Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

14232416879438.jpg

Edward Mills and the search for the saber toothed tiger Continues!

Mills had not taken his journey lightly. With an upcoming fight against Crack kreigh, just around the corner and the expectation to avenge Wanderingson Mackimo and put Hirst in a hurst. Mills needed to study the meaning of the daughter of Hares messaging and locate the saber tooth tiger.

The journey began by watching every Ice Age movie and studying Diego....This friendly saber tooth tiger seemed an odd fit... He was far to nice and spoke with such large words.

The first step of Mills training would be to learn big words. Starting with Bananas this seemed a large enough word and could be reinforced by the catchy toons of Gwen Stefani B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

Next Mills would need to visit every zoo in town to see if they would loan him a saber tooth tiger to train with. This task seemed to fall short none could be found, and all the zoo keepers told Mills that there are no more Saber Tooth Tigers. Mills knew this was a lie. But time was limited he needed to move onto the third step of his training.

Step three if you can’t find a saber tooth tiger instead become one.

Edward Mills decided he would need to learn how to get use to extreme cold

He relocated his training camp to Canada for this fight and spent everyday taking ice cold baths watching Ice Age and stuck to a strict diet of ice cream and frozen meat. Now he could handle the cold and his jaw was stronger then ever before.

Two out of three tasks completed. And in the immortal words of Meatloaf two outta three ain’t bad.

Although Mills had not found the saber tooth tiger yet. He believes he has become the Saber Tooth Tiger!

December 23 Crack Kraig get ready to have your ass kicked by Mr. Pickle Punch the man the legend the Tiger King Edward F’in Mills.

Wanderingson Mackimo your saviour has arrived and he has come for.......something....we aren’t sure what’s he’s come for.

In the next adventure of Edward Mills we will find out what exactly he has come for.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

I hate this new look.  over 1/3 of my screen is just blank blue while the forum part is less than 1/2.  Hard to read, goofy even.  What was wrong with the old forums?  LOL

I'm going to agree, it seriously sucks, and what it's lost and taken away from the width, it's also f'd up because of the increased spacing after returns in paragraphs.  Makes a lot of vertical white space as well.  This is seriously going to diminish my desire to post as much on the forums, as the look is horrendous, the responsiveness is horrendous...generally, it's a really, really bad upgrade/implementation.  It's like the guys Mike got to do the upgrade didn't even bother to look at the old forums, test, and then afterward actually do any sort of comparison checking.   I'm in IT, and if we did this where I work, we'd be friggin' destroyed for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

I guess it is primarily for mobile use like everything else, if you still use a laptop you are a dinosaur.. not to mention an actual desktop. But yes agree with you Hare.

True...but if you're doing anything other than reading and quick posting/responding then the laptop is needed.  Try writing out one of the previews on a phone, tablet, etc.  Yeah,  not happening.  But yes, for general use, mobile more than satisfactory for the forums.

FYI all, just want to get this out there in advance...I am at a swim meet today with my daughter, one of the very few we've been able to have over the past year.  Finally, a taper meet to see just how fast you can go for a change!  Anyways, I do not know how soon we'll be able to be home and if I can get a review out or not for this evening.  It may have to be one of those few events (I think this might be only the third the entire time) where I may not be able to do a preview.  If I can't get one out, I'll try to make up for it in the review.  Take care all!

Hare

Mac: For things like that I think its ok if you skip it. It's nice with the writing, but we are not as important as your family ?

Wanderson Machado: Pfft, speak for yourself coach, I could have told you. This org started to decline right away after they gave away my belt in that horrible decision. That little bunny guy better start typing away and make this place great again.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Mac: For things like that I think its ok if you skip it. It's nice with the writing, but we are not as important as your family ?

Wanderson Machado: Pfft, speak for yourself coach, I could have told you. This org started to decline right away after they gave away my belt in that horrible decision. That little bunny guy better start typing away and make this place great again.

LMFAO!!!!

Heavy rock music begins to play, as various scenes from different MMA fights flash and scroll across your screen.. You see images of fighters in the moment of pain and defeat..
One slides by with a closeup of a fighter tapping out of a rear naked choke, and another with a knockout punch being delivered and a fighter crumpling to the mat in a heap..

A logo fades into the middle of your screen

SPPS-Dan-Inacan.png

The scene cuts to the same weathered burly man as in the previous episode, with his grey buzz cut and tattoos covering his arms. 
He looks into the camera with a slight smile, and begins to speak into the microphone sitting on the table in front of him;

-----------------------------------------

Welcome back to "The Runner Up"!
The talk show where defeated fighters get to let out some frustrations in a public forum, and give us some insight into their plans for redemption.
I'm Dan Inacan, and I'll be your host once again.
Today I'll be speaking with Wanderson Machado! Former middleweight champion, here at Sucker Punch.. And let me tell you, he's not very happy about the "former" bit!
We had to offer him copious amounts of Fresca to get him to agree to come on the show..
Lets take a quick look at some of the highlights from his career!

Wmachado.png

The camera moves to focus on the TV screen, and rock music begins to play again.
A video begins, showing Machado's career highlights; as Dan starts to narrate the video:

Wanderson Machado made his career debut in the QFC, against an opponent seven years his elder. None the less, he completely dominated the fight and finished his opponent with an uppercut and follow up strikes to get the TKO victory just under 2 minutes into the first round.
Things didn't slow down as he continued to smash through opponents after being signed to Sucker Punch a year later, when h
e won the Middleweight championship with a Knock out victory to Vinchito Routerhead at SP185 CSS Finals.
His success has continued since, as he was able to defend his title 3 times over a year.
With 7 of his 8 Victories coming by knockout or stoppage by strikes, it looked like nobody could stand with him.. Until he met Nyah Hirst at the recent SPPS 24.
The fight ended with a controversial split decision in Hirst's favor, simultaneously ending Machado's undefeated streak - as well as stripping him of the middleweight title.
Machado was enraged by the decision, and has been very open about his frustration.

