fall on deaf ears if you just heard the excitement in Hare’s voice! This is Sucker Punch Pro Series, whinging that something wasn’t sportsmanlike or fair isn’t going to gather much steam! But, being the one who delivered it seems to be a good way to get yourself KO of the Night! HAHA! A heck of a debut for Doe as he moves to 2-0 on the career, and one that is going to be especially bitter for Jones as he takes his third loss in a row. And goes home with a mouthful of bitterness on top of it! Next month, he’ll get to take all of his frustrations out on Devin Ecker…if he can!

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweight

Titus Fury Defeats Joseph Joestar via Submission (RNC)

That headline should say “Defeats and Cancels the Contract for…”. Joe Joestar’s manager has been MIA since about mid-September and therefore, his contract was not to be after this fight. If we’re being fair, Fury is on thin ice as well, but being that he’s been finding a way to win and hanging onto some hype, well, he’s grudgingly earned himself a shot to stick around a bit longer. A good bet would be for him to quickly learn to come in with his morale up to snuff though, because it’ll only take two losses in a row before I cut him loose as well if he doesn’t shape up.

With Joestar coming in both unprepared and lacking any guidance due to an inactive manager, Donkey properly predicted that he’d lose the fight via submission once Fury got him to the ground. It took a lot longer than it should have, likely due to Fury’s morale being low as well, but yes, the inevitable eventually happened, with Titus snagging the win via submission just short of two minutes into the third.

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Fury is walking a very dangerous road with the continued lack of morale coming into fights. Which is a shame, because this kid had SO much potential. Honestly, by now this kid should have contended for the championship. But it is what it is, and you can’t force managers to change their ways. You can cut their guys though if they don’t get it together, so…please get it together? Change his clothes for crying out loud!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweight

Longsun Zhao Defeats Luke Glanton via Submission (Armbar)

Zhao pulled a fast one on all of us the other night in this bout with Glanton! Sure, we knew he had some level of wrestling, with competent and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. And, clearly, we knew he could potentially go for a sub, as he did that back in his very first fight. But, that was a long time ago. And he’d developed into a strike since then, right? Well…maybe, but not necessarily!

Instead, Zhao changed things up on us and really faked us all out in this one, going into the clinch right from the bell…and then, after a bit of maneuvering in close, pulled guard to take this thing to the ground! From there, the submission attempts started flying and I think it caught just about everybody in the place off-guard, including Glanton! First a triangle attempt, nothing…then another try, but Glanton was able to keep clear…and then…

Zhao looking to try and escape his hips here, looking for a submission. It looks like he's going for a triangle but Glanton is defending well. Zhao quickly switches to an armbar and extends the arm! Glanton has no choice but to tap, to a very quick submission! Wow, that was lightning fast! Zhao celebrates on the cage, with the crowd.

A beauty of a finish, huh Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I didn’t see that coming Hare. You didn’t see that coming. The fans didn’t see that coming and Glanton’s team definitely didn’t see that coming! Respect to Zhao for going in with a different game plan and really making it happen, trusting that although he didn’t have a high level of ground skills that it might be enough against Glanton’s equivalent skills on the ground. Zhao needed that win to turn things around, and it’s a huge thing NOT to go four losses I a row. A fresh start from here on out? Glanton goes to .500 at 1-1, but certainly not the way he and his manager, Kenneth Powers, envisioned his debut here at Sucker Punch!

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweight

Mike Bard Defeats John Popeye via TKO (Strikes)

Popeye came into this fight ripe for the picking, with both energy and morale low, and sure enough Bard plucked that win so fast it made Popeye’s head spin! And all the rest of ours as well!

The bell rang…and Bard dropped Popeye with a left right combo! Damn, seriously, first two shots and down he goes! Yeah, morale and all don’t matter at all, huh?!? Popeye was cut to add insult to…er, well, to add injury to insult, I guess?

Bard then proceeded to put a few shots on Popeye…and get this…the ref had to actually tell a…well, I guess technically a pro fighter…that he has to defend himself! Hahaha, that’s probably one of the funniest things I’ve heard in the cage in a long time guys. Seriously, a guy in the seventh fight of his career having to be told by the ref…less than twenty seconds into a fight…that he has to actually defend himself. That should tell you everything you need to know about this fight. Popeye wasn’t there to fight, he wasn’t there ready to win. Frankly, he just wasn’t there.

Here was that sequence and then mercifully, the quick end after twenty-two seconds…

Popeye takes a couple of big shots there - the referee warns him that he has to defend himself better. Bard cracks Popeye with a big elbow. Oh, he's hurt! Bard immediately mounts and start dropping bombs! Popeye is done! The referee jumps in and saves him from any more punishment - a quick and decisive finish by Bard!

Donkey, got anything…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I’m shocked you even spent that much time on the fight Hare! You spent longer on it than the fight took. But I suppose that was all for Bard’s sake who did come ready to go. Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, yes, Popeye made the final cut of the day bringing the casualty total up to six! Bard will be tested better potentially next month against Blunt who, when he comes ready to rock, can have a lot of success.

Co-Main Event

Light Heavyweight Bout

Ali Hasanov Defeats Devin Ecker via Submission (Armbar)

This next fight got moved to the Co-Main event of the night because both guys were set and ready to go, full morale and high on energy…and honestly, I thought this was going to be a damned war! Instead…Ecker did the unthinkable…

Ok, well, it’s not really the unthinkable…as Ecker does technically have the better wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. And I suppose he was thinking he was going to get in there, and work the ground and pound, so he wasn’t on his feet against Hasanov who likes to let those hands and feet fly! So…yep…Ecker took this thing to the ground right from the bell, driving in and landing right in Hasanov’s guard. But, as it turns out, Hasanov was ready to play a little game of “Watch what I can do from the bottom!”.

Immediately, Hasanov went for a triangle but Ecker was able to defend and push away, in the meantime starting to throw elbows and punches that were failing to connect. He was so focused on that though that the next shot he threw, he left that arm in there a little too long, and BAM! Hasanov grabbed that thing and had it extended before Ecker knew what had happened! Tap tap tap, this one was all over folks! Fantastic, fast, amazing BJJ finish for Hasanov!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

You said it all Hare! This thing didn’t go in any of the directions we thought it might, and my list of questions all went unanswered for the most part! Ha, well, these guys don’t go out there just to play by our game plan, they have their own, and fights like this prove it! Ecker drops to 1-2 and will look to rebound next month against Steven Jones. For Hasanov, this was a huge win that takes him to 8-4 and gives him a chance to prove he can move away from a .500 record in non QFC fights. If he can string one or two more together, we could be talking about him in terms of Top 10 again and then maybe even Top 5!

Main Event

Light Heavyweight Bout

Joe Junior Defeats Jerome Blunt via TKO (Strikes)

Well Donkey, our Main Event of the evening, and you whiffed big time on this one! You called for Blunt for the win, but instead, Junior walks out of here after only letting it get less than a half minute into the second round!

One of the big questions for this fight was whether, if it made it to the ground, Junior would be able to defend himself down there. Junior was getting the better of this fight for the first two minutes, or just shy of it. He managed to stuff quite a few of Blunt’s takedown attempts and in the process thanked him with a few head shots. But then, Blunt got the takedown, something that we figured would be very bad for Junior!

As expected, Blunt began the abuse from above, first with some hammerfists and, after fending off a couple Junior sub attempts, more strikes to the body and head trying to wear down Junior! He was definitely doing what he does with joy and abandon, raining down nasty shots and then…BAM!...Blunt landed a ncie one that rocked Junior and with Junior rocked managed to advance to mount! Oh, very, very bad for Junior! And then…what may have been the biggest turning point in the fight to give Junior some confidence back and get him out of trouble…

Oh Junior is still in real trouble! Will he be able to recover?!! Junior bucks up and manages to get a nice reversal! He's in guard on the top - nicely done! Junior seems to have got his legs back now.

And from there Junior got back to his feet! About another half minute and Blunt was able to score another takedown, but after another quick failed sub attempt from Junior the round came to an end.

Round two started, and things began all to familiarly, Junior with a shot to the body and Blunt with a takedown attempt that didn’t get it to the ground this time...and then bam, almost as if the corner had told Junior exactly what to wait for and what would come…and what to do with it!...

Blunt doesn't succeed with the takedown and Junior counters with a huge left! Blunt is in big trouble! He's backing up but Junior isn't giving him chance to recover. Under a barage of punches the ref has to step in to save Blunt from any more damage. A dominating finish by Junior!

A big finish Donkey, nice one eh…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Junior answered a ton of questions in that fight. And to be fair, that fight easily could have gone either way. Junior with big power striking from the feet, but Blunt clearly almost having been able to finish that thing on the ground with his brutal ground and pound! Exciting fight, I know this one was a very close second for fight of the night at least in our eyes. The fans didn’t rate it as high, and frankly I’m not sure why. These two gave it everything! Junior moves solidly into the Top 10 with this win, and with time may be in contention. With his relative age in training and level of skills, he has a little more work to do but he’s certainly on the right track! For Blunt…he’s got to be disappointed after being so close to winning that fight when it was on the ground. But what might be more disappointing for him is what his manager got from it, which was seeing Blunt become completely and totally demoralized after taking his first ever loss. That’s something the manager, Jean Blanc, and Blunt will probably want to discuss.

Well, some good, some bad, a lot in between but still a lot of fun on this night Sucker Punch crew! Sure, we cut six guys after this event, all from the Light Heavyweight division, but hey, sometimes you need to cull the herd eh? These guys knew it was coming, and yet, for the most part many of them didn’t care to bother fixing what needed to be fixed. Oh well. Our loss is…well, somebody else’s loss if they get them, but it’s not our issue anymore! The fun was there though, and we hope you enjoyed the crazy action the other night, we look forward to being back with you this coming Wednesday everybody!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 2

Jones is wiping some vaseline out of his eye. Doe doesn't give a rats ass about fair play and cracks him with a massive hook to the side of the head! Jones crumples to the floor out cold! The cornerman is going to be in Jones's bad books for that mishap!

15600006335673.png

John Doe

"Its a fight, if your mascara gets in your eyes during that fight, thats on you!"

• Upvote 1

Lowblow Lowdown: Nyah Hirst

Kaufpunch Media Partnership

*Scene opens in a studio, on an interview set. There is large screen displaying a never- before-seen logo, KaufPunch Media Partnership. On each side of the screen sit our trusty correspondents. Chief Analyst Juan Alculo and Reporter Vernita Perkins. Vernita Perkins is looking business-like, as usual, in a crisp plum business suit. Juan Alculo is wearing a formal black suit, white shirt, and a black tie. It’s like he’s going to a dinner party after the show. Alculo is tall and slender, with slicked-back, jet-black hair. He looks like a cross between a (association) football announcer and a retired telenovela star who is late to a meeting. The red light on the camera tells them it’s time to get started*

Vernita Perkins: Good day to you, fans! I’d like to personally welcome you to our first production of the KaufPunch Media Partnership. On this show we will be bringing you in-depth coverage and interviews of up-and-coming fighters. We’re going to be asking the hard questions and if they won’t answer…we will wait patiently, live on air, until the fighter provides the answer. I’m joined today by former Chilean soup opera star and *perplexed* apparently, our Chief Analyst, Jaun Alculo.

Jaun Alculo: Heeeellloooooo spppooortttzzz faaanzzz!! I am soooo excited to bring to you our show: Lowblow Lowdown.

VP: *Looks at Juan displeased* What the..? Lowblow Lowdown, seriously? What asshat at KaufPunch came up with that?

JA: *Clears his throat* Actually, Vernita, it was me. And I think it is quite clever.

VP: *Rolls her eyes* Right.

JA: On this episode of Lowblow Lowdown we are pleased to bring you our first in-depth, live interview. Nyah Hirst is currently the #2 middleweight at Sucker Punch. This Japanese-born fighter is riding an impressive four fight win streak that has him tearing through 185-pounders with thrilling passion and reckless abandon. We will find out what makes this Las Vegas-based 20-year-old tick here, today, right now actually.

VP: I believe we will be interviewing Mr. Hirst on location. This interview will be brought to you by satellite. Where exactly IS Nyah Hirst right now?

JA: Vernita, I’ll be honest with you *looks closer down at his note cards* I’m not sure. It doesn’t say exactly. Apparently, he is at an undisclosed location deep in the Australian Outback.

VP: Right, I see how it is. I can’t get me a raise and the meatheads at corporate buying satellites to interview some guy in the Outback. But enough about me. Let’s get Nyah up on the screen.

*Static appears on the big screen where the KaufPunch logo had previously resided. A few seconds later the fuzzy image on the screen begins to sharpen. Nyah Hirst appears. He is surrounded by vast empty space, red dirt, and many bushes. Hirst is adorned in a brown monk’s robe spanning the length of his body and coming to an end just centimeters from the ground. He’s got a crop of spikey blond hair on the top of this head. Nyah looks to be in a suspiciously serene state*

VP: Welcome to the show, Nyah. I’m glad we were able to find you. Where exactly are you anyway?

Nyah Hirst: I'm in the Shrine of the Light. It has guided me here, it guides everything.

VP: *Looks at Juan and then at the camera confused* The shrine of light? Juan, what is he talking about?

NH: You do not see Light. Most cannot. But that is fine. I have been chosen by the Light to be its witness. And the shrine lies deep within the Outback.

VP: Alright, what in the hell are you talking about, Hirst? I see *points to light above her* that light *points to several studio lights* that light and that light. What "Light" are YOU referring to?

NH: Destiny, Future, God, Fate, the Light has been called by many ways

JA: What she is saying, Nyah, is that you are sounding like a craaaaazyy person. Are you high right now?

NH: No, I have no use for drugs. And visions, often appear as madness, until they become the truth.

VP: Alright *rolls her eyes* we 30 seconds in and he talkin about visions. Let's just start this interview. Nyah, my papers say you were born in Tokyo. Tell us about your childhood.

NH: My father was a soldier, stationed at a nearby US army base. My Mother, a whore the soldiers liked to visit. I never learned of my father. My mother had died of overdose before I turned ten

VP: I’m sorry. That is very heavy. What happened to you?

NH: I ended up on the streets. It was there, in an abandoned shrine, I found the Light.

JA: You found the light in the streets of Tokyo? Typical. There are many, many lights there. Green lights, blue lights. Red lights. Lots of red lights.

VP: Can you give the viewers some insight on the moment you found "The Light"? How old were you?

NH: I was twelve. I descended down a stairway deep in the San'ya district. The place was said to be haunted, but I needed a roof, as the rain season had come. One thousand dead rats lay beneath the stairs, and as I walked over their carcasses, I found myself in an ancient shrine. Above the broken alter, the Light revealed itself to me. The Light came to guide me.

VP: You weren’t even a teenager then. You found the Light. What happened next?

NH: I scavenged what I could from the streets, stole food from restaurants and stands I stole what I could, I hid from everyone and everything.

VP: That is a tough life. You really faced adversity essentially, from the moment you came out of your mother. When did martial arts come into the picture?

NH: When the older, bigger kids wanted to take from me what I had stolen. I never had a teacher growing up. But for a time, I hid behind a dojo. I watched them train. I practiced. I learned.

JA: You just learned on your own?

NH: In those years, yes. It was only when I came to Las Vegas I got coaches. Although it is the Light that guides my every move.

JA: The really nerdy fight fans will, of course, want to know. Which dojo in Japan was it? You are a pro fighter now and the world is watching. Care to make them famous?

NH: The place had long since burned down. *Takes a deep breath* Nothing good lasts in San'ya.

VP: Mysterious.

JA: What martial art did you pick up from that early training? How does it form your nucleus as a fighter?

NH: Karate, I believe, but the old style. Designed for actual combat, not sport.

VP: Interesting, so you really started with traditional Karate. What would you say to those who no longer consider traditional martial arts relevant in favor of more modern hybrids like, say, MMA?

JA: Yes yes…do you think the old masters could compete today? There videos of traditional Kung Fu and Karate masters getting embarrassed all over the internet.

NH: Traditional martial arts are focused more on the spirit, on the growth of the fighter as a whole, rather than the pure sport. Would the master of that old dojo be able to compete in MMA? I don’t think so. His favorite move was to jab his fingers into the opponent's eye. Hardly a move suitable for sports. MMA does not attack the groin, the eyes, the throat, or the back of the neck. Not to mention it doesn't use weapons. So, under MMA rules, MMA wins. Obviously, outside of the sport, well, missing an eye is a bit of a problem for most fighters, isn’t it.

JA: *To Vernita* A diplomatic answer.

VP: Ok, let’s move along. You were in Tokyo, how in the world did you end up in Las Vegas of all places?

NH: When I was 15, the Light led me onto a ship on which I smuggled myself to Las Vegas. I hid in a cargo container on a cruise ship. The container's closing was loose, so even though I stayed there for a week, I survived on rain water flowing down by the opening. When I got to Las Vegas, the Light guided my hands through one fight after another until a scout picked me up for MMA.

VP: You spent the entire week-long journey across the Pacific in a storage container. It is incredible that you survived. What was the Light telling during this time?

NH: The Light made sure I survived. The Light wasn’t “telling me” anything. The Light doesn't speak like you or I, it only guides those who are worthy. I knew I was on my way to the future. The Light had chosen for me to leave Tokyo, so I had to, and wherever I was going, destiny was waiting for me

JA: *Interjects* wait wait hold on *looking down at google maps on his phone* Las Vegas is not even connected to water! How did a ship take you there?! Does the Light not know geography?

VP: Shut up Juan, *sarcastically* the light can probably drive!

NH: *Ignoring the interviewers’ comments* The container got loaded onto a truck.

VP: You arrive in Vegas at 15, what happens then?

NH: First, the Light guided me to its local shrine, and there, I found an old stash of a local gang with the money. I got myself a place to stay and started fighting in amateur fights

VP: With no formal training, you started to compete? Just like that?

NH: The Light had given me all I ever needed. I won, one after another, until a scout of Don Xyel picked me up.

JA: Ok, I have to ask this question. The viewers will want to know. If “the Light” gives you all you need, then why train now? Why not save on the gym fees??

NH: Don Xyel would not suffer me not obeying his rule. He might not see the Light, but he does not suffer disobedience

JA: Ohhhhh draaaamma, noow you are speaking my language. So it was Don Xyel vs. The Light…

VP: *Interrupts* …and Xyel won??

NH: Won? No. Merely a strategic standoff. The Light cares not of me working for him for as long as he lets me pursue the guidance of the Light. That is why I fight in Sucker Punch.

JA: Are serving two masters?

NH: The Don wanted me to sign to a regular 360k org, but I needed to go Australia, where the main shrine of the light lies. That is where I am now

VP: Great, lets fast forward a little...you started training MMA, had a successful amateur career, did you actually want to go pro?

NH: I cared not, but the progression was natural. One needs challenge to grow

JA: You became a pro fighter because the Light guided you to Australia?

NH: Yes, I had no good way to get to Australia then to become a pro and sign to an Australian org.

VP: Sucker Punch is a top org. Were you excited to start your pro career at such a high level? Did you feel pressure at all?

NH: Pressure, yes, a lot of it. But the Light keeps me calm and focused

VP: Does winning matter to you?

NH: In victory lies growth, progress. There is not much in defeat.

VP: Can sometimes one learn more from a defeat than from a victory?

JA: *To Vernita* How would he know? He's never lost!

VP: *To Juan* I was asking him! *motions to Nyah Hirst on the screen*

NH: My opponents never look like they have learned something from defeat. Other than fear.

VP: True point there! Speaking of which, let's take a look at your first pro fight against Crisis Smoove

NH: A low hanging fruit, an easy endeavor.

CLIP ROLLS:

Hirst fakes a head punch and goes low to the body. Nicely done.

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

KNOCKDOWN

Hirst drops Smoove with a hook right on the temple. He thinks about going to the ground but Smoove looks back up at him and smiles so Hirst waves him back to his feet - he obviously thinks he can knock him out after that shot landed.

HE’S ROCKED

Smoove is rocked!

CUT

It looks like Crisis Smoove has been cut.

Hirst lands a powerful looking uppercut that connected with his opponent's jaw.

Oh Smoove is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Smoove seems to have got his legs back now.

KNOCKDOWN

Hirst drops Smoove with a hook right on the temple. He thinks about going to the ground but Smoove looks back up at him and smiles so Hirst waves him back to his feet - he obviously thinks he can knock him out after that shot landed.

Hirst lands an uppercut out of nowhere! Smoove falls backwards - clearly groggy! Hirst dives in and finishes the fight with more strikes for a TKO finish!

VP: So, I take it you were confident ahead of that match?

NH: The Light guides me, so I have nothing to fear or to be nervous about.

VP: These are three separate things, one can be nervous and fearful, but still confident...can one not?

NH: Then I suppose I am confident.

JA: Was it your plan to just go in there and knock him out like that?

VP: Smoove did come in with some boxing in his background.

NH: Pretty much, yes. There is only so many times in a row a fist can meet a face before the face's owner falls.

VP: Possibly the truest statement in mixed martial arts.

VP: Now, let’s look at a clip from your second match. You ended it in a similar fashion to the first:

CLIP ROLLS

Hirst circles and sees the opportunity to plant his feet and throw a really nice straight left hand that drops Moker to the canvas! Moker doesn't know where he is but he's trying to survive - Hirst keeps piling on the pressure and forces the referee to step in! This one is aaaaaall over!

NH: Brendan surprised me. He actually managed to touch me. Didn’t hurt me, but still.

VP: You've ended all four of your fights with your hands, I'm seeing a pattern emerge. Would say you are a boxer first?

NH: Karate is close to boxing in a way. A large part of it involves a fist clashing with the opponent's head.

JA: How do you reconcile the differences?

NH: The variety of techniques helps. Some punches are strict boxing ones, others old karate style.

VP: Karate also largely focuses on kicks, no?

NH: Whatever works, works. Kicks, yes, but I was always more a man of the fist

JA: The worlds football players would say that the foot is the strongest fist...are they wrong?

NH: Hitting a ball is a quite different task than hitting the face of the man trying to hit you

VP: Let's talk about another aspect. So far, none of your fights have gone to the ground. Most traditional marital arts don't involve the ground game much. Is this a weakness your opponents can to exploit?

NH: I have no weakness. Many have tried to take me to the ground, all have failed

JA: Good point Vernita, there hasn’t been a top contender with only a BJJ white belt since before the 1990s.

VP: What if you fight a top-notch wrestler? Can your takedown defense really stop all comers?

NH: I don't see any top wrestlers at the top of my division, do you?

VP: What is you get matched up with...say Wilferd Ainsworth?

JA: The Third, Vernita, Wilferd Ainsworth The Third.

NH: So far, he has made the exactly same number of takedowns and offensive ground moves as I have.

VP: Certainly, we are not speaking of the past. Your record so far is crystal clear. What if you are matched with such an opponent? What then?

NH: Then I would knock him out like everyone else.

VP: And if through sheer luck he manages to take you down?

NH: then he will achieve nothing. Just like against my friend Konrad Wagner. He has been taken down, not too many results.

VP: Arrogance or confidence...we soon shall see.

VP: Of course, it's fair to have some arrogance after that phenomenal finish in your 3rd fight.

JA: Yes, this one is on everyone’s "best of" high light reels for 2020

VP: Juan, this one is on "best KOs of ALL TIME"

CLIP ROLLS

Scruggs backs away from a small jab... but Hirst lunges forward with a huge superman punch! Scruggs crumples to the ground as his mouth piece is sent flying! Hirst with a spectacular finish!

VP: It looks like you timed that superman punch to counter his jab perfectly. Had you watched tape on Scruggs? Was this something you had been drilling or did you just see the opportunity in the moment and take it?

NH: Buster possessed great power, but no wisdom to wield it. He opened himself, he got punched, he went out cold.

VP: He sure did! Let's take a slight detour now, shall we. I want to ask about your *ahem* personal life. Is there a special lady or man out there? Or is it just “all light all the time” for you?

NH: I have no time for things. The path of Light requires focus, concentration, and a steady heart, no matter how many hookers Don Xyel sends my way.

JA: Oh, how generous!

VP: I see. Sounds like you are incredibly focused *under her breath* and explains why you're so damn uptight. *even more under her breath* Got a damn stick shoved up underneath the back of that robe or something.

NH: There was someone…Back in the streets of Vegas. I told her not to take drugs. She did not listen. She overdosed.

VP: I take it she did not see the light

NH: No, most cannot see it, but I have been chosen to show them the path.

VP: Is the light some sort of kooky religion or something? Are you like a cult leader?

NH: *Looks directly into the camera* I am like a champion who inspires others by carving the way to the future.

VP: I see. Let's now shift out focus to your next opponent. You are scheduled to fight on October 17th, against a very game opponent. Your toughest, to be sure. Psiris “The Virus” Fuhren. what your thoughts on Fuhren?

NH: Yes, Psiris is older, more experienced, and he has purple hair

VP: Yes, his hair is so loud he has apparently been cited for violating noise ordinances in multiple jurisdictions. Fuhren is a skilled striker. Two FOTNs, 1 KO of the Night. Will you stand and bang with him?

NH: Obviously. Such is the path of the Light.

JA: The path of the light is to stand and bang!

VP: Let me ask a question that might put you in some crosshairs. Do you think you have the best Boxing in Sucker Punch at 185? Can you knock out anyone in the division?

NH: I am not certain about the KO. The champion seems to be resilient to that.

VP: But you feel like you can outbox the champ, if given the opportunity?

NH: Yes. After Psiris, his turn will come.

VP: I'm sure if Wanderson is watching this, he'll take some exception to those words. But before that, you still have to come up with a cure for The Virus.

JA: Or at least a vaccine.

NH: Yes, the man with purple hair likes to think he is not a stepping stone. He will see the error of his way when he lies unconscious inside the cage.

VP: Do you want to say anything directly to your opponent?

NH: No, there is no need for words. The Light has no use for quarrels.

JA: Hey hey *Sees kangaroo in background behind Hirst* Nyah, is that a kangaroo behind you?

*Indeed a kangaroo hops behind Nyah Hurst, oblivious to the interview taking place*

NH: No, you may have had too much to drink

VP: Wow, this man is laser focused. Let me go back to your comment just now. No use for quarrels, interesting words for a prize fighter.

NH: Prize is mostly earned for winning fights. As is the Light's guidance

VP: Would you fight for free?

NH: I would, but Don Xyel would have a thing or two to say about that.

VP: From your mouth to the ears of the corporate heads at Sucker Punch

JA: I hope you don’t have contract negotiations coming up.

NH: *Looks perplexed, breaking his semblance of calm briefly for the first time* Do fighters ever participate in those? The Don does not let me close to any negotiation.

VP: It looks like we've reached the end of our time here. Nyah Hirst, thank you so much for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to say to the fans, or anyone out there before we sign off?

NH: Watch me, and see the greatness of the Light.

VP: The Greatness of the Light. You heard it here first. See for yourself if the Light will stay Lit or will The Virus lay claim to another victim on October 17 at Sucker Pro Series 17 sponsored by Shadow Warrior Nutrition! You’d be a damn idiot to miss it. This has been Lowblow Lowdown, a production of KaufPunch Media Partnership. I’m Vernita Perkins with Juan Alculo, till next time.

FADE TO BLACK

• Upvote 7

Lowblow Lowdown: Nyah Hirst

Kaufpunch Media Partnership

JA: *Clears his throat* Actually, Vernita, it was me. And I think it is quite clever.

Hare - First chuckle here, knew this was going to get good and settled in with my coffee!

VP: Alright, what in the hell are you talking about, Hirst? I see *points to light above her* that light *points to several studio lights* that light and that light. What "Light" are YOU referring to?

Hare - Not sure why, but seeing them in my mind's eye pointing at all the studio lights really got me!

NH: Traditional martial arts are focused more on the spirit, on the growth of the fighter as a whole, rather than the pure sport. Would the master of that old dojo be able to compete in MMA? I don’t think so. His favorite move was to jab his fingers into the opponent's eye. Hardly a move suitable for sports. MMA does not attack the groin, the eyes, the throat, or the back of the neck. Not to mention it doesn't use weapons. So, under MMA rules, MMA wins. Obviously, outside of the sport, well, missing an eye is a bit of a problem for most fighters, isn’t it.

Hare - Now hold on a cotton pickin' minute here, let's not discourage any of that activity here at Sucker Punch!! Haha, we need more attacks to the groin, eyes throat, etc. not less!

JA: *Interjects* wait wait hold on *looking down at google maps on his phone* Las Vegas is not even connected to water! How did a ship take you there?! Does the Light not know geography?

Hare - My first true almost coffee mess! I was thinking to myself leading up to this, "What's with these fools, you can't take a ship to Las Vegas!" and then this! hahahaha!