The camera fades back in to the studio, with Dan sitting there with a serious look on his face; shaking his head with a grimace.

I can't believe the judges pulled that.. 
Dan glances over to Wanderson Machado sitting in a comfortable black chair, chugging back a Fresca like its water.

Wanderson! .. Thank you for agreeing to be here today, I really appreciate it man..
Just let us know if you run out of Fresca and someone will get you another one.

*Machado Belches impressively*

Well said!
So, as you may know.. I like to dive right in. Lets "tear off the band-aid", so to speak..
I know it goes without saying that you're upset about the decision, and the loss of both your title AND your undefeated streak.. You've made your feelings known about the decision, but can you just tell us again in your own words what you think of your last fight?

Machado - Hirst is a legit striker. He won all his fights on the feet and many were saying I should take this to the ground because of his pure striking background. But I wanted to beat him at the best part of his game, show I will stand up and trade with anyone.. and to be honest was just looking forward to a good fight. My corner said before the last round it was going to be close, they said he will try the head kick again, wait for it and put him down when he does. He did and I got him with a good right-left. I knew I had him there, even thought when he didn't go down at first I'll just bitch slap him down and show who's the boss, that would have been some highlight reel. Ok, I got overconfident maybe and he recovered, but I still couldn't imagine the decision would go against me at that point.

*Dan nods in agreement*

Absolutely.. I thought you had that final round.

And I know you wanted the rematch with Hirst as soon as possible, but knowing how the rankings work you will need to go through an opponent or two before getting that opportunity.. One of those being your next fight with Landon McGuire. 
What do you think of him, and what are your predictions for the fight?

Machado - Rankings *pfft* ..  Yes I said lets just go another 5 rounds! I want it, the fans want it. Hirst doesn't seem that keen, and that tells you right there who really won the fight, doesn't it?
Landon.. Yes another undefeated and upcoming guy, not that well known with only two professional fights but everyone says he is full of talent. 
So after going 8-0 previously, I need to prove myself against a newcomer? What kind of harebrained idea out of a donkeys ass it that? 
Sorry Landon, you are in my way here and you are just not ready for it.

I can definitely see how that would annoy you, as a seasoned veteran. I'd like to think that the fight against McGuire is less of a test for you, than it is for him. He needs to prove himself in the division, and beating you would do that for him; but he is definitely going to be the underdog going in.

What Gym are you training out of for the McGuire fight? Have you changed anything up in your camp, for this fight, or is it business as usual?

Machado - I'm at the Punch Out gym now. Been there since before my first title fight here at Sucker Punch. That is some story on its own, but I think it was already covered how I had to switch gyms while preparing for my first title fight because of some controversy related to my old place. But now it is business as usual. Mac had me work a lot pure boxing since I joined, been sparring with Glass Joe especially. Always liked to step in and trade shots until one guy goes down, but Mac had me work more with varying distance and some stuff like head movement he thought was too static from my Muay Thai background. Has given me more tools for the toolbox I suppose.

For sure! You know, it's probably one of the things that has helped you to retain your title over three defenses. A champion needs a varied arsenal at his disposal!

So In the meantime while you are dealing with McGuire, Hirst will be fighting Jim Beam for the Middleweight belt.. Does it "need" to be Hirst you fight for the belt, or does it matter who you have to fight to get the title back?

Machado - I Didn't even consider that possibility before, hmm.. *Machado pauses* 
I definitely want to set the record straight with Hirst, and leave no doubt next time.. but the belt is more important if I have to choose.

*Dan smiles* Eye always on the prize. Revenge is a secondary! I love it.. *laughs*

Do you have an inspiration? A "favorite fighter", or someone who inspired you to become the champion that you have been?

Machado - Not a single one but there are several fighters I respect for different reasons. Used to watch fighters like Puno and old Rocket Bob Frankels as a kid. I have taken inspiration from Arundel coming from a troubled past to the top of the world. Iain Tower for not only how he dominated the top level of the game but also for everything he teaches us younger guys at the gym.

Is there anyone else in the division that you want to test yourself against?

Machado - I was getting used to them coming to me and not the other way around. 
Sorry, I haven't had time to think further than a Hirst rematch yet. There are still people challenging me all the time, though. Speaking of that.. 
Hey Mills, start going like you did against Oliveira in every fight, and show it wasn't just a one-off.. THEN you can talk to my management about a fight.

Oh! Interesting! Sounds like a grudge match in the making.. You'll have to keep us posted on that one!

So what do you do outside of MMA? Do you have any hobbies, or are you a family man? Who is the Wanderson we don't get to see?

Machado - Well I like musicals, comics and gardening.. no just kidding. The fact is that right now I don't do much else. Letting my last two fights go to a decision and even losing this last one, that was a wakeup call. I'm working harder than ever right now. Getting married, family and all that, well I'm sure the time will come but I'm still young. Just look at Paddy, how many fights did he have since getting married? 
Oh, that's one for Hare by the way, get Paddy here to fight me and I'll forgive you for hiring blind refs.

*Dan laughs, and looks into the camera*

You hear that Hare?!
Also for the record.. There is nothing wrong with musicals, comics, or gardening.. I don't want to be bombarded with hate mail from a bunch of comic reading, gardening musicians!

Alright, I'm done with the 4th degree my man.. Are there any sponsors, companies, or people in particular that you want to give a shout out to? The floor is all yours.. 

Machado - Actually yes, my previous manager, Mark Roland. Like I said before I have developed a lot in my time here at the Punch Out gym, but I know I would not have gotten to where I am today without a solid foundation. So thanks for drilling me so hard and teaching me the importance of working hard back when I started out in MMA.