NH: In victory lies growth, progress. There is not much in defeat.

VP: Can sometimes one learn more from a defeat than from a victory?

JA: *To Vernita* How would he know? He's never lost!

VP: *To Juan* I was asking him! *motions to Nyah Hirst on the screen*

NH: My opponents never look like they have learned something from defeat. Other than fear.

Hare - Entire sequence was fantastic! I agree with Hirst...losing is for...well, losers! That was deep, wasn't it? The Light would approve...I think.

NH: I have no time for things. The path of Light requires focus, concentration, and a steady heart, no matter how many hookers Don Xyel sends my way.

Hare - I'll be keeping in mind that this is what Xyel spends my $ on during the next round of contract negotiations...

NH: Yes, Psiris is older, more experienced, and he has purple hair

Hare - Ok, that one just about got me, I almost lost it. Seriously, so close, so so close to wasting perfectly good coffee!

JA: Hey hey *Sees kangaroo in background behind Hirst* Nyah, is that a kangaroo behind you?

*Indeed a kangaroo hops behind Nyah Hurst, oblivious to the interview taking place*

NH: No, you may have had too much to drink

Hare - A kangaroo, much like a goat, chimpanzee or orangutan makes everything better! Or so I'm told!

FADE TO BLACK

This was absolute pure gold!!! Damned gold I tell you!!! My god, I was drinking my coffee while watching the show and bout spat the shit everywhere a couple times! Hirst is a trip, and Vernita and Juan's reactions to things are priceless! Couple of the comments that really got me above, again...damn, well done, well done, I cannot wait for the next Kaufpunch piece!

Well done Kaufman!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1602594742SPPS_Poster_16.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 16

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans, I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and the incomparable Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent. We’ll be over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena tonight for this mid-week card as we get ready for some big time fights, big time excitement, and maybe…if we’re lucky…some big time cheap shots! C’mon, who isn’t starving for a little kick to the dingle dangle action, huh? Er, I mean, seeing it happen in the cage…not, you know…getting kicked ourselves and all…well…anyway, moving along!

No titles on the line tonight but that won’t stop us from enjoying what’s on tap! For this one, we’re starting out with a good old fashioned big boy bout to open things as Devin Hill and Demon Mask face off. There will be four of the beast fights total on the card so the big guys are well represented tonight and we may get to see some awesome knockouts for finishes! Our second fight of the night will be a contest between Angenor De Oliveira and Edward Mills as they kick things off for the pair of Middleweight fights we have on the card. I’m not going to lie…Angenor is not prepared for this fight most likely, so you know Donkey and I will be rooting for a big time finish for Mills to punish him for that lack of prep! Along with all of that will be four Lightweight matches tonight, with the final two filling out the Main Card as our Main and Co-Main Events of the evening!

So enough of the teaser here, let’s get moving along, hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition will be on hand at the Bondi and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch! Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Heavyweights

Devin Hill (1-2-0) vs. Demon Mask (0-1-0)

Alright, let’s get this thing going! And kicking it off is going to be this Heavyweight contest between Mask and Hill! I’m not even going to go all losing my shit here Donkey, so I’ll just say that Mask is coming into this fight with his morale low, and that’s going to make me think you’re already picking against him if I know you buddy!

Now, I was going to be a little fair about it and follow that up by saying that this is only Mask’s second fight ever, and that perhaps he hasn’t yet learned that after a loss…and the subsequent morale drop…you’re going to have to change out some clothes a few times to get that morale back up. But…it’s not really on Mask. It’s on his manager in this case, as I had one of our interns go out and speak with some of Paulie B’s other kids in his stable. Turns out, the general consensus is that their manager just doesn’t foot for new clothes for them regularly enough and there’s generally a morale problem in that camp. Paulie’s been around long enough to know better, so we’ll hope he sees this, it shames him into changing his ways and he improves that before next month. Because you know what’s coming otherwise!

Mask is a very balanced fighter with a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. Last fight in his loss to Wall he took the fight to the ground a couple times, but once down there didn’t seem like he was quite sure what to do with himself. Hopefully tonight, he’s been given clear instructions and his team has worked on keeping him calm and focused on how to use his positioning and offense. The morale might prevent that though.

For Hill, an 0-2 record to start things out here at Sucker Punch was not the way he wanted to get things kicked off. However, he bounced back last fight with a big win over Bomb Squad Lighting Hands and is back tonight gassed up, a look of intensity in the eyes and ready to go after win number two! He’s a strong stand-up fighter with superb boxing and Muay Thai, and while he’ll use the feet while standing expect the majority of his shots to come from his hands. He has some grappling skills, but one has to think he’ll want this fight to remain on the feet.

Donkey’s Pick: Hill via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going to expect Mask to have some issues getting the fight to the ground due to the morale issue, and even if it does go there, perhaps to lack the focus and desire to finish things off. He also needs to prove that once he’s down there he’s got a plan for what to do with himself, which seemed to be lacking in the first fight. Hill has a strong striking game, and if he can repel the takedowns early should get his fair number of chances to finish this!

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweights

Angenor De Oliveira (3-4-0) vs. Edward Mills (2-3-0)

Well Donkey, Mills is going to be pretty disappointed with this one. No, not the result…not at all, because he’s almost guaranteed a win here. But because I’m probably not going to spend much time on the preview for this fight.

De Oliveira comes into this fight with almost zero chance of success this evening. He has no morale, and almost no energy, less than 10%. That is an absolute, 99.9%, guaranteed loss! His manager hasn’t been around in the past eleven days, and I think it’s probably safe to say he may not be back. De Oliveira came into his last fight against Jacques Piaget almost as badly prepared, so it’s not as if we can blame the manager’s absence for it, it’s just a lack of attention for him. A shame as he started his career 2-0 but is now 3-4, likely 3-5 after tonight. If he can win, it’ll be via submission with his purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but I don’t see that happening.

Mills needs a win after losses to Ganevski and Sean Smith over the past two months. So tonight’s bout with De Oliveira is just what the doctor ordered to cure what ails him. He’s a standup fighter who just comes at you, not a lot of thinking going on with this one’s approach. We’ve heard through the gravevine, and I think Suzy will confirm this in a bit, that if Mills can’t pull off this win, well, then his manager basically has no hope for him! Wow. Tough love there, but hey, it’s probably pretty darn on point!

Donkey’s Pick: Mills via TKO (Strikes)

Mills won’t lose, and if he does, well, then yes he probably does need to be let go. And I’ll be honest…the poor kid is way behind his peers in development at this point. So that might be a conversation he and his manager are having regardless. De Oliveira will find himself unemployed after tonight, just to clarify in case you were having any trouble reading between the lines up there as Hare discussed things. Win or lose, it won’t matter.

Suzy went down to speak with Kyle F, manager for both Edward Mills and Rick Hatton today while he had them at the hotel gym stretching out…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Hey K.F., how are things? Good to see you and you must be excited to have both kids going on the card tonight. How do you feel looking at the matchups for the evening?

Kyle F: I'd say for Hatton and Mills these fights are do or die tonight. If Mills can't win he may be bagging groceries.

Suzy Sucker Punch: That seems brutally honest…ouch. But, Mills has his marching orders, that’s for sure. Donkey and Hare both seem pretty confident that he’s going to pull through tonight though! Now…about Hatton…but we’ll head down to his fight in a bit here to discuss further…

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Thor Nordquist (3-2-0) vs. Brian Mcclean (2-2-0)

Donkey, remember that promise I made earlier in the first fight preview to not lose my shit? Well, I think I may not be able to keep that promise tonight! Because frankly this is ridiculous. Three fights, and we’ve now had three guys just come to the table not ready to go. And not just off by a bit, two of them are badly unprepared.

In this case, it’s Mcclean! And again, just as with some of the other guys, it’s not a one-time thing, these guys are repeat offenders and if you look at the other fighters under their manager’s umbrella you’ll notice two things they all have in common. First, almost all of their fighters have the same issues with morale and/or energy. Across the board. And second, they haven’t fared to well in the cage, with losing records across the board. Think those two things are unrelated? Nope, not a chance!

And yes, Mcclean will lose tonight to Nordquist. Nordquist should already have the thank you card written out and ready to hand to him as they enter the cage this evening! And yes, before Donkey claims he has to read between the lines for you guys, Mcclean will be unemployed tomorrow. Mcclean has wonderful wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, so his goal will be to come in and get a submission. If he can get it to the ground and if he has the energy and will to finish it. But he won’t unless he gets extremely lucky. And even if he does it won’t matter. He’ll still be gone tomorrow.

Nordquist is making his Sucker Punch debut tonight and he must be wondering if it’s always going to be this easy? No, it won’t be. Normally, hopefully, you’ll be up against an equitable opponent who is going to challenge you to game plan and come with your very best to get the win! So just enjoy this one, but don’t take your eye off the ball, you still have to win it! In his last fight, Nordquist literally knocked his opponent down and almost out on the first punch from the bell, then he dropped him for good with the second shot! Nordquist has strong wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but given his opponent’s skills tonight and his history from the fight before last, where he used the clinch, it seems like going to the ground is unlikely and he’ll likely try to abuse Mcclean with is boxing and Muay Thai this evening!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nordquist via KO (Punch)

As you said, Mcclean has almost no shot at winning tonight. Nordquist will take this win, add it to his collection to make it four, with a 4-2 overall record, and move on to his next true challenge next month! Here’s hoping for some fireworks and something that has the fans talking after this fight! We might as well get something worthwhile out of it, eh?

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Brendan Moker (2-4-0) vs. Sean Smith (2-0-0)

Holy crap Donkey!!! Hold me back man, hold me back! Did these guys see me literally cut SIX guys’ contracts from the org after the last event…and then get together before this one and say, hey, we can top that, here Hare, hold our beers!? Because seriously, they seem to want to see if they can top it! We already have at least three guys that I’m cutting after this event, Moker is pushing his luck given my mood now! The only saving grace for him is that this is not a repeat occurrence. That said, it’s never ok to come into a fight with BOTH your morale and your energy off!

Smith will likely appreciate that Moker is going to make his job at least a little bit easier this evening. He’s still going to have to stay on point and get the job done, but any advantage is an advantage! Smith is 2-0 so far in his career after dispatching Edward Mills last month here in Sucker Punch and before that scoring yet another KO victory against Chris Hopkins over in The Fighter House. The big one there was that first fight here at Sucker Punch though, as he won via a Superman Punch that had the entire place on their feet screaming and yelling in awe and excitement! Let’s make no mistake about it, this man doesn’t have much of a ground game, but…he has wonderful boxing and loves to use it!

Brendan Moker is also a standup fighter and brings the same boxing mentality to the table. Also without much of a ground game there is almost ZERO chance of this fight going to the ground tonight unless somebody gets knocked on their ass to get them there! Moker is going to have to find a way to overcome low morale to win this one, which means if he doesn’t come out with an aggressive approach and score early, this could and probably will get ugly for him.

Donkey’s Pick: Smith via KO (Punch)

I expect a big time finish in this one! And most likely it will be Smith who comes out on top, but stranger things can happen when you have two strikers prepared to go at it toe to toe! He’s going to need to stay focused as you said Hare, and get this thing taken care of! Hopefully, Moker’s lack of preparation is a one-off fluke and he comes ready to go next month.

Sean Smith saw Suzy in the hotel lobby as he returned from checking in at the venue this morning. He stopped over for a few words…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Sean, thanks for taking a few moments to stop over. From what we’re hearing, Moker may be slightly underprepared for the fight tonight, but not outrageously so. Given that that may or may not come into play for the fight tonight, do you feel you’re prepared to go out there and give it your best? What can Sucker Punch fans expect tonight?

Sean Smith: Brendan isn't on my level, period. I'm walking in there and I am knocking his ass out cold. This company, this profession is my life. That guy who doesn't take himself or his career seriously enough to be ready for this fight doesn't deserve to be in there with me. I train at the best gyms, I have the best supplements, I bust my ass day in and day out to be the best. You don't lose four fights in a row if you're trying hard. You don't get finished four fights in a row if you take this seriously. Brendan if you're seeing this heed my warning, you best be taking me seriously. You better recognize that I am the toughest opponent you've ever stepped in a cage with. I want success more than I want anything in this world. You stand between me and the future I want, the future I need. The Young Gun is coming!!

Suzy Sucker Punch: A clear message sent to Brendan Moker tonight with no candy-coating or beating around the bush, to be sure! Sean, good luck on following through on those promises tonight and we’ll see you soon!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Piney Winston (7-3-0) vs. Montesh Dominguez (0-2-0)

Mr. Main Event, or “Señor Maint Evento” as he’d prefer you call him, has yet to cement that status in his MMA career. However, he comes into this fight with Piney Winston under new management as he’s changed hands and camps since he debuted with us last month against Frank Carey. That debut was a loss, moving him to 0-2 in his career and now sees him with his third manager in as many fights! This poor guy just can’t seem to make it stick, but maybe this is lucky number three!

Piney Winston and his manager, Tom Davies, would like nothing more than to ruin that concept and keep Mr. Dominguez’s record displaying a nice big goose egg on the left side! After starting his career off with a QFC loss, Winston went on to run off six wins in a row, including two here in Sucker Punch during our Sorter Series tournament. He hit a bit of a rough spot though and fell to both Demi Achilles and Tua Graves, two very strong fighters before bouncing back last month against Corona Virus with a big submission victory via rear naked choke! When things are going well for Piney he’s able to utilize his proficient wrestling and brown belt in Jiu Jitsu to get you on the ground and sub you out, as he’s done all seven times he’s been successful in the cage.

For Dominguez, his task tonight is clear. Keep it off the ground and on the feet where he can utilize his superb boxing and sensational Muay Thai! The ground, bad. The feet, good. Just keep repeating that Mr. Main Event!

Donkey’s Pick: Winston via Submission (Kimura)

Your classic striker vs. grappler matchup here tonight in this one. Piney found his way back to the ground, and with it, back into the successful column last month. You have to figure he’s been working on whatever skills he felt were lacking during those two losses in between. Dominguez is a strong striker, and if he can land the right shot, this could be over long before it gets to the ground. Both come in ready to go, but I’m going to go with the guy who has shown he does know how to get the win…until Dominguez finally shows us also!

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

Kingston Wall (6-4-0) vs. Andre Powell (4-2-0)

Powell will come into this contest with his energy slightly off, but not badly so. Last month he walked in with a new manager in Aaron Work and won his fight with Brian Mcclean. This is after taking a loss to Callum Neenan while under Martin O’s management, with the rest of his fights prior being from before he joined Sucker Punch. He’d very much like to make his streak 2-0 under current management, but to do that he’s going to need to get the better of Kingston Wall! Powell has wonderful boxing but used the clinch for the majority of his fight with Mcclean. He was aggressive with strikes from the hands to both the head and body in wearing Mcclean down.

Wall has a similar record going over his last couple encounters in the cage, with a loss to Boris Balkan here in his first Sucker Punch debut fight but then a win last month over Demon Mask. Wall has wonderful boxing as well…and has shown a preference to use it…but it would be smart to be prepared to defend against a possible takedown and ground game just in case as Wall also has strong wrestling and a purple belt in BJJ.

Most likely, this fight stays on the feet and we get an absolutely hell of a brawl between these two as they go toe to toe, mano a mano!

Donkey’s Pick: Powell via TKO (Strikes)

This is a really tough fight to pick! Wall showed determined early in his career. Powell showed he was intelligent. None of that helps me with a pick much, unless it goes to the ground where the intelligence maybe helps Powell out? I dunno. This is really, really difficult to pick. Which means it’s an exciting fight! I’m going to go out on a limb here and go with the younger kid and say perhaps Powell pulls out a big surprise finish!

Main Card Bout #2: Lightweights

Raleigh St. Clair (5-2-0) vs. Corona Virus (2-3-0)

Corona Virus is slightly off on his morale and energy. Not awfully so, but probably enough that Donkey may use that as a decision maker, because, well, he likes to take the easy way out!

St. Clair is a well-rounded fighter with wonderful Muay Thai. He’s been with Sucker Punch going on his fourth fight now, with a 2-1 record coming into this one. Formerly named Two Two, his manager finally showed him enough love to think of him as more than a number and gave him a porn star name instead. A women’s porn star name at that! Well, I guess love is shown in a lot of different ways! St. Clair prefers to stand and box but will work the ground and pound if things move to the floor.

Virus started out on a rough streak here at Sucker Punch with two losses in a row, but bounced back with wins over Ko Artist and Conor Notorious. Via TKO and submission, so this man has range to his MMA skills! His last fight was a loss to Piney Winston who demonstrated what ground skills are really like though, as he has a brown belt in BJJ over Virus’ purple one.

These two are so well rounded and balanced, it’s very difficult to say where the fight may end up Donkey, and I sorta expect it to be all over the place!

Donkey’s Pick: St. Clair via TKO (Strikes)

You’re right, and this is another tough one to pick due to how even these two are in the skills and not having a clear preference for style! I am going to go with the difference maker being the slight lack of preparation for Virus though, as frankly, when it’s this close every little bit counts! But honestly, it’s not that big an advantage and this one is going to come down to manager strategy and a little bit of luck perhaps! A win for St. Clair could be huge here as 6-2 is nothing to be scoffed at! That would definitely give him the right to claim he belongs in the Top 5 and potentially even be due a shot to become Top Contender shot. For Virus, moving to 3-3 and evening up the record vs. going to 2-4 is definitely motivation to be sure he comes out on top!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

Rick Hatton (4-4-0) vs. Callum Neenan (4-1-0)

We’ve got ourselves a huge fight coming up next here Donkey! And thank god both of these kids are ready to rock with their energy set and hearts full! I was sick of the early fights testing my patience tonight, haha!

You DO NOT get more even than these two! Both of these fighters have wonderful boxing, mehhhh for Muay Thai, competent wrestling and a blue belt in BJJ. Right on the nose, carbon copies of each other here Donkey! Wait, kids these days don’t know what carbon copies are? Shit, there I go again, showing my age man! Haha!

Hatton had gone four fights in a row before finally dropping one to Sith Rebel last month, a loss that came not via a finish but due to a cut that the ref and doc didn’t care for. Cut are something that reared their ugly head early in Hatton’s career, but seemed to have disappeared until suddenly showing up brutally in that last fight. Hatton is a boxer by choice and tonight may very well get the chance to prove whether his striking skills are better than Neenan’s!

Neenan won his last three fights, two of them here at Sucker Punch. All via TKO and KO, with that KO coming against Bubba Henderson and gaining him a KO of the Night award and bonus! There’s no secret to his approach either…he and Hatton may very well square off, stare each other in the eyes, feel each other out for a bit…and then let em fly!

Donkey’s Pick: Neenan via TKO (Cut)

The third very difficult fight in a row to pick Hare! Dang! These fights are going to be crazy close tonight, and after a rough start to the evening in terms of preparation the top of the card is really going to bring it! This is a division that has a handful of top tier guys jostling for the championship and then the rest of the division on very even footing fighting it out to see who can work their way up into that Top 5. These two are right there, and frankly, this fight may determine which of these two can eventually break into the contender ranks. But…will they be ready for that pressure? The beasts at the top are no joke! Flip a coin here, these two are so closely matched! Neenan is heavy handed. Hatton has to worry about cuts. In a fight where they are probably going to pound on one another. If Hatton doesn’t finish this early, Neenan may very well either turn that around and finish it, or have it finished for Hatton by the docs again!

Continuing the conversation from earlier, Suzy was still with Kyle F, manager for Hatton and Mills…

Suzy Sucker Punch: So about Hatton, he’d been having a lot of success up until that last fight with Sith Rebel. That was an unfortunate way for a fight to end, and it’s not the first time from what our research tells us, I’ve seen some of the clips, the cuts were bad. Is it a concern tonight?

Kyle F: This fight for Hatton is so even and the test I've wanted for him. How will he handle a clone of himself. Does he have the heart and the confidence to win? He's got top training and management behind him win or loss he needs to perform. This needs to be a slobber knocker but if Hatton goes down easy or has the doctor get involved again the team will need to seriously look at his future. Either a move to 205 or an exit from mma. Do or die for these guys. I'm a top 100 manager and I need fighters who can step up and perform to that level. Hatton is flirting with being a top dog in the HW division...Prove you belong.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, as the guys said, this is an extremely tough contest, with both fighters seeming to come into this fight with comparable skills so it’s going to be about heart and following through on the fight plans. Good luck tonight and hopefully you’re smiling after the fight! Back to you guys!

Co-Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Rey Bargos (3-3-1) vs. Rudy Giuliani (6-5-0)

Donkey, we were set to put Bargos in a match with Verreira this month to determine Top Contender, but he preferred a bit more time to work on development and a few key skills. Instead, he’ll look across the cage at Guiliani, who faced Verreira but fell just short last month in his Sucker Punch debut.

Bargos has three wins in a row now, with big ones over Jubbly and Graves in the past two fights. He’s a hell of a striker with respectable boxing and exceptional Muay Thai, combined with strong wrestling. He does have a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but prefers to box…and box hard! That doesn’t mean you won’t see him switch it up on you at some point, and if you’re thinking of taking him to the ground…well, he’s proven he can defend the takedown against the likes of Jubbly, a very strong ground specialist.

As we mentioned, Giuliani made his debut with us last month and opened up with a tough fight against Vinicius Verreira. He’s on his third manager now, having fought with one while at Checkmate, another at BFC and now Matty Fernandez with us. Unfortunately, he comes into this fight less than prepared as his morale is about 30% low and his energy is off about 10%. Not ideal for what should be a very tough fight with Bargos, one he’d probably love to win but puts himself behind the eight ball with the lack of preparation. With remarkable boxing, exceptional Muay Thai and superb wrestling, he will keep this on the feet. His white belt in Jiu Jitsu will be enough to make him want to avoid the ground…so…

Will Bargos test him on the ground since he has the better ground skills? Or stick to what he does best and try to KO Giuliani, banking on the lack of prep to dampen his standup skills some?

Donkey’s Pick: Bargos via KO (Strikes)

Giuliani has been taken down via strikes previously and the lack of prep should have immediately told anybody reading this which direction I would pick. If Bargos follows through with a win here, the pressure will mount for him to take a shot at becoming Top Contender. But will he take the shot? We’ll see! For Giuliani, he needs to turn it around after this and come in prepared next time if he doesn’t pull this one out! A 4-4 record in MMA and some hype and pop can only carry you so far. Good preparation has to take care of the rest.

Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Demi Achilles (6-2-0) vs. Tua Graves (5-5-1)

Here we are Donkey, our Main Event of the evening and this one should be a great one! Graves does come in off just slightly in morale and a tiny bit in energy, but it shouldn’t be enough to be a big factor in this one.

Achilles fell to Bokov last month via strikes after being unable to both get to the ground effectively and then do much with it once there, which is extremely out of character for Achilles. Normally the move is pretty straightforward, get it to the ground and then brutalize you with vicious ground and pound! With proficient boxing and a brown belt in BJJ, he makes use of the combo with bad intentions!

Tua also loves the ground game, so expect to see these two rolling around on the mat tonight! The difference would be that while Achilles is all about the ground and pound, and therefore will need to be on top, Graves is willing to work a combination of strikes and submission attempts. His goal will be clear, get the top position to remove Achilles offense, but if he can’t, keep Achilles on guard with his sub attempts from the bottom and reverse if possible. With losses to both Bargos last month and Verreira a couple fights before that, Graves is a step or so away from putting his name back into play. But a win against Achilles would do wonders for that effort!

Donkey’s Pick: Graves via Submission (Triangle)

Achilles will definitely both want this on the ground, and want to establish top position. His entire fight revolves around that proposition. That may be somewhat limiting against another ground artist who can play the game from both sides. However, Achilles brown belt is a substantial consideration. At the same time, Graves does boast a more well rounded ground game with competent wrestling to compliment his purple belt. Do I sound like I’m going in circles here and being indecisive Hare? Well, that’s because I am! I think perhaps Graves’ flexibility of skills brings him through in this one…maybe.

Well there we go Donkey! A night where these guys seemed like they were really going to test my patience and see how ticked off they could get me with the first four fights, but in the end it looks like we’re going to have a hell of a string of fights for the final six bouts! This should be some electric stuff over at the Bondi this evening and I’m excited to be there with close to six thousand of our Sucker Punch Pro Series fans! See you all there, and we’ll be back at it to take a look at the action tomorrow…or the day after…depends upon how hung over I am Donkey!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 4

Co-Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Donkey, we were set to put Bargos in a match with Verreira this month to determine Top Contender, but he preferred a bit more time to work on development and a few key skills. Instead, he’ll look across the cage at Guiliani, who faced Verreira but fell just short last month in his Sucker Punch debut.

Bargos has three wins in a row now, with big ones over Jubbly and Graves in the past two fights. He’s a hell of a striker with respectable boxing and exceptional Muay Thai, combined with strong wrestling. He does have a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but prefers to box…and box hard! That doesn’t mean you won’t see him switch it up on you at some point, and if you’re thinking of taking him to the ground…well, he’s proven he can defend the takedown against the likes of Jubbly, a very strong ground specialist.

As we mentioned, Giuliani made his debut with us last month and opened up with a tough fight against Vinicius Verreira. He’s on his third manager now, having fought with one while at Checkmate, another at BFC and now Matty Fernandez with us. Unfortunately, he comes into this fight less than prepared as his morale is about 30% low and his energy is off about 10%. Not ideal for what should be a very tough fight with Bargos, one he’d probably love to win but puts himself behind the eight ball with the lack of preparation. With remarkable boxing, exceptional Muay Thai and superb wrestling, he will keep this on the feet. His white belt in Jiu Jitsu will be enough to make him want to avoid the ground…so…

Will Bargos test him on the ground since he has the better ground skills? Or stick to what he does best and try to KO Giuliani, banking on the lack of prep to dampen his standup skills some?

Giuliani has been taken down via strikes previously and the lack of prep should have immediately told anybody reading this which direction I would pick. If Bargos follows through with a win here, the pressure will mount for him to take a shot at becoming Top Contender. But will he take the shot? We’ll see! For Giuliani, he needs to turn it around after this and come in prepared next time if he doesn’t pull this one out! A 4-4 record in MMA and some hype and pop can only carry you so far. Good preparation has to take care of the rest.

Co-Main Event

Lightweight Bout

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15941417168385.png

RUDY GUILIANI

WELL,THAT PREDICTION DID NOT AGE WELL DID IT?

THANKS TO REY FOR GETTING SMASHED IN THAT FIGHT, IT'S MUCH APPRECIATED.AND MR. HARE,I WOULD LIKE THAT POST FIGHT BONUS AS WELL AS A SPOT IN THE UPCOMING UPDATED RANKINGS FOR SURE.

I WON'T BE OUT OF ACTION FOR LONG,HENCE LISTEN UP YOU LIGHTWEIGHTS, I'M COMING FOR YOU!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1602594742SPPS_Poster_16.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 16

Hello everybody! I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan”. Along with us today will be Suzy Sucker Punch, our amazingly fun and talented media correspondent. We’re going to jump right into this review today as it’s already been almost two days since the event, but that other place that pays me some cash moolah on the side has been wanting me to do actual work the past two days! The nerve of some people! Haha.

Anyways, let’s get to the good stuff right away here…and that’s a discussion of the name of this review! Notice that good ole “Cheap Shots” portion of the name up there? Well, let me tell you folks, read on if you enjoy those, because tonight, one fighter in particular took that to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! And yes, Donkey, I’m so damned proud of him, seriously! I almost want to ask his manager if I can be his god-father and all! Don’t look at me like that…you know what you’re getting when you come here to SUCKER PUNCH!

So enough of the teaser and time to move on, let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

And that sponsor and merchandise partner is none other than the outstanding Shadow Warrior Nutrition! You’ve heard it by now, but if you haven’t been listening then you truly are not doing everything you can for your fighters on a day to day basis as they train! Almost every fighter gets tired now and then from brutal training sessions. And sometimes, the only difference between having to sit them out for session or two, and keeping them in there getting the most out of that training is the right energy loss reduction supplement! Well, that’s what you’ll get with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q! So stop by and visit them today, grab some for your fighters and get them using it! You won’t be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Devin Hill Defeats Demon Mask via TKO (Strikes)

Well, Donkey starts the evening out with a notch in the left column for his picks, but that wasn’t really that difficult given what we knew about Mask’s preparation here.

Mask was desperate to get this fight to the ground, which we knew would be the strategy…but it wasn’t until the eleventh try about halfway through the first round that he was able to has success. That success was very short lived as Hill immediately escaped back to his feet with the help of the cage at his back and that was the last time Mask looked like he had any shot in this fight…for that one split second.