Awesome. He was a great coach while he was in the business. I think I had a fighter who was coached by him once as well, but that's another story..

*Dan looks at his watch*

Wow.. Time fly's when you're drinking Fresca with a champ! Thanks again for being here my friend. And for what it's worth, I feel the same way you do.. 
To ruin a man's streak, and strip his title with a split decision.. Its a travesty! I am looking forward to that rematch, and I wish you the best of luck. 
Take care brother!

*Machado crushes an empty Fresca can on his forehead* - Thanks!

-----------------------------------------
The scene changes and Dan looks into the camera, once again with a half smile

Thank you all for watching! Tune in next time where I will talk to another defeated fighter, who is willing to stop crying long enough to spill it all for us!
*Laughs, and salutes the camera as the scene zooms out*

Heavy rock music once again begins to play, as more images of MMA fights appear on your screen.. Credits roll, until the logo scrolls into view.. 

SPPS-Dan-Inacan.png

The music fades out as the show comes to an end, and the screen fades to black.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1607119677SPPS_Poster_27.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 27

Hey there again Sucker Punch fans all around the world!  We’re back again and ready to get things crackin’ for Sucker Punch Pro Series 27 tonight over at Schooners Bar in Sydney! I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and you’ll need to bear with me as I try to fly through this with limited time after the swim meet my kiddo was at today.  In addition, I have to spend some extra time to work out formatting on the new forums here.

We  have a lot of great action on tap for the evening and I’ll get into all of that below as we run through the fights.  For now, let me just say that we have a Featherweight Championship bout that I know everybody is looking forward to, as newly crowned champ Michael Aalto will be defending against a young, hungry and aggressive Destin Craven this evening!  Outside that, the action will be fast paced and fun filled, because we have five other featherweight fights on order, along with a quad-pack of Light Heavyweights and a single lonely Welterweight fight that will feature Alex Driver versus Carter Ortiz in the Co-Main Event of the evening!  So, let’s hop into it!  See what I did there Donkey…hop…you know since I’m Hare?  Seriously?   You’re such a killjoy Donkey!

Let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

When you think about training your fighters, one of the biggest concerns is keeping them in the gym and actively training, am I right? And you can’t do that if they have to be stopping to recover and rest for sessions here and sessions there! That is why you need to visit our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, and specifically grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweight Sparring Bout

Marko Kersikov (0-1-0) vs. Kenchai Sitsongrit (0-0-0)

Our opening fight is a quick hitter, one round-three minute affair that will allow these two to get out there and see what’s going on under the hood.  Or at least, it will for Sitsongrit and his manager.  Kersikov has already had a test fight early in his career that he lost…probably by design…and has a good feel for what his morale and hiddens look like. So for him, it’s more about coming in on short notice, being a baller and being willing to get out there and mix it up as a favor, and maybe tack a win onto the record if he can.

Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Kersikov via Unanimous Decision

Normally I won’t give picks for the sparring bouts because they’re only a single round of three minutes and hell, half the time the guys don’t even bother with strategy.  For this one I’ll do it, because Kersikov has previously fought and will probably want a win here.  He’s got KO power in those fists of his and in a longer fight, you’d think having some developmental advantage…at least in the primaries…that he’d get this thing finished potentially.  That may still happen in a short fight too if that KO power truly shows up!  I question the physicals some though, as unless he’s a super-stellar learner he’s a bit more ahead in primaries than I’d expect, so I question if the physicals were left behind some for now.   That’s where you have to think Sitsongrit may still have an even run here, because if he focused more on physicals that could change things depending upon what we find out with hiddens.  In a shorter fight they won’t factor in as heavily as they could though, especially the cardio aspect.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Kaoru Nagashima (3-4-0) vs. Yellow Belt Casey (3-3-0)

In our second fight of the evening we have one fighter in Nagashima who will be desperate for a win here.  You have to expect that he’s focused on every little aspect coming into this fight and over the camp leading up to it to ensure he has the very best possible go given the three fight losing streak he’s currently on.  For the most part, he’s topped off pretty well and it looks like he’s indeed ready to get into this thing with Yellow Belt Casey!

Brad Bombada brought Casey to the cage last month for the first time as his new manager.  Unfortunately they took a disappointing decision loss to Kongsangchai and backed by the prior loss to current champ Aalto when Casey was under Aylib, they’ll also be hungry to get a win and turn things around before the streak makes it to three losses.

These two are amazingly well matched, given both have proficient Muay Thai and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  Where the difference lies is in Nagashima’s slightly more advanced boxing and Casey’s tad bit of an advantage wrestling.  Casey uses the combination of that wrestling and brown belt to go after submissions and he may find he’s got a willing play partner this evening in Nagashima as all of Nagashima’s prior wins have also come via submission.  But will Nagashima change things up tonight and try to use the boxing and standup advantage instead? 

What do you think about this one Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nagashima via Submission (Armbar)

Nagashima hasn’t given up on his ground game.  He just simply hasn’t been able to get it there and when he has lately, he has had some trouble finishing before it got stood back up and he got finished instead.  Tonight, his dance partner will likely be more than happy to allow this thing to get to the ground.  And for whatever reason, I have a sneaky feeling that Nagashima is due. Given Casey’s more advanced wrestling combined with the comparable skills in Jiu Jitsu I should be picking him here instead.  I’m honestly waiting to see if his new manager can work through how to  utilize his skills best and close things out before I can throw my hat in that direction though.

Undercard Bout #3: Featherweights

Broklyn Red (2-1-0) vs. Akara Kongsangchai (2-3-0)

Kongsangchai comes into this one fresh off a win that busted up a three fight streak of losses.  That win, as we discussed in the prior fight, was against Yellow Belt Casey and came thanks to a decision.  Many of his fights have been going the distance lately so certainly Red had better be ready for a long war if he isn’t prepared to finish it early.  Unless Kongsangchai suddenly switches things up, you can expect him to try…repeatedly if necessary…to put this thing into the clinch and work from there.  With wonderful Muay Thai and strong wrestling he typically feels that’s where he can be the most effective.