Outside that takedown, Mask had one missed punch to the body attempted in the fight while Hill dominated the standup and even got the better of things for a short time in the clinch. Finally about three and a half minutes in Hill was able to rock Mask, and then follow it up about a half minute later with this…

Hill drops Mask with a straight left! Oh this is bad for Mask! Hill dives in and starts dropping bombs - the referee has no choice but to step in and save him!

Donkey, about what you expected…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

From what I’m told it sounds like Mask is going to get one more shot after this to prove he deserves to stick around. But I do know that he better come prepared for the next fight or that opportunity will be right out the window. For Hill, a nice win that pulls him square at .500 with a 2-2 record, but more importantly, wins in both of his most recent fights! That’s definitely on the right track and we’ll be looking for big things from him next month once the fights for the Heavyweights get lined up.

Edward Mills Defeats Angenor De Oliveira via KO (Punch)

Mills walks into this one with an easy night lined up for him and not really something he had to think about very much. Which is good, because this kid isn’t the brightest on the block, but I’m told he is about one of the nicest guys you’ll meet…outside the cage that is!

With Oliveira completely and totally unprepared for this, the fight was more a formality than anything else. Think of it as just a goodbye ceremony for Oliveira, as he was cut from the org earlier this morning. Ok, ok, fine, you want more said? What’s there to say about a five second fight people! Here, this is the ENTIRE fight!...

The bell rings for round one and we are underway! Mills lands with an overhand left. De Oliveira looks exhausted already! Oh dear, he should have come in in better shape than this!

Are you kidding me?! Mills ducked down and unloaded an uppercut from hell that sent De Oliveira clean off his feet! Someone make me a GIF - that's knockout of the night for sure!

That’s it Donkey! All there is! You have anything else…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I don’t even really know what to say…I mean…you can’t be huffing and puffing just walking down the ramp to the cage, and if you are…well, it’s obviously not going to end well! Mills does what he’s supposed to do. Good boy!

Suzy had a chance to speak with Mills after the fight. Clearly…a great, charming, all-around nice guy…but not the brightest…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Guys, an expected win, but a win is a win and you guys came through big in that fight! What do you think led to your success and where do you go from here?

Edward Mills: Some call me block head Suzy! But also I block hands. When fight happens I use my block head and my block hands and I knock odders blocks of. I learn upper punch from street fightin game. Hiyuken! I hit da fighter with it. He don’t get up. What you think Suzy. I do good job? You like? I know da donkey like hahaha! For next fighting I want old fighter who lay on me in first fight. He bore crowd he make me look lazy I fight him. What you say Suzy? You tell donkey and Hare day make fight again for me. Now we friends right Suzy?

Suzy Sucker Punch: Uhhh, yeah…um, of course…

Kyle F: Uh, sorry about that Suzy. What blockhead means is he would like a rematch against his first opponent in SP. I’m happy the blockhead, er....blockhand got this win quickly against an unprepared fighter. If Mills can keep winning we will keep trying to train him.

Brian Mcclean Defeats Thor Nordquist via Submission (Arm Triangle)

Well Donkey…I know who’s most disappointed in this next fight. Honestly, I thought that person was going to be me, given it was our third in a row with somebody not prepared, in this case…Brian Mcclean. But…wow…no, the disappointment has to bit sitting squarely at the feet of Thor Nordquist who somehow took what should have been a walk in the park fight and turned it into a big, fat “L”. I’m a bit shocked honestly Donkey!

Mcclean somehow managed to get the takedown early in this fight and then managed to dominated the majority of it by keeping it on the ground and putting Nordquist on the defensive as he worked for submissions. He didn’t get one in the first, but clearly the round was his. Then the second round came, and that’s when the mistake really happened. I know Nordquist has strong wrestling and a purple belt, but on the ground was about the only area Mcclean had a chance in this fight. And he took it there for him rather than choosing to stand and fight! Oh my. That gave Nordquist a chance at a couple sub attempts, but, worse, it gave Mcclean the same, and finally he was able to land one with a triangle that let him snatch victory in a fight he had no business even being in! Just…wow!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I don’t know what to say either Hare. I mean, Nordquist is a 357k ID fighter, so you’d expect he’d have a strong foundation to the approach he wants to bring to the cage by now. He showed confident in his early fights, but you certainly wouldn’t have guessed it in this one. Mcclean’s fate didn’t change with the result of this fight. He…and his other gym mates…have come into fights unprepared too many times. Needless to say, Hare let him go this morning.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Sean Smith Defeats Brendan Moker via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, Moker’s another one who has just struggled to be able to put his best foot forward. And unfortunately for him, it’s not his fault. He just has management who doesn’t seem to want to do the things that are needed to give him the best shot. We were tempted to continue giving Moker shots, but instead I had one of our interns go investigate the gym where he works out and talk with the other guys in his manager’s stable. Turns out that to a man, they’re almost all in a funk, low on morale, basically there’s just no energy over there...and Donkey…My GOD! The Smell! The intern who went over asked if he could take the rest of the day off after being over at the gym…apparently it absolutely reeks from these guys running around wearing the same clothes they’ve been wearing for years! I mean, our intern asked one of the kids that was doing a bit of mopping over in the corner, and he said that they don’t even bother to send the laundry out to be cleaned…they just hang it up out back on a line and that’s it! So…no surprise, Moker is gone after this loss the other night, but it’s really not his fault man!

That said, give Moker some credit. Despite everything going against him, he came in and pushed this fight into the third round against Sean Smith who was determined to come in and make a statement and a point about this fight! That’s kinda incredible actually if I’m being honest! In the right hands, this kid coulda been something Donkey.

So Donkey, what about it...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

This fight was all about the clinch, with Smith taking it there every chance he got to work his Muay Thai and Moker trying to get back out of it each time. Moker didn’t really put up a ton of fight in this one, but what do you expect given the circumstances…and as such he was taking a pounding in there in the clinch! But again, he took that beating, and stuck around for quite a bit! Kudos to Moker…or a question on Smith’s ability to finish? Maybe a little of both? Smith does go to 3-0 though, and it’s going to be time to really see what he’s made of next month I think!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Piney Winston Defeats Montesh Dominguez via Submission (Kimura)

Donkey, you seriously called the Kimura on this one?!? Really? Dammmmn man! I’m sure Mr. Main Event didn’t appreciate that though! But, at least he’s now “Mr. Recipient of the Submission of the Night” now! That’s catchy, isn’t it? No? There’s no pleasing you Donkey!

This one almost made it to the bell to end the first round for Dominguez. Almost. But not quite. Dominguez was doing well early in this fight. He got it into the clinch and from there was working the head and body…a lot of the body. Both with body shots from the hands and knees. It was looking good, and he was following our queues when we told him, “Feet good, ground bad!”

Winston managed to trip him up once about ninety seconds in, but Dominguez did a great job getting back to the feet with the help of the cage. But, not to be denied, Winston got the takedown again once they were standing and this time drove through to land in side control. Then the work began to get position…eventually leading to two sub attempts, the first an armbar that couldn’t be locked in, but then shortly after the kimura which got the job done!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Winston really is a tough customer if he can get you onto the ground. With this win he’s moved to 8-3 with two wins in a row and two losses before that against key folks in the division. But it’s hard to deny the momentum he’s got going again! He’s going to have a huge, and I mean, HUGE matchup with Raleigh St. Clair next month. If he wins that, I’m being told that he’s going to get a shot to fight for Top Contender status. This is a tight division, and a lot of guys are starting to position themselves, but many are still sorting themselves out. With a win, he’s looking at a fight possibly with Demi Achilles, should Achilles win over Virus or possibly Francois Oosthhuizen if he continues to win. If those don’t happen, it might be Conor Aldo or the winner of Furioto/Jubbly! Can you tell how stacked this division is with up and comers?!? Either way, there is some great stuff coming in this division!

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

Kingston Wall Defeats Andre Powell via TKO (Strikes)

We knew these two were likely to come out and trade shots, go toe to toe and see who could out strike the other! It didn’t last nearly as long as we thought it would, but it definitely ended the WAY we thought it would! With a big shot…or two.

At first it looked like this one might end up being a long fight, with them taking a couple swings and pawing at each other with jabs, almost feeling each other out. But…you can’t have strikers that are this talented and accomplished out there, have an opportunity present itself, and think that it’s not going to be capitalized on!

Wall managed to land a nice cross right after a stiff right…and it cut Powell. That cut cause just a moment of distraction for Powell, and boy, did he pay for it…

It looks like Andre Powell has been cut and Wall counters with a massive uppercut that badly hurts Powell! He's just covering up as Wall starts to tee off till the referee steps in and stops the fight!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A big statement win for Wall who moves to 7-4 and tacks on his second win in a row! Next month will be a big one for these guys who are carrying the bottom half of the Top 10…with big time opportunities to start separating themselves from the pack! Right now there’s a grouping of Wall, Neenan, Hill, Egomi, Rebel, Balls and White who are all jostling for position! This is going to be outstanding watching to see who can emerge as a future Top Contender! For Powell, a disappointing loss after being picked by Donkey to win. But, a win next month can get him moving right back up that ladder!

Main Card Bout #2: Lightweights

Raleigh St. Clair Defeats Corona Virus via TKO (Strikes)

Our next fight lasted longer than the last one…but not a whole lot longer! We weren’t sure where this fight would go, whether it would stay on the feet or end up on the ground…but these two basically came out and went at it right away with the hands, then moved in close to slow dance the rest of the way!

Virus was giving it a go with a few shots towards the head and a couple combos early, but nothing was landing for him and St. Clair was demonstrating some great strike defense. More stand-offish when they were boxing, landing only one head shot, St. Clair soon took it into the clinch where he felt a bit more comfortable getting to work! This was a bit different from his normal moves when he would stand and box the majority of the time given the choice, but may be reflective of his respect for Virus’ boxing. In the clinch, the head shots started pouring on with only a solo shot to the body and it was only a matter of time with St. Clair landing two-thirds of his shots, most with something behind them! He rocked Virus at the ninety second mark and then…

St. Clair lands on the inside with an uppercut. St. Clair lands a big right hand that drops Virus! The killer instinct kicks in and St. Clair finishes his opponent with a series of strikes from mount. A dominating finish by St. Clair!

Donkey, good one…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Another great fight tonight, and a dominating performance for St. Clair as he puts himself squarely into the second tier group that are bunched up and all vying for position as they figure out who among them is destined to be a future Top Contender! At 6-2, he’s making more than a strong case for himself and his fight next month with Piney Winston is going to be big time stuff, as we discussed earlier! For Virus, a disappointing result and dropping to 2-4 with losses back to back to both Winston and St. Clair will obviously push him down below that group that he really wants to be involved with. However, a good bounce back win next month against Demi Achilles could easily prove that he needs to be looked at as a strong candidate to push back into that group!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

Callum Neenan Defeats Rick Hatton via TKO (Cut)

Wow, well, you never want to make a call like you did Donkey…but, sometimes you just have that feel that the situation is ripe for it and you have to call it like you see it. Sure enough, you made the call for the stoppage via cuts, knowing full well the history with Hatton as well as the type of fight he was about to go into the other night. You had this one pegged, and the nasty result was just that, a stoppage by combo of the mean ole ref and doc!

To be fair, the cut was brutal. The last two fights of the night certainly knew that some serious business was being dealt out earlier in the evening. Either that, or a slasher film was made on premises before they came out! This was expected to be a fight where these two let the hands fly. That’s what we got, and about twenty seconds into this one Neenan tagged Hatton nicely and the blood started to flow.

Now…before we get any further along here…I have to let everybody know…the fight itself was great. The cut was nasty. The boxing was top notch…but…THIS IS SUCKER PUNCH BABY!!!...and I cannot begin to tell you how much this fight has probably made my list of top fights of the YEAR! Why…well…here’s part of the reason why, at just about two minutes and ten seconds into the first…

Hatton lands a jab. Then a cross. Then finally a nice hook to the body. Good work there by Hatton. Fantastic stuff here - a very entertaining period of action, which has drawn cheers from the crowd.

Oooooooooooh, not good. A low kick from Neenan lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked him in the penis. He's injured, injured bad. The referee sends both fighters to their corners and Hatton has 5 minutes to recover. He's OK now though... a thumbs up from Hatton and we're back underway with a touch of gloves.

That’s right, Hatton finally got something going there, and for his effort Neenan gave him a good ole shot to the dingle dangle!!! That’s one way you stop the ole “Mo” from developing for the other guy! I’m not proud of being a fan of that sort of thing Donkey, but this is Sucker Punch, as I said… *whispers…I really am proud Donkey!*

From there things seemed to settle down, the cut started to become lost in the back of the mind and these two were boxing it out…until the just before the fourth minute was up…and then…yep…here we go!...

Oooooooooooh, not again! Not good. Another low kick from Neenan lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked right in his damned already injured penis! Again! He's injured, injured bad. The referee sends both fighters back to their corners and Hatton has another 5 minutes to recover. He seems OK now though, surprisingly... a thumbs up from Hatton and we're back underway with a touch of gloves.

Hatton takes a shot right to the bread basket.

I ain’t gonna lie Donkey…the play by play guy said “a thumbs up from Hatton” again there, but this time anybody who was in the arena watching this live knows damned well that it was NOT his thumb that was up that time!

Shortly after that the cut got worse after an overhand left from Neenan…and then much worse with a jab to the eye just before the end of the round. We knew as they were looking at that cut in his corner between rounds that it could be ugly and perhaps not make it through the fight, so Hatton needed to finish this thing to have a shot!

Hatton came out in the second and tried to walk that fine line between being aggressive, as he needed to be to have a shot at winning, yet not easily letting that cut get worse by taking unnecessary shot. Neenan wasn’t cooperating, as he seemed to literally smell blood in the…well, there was no water Donkey, but there was certainly blood! Just after the minute mark, with Hatton making a play with a nice combo that landed…and starting to look like he might be getting his groove on…

*KNOCKDOWN* Neenan lands a big uppercut and Hatton crumbles to the floor! The ref thinks about stopping the fight but Hatton looks OK. Neenan waves Hatton back to his feet! The referee calls the doctor in to look at Rick Hatton's cut. Oh no, the doctor has called an end to the bout!

Here’s the thing, it’s easy to say that according to the fight stats Neenan was winning this fight regardless. But Hatton is a hard hitter, and when you have two serious strikers going at it, the fight stats don’t mean a lot unless it goes to the judges without a finish. So you have to figure as long as they were both standing, both fighters were fully in this fight still. So yes, to have it go to a ref and doc stoppage sucks.