Coming off a win against Nagashima, Red is looking to turn that into a streak and that streak would start with a win this evening over Kongsangchai.  Red has strong standup skills, but his true strength lies in his exceptional wrestling and purple belt in BJJ.  He didn’t really use it last fight, instead working the standup and boxing game, but he’s been known to clinch up and use that to get to the ground as well as he did against Sitsongrit two fights back.  That turned into a loss, but that doesn’t  mean he didn’t get the fight where he wanted it.  With Kongsangchai tending to want the clinch, will he instead go straight for the takedowns this evening?

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Red via Submission (Kimura)

This is a really tough one to call, but I’m going to say that I like Red’s chances if he can get it to the ground.  But that’s no guarantee and if Kongsangchai can get him into the clinch and control it he may be able to dictate the fight.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Ross Rhea (5-4-0) vs. Abasi Amaike (1-1-0)

Amaike makes his Sucker Punch debut with us tonight and comes in as a very talented prospect who has only had two other fights, one an early QFC bout he won, and then one at Empire before it closed down back in September.  That fight ended with a submission loss, something he’ll be looking to put behind him tonight!  He’s all amped up and ready to go with a full tank of gas and that dangerous look in the eyes, so Rhea had better be ready for everything he can handle this evening.  The last fight was over before we could judge much from it and the other fight was too far back to care overly much, so we’ll see how he approaches things tonight.  Although with his boxing and Muay Thai, I’d expect he wants to try to win this on the feet!

For Rhea this fight is also about trying to get another in under the belt to help erase the memory of the two losses a couple fights back.  Adding on to the win he got last month and making it two in a row would go a long way towards accomplishing that task!  Rhea is all about the nasty stuff and using those razor blades he calls elbows to inflict serious damage in the clinch.  Amaike would be well warned to stay out of the clinch and box if he wants this fight to stay on the feet!

Well, what else do you have for us Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Amaike via TKO (Strikes)

Again, with both fighters coming in all prepped and ready to go, this is a tough pick!  And that’s a great thing!  Those elbows are seriously dangerous for Rhea and can change the fight in a heartbeat.  But I have a feeling about Amaike so I’m going to dish in that direction for this one!

Undercard Bout #5: Light Heavyweights

Harold Kerzner (2-4-0) vs. Bjorn Akerfeldt (3-2-0)

Donkey, I can’t even begin to tell you how thrilled I am with the way these kids are all coming into this!  All of them so far have been prepped and are ready to go, and honestly, on the Undercard that’s a treat!  Damn, maybe we’re getting to the point now where the majority of the guys in the org just…”get it”!  That’d be awesome!

Akerfeldt is new to Sucker Punch and will be heading into the cage tonight making his debut with us!  Formerly with Checkmate, he was bouncing between wins and losses over there and comes in off a loss to Choctaw Bloode via TKO.  Tonight he’ll attempt to switch things around and head back down the right path and a big part of that will be whether he can get the fight to the ground and work over Harold Kerzner there for a potential submission.  All three of Akerfeldt’s career wins have come via submission so far.  With superb wrestling and a brown belt he’s definitely formidable on the ground.  But he also has superb boxing and proficient Muay Thai, so he’s no slouch on the feet either.

Kerzner has been struggling and just can’t seem to find the answer he’s been looking for of late.  He’s racked up a string of four losses in a row and even lost on the ground lately which is a place he usually likes to get his best work in.  He has sensational wrestling and a purple belt, so he’s definitely up to the task of giving Akerfeldt a run for his money if they want to play on the floor this evening.  That is, if he can get over the “yips” and put it all back together again.  Much like Akerfeldt, he also has superb boxing and a strong Muay Thai, so there is the possibility they could stand and go at it as well!  Unlikely, but possible.

Well Donkey?  No making it easy for you, eh…?

Donkey’s Pick: Akerfeldt via Submission (Armbar)

Yep, definitely another tough one Hare…but I’m going to lean towards the new, fresh face in town for this one.  But only because Kerzner seems to have lost his swagger and confidence of late, and unless he can get it back things are going rough for him.  Tonight, a win would be huge for Kerzner, as another loss could be pivotal to his career.  And not in a good way.

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Ali Hasanov (8-5-0) vs. Eemeli Lampi (2-1-0)

Well Donkey, we made it all the way through the Undercard and into the Main Card here before we ran into a situation where one of the kids heading into the cage just isn’t prepared.  Not a bad run, but still disappointing to see!  Especially given that Hasanov, who has morale that is down below 50%, has been bouncing back and forth between wins since joining Sucker Punch and really, really would have liked to turn it around again and get back to winning.  That’ll be tough to do tonight as he comes in without focus and confidence.

Lampi, managed by Taina Valkoinen, is making his Sucker Punch debut this evening and certainly won’t have an issue with taking advantage of Hasanov’s lack of focus.  Coming in off two wins in a row from over at Empire, both via TKO, Lampi has shown that he doesn’t mind dishing out the pain in the clinch or outside it on the feet!  He has a granite chin, so he also has no issue coming straight at you, taking your best shot, and then proving that he can dish it out worse! 

Lampi will have to be careful tonight though, as Hasanov likes the ground game, both from a ground and pound perspective as well as attempting to catch you with a submission.   The key for Hasanov will be getting the fight to the ground in the first place. Can he do that with low confidence coming in?  I think I know what Donkey will say!

Well Donkey, am I right with where you’ll go on this…?

Donkey’s Pick: Lampi via KO (Punch)

You know me well enough by now to know I won’t pick a guy this off on morale or energy, with it being the morale for Hasanov.  Nope, and I think that that will prevent him from having the confidence to get it to the ground and if he can, to finish it there.  This fight is Lampi’s to lose.  He just needs to come out and take care of business.