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, Suzy got hold of Hatton after the fight and you could just see it in his eyes that he knew that may have been his last fight. And it’s a shame, this kid had a ton of potential and all the right stuff, except…well, his physiology just didn’t agree with the fight life man! Easy to cut, he’s probably better off pursuing other ventures. Although who knows, this kid may get the itch and get picked up by another manager who convinces him that they can work around this issue, find ways to hide it. But…well, we’ll let you hear it from them with Suzy. For Neenan, this was a huge fight that puts him at 5-1 overall and 3-0 here at Sucker Punch. A great job so far and we’re about to find out if he’s truly ready to step up to the big boys in the division or not! And with this being the Heavyweights, I mean big boys in more than one way Hare!

Suzy was able to follow-up with Kyle F, manager for Hatton, yet again after speaking with him earlier along with Edward Mills…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Rick, we talked a bit about the history of cuts before the fight in the preview. You, Donkey, and I think most knew it was always a nasty thing that could raise its head in any given fight. And it has more than a couple times. Outside the cuts, you really seem to have something special when it comes to fighting. Does the situation change things for you though?

Rick Hatton: Hi Suzy. Hats off to my opponent. Before this fight the team and I talked a lot about the injury bug. I’ve never been stopped by another fighter. But after so much damage from cuts and 5 stoppages from cuts it’s time for me to hang up the gloves to avoid future injury. Thanks everyone it’s been fun.

Kyle F: It’s been great training Hatton and the team is sad to see him go. That said the cuts have been too much. We commend Hatton on all his efforts on trying to keep fighting and for have lots of entertaining fights. We hope our new heavy weight to SP Lanola can shake up the scene and pick up where Hatton left off.

Co-Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Rudy Giuliani Defeats Rey Bargos via KO (Punches)

Oooh! This next one in our Co-Main Event of the evening! And spoiler, gonna tell you right now that I heard Giuliani afterward with Suzy, and he certainly had a thing or two to say about your prediction Donkey! One thing I do know about this fight, he showed YOU who would win via a KO from punches or strikes! And…another spoiler folks, it wasn’t the much vaunted Bargos who came out on top in the end!

Bargoes was intent upon taking this fight into the clinch so these two could slow dance and get to know each other really well! At least, I think that was the reason…maybe not? Anyways, he got it there alright, although Giuliani wasn’t cooperating with staying there too well. When in the clinch, Bargos was doing well, getting his shots in to the head and body, even working some elbows and an occasional knee in there. But Giuliani is a serious bull man, I mean, this dude takes it and keeps going! Inside the clinch, he was getting his fair share of shots in as well, especially the nasty head shots that were getting to Bargos and drunkin’ him up a bit.

Outside, when he could escape the clinch again, Giuliani wasn’t landing a ton of shots, but the ones he did get through were often combos that did their damage! We almost got to the bell after two when Giuliani broke the clinch again and got a nice jab-hook combo in…and then, with Bargos reeling from the hook…came in with the finishing touches…

Bargos is rocked! Giuliani lands with a precision combination! Left, right, uppercut and Bargos falls flat on his face, eyes wide open but he's out!

Donkey, what else have you got…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Giuliani proved that he’s nobody’s stepping stone with this fight! Yes, I underestimated him and boy, did he come out with a fire to prove me wrong! Sorry Bargos! My bad. Don’t get me wrong, Bargos was doing well in this fight, his clinch game was getting there when he needed it to and his conditioning must be phenomenal given how much he had to work to get into that clinch over and over, yet he never looked winded. But…those shots of Giuliani’s have to be carrying quite a load behind them, there weren’t a ton of them, but damn, did they do the damage! For Giuliani, going to 5-4 in MMA, pulling away from .500 and getting his first win in for his new manager are all big steps on the right path. Bargos will go back to the drawing board and try to re-establish his momentum in the division, as this is definitely a step back with a prior loss to the current champion and now a loss to Giuliani that places him further back in line than he was hoping to be.

Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Demi Achilles Defeats Tua Graves via KO (Punch)

Phew, and finally, our Main Event of the evening Donkey! Man, I’m already worn out from all the big action earlier on this card, but we have another fun one here!

This fight will be pretty easy to describe. We thought Achilles would want to get onto the ground and specifically be in top position. Graves didn’t want to play that game and needed to be on top as well, and made sure that he got the takedowns he wanted early in both rounds one and two! Once down there, Graves surprised us with a little ground and pound, of which we expected a lot, and mixed in the sub attempts. Achilles, left on his back for much of the two rounds, let the sub attempts fly and was doing his best to catch Graves in whatever offered itself. Neither could finish…and this thing was a chess match for two rounds on the ground!

The third round came with Achilles having scored enough in both prior rounds to have a considerable lead with the judges. Graves was back at it to start the round, attempting a takedown, then another, and a couple more, with Achilles able to repel a now more fatigued Graves at this point. In between every other takedown, Achilles was also able to tag him nicely for his effort with a nice counter shot, a jab here, a straight right there, all taking their toll! We all know Achilles can throw a shot, and Graves finally learned it as well in the worst way possible, getting rocked but a very nice right…and then, as he was only half with it…

Graves is rocked! Achilles weaves into range and cracks Graves right on the temple with a beautiful overhand right! Graves goes down! He's out cold! Wow, what a beautiful knockout! Achilles is strutting round the canvas like a movie star as the camera bulbs flash frantically.

Well Donkey, how about our Main Event…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, first, a big win for Achilles. A huge win. And he just keeps on rolling at 7-2 now and having moved on from his loss last month to Bokov, clearly able to forget the past and focus on the future! And the future looks bright! He’ll have a huge fight with Corona Virus next month…no, not the actual virus, it’s a dude…and if he can win that one, he’s in position for a Top Contender contest with the winner of Winston/St. Clair to see who gets to take on the champ in January! But, first he has to focus on Virus! Now, to address what I heard…yeah, I heard him down there with the mic in the cage…calling me out! Yep, I chose Graves in this one, and you proved me wrong young man, good on you! For Graves, a tough loss and having lost to Achilles, Bargos and Verreira in his past four fights, with a win over Winston in between, he’s going to be looking at what he needs to do to find consistency if he wants to play with the big boys in the division. A step back for now might be just what he needs to gather himself and come back with his confidence on high! We’ll see what he can do up against youngster Montesh Dominguez next month.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Guys, Donkey just mentioned it…Achilles definitely had something to say after winning that fight! I was right there with the announcer as he yelled into the mic…

Post fight, an emotional Demi Achilles said: I can't believe Donkey chose him over me. This guy don't belong in my league!! I'm coming for that Belt!!! Wooooooohhhh!!

Was that insane the other night at Sucker Punch Pro Series 16 or what Donkey?!? I mean, the cheap shots were flowing…at least from Neenan they were…and the action was wild! So proud of our fighters and managers for bringing it big time, and boy, it just makes you even more anxious for the next big card doesn’t it? Well, that one comes this weekend, in just a day, so get there, it’s a HUGE one coming this weekend!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 4

Destin’s Title Fight Spotlight

Sucker Punch Pro Series 17 - Welterweight Edition

Frankie Logan vs. Valery Bokov:

Hey there fighters; welcome to the second ever rendition of our title fight interview series here at Sucker Punch! My name is Destin, and I’m your host. Tonight at SPPS 17, we have TWO title fights on our card! In our Co-Main Event tonight, Valery Bokov (4-2) is challenging Frankie Logan (5-1) for the 155lb belt. Then for our Main Event of the evening, Wilfred Ainsworth is challenging Wanderson Machado for the 185lb belt - and his “highest ranked SPPS fighter” title! Without further ado, please welcome Frankie and Valery to this press conference! *Applause from the crowd*

Destin: Hey guys. Thanks for showing up tonight. Our fans are excited for your title fight tonight, and to hear what you have to say about it in this press conference.

Frankie; congrats on defending the 155lb belt in your last fight! They say you aren't a true champion until you've defended your title, and you did that in your last bout. Our fans are all expecting you to win tonight and remain champion. Do you feel any pressure when expectations for you are so high?

Logan: Well Destin, I have always said that winning a title is only the start. Staying there is what is hard. There are Sucker Punch champions that haven't even fought yet; I am well trained, I love to fight and anyone who gets in the cage with me is in for a very difficult fight. I am always ready and focused on what is needed.

Destin: It sounds like you’re ready to go tonight. Valery; congrats making your way to the 155lb championship here at Sucker Punch. Our fans are all expecting you to lose this fight. What do you have to say to your doubters and critics?

Bokov: I have nothing to say to them. Absolutely nothing. In my country, words don't mean anything apart from actions. Their expectations only put pressure on the champ. See how he dodged your question? You asked if he’s feeling pressure but he never answered that. He’s scared that he could lose his belt tonight.

Destin: Wow! Well, Frankie has a stellar wrestling background of 4-1 in TWGC, while you went 0-1 in the same competition. Ironically, Frankie hasn’t won by submission to this date, while 3 of your opponent's wins are by Sub. Why do you think this is?

Bokov: Awe man, I was so inexperienced back when I lost that grappling match. Since that day, I grapple with circus bear on daily basis. Russian Sambo rules, our bears are very well versed in this discipline. Don’t worry about my grappling ability.

Destin: Your thoughts Frankie?

Logan: My roots are in Muay Thai, but I needed to get my grappling game stronger for TWGC. I worked hard on my grappling and went from a white belt to a brown, winning my division. I prefer to stand and bang, honestly, the fans love it too. But make no mistake, when my career is over there will be plenty of submission wins on my record. I am a MMA fighter and I am happy to fight whatever fight I need to, and I’ll fight wherever this russian guy wants because I can beat him anywhere.

Destin: The only other fighter I’ve heard wrestle with bears is Khabib Nurmagomedov. It doesn’t concern you to hear that Valery trains like the legend himself?

Logan: Oh come on. Where’s the proof? I call bullshit.

Bokov: Come to mother Russia then and I will show you how to fight bear. Maybe then you will get your black belt.

Logan: Tell you what, if you beat me tonight I’ll book a flight to Moscow and I’ll watch you get mauled by a bear. Deal?

Bokov: Only you will be mauled tonight. I AM bear, and you are dinner. Your belt will be desert.

Destin: Alright guys, your title fight is the co-main event on tonight's card. Our highest ranked fighter, Wanderson Machado, stole the main event, where he will defend his 185lb belt. Do you feel disrespected at all that you weren't given your own main event; but instead, you're the Co-Main for a more popular fighter?

Logan: This is a business and we all know the highest pop/hype match up gets the main event. I have no problem with that. Machado has earned his spot. The 185lb division is a little more evolved than 155lb at the moment so higher combined matchups

are more likely. The great thing is with these 2 fight at the top of the card, it will likely be the biggest event in Sucker Punch history so far and that is good for everybody here.

Destin: Valery?

Bokov: I do not care about this. I am focused on fight tonight. Ask me question about this fight, not that one.

Destin: How do you guys think this fight will end?

Logan: Bokov will likely try and force a grappling fight, I think he will tire in a 5 round fight and I will finish him with a late KO/TKO.

Bokov: That’s big talk for stupid guy. Fight can go either way. Opponent is stupid but very dangerous. But I feel fairly confident I will beat him tonight.

Logan: We’re going to find out real soon bud.

Destin: Anything else you guys want to say before your fight?

Bokov: Good luck tonight. Come prepared and we will see who is the better man.

Logan: Good luck to you too. I am prepared. I always expect a tough fight, but I also expect I’ll beat you in every scenario in our match up tonight.

Everybody here in the crowd - Make sure you all get down there to watch the wars on tonight's card. You won’t regret it!

Destin: Alright everybody, that’ll do it for our Co-Main event! Please stick around as our Main Event fighters will be taking the stage shortly. Frankie, good luck defending your belt, and Valery, best of luck trying to take it from him!

• Upvote 2

Destin’s Title Fight Spotlight

Sucker Punch Pro Series 17 - Light Middleweight Edition

Machado vs. Ainsworth

Hey there fighters; welcome to the third rendition of our title fight interview series here at Sucker Punch! My name is Destin, and I’m your host. Tonight at SPPS 17, we have TWO title fights on our card! In our Co-Main Event tonight, Valery Bokov (4-2) is challenging Frankie Logan (5-1) for the 155lb belt. Then for our Main Event of the evening, Wilfred Ainsworth is challenging Wanderson Machado for the 185lb belt - and his “highest ranked SPPS fighter” title! Without further ado, please welcome Wilfred and Wanderson to this press conference! *Applause from the crowd*

Destin: Hey guys. Thanks for showing up tonight. Wanderson; typically I open these press conferences by congratulating the champion on earning their belt; but you've already defended yours twice. Being the highest ranked fighter in the entire organization, do you feel any pressure coming into this fight?

Machado: It’s good to be the king Destin. Gotta enjoy that. Cannot go around worrying about the 8th guy after you knocked the first 7 down. Know what I mean?

Destin: I know what you mean my friend. Enjoy it while it lasts! Wilfred; congratulations on earning your way to a title shot here at Sucker Punch. Given that your opponent Wanderson is the highest ranking fighter in our entire organization, do you feel any pressure coming into this fight?

Ainsworth: "hanks lad, happy to be at the top - it is an honour.

To be honest wiv ya, I don't feel any pressure comin in to dis’ fight. The Wanderson fight was offered to several bobs in this division before it bounced to me, but they were chicken and dodged the fight. I am the bridesmaid, essentially. However, to be offered a shot at takin’ down a legend in the makin’ is one I cannot run from. It will be a dynamic test, a win/win situation, but na mate - no pressure.

Destin: You guys are both coming into this fight undefeated. Wilfred 4-0, and Wanderson 7-0. What makes you guys think you’ll beat the undefeated

Ainsworth: Wanderson is undefeated too? Oh. Who cares? Have you not noticed I am undefeated too? Just because he has a couple of extra early victories over easy bums means nuffin. Everyone is beatable, Wanderson is no different aye. He has holes, I plan to expose em, but make no mistake this will be a war of millimetres."

Machado: Hah, this guy's confidence is funny. The last guy challenging me claimed a 5-0 record, but I made quick work of him. I don't think anything here; I KNOW.

Destin: I can feel the confidence oozing off of both of you guys! Wanderson, what's the next step for you in your career after this fight?