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Mike Bard (4-3-0) vs. Tarmo Rajantaka (4-4-0)

Donkey, we’ve got yet another young warrior here making his debut with us tonight!  Rajantaka was formerly with Checkmate as well and is likely looking to change up his fortunes a bit with a change of scenery.  He’s lost three of his last four, with the last fight being a nasty loss via head kick KO, but he also won a fantastic one via a nasty knee the fight before that!  Rajantaka is a Muay Thai artist who enjoys dishing out abuse in the clinch on the back of his sensational MT and wonderful wrestling skills.  However, the risk for him is that he needs to keep the fight on the feet because his white belt, at this level of play, is not going to fend off many opponents well if they have a modicum of skill on the ground.

And that’s where this is a dangerous fight tonight.  Because Bard will be standing across from Rajantaka in the cage tonight and he’s a man who enjoys the ground game!  Granted, he mostly just enjoys dishing out the pain down there on the ground, but still…you have to be prepared to defend against it regardless even if he’s not tossing sub attempts your way.  Can Rajantaka stop a ground and pounder?  We’re going to find out!

So what do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Bard via TKO (Strikes)

The white belt worries me and honestly it’s a bit of a shock to see at this level and age.  It’s difficult to  hang in MMA at this point without at least a reasonable skill level on the ground and usually just wrestling won’t cut it.  But we’re going to find out if I’m wrong on that!  Bard can really use a win here, so he’ll be extra focused on trying to get the job done and get this win, as at 27 years old he’s not getting any younger!

Main Card Bout #3: Featherweights

Kurt Cobain (6-2-0) vs. Petsuwan Sitsongrit (2-1-0)

Two months ago our Featherweight Champ, Count Dankula, went MIA on us and left us with no option but to strip the belt.  That sucked.  Always does when an org is stuck doing that.  It took us a month or so, but we got our stuff together and figured out who our top contenders were so we could re-establish the belt last month.  One of those fighters will be in the cage tonight in this bout as Kurt Cobain fell just short of the ultimate goal, losing the chance at the belt to Aalto.  He’d like nothing more than to prove that that was a fluke and he deserves to be wearing the gold and tonight he’ll get the chance to prove it against a very tough and talented Petsuwan Sitsongrit!

Much like many of his training partners, Cobain makes no secret about what he wants to do in the cage.  And that’s punch you…hard.  That’s how he defeated fellow striker Concrete…that’s how he avenged the first loss of his career to Antsa and that’s how he defeated ground specialist Nagashima.  And that’s how he’ll likely attempt to take out Sitsongrit tonight!

Sitsongrit is an extremely talented fighter across the board with skills on the feet and on the ground. He showed in his last fight against Broklyn Red that he can work the clinch with you if you want it there, that he can stand and strike, with precision, if that’s what you want to do…or, if you want to take it to the ground, he can fend you off there.  Tonight, it’s likely he’s simply going to have to focus on how to fend off a serious, hard-hitting striker!  Will he stand and try to go accuracy in return?  Will he counter?  Will he work the clinch or even try to take it to the ground instead?  Being that we only have the one recent fight to go on, it remains to be seen but it’ll be exciting, that’s for sure!

Well, got a pick Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Cobain via KO (Punch)

I have to go with the guy who was RIGHT THERE last month and just didn’t get it finished…but comes in focused and ready to make that run again.  The winner of this fight is getting a title shot in January, so huge things on the line here!  And honestly, the one who wins this fight will definitely have earned it!  Let’s not forget, if Sitsongrit does take it to the ground, Cobain has developed skills there recently.  He’s now got superb wrestling and a purple belt!  So surprise, guess who learned some ground game? I can’t wait to see this fight tonight!

Co-Main Event: Welterweights

Alex Driver (4-5-0) vs. Carter Ortiz (7-0-0)

This Co-Main event is HIGHLY hyped Donkey!  The popularity of these two combined…with Ortiz’s undefeated record and seven wins…and Driver having won three of his last four…would normally make them the Main Event if not for a title on the line tonight!  Both of them are pretty prepared to go, although Driver is just a tad low on morale, which actually is a huge surprise to me.

There are big things on the line for Driver here as well, as winning another make making it four of his last five would definitely put him in position to be looked at as a possible Top Contender shortly!  However, as we said, that morale is a little concerning.   Drive won his last fight against DJ Costune with a highlight reel head kick KO that had the entire arena on the feet and losing their minds!  It was definitely the talk of the town for quite a bit!  He’s also shown he can take it the distance with two Unanimous Decisions in his past four fights.  There’s no secret here…he’s going to bring the house at you on the feet…his hands, his feet…and your guess where and when they’re coming!

Ortiz opened up his stay here at Sucker Punch with a submission over Chaz Campbell last month, making it his seventh win…and his seventh submission!  This man doesn’t have much in the way of a standup game…but he doesn’t need one if he can get you to the ground where he strong wrestling and brown belt in Jiu Jitsu kick in!  And, he’s never failed to be able to!  This fight tonight will tell us if, even at his young age and relatively one dimensional skillset, he’s ready for the step into the top of the division!

Can’t wait for this Donkey! How about you…?

Donkey’s Pick: Ortiz via Submission (Armbar)

In such a tight match with so much on the line I have to go with the guy who is completely prepared as it may mean the difference!  Ortiz is young, and this is a tough fight for him…but with big challenge comes big opportunity!  Driver can prove he’s even more resilient than we already know he is if he comes through tonight with a big win here and proves me wrong!

Main Event: Featherweight Championship

Michael Aalto (5-0-0) vs. Destin Craven (6-1-0)

With only one loss between them, this is a Main Event…and even more importantly, Championship Fight…that both have earned their way into!  Aalto was able to pick up the pieces of a broken and stripped Featherweight Championship last month when he and fellow challenger Kurt Cobain stepped up to both lay claim to the belt!  Aalto came out on top and here he is, the current King of the Featherweight division!

Craven is a young 21 year old hungry fighter who has only lost once, early in his career in his very first fight.  Since then he’s run off six straight wins with four of those wins coming here at Sucker Punch!  Most recently he stepped up to and defeated a very dangerous Jack Sparrow who not many have been able to get past as he sits there as the ultimate gatekeeper for entry into the Top 5 of the division.  That win via submission, the fifth submission victory of his career, was enough to give him the title shot!  Tonight, he’ll put his skills, and quite possibly his skills on the ground, up against another ground specialist in Aalto as he attempts to steal what Aalto holds.

Aalto is 5-0 and four of those five wins, including the one that got him the belt, were via submission!  Where Craven has strong ground skills…Aalto takes it one step further with superb wrestling and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu!  In addition,  he also has strong boxing and Muay Thai.  There is no easy way past Aalto in this fight for Craven, other than digging deep, working the strategy and perhaps hoping for a little luck…and perhaps hoping his physicals and intangible hiddens are just…that much more!

This is going to be an epic battle on the ground, eh Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Aalto via Submssion (Kimura)

It’s not even fair to ask me to pick in this one because just like every other fan out there, I just want to see this fight and see who can gain mastery over the other in this one and walk away with the gold!  These two are beasts both on the ground and otherwise, and they’re going to make it tough for anybody to come up and take the belt away…outside somebody just as skilled as they are!  But first…they have to deal with each other tonight!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

The action will be hot and heavy all night long over at Schooners Bar this evening and I’m excited to be there along with all 7,000 screaming fans!  Hope you’re ready for a blast, because I know I am!  We’ll see you soon.

Till then…don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

1 hour ago, dein93 said:

SPPS-Dan-Inacan.png

...Was OUT OF THIS WORLD fantastic!  My god, I think I just about died laughing throughout, for a good full five minutes!  Pure gold.  And trust me, I hear ya!  I hear ya!  And a few good takeaways there...for lots of folks!  Shots all around! HAHAHA!  Wow...anyways, fantastic, and thank you!

• Upvote 2

Sucker Punch Pro Series : Star Search

Though you wouldn't know it by looking at the ranking Sucker Punch Pro Series in Sydney is an organization on the rise. I don't believe owner Hare Rampler cares as much about being in the top ten org rankings as handles putting on great shows week in and week out but the promoter should be aware that his org is rising. 

At SPPS being ranked 13th globally is just fine because that's not something they are focused on. One thing they are focused on is creating stars and keeping each division growing. Well this weekend Hare , Donkey and company have another shot at a chance to create more stars. 

Pro Series 29 takes place at The Bridge (10,000) in Sydney and is loaded with a fun card and lots of chances for guys to break out. 

In a lightweight fight Raleigh St. Clair 7- 2 faces Bobolo Jubbly 5 - 3. Raleigh has a chance to cement himself as a true top contender and break out star at lightweight if he can beat the streaking bjj wiz kid. Jubbly has bounced back winning three in a row all by submission.  St. Clair's last loss was due to submission and though Raleigh has won three in a row and seven if his last eight. Showing he can withstand the ground game of Bobolo would go a long way in earning a title shot. Raleigh is currently ranked fifth and his opponent fourth , with a stoppage win St. Clair could use that momentum to catapult himself into superstardom and a title shot. Did I mention all of St. Clair's wins have been by knockout? This kid has star written all over him , he just has to win and he is the next challenger for Frankie Logan's Championship.  

Middleweight Sean Smith is undefeated at 4-0 with all by way of (T)KO and many believe he is yet to be tested. This 21 year old power puncher has a chance to break into title discussions with a big win this weekend. He faces fellow KO artist 4-2 Bill Sherman , Sherman has won all four of his fights via Knockout as well. Sherman is coming off a loss to Smith's teammate. They share the same manager and Smith feels like that gives him the edge this weekend. Currently ranked sixth in his division Sean Smith Hope's that a big win and some match ups in the top 5 in coming weeks lead to him being next in line for a Championship.  Smith is very brash and believes he will starch Sherman inside of one round. 

Also this weekend in the middleweight division is up and comer Ibrahim " Storm" Volkov 3-1. Storm has two knockouts via vicious ground and pound on his resume. A win this weekend over Kiryu Kazuma will launch this prospect into the top five in the division. The 21 year old Volkov has said on occasion that he has a way to go before he is ready for a title shot but a win this weekend would surely mean a step up in competition. 

Our final chance for a breakout star comes from this weekend's Heavyweight Title challenger Kingston Wall 8- 4. Wall has reeled off three huge KO victories in a row and has seemingly turned his career around. This weekend he faces a huge challenge in the form of Champion Thoth "Erudite" Chontamenti. If Kingston can finish the reigning champion not only will he become an overnight star but he'll become an overnight target as well. 

1w26.jpg

15942411153564.jpg

15889696439687.gif

13982430168536.png

• Upvote 4

My apologies for not being able to do a review so far for this past event folks.  I've been a bit under the weather and unable to concentrate on doing it with the pounding headache I'm dealing with.  If I can get it out along with the preview for this coming one, I will, but I know it's not the same when it's been several days already.  

• Upvote 5

1607436224SPPS_Poster_28.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 28

What’s up Sucker Punch fans all over the world! I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and we have a big one coming up tonight over at The Bridge in Sydney!  That place holds a ton of folks Donkey, 10,000 to be exact, and I can’t wait to have the place rocking right down to the foundations with all of the action at Sucker Punch Pro Series 28!