Machado: Maybe Donkey will pull some other undefeated fighter out of his hat, or a second belt... or maybe he will just find Hare in there. Regardless I'm taking this org to new levels, maybe a superfight against one of the big ones soon? Guess the rules could be an issue as we are not that picky on banned techniques around here. Haven't really discussed that, Mac keeps telling me to focus on my next fight first.

Destin: Cheap shots are definitely a concern here. You’ve always got to be on guard. Valery, If you were to become our 185 champion tonight, who would you like to fight next in defence of the belt?

Ainsworth: Well that’s a tricky question now ain't it. Cause’ it appears several losers in this weight class like to hide from challenges and duck those they think they can't beat. But, as a champion, you should bang on wif’ anyone that earns a shot right? So.. When I hold that belt up above my head tonight, line em all up. Ie'll knock em down one after another.

Destin: I know for a fact that Hare appreciates your willingness to fight anybody he throws your way! That’s the mark of a true fighter.

How do you guys predict this fight will end?

Machado: You mean, if they will call it a KO or a TKO? How would I know? I can tell you the “Out” part will be there. Opponent out is how I end my fights. Hear that Wilfred? You’re going to be out.

Ainsworth: Whatever you say mate. This is gonna be a war. 2 undefeated warriors, both fighters have ended every fight they have landed in by finish, that tells me one of us is goin’ for a sleep. This Wanderson chump is headed for a nana nap in round 3, that's my prediction.

Destin: Anything else you have to say to each other before the fight tonight?

Ainsworth: Bring everyfin’ bloke, cage it all up and unleash it when those doors slam shut. If I win this war, I want to win it against your best, so bare those teef and prepare for a battle to da deaf.

Machado: What a drama queen. See you later tonight.

Destin: Alright everybody, that’ll do it for our press conference! Thank you both again for showing up. Wanderson, good luck defending your belt, and Wilfred, best of luck trying to take it from him!

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1602810407SPPS_Poster_17.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 17

Hey everybody, I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and the incomparable Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent and we would very much like to welcome you to our look ahead at something very special tonight! Or at least, I truly believe it’s going to be special! What’s so special about it you ask? Well, first, we’ve already started slowly migrating towards moving from our beloved Bondi Outdoor Arena to the larger Schooners Bar for many of our upcoming events.

But, on top of that, two factors have come into play that made us move tonight’s great show to the 10,000 seat capacity “The Bridge” in Sydney! First, this card features not one, but TWO awesome title fights…Middleweight and Lightweight! And then, well, Schooners was stolen out from under us and unavailable…and we were NOT going to go smaller for this card! Because on top of the title events, the rest of the fights on this card are absolutely outstanding…truly, this is a card to be proud of and I would probably be shocked if this doesn’t turn into our highest rated event ever!

So what else does the action include? Well, the Hirst/Fuhren and Lannister/Piaget fights will definitely result in our next Top Contender being determined. The reason two fights are in play for this is because Fuhren just recently fought for the title so he’s not up for the Top Contender spot right away. However, a win for him would certainly cement his case that he should be right back I the mix within a fight or two! But, if Hirst wins, well, he’ll be fighting for the Middleweight title in November! If not, then Top Contender will likely be determined by the Lannister/Piaget fight!

The Marka/Vargas Welterweight fight is also another amazingly big fight on the card tonight! This fight will very likely lead to a Top Contender battle for the winner with the winner of the Reeves/Christiano fight later this month. Those two winners would go at it later in November and determine the next in line for a title fight in December!

Another fight that’s definitely not to be overlooked is the Haden/Shima fight in the Heavyweight division! This one normally wouldn’t be one that is quite ready to set up a Top Contender status given Haden recently fought in a title bout and Shima is taking his first fight in the division. But, this is a division with just a few guys clearly stacked at the top skill wise, and a large pack of very talented fighters just below that are working things out and getting ready to make runs up the ladder at a title shot. But, not quite there. So…you have to put somebody in line, and I’ll probably be making an exception while we continue to work things through in this division and the next Top Contender may come from this fight unless one of the pack below make a big time break for it with a breakout performance…and wants to step up to the current champ in November!

So enough with all that, clearly this is going to be hell of an exciting night! Lots on the line, tons of great fights and just a level of energy with this extremely large venue that we’ve only seen once or twice before! And never with a card this stacked to back it up! Donkey, I say let’s get moving along and hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to looking at each fight in more detail!

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes? If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement. It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Victor Ballsawash (3-3-0) vs. Tnt Winner (6-3-0)

Our first fight of the evening here Donkey, and you know what? Normally I’d probably let myself get a little upset and worked up over what we see. But not tonight Donkey, nope, not with that lead-in and build up for the evening! No, I refuse to let Tnt Winner bring me down by he and his manager’s lack of preparation for tonight. Yes, zero morale! Ooops, ok, well, then I think Donkey is probably going to say…a LOSS for you! Good luck…hope you can overcome the odds.

Winner had such a promising career laid out in front of him. Coming in to Sucker Punch, he was 4-1 in QFC fights and after a little hiccup where he had trouble adjusting to have to actually make weight, he went 2-0 to start his tenure here with us! Things were looking bright indeed! And then…his manager, Justin Jackson, seemed to lose interest. And not just in Winner, but his training partners in the stable all started to suffer as well, coming into fights unprepared, not getting their morale up, etc. And of course, the losses came with that. First to Rick Hatton for Winner…and then to James White last month. He gets a chance to bounce back this month and get a win against Ballsawash to try to get back on track, but with the morale being non-existent the chances of that are very slim. We’ll see if he can manage to get it to the ground and pull off a surprise upset anyway!

Miles Graves has Victor Ballsawash ready to go! His energy is up, he’s focused and confident, all the right things are in place! But, you don’t fight on paper and he still has to get the job done this evening! With three wins in a row now, the losses Ballsawash took upon first coming to Sucker Punch…three in a row…seem a distant memory! It’s hard to look back and worry about those when you’ve strung together a trio of victories, for sure! With a win tonight Ballsawash can set himself firmly within the second tier pack of talented Heavyweights who are all vying for position to work up to Contender status. If he wins tonight, he’s in line for another move up the rankings and a future contest against tougher competition, a chance to prove he’s around to win and win big!

Ballsawash has usually started things out on the feet, but eventually, either by his own doing or his opponents, ended up on the ground where he’s handled himself well with solid ground and pound. Tonight, he’ll want to avoid the ground against Winner…and prove he can do it on the feet alone if possible!

Donkey’s Pick: Ballsawash via TKO (Strikes)

There should be no surprise here with this pick. Winner is very unprepared with zero morale and therefore his chances of winning this fight are very, very small. As you mentioned Hare, Ballsawash is primed to make a big run and step up to the next level after most likely picking up his fourth win in a row tonight! Winner on the other hand…will likely be unemployed tomorrow.

Toth Orion (2-2-0) vs. Bill Sherman (3-1-0)

Alright, our second fight of the night and these Middleweights are set and ready to go out there and have a great one! And I’m ready for it too Donkey! I told everybody we were going to have some great fights tonight, and the fact that these two are our second of the evening, yet have a combined 5-3 record between them, shows the quality coming at us!

Toth won a big fight last month against Gancho Ganevski after having dropped his prior fight against Jacques Piaget. His win over Ganevski was via a fantastic KO that easily could have been KO of the Night on any other evening. Orion works a variety of angle during his fights, working in some kicks here and there along with shots to the body and combos, but primarily he comes back to his boxing, specifically with head shots. If taken down, he’s not afraid to let the fists fly there either, but again, standing up has been his preference.

Sherman is a Muay Thai artist who also has respectable wrestling and blue belt in BJJ. Previously managed by Mark Hunter, last month he came to the cage accompanied by new management in Dan Inacan. That fight didn’t end the way they’d hoped as he fell via submission to an extremely talented and tough as nails Tyrion Lannister. Tonight, he shouldn’t have to worry as much about somebody being a polar opposite in terms of approach like he did last time. Donkey, Sherman has an interesting approach in that he’ll get into the clinch if he can, naturally as a Muay Thai student, but outside the clinch he loves to let those feet of his fly! If you aren’t careful this kid will catch you with a nasty head kick that can end your night in the worst way…by being a new entrant on Sherman’s highlight reel!

Donkey’s Pick: Orion via TKO (Strikes)

This is a tough one this early in the evening…and I love it! The tough ones always mean that both guys are ready to go and the matchup is a very, very good one. With it this close, let’s go have a look at what these kids are hiding under the covers…Sherman showed that he has a high level of confidence from his early fights, while Orion showed a granite chin. That could mean that while Sherman has that KO ability with his feet, grabbing a finish in that manner over Orion tonight could be tough. So I’m figuring on Orion potentially getting the finish in this one, or it goes to the judges!

Lanuola Sefina (4-2-0) vs. Anton Meshkov (2-1-0)

Oh my Donkey, what a treat tonight, I just can’t stop raving about it! Our third of the evening with these two Heavyweights all ready to go, and again, a combined 5-3 record between them, both having a winning record in a 2:1 win:loss ratio! Very, very nice!

Meshkov comes to us after previously having been with Checkmate…and along with the change of promotion he also comes in with a change of management. Formerly managed by Timothy Christopher, he’s now guided by Kid Sunshine as they make their Sucker Punch debut together this evening! Welcome both! I notice something right away here Donkey…Meshkov is originally from Russia…but has been training out of Las Vegas lately, as that’s his base…but is currently in Sydney.

Now, some of our newer managers in the game may not be aware of this…and I had this conversation just yesterday with another manager, so it seems worth mentioning here again for anybody reading. The owner of this game, Mike Tycoon, turned off flight requirements for fights about a year ago. So…what that means is…you do not have to get your guy to the city he’s going to be fighting in! Nope, just leave him right where he is…he’ll magically just fight anyway when the time comes…no loss of $ for flying, no loss of energy or time…he’ll just take part in the contest and still be right where he was…Vegas in this case…without ever having to worry about a flight. So yeah folks, another thing to keep in mind, where you live in the world should have no bearing upon which org you choose to fight in…because you don’t have to worry about flights and the money for it. Any questions on this, just reach out to me!

Back to business here! Meshkov is a boxer but with a well-rounded toolset. He won his prior two fights via KO each, both in well under a minute in the first round. So tonight his opponent may want to be very wary of those nasty fists of Meshov’s! Meshkov also has a granite chin, so he can take a bit of punishment and put himself in harm’s way a bit for the opportunity to deal out those killer KO’s!

Across the cage tonight will be Lanuola Sefina, managed by Kyle F. Sefina is even more well-rounded and balanced than Meshkov, with superb boxing and wrestling, mediocre Muay Thai and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. Coming into Sucker Punch for his debut with us tonight as well, he formerly fought for GDL. He comes off two wins in a row over at GDL via decision and TKO. In his last fight, he was taken to the ground by his opponent…and then his foe immediately regretted it as Sefina was able to dish out some nasty GnP! In the fight prior Sefina showed he also doesn’t mind standing and boxing, but definitely seemed to have a preference to get it to the ground and again work the GnP, but also mix in a sub attempt here or there if the opportunity was there.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Meshkov via KO (Punch)

Kyle F is going to hate my pick here. But Meshkov has some nasty hands and until I see somebody take him deep into a round I have to respect the combination of power and chin! Sefina was dropped in two fights prior to his most recent pair of wins, both KO’s via Punches. So that little crack in the armor seems to play well with Meshkov’s strengths! We’ll see if I’m on the right track later tonight!

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

ZaDarius Haden (5-1-0) vs. Hero Shima (0-1-0)

Another Heavyweight contest this evening and boy, is this one HUGE with some serious implications potentially! Shima makes his debut with Sucker Punch tonight, while Haden comes off a loss where he was fighting Thoth Chontamenti as the challenger for the title! That fight resulted in his only loss to date and needless to say, he’s going to be looking for a huge comeback win. He’ll take that win at the expense of Hero Shima…if he can manage to pull it off! But, that will be no small task this evening!

Shima is managed by none other than my very own alliance-mate, Carlos Castenada. Carlos is a seasoned, experienced and highly successful manager who brings a ton of grit to the corner for the kids who fight for him! Shima’s fight tonight, outside an occasional test sparring bout with a fighter here or there, is the first true contest managed by Carlos here at Sucker Punch. Shima may not have much of a record at 0-1, but he comes in with a complete toolset and a very high skill rating, having spent time training at some of the best locales and under the best trainers in the world! So there’s a reason why this fight tonight may very well end up being a fight for Top Contender, as the rest of the division works out their respective positioning and prepares to climb the ladder and get in range of the skill needed to take down a champ!

Shima has exceptional boxing, sensational Muay Thai, superb wrestling and a purple belt. Phew! Yeah, that’s all. His one fight, again, a test one, was a loss back in January of this year. Frankly, that fight means nothing. But what we found out before the fight does…and that’s that Shima has a granite chin! Now, how he’ll approach this fight tonight is anybody’s guess…but we do know that with a granite chin and some serious skills, Haden is in for a tough match!

As for Haden, we know a lot more about him! Managed by Zeke Gunner, Haden brought his tough as nails mindset and approach to the table against Thoth Chontamenti but found that Thoth’s ground game was a serious thing, losing via submission just over halfway through the first round. Disappointing for sure, but not something that will hold Haden back for long! Haden has won in a variety of ways, from decision to submission to most frequently TKO or KO! If he can get you on the ground, you can get into serious trouble fast, as he loves to deliver a brutal ground and pound…it doesn’t take many strikes to finish the job when he gets you down there! He’ll also mix in a submission attempt if you aren’t careful, so you have to stay on your guard.

Donkey’s Pick: Haden via TKO (Strikes)

It feels strange to have to pick for or against your own alliance-mate Hare! So, to feel less biased, I’m going with Haden this evening! We know he has some seriously big shots he can deliver, and we have yet to learn much about Shima. But…I do know this…nobody works Carlos’ boys over on the ground…at least not typically. So be prepared for a battle if you go in that direction!

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweights

Luka Marka (4-1-0) vs. Sergio Vargas (3-5-0)

Alright Donkey! We finish up the Undercard here…and my god, I cannot believe I just said “Undercard” with the caliber fight we’re about to discuss…with a fight that has huge implications I the Welterweight division!

The winner of this fight is likely to face off against the winner of Reeves/Christiano, who fight on the 24th, for the opportunity to be Top Contender and get a title shot in December! How about that for a little pressure baby!!? Zeke Gunner is well represented as a manager on this card tonight, as once again he’ll be over by the cage, this time in Vargas’ corner. Vargas will have a slight boxing edge in this contest while his opponent, Marka, led by none other than J. W. Hardman, has the wrestling advantage.