Now, I’ve been under the weather a bit here in the Rumpler household Donkey, so I’m going to skip through this as quickly as I can while hopefully not falling down too hard on the details and coverage.  But we have a very mixed card tonight which will open up with our first of three Lightweight bouts that are on the card, then move on to the first of a trio of Welterweight contests and then we’ll get to our first of a quad pack of Light Heavyweight fights, the biggest of which of course is the Main Even of the evening…Jacob Parker defending his Light Heavyweight Championship belt against challenger Wille Thai!

So let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

When you think about training your fighters, one of the biggest concerns is keeping them in the gym and actively training, am I right? And you can’t do that if they have to be stopping to recover and rest for sessions here and sessions there! That is why you need to visit our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, and specifically grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Trevor Barnes (2-2-1) vs. Repus Revorg (0-1-0)

Donkey, our first bout of the evening will see one of my own young kids, Repus Revorg, go out there and face off with “The Exterminator” Trevor Barnes.  Previously with Empire and now making his Sucker Punch debut, Barnes is managed by (family head?) Clifton Barnes and comes in as a young 20 year old with a solid .500 start going to his career, but one that he’d now like to see take off and move him forward and up the ladder here in the Lightweight division!

Barnes has a granite chin and apparently a hell of a wallop in that punch of his along with accuracy.  Two fights back in his win over Aliyev he didn’t throw a ton of shots, but instead mixed it up well between the hands and feet with shots that landed perfectly and with some oomph behind them!  His last fight against Armis was a loss, but again, when he was striking he was accurate…the only issue being that once taken to the ground, he was at Armis’ mercy and on the receiving end of some brutal ground and pound.  So I think it’s fair to say that Barnes will bring a hell of a standup game to this fight, but perhaps the ground is the one area he’s still working to improve on.

Donkey, my boy Revorg is young, very young at closer to the 365k MMAT registration number, but my trainers tell me he’s a quick study with heavy hands!  He lost his only fight to date, a little sparring contest against fellow Yabai member Rokchai Sitsongrit, but we all know that the Sitsongrit line is an extremely tough one…and, that was only a test fight.  So now, after almost half a year of studying, practicing, sparring, etc. it’s time to see if Revorg is ready to move into the true professional portion of his career?  He’s got remarkable Muay Thai along with respectable wrestling and also a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu…so several options for the attack there and it’s just a matter of what he’ll go with this evening.  Pssst, btw Donkey…I know the game plan, but I’m not tellin’!  Ha!

So, what do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Barnes via TKO (Strikes)

Well, even though I’m somewhat privy to what the plan might be Hare, I’m not going to be a homer and go picking your guy here. Although despite the 3k ID disadvantage this fight is as much his as it is Barnes’ to take this evening.  Instead, I think I know what you’ll go for, and I also know that Barnes’ granite chin could play into that and give him the opportunity to put Revorg down…and that’s what I’m counting on with this pick!  If I’m correct, Barnes will move to 3-2-1 and blastoff…he’s on his way!

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Joseph Weaver (0-1-0) vs. Ceedee Queen (2-1-0)

Our second Undercard fight of the evening will be a Welterweight battle between Queen and Weaver in what might end up being your classic grappler versus striker contest! 

Queen has elite wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He’s one bad, dangerous man on the ground and not in your playful, “I’m gonna twist this and see if you say Uncle” sorta way either!  No, more in the “I’m going to get as close to mount as possible and I’m going to pound the living hell outa your face!” kinda way!  He won his Sucker Punch debut but then fell on the ground to Weston Hodkiewicz last month via those submissions we said he doesn’t play with.  Tonight, he’s going to be looking to bounce back…and bounce a few fists off Weaver’s nose!

Weaver is just starting out his professional career after falling in his career opener last month here at Sucker Punch where he debuted.  That was a fight where Vargas managed to get the better of Weaver in the clinch and made it a rough night for Weaver.  Weaver will be looking to rebound from that fight and, probably the most important thing tonight, keep the fight on the feet this evening so he can use his remarkable boxing and Muay Thai skills.  He has some skills on the ground, but they don’t scream, “Hey, yeah, the ground sounds fun, let’s do that!”  No, instead, I think he’s going to want to prevent the takedowns if he can, and if not, claim a standup as soon as possible.

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Queen via TKO (Strikes)

Unless Weaver’s takedown and defensive grappling are the strongest parts of his game, this may end up on the ground at some point.  If it does, Weaver could be in for a rough go.  Queen will very likely take advantage of the situation and finish it off before the refs can get bored of watching these two roll around.  However, Weaver may also come in with a strong game plan on the feet that makes Queen pay before he can get the fight to the ground. Both of these kids are primed and ready to go, so this is a great fight to get the fans  pumped for all the action tonight!

Undercard Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Julian Rourke (2-1-0) vs. Derwent Bolt (1-0-0)

Our third battle of the evening is a Light Heavyweight matchup between Derwent Bolt and Julian Rourke…a fight that I might add that Bolt’s manager has been running around in the forums playing possum in advance trying to lure Rourke’s team into a false sense of security!

Bolt, previously managed in his first fight ever in a QFC bout last May by then manager Kniges, won his first fight via Submission.  That shouldn’t be a surprise given he’s got a brown belt in BJJ and likely has only gotten stronger since then.  It appears he’s as if he’s built up his wrestling a bit but has also complimented things with strong boxing and competent Muay Thai.   So, does he come out with a focus on the ground game and submissions still, with the standup there to ensure he can at least strike back some or put on some defense, or has he built his game to be able to compete wherever he needs to?