With two losses coming into this fight, Vargas is getting a change of scenery as he moves from the BFC over to us for his first debut fight at Sucker Punch. The loss two back was via TKO to Leroy Jinx and then the last fight was a kneebar submission. But, if you’re going to go toe to toe with Vargas, you’re going to risk losing your head…as he has won all three of his victories via KO punches! He has exceptional boxing, and this man truly does love to do what he’s trained up in as most of his offense is in his hands while coming straight at you!

Marka has been on a roll in his career, with a win in HFC early on but then three wins and a single loss here at Sucker Punch! The only speedbump on his path through SPPS so far has been Kahdi Mandinos who bested Marka on the ground with a triangle submission. That was a risky prospect for Mandinos as well, given Marka is a ground and pound specialist who will make you pay if you aren’t extremely capable on the ground!

Donkey’s Pick: Marka via TKO (Strikes)

Marka has proven more than capable of getting the fight to the ground and working his way into a position to dish out the pain in the past. He was only bested by an extremely good grappler with heavy Jiu Jitsu skills and until somebody else can prove they can keep him on his feet and best him up there, I’m going to have to put my money on him continually! Now…could Vargas be the one to prove that Marka can be put down…and not in the way Marka wants? We’ll find out tonight. But Hare…I have a question here…Vargas used to fight for HFC prior to BFC. Hardman, Marka’s manager who will be down cageside tonight, runs HFC obviously. Did you do this on purpose to stir the pot?!? If so…kudos!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Hare, normally this is where I’m speaking with one of the managers involved in a fight or their fighters. But I just have to follow up on the point that Donkey made there. Vargas used to fight for HFC. We know this. We assume also that he was potentially cut during or after one of the mergers and maybe was “sent down” to BFC by Mr. Hardman. If that’s the case…this could turn into a quest for a little revenge tonight potentially. Let me ask you directly…did you do this on purpose?

Hare Rumpler: Suzy, Suzy, Suzy! I’m shocked and offended that you’d even suggest these things! Let me quote my favorite superhero here…and just say, “I don’t take the shits. I just disturb them!” Other than that, no comment!

Suzy Sucker Punch: That seems awfully suspicious. But in the interest of staying employed, I’m going to let this one go!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweights

Viktor Reznov (7-0-0) vs. Andy Hughes (4-2-0)

Just barely getting into the Main Card here Donkey and we have another insanely good fight about to happen! Middleweights Reznov and Hughes will face off tonight, and if not for Hughes coming in about 40% on his morale, this would be another absolutely ridiculous fight to get excited over! Still might be, quite frankly!

Hughes makes his Sucker Punch debut tonight after formerly being with WCF. He lost via submission in his very last fight…something that has been the cause of both losses on his record actually. With his tighty-whities still going on, clearly his manager, Andy Huge, needs to come up to speed on how to correct morale issues…and that’s by changing clothes to new ones repeatedly until the morale improves…or win your next fight…or a combination of both! But winning the next fight is always more difficult if you haven’t fixed the morale first!

Hughes is a Muay Thai fighter with proficient wrestling to back it up. His boxing and Jiu Jitsu just aren’t there yet, so we’ll find out if that hurts him or not tonight. The man who will want to take full advantage of those areas of weakness is Viktor Reznov! Reznov started his stay with Sucker Punch last month with a win over Brendan Moker, improving his perfect record to 7-0! Strictly a ground specialist with remarkable wrestling and a brown belt in BJJ, Reznov has had put very little focus on the standup portion of MMA yet in his career. Can Hughes keep the fight standing and take advantage of Reznov in the clinch?

Donkey’s Pick: Reznov via Submission (Armbar)

This is a great matchup given the extreme weaknesses in different areas for these two. But at the same time some excellent skills in the areas they have focused on! So this is going to come down to a question of a striker on the feet, and most likely specifically in the clinch, versus a ground specialist who can win via strikes or submissions while down there! When the skills are this close, and there are some clear areas of weakness…specifically in this case, the BJJ game for Hughes…combined with a shortness of morale…I have to go with Reznov!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

Nyah Hirst (4-0-0) vs. Psiris Fuhren (5-1-0)

I feel like a broken record here Donkey talking over and over about how huge these fights are tonight and the level of excitement that both I and the fans get out of them! But…it’s true!

This one is huge for the Middleweights in that it will determine if Hirst is Top Contender caliber yet or if Fuhren is going to stake his claim, stave off the youngster, and in the process position himself to move towards getting a chance to redeem himself as a Top Contender sooner rather than later! So a ton on the line with this fight, as Hirst strives to truly challenge himself and push himself further than ever, and Fuhren refuses to back down from anybody, no matter how young, talented and up and coming they may be!

And in going after Fuhren tonight, Hirst puts his perfect 4-0 record, carefully accumulated over the course of time as he has steadily risen up the ranks and taken on tougher and tougher competition, on the line! Likewise, Fuhren, who has only a single loss on his otherwise perfect record…and that was to the current champion…will either improve that record of 5-1 to an even more impressive 6-1…or…potentially watch it fall to 5-2 and have to work harder than ever to assert his dominance again going forward!

Hirst is a striker. There’s not a lot more that needs to be said. He has limited Jiu Jitsu skills and enough wrestling to defend himself on the ground. But his true passion is in his standup and boxing! He’ll try to go out there, lure Fuhren into a boxing match, and try to best him!

Fuhren likely won’t have an issue with this thing staying on the feet. His confidence in his standup abilities, as he has remarkable boxing, exceptional Muay Thai and respectable wrestling to compliment it, is unwavering. Even against the champ, he wasn’t beaten on the feet! So to think he’ll back down to the challenge that Hirst brings tonight is almost unthinkable.

Donkey’s Pick: Fuhren via Strikes (TKO)

Hirst is an extremely talented young fighter who knows what he wants and knows what he can handle. Normally. And he may still tonight. But, at the same time, he may have bitten off more than he can chew…and if he has, Fuhren is going to shove it even further down his throat! And make no mistake about it…Hirst wasn’t coerced into this fight. No, he asked for it…he wanted this challenge, and he wanted to see if he was Top Contender caliber! If he wins…he is! If not…well, he still has a bright future. Fuhren is out to prove that he’s not to be forgotten about after his loss to the champ. He will refuse to just fade into the background, instead, he’ll want to take on this young up and comer, and put him down with no remorse! And as such, rebuff the advances of the pack of hyenas nipping at his heels and thinking they may smell weakness!

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweights

Tyrion Lannister (9-2-0) vs. Jacques Piaget (4-2-0)

Oh yeah, Donkey!! Oh…Yeah!!! Now…if you think Hirst wants it all…a young Middleweight with an eye on the prize after the next two hops into glory…well…these two certainly are not sitting by and just letting it happen with nothing to say about it!

Lannister had a shot at the champion and missed it. After that, he was let go by former manager J. W. Hardman. Since, he’s been picked up by Dillo THE Manager and led to his first victory under his guidance last month, a submission win via guillotine over Bill Sherman. Of concern just a tad is that this fight tonight is a massive one for Lannister…it may dictate whether he gets a shot at the championship again soon…but yet he’s coming in with his morale just a bit off, about 15-20%. No, that’s not the end of the world, but it’s definitely not the “best foot forward” either.

Lannister is a submission artist plain and simple. This fight will need to go to the ground for him to have success tonight. Jacques Piaget is going to want to have NOTHING to do with that ground nonsense! Piaget is a white belt in BJJ, so the ground game, despite his mediocre wrestling, is not something he wants to toy with, especially against an accomplished ground specialist like Lannister. And that’s what may make the morale thing for Lannister a HUGE issue, as opposed to just a small one potentially. If Lannister fails to get this fight to the ground, Piaget’s skills in standup are going to dominate. And that lack of confidence and focus from the morale might just cause some issues getting the fight to the ground. Piaget will hope for just that.

Piaget has knocked opponents out with vicious head kicks not once, not twice…but three friggin’ times so far in his young career! Yes, THREE of his four wins are via Head Kick KO! WOW! Oh, and that other fight that he won via TKO? Yeah, he knocked Toth Orion on his ass THREE TIMES in that fight via head kicks before Piaget finally finished it with a monstrous uppercut. So the head kicks were in play in that one too, in a disastrous way for Orion!

Donkey’s Pick: Piaget via KO (Head Kick)

Well hell, I’ll just roll with it and say this one ends via Head Kick KO, because…well…that’s fun! That and the morale thing bothers me, even though it’s not a ton low, but it still bothers me. It just shows a lack of focus on the fight. Now…that said…Piaget has given up his only two losses via submission…and that’s exactly what Lannister is going to try to do tonight. So…he better end this before it gets to the ground or Lannister is walking out of this with a win!

Co-Main Event

Lightweight Championship Bout

Frankie Logan (5-1-0) vs. Valery Bokov (4-2-0)

Main Event time Donkey! First our Co-Main Event, an awesome fight for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Title of the World! God that’s fun to say! Frankie Logan! Valery Bokov!!! My god, this is going to be fun! I’ll tell you what though Donkey…I’m just going to touch on basics here, because these two…were featured in a Title Fight Spotlight with Destin just earlier today! Awesomeness right there let me tell you! So this fight is already hyped, and there’s not much more I can do to get you there…either you already can’t wait for this…or I can’t help you!

Frankie Logan has three belts that he enjoys carrying around…two from the TWGC tournaments and our very own Lightweight Championship! He won the belt two fights back against an extremely skilled Vinicius Verreira in the Sorter Series tournament and has since defended it successfully against challenger Frank Diaz last month! And his fights are always exciting…he’s won Fight of the Night four times…for damn good reasons! Will it be five after tonight? That’s a tall order given the quality of fights on the card tonight, but I’ll bet he’ll give it everything.

Logan will punch you, he’ll kick you…hell, I’m pretty sure he’ll even bite you if that’s what it takes! But the one thing he will not do is give up! Tonight, Valery Bokov will try to change that! Bokov has won his last three against top competitors such as Demi Achilles, Frank Carey and Mike Snot! Those are not names to sneeze at…no pun intended about the snot! Oh, wait, yeah, it was intended, I lie. Anyways, Bokov historically has really gone after the ground game and will sub you out before you know what happened if you don’t pay attention. He’s not afraid to throw a punch when standing, but that’s usually not his thing. Now, that said, last fight he changed things up entirely on us and used a heavy clinch approach, which worked to perfection! So…will he try that again against a guy who loves to bang…or, will he try to do what nobody else has ever been able to do…and make Frankie Logan tap out?!? I can’t wait to find out!

Donkey’s Pick: Bokov via Submission (Guillotine)

Frankie is everything you want in a champ…he’s obsessive…he’s driven…and there’s nothing he won’t do to be successful and come through. Which is why I find it unbelievable that I’m actually going to go with that weird tingle on the back of my neck and call for the submission by Bokov tonight! Whatever happens, this is going to be fun!

Main Event

Middleweight Championship Bout

Wanderson Machado (7-0-0) vs. Wilfred Ainsworth (4-0-0)

Donkey, I said I wasn’t going to say much about the last fight because it was the focus of a Spotlight with Destin! Well, that didn’t work out and I said a bunch anyways…ha! I can’t be stopped I guess! I’ll say the same about this one, as our Main Event is for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Championship of the World…and was also featured in a Title Fight Spotlight with Destin earlier today! But…well, let’s see if I can stop myself!

Machado and Ainsworth both put their undefeated records on the line tonight as they look to see who can walk out of the cage with the belt! How often do you get two undefeated fighters in there Donkey? Now that’s cool as shit! Will Machado walk out…AND STILL!...champ…or can Ainsworth pull a coup and become…AND NEW!?

Machado has proven he’s going to be a legend in Sucker Punch lore. That’s already been cemented, and now it’s about piling on! He won the title as our first ever Middleweight Champion at the end of the Sorter Series, as he had JUST changed management at the time. The fight is technically under Mark Roland’s name, but make no mistake, he was managed by none other than MMAT great Mac Little for that fight. Since then, he has successfully defended the title twice against Tyrion Lannister and Psiris Fuhren! No small feats I might add! Can he make it three title defenses? There’s no reason to think he can’t, he’s a beast!

Ainsworth, managed by Runt, has to think he can be the one to come in and put an end to this madness…and to Machado’s undefeated streak. But to do so, he has to defend his own goose egg under the loss column! This man is well skilled also and very balanced. His success comes from devastating shots to the head, both in and out of the clinch, with a smattering of leg kicks and other strikes thrown in to keep you on your toes and slow you down. But…can he assert himself like that against the likes of Machado? Tonight…we find out!

Donkey’s Pick: Machado via KO (Punch)

As talented as Ainsworth is…I have to go with the Champ who has done it not once, not twice…but three times now! And he’s done it in a way that makes him look practically unstoppable! So…until somebody actually does stop him…I’m not sure I can ever bet against him! Mac Little comes in with a quiet confidence that is actually a little disturbing as he prepares to corner for Machado. Runt is unlikely to flinch while managing his man. This will be awesome!

Well folks…what more can be said? This will be a night of highlights! A night of unforgettable moments! A night with more in attendance than Sucker Punch has ever had! I can’t wait. And I’m not going to drag this out any more than I already have. Let’s GO!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 6

HA! We shall see, Hare! We shall see!!

Luka didn't make the cut at HFC either... I guess this fight will be to see who the better reject is? Just kidding, we had to cut/move down several fighters during those mergers to keep it competitive. I'm just happy to see those guys still going at it.

Oh, and btw.. Luke was asking me for tips on getting in an unseen nipple twister and reverse tuck n tug? WTF is a Reverse Tuck n Tug? Vargas, you may want to watch your six. I'm not sure what a reverse tuck is when talking about cheap blows... but I don't think you will want to find out any more than me.. oh hell, who am I kidding, I want to see it too!

• Upvote 1

Hi Hare,

Sefina may have taken two ko's but consider who those ko's are to. Top GDL talent. The Current Champ and a former Title challenger. Sefina started out with his first 4 fights ending in under two minutes. The recent change has more to do with exploiting opponents weaknesses. And I plan to do that again. If its stand and trade I'll get the KO. If it goes to the ground I'll get the sub and GnP finish. Sefina is a future prospect in SP and tonight is where we need to go big. Good luck Kid and Anton but tonight is my night :)

• Upvote 1