Bolt’s management has told Rourke not to worry about things as Rourke’s manager Don Xyel has claimed Rourke may be on thin ice.  However, Bolt’s new manager, Bjorn…is not to be trusted! Ha. He’s a sneaky devil and loves to tease and entice folks, just look at his avatar sales in the forums! Rourke will be well served to ensure he has a good game plan on the ground to stay out of trouble and fend off Bolt, and the remarkable wrestling he comes in with may do a lot to help that cause.  Outside that, he’ll be looking to use his exceptional boxing and wonderful Muay Thai to put the hurt on Bolt on the feet this evening!  Rourke lost to Jacob Parker in a bid for the belt last month, but he definitely put Parker on edge and gave him something to worry about.  Parker’s never quite looked that uncertain with his striking and that says something about Rourke’s skills…and his heart to hang in there for quite a bit. 

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Rourke via TKO (Strikes)

Bolt showed inexperience in the tale of the tape for his first fight, and while that isn’t what most managers want to see, it’s not the end of the world either.  But it does mean he likely doesn’t have a granite chin or knockout power…which means it’s good that his focus is likely the ground game and submissions.  If he has good intelligence and determination, he may still work a good career down there.  But…in a tight contest like we have here tonight, I’m going to go with Rourke on this one and think that maybe if he could stand up to Parker like that, he can do even better against Bolt and get those good shots in before Bolt can get it on the ground.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Psiris Fuhren (5-2-0) vs. Lukas Reeves (1-2-0)

If Reeves had a few more fights under his belt this Welterweight battle would undoubtedly be in the Main Card and be one of the most anticipated and exciting fights of the evening!  As it is, this fight alone is a good enough reason to get to the arena early tonight, get butts, beers and cheers into those seats and be ready for some great action with big time opportunities on the line as Fuhren will get another title shot with a win and Reeves would put himself one step closer earning one as well, with the only thing holding him back being the need for another win or so. 

Reeves is a super talented fighter managed by Kniges and despite his 1-2 record is a feared fighter in the Welterweight division.  He won his debut in the QFC back in the day, but has struggled to translate his skills into wins so far in ID org action. With a loss to Sergio Vargas over at BFC, who is now here with as at Sucker Punch as well, and then a loss to Juan Christiano a little over a month ago Reeves wants nothing more than to show that his skills deserve the hesitation they’ve caused, as more than one fighter in this division has shied away from taking a fight with him. 

Fuhren was not one of those fighters!  When I stepped up the offer to get somebody a title shot if they took on Reeves and won, Fuhren’s management was immediately game as they want nothing more than to work their way back into the title picture again after falling a bit short in his bid against Wanderson Machado two months ago.  Crazy enough, while he’s listed due to record in the red corner tonight, many would look at skills and call Reeves the favorite.  But skills are one thing, and results are another…and Fuhren will be out there tonight to show Reeves that he better be 100% prepared to bring it!

Well, what else do you have for us Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Fuhren via KO (Punch)

This is a crazy tough one to call because as you say Hare, Reeves has the skills on paper to potentially dominate things this evening, with slightly better boxing and definitively more advanced ground skills.  But, Fuhren has the experience and fight moxie and that can weigh in very heavily!  Christiano was able to fend Reeves off on the ground with slightly better wrestling than Fuhren has but the same purple belt.  Vargas was able to finish things before Reeves ever got it to the ground.  So the opportunities are there.  It will be interesting to see how Reeves decides to gel his skills, if he does, and what approach he uses tonight!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Piney Winston (8-4-0) vs. Montesh Dominguez (0-4-0)

As we finish off the Undercard with this Lightweight contest we once again get a solid dose of striker versus grappler Donkey!  Dominguez is the striker with remarkable boxing and sensational Muay Thai (and strong wrestling to compliment) while Winston is the ground specialist with strong wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.

This is actually a rematch as these two met just two months ago.  Dominguez has considerably better overall skills though despite being less experienced in the cage and in training time.  If he’s been working on his skills controlling the clinch, or preventing takedowns, he should be able to do well in a fight like this with his striking.  Last time they met, Winston got the takedown from the clinch and then was able to finish things from there.  So this is an opportunity to see if Dominguez’s team can adjust and outwit with a different game plan. 

Winston probably won’t change much.  It worked last time, and despite having almost no standup skills it only mattered if he could get it to the ground, which he could.  Can he again?  And are his striking skills, at least with defense, starting to develop?  Tonight we’ll find out!

Well Donkey, the same result or different tonight…?

Donkey’s Pick: Dominguez via TKO (Strikes)

I actually do think Dominguez adjusts, has been training to counter his prior weaknesses and can get the right shots in at the right times.  His skills are considerable.  But, he’s also up against a dangerous opponent if he hasn’t fixed his ground game, specially transitions or escapes, along with defensive grappling.  As you said, we’re going to find out!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Red Crow (4-2-1) vs. Sergio Vargas (4-6-0)

Vargas and Crow will open the Main Card for us tonight with this Welterweight bout that is likely to determine the future, at least in the near term, for one of these two skilled fighters!

Crow has more or less been on a roll of late with only one loss in his last six fights (we’re not looking at you, draw with Vovchanchyn…yet at least…) and with a win here will set himself up for a potential Top Contender battle in January.  Given that the draw he just glanced over was against Vovchanchyn who now holds the belt, I’d say that’s a heck of an impressive one to pull a draw against!  Granted, that was also five months ago and a lot happens in that time development wise.  Crow can work the fight from a number of angles.  Last fight, he went full kickboxer on Mister Lee to win via Decision. Two fights ago, he surprised an entire arena by surviving being rocked not once, but TWICE in shorter order at the beginning of the fight against Niki Geo, but yet bounced back for a return shot of his own only a short time later for the KO!  In other fights further back, he’s worked the ground and pound game.  What will we get tonight?  I dunno Donkey, but Vargas is going to find out!

Speaking of Vargas, Zeke Gunner has him tuned up and ready to go tonight!  Awesome to see!  He’s coming off a huge win last month against Joseph Weaver who is managed by Kelly McGrady, former #5 ranked manager in the game.  To win a fight with that backing is not easy to do and says a lot about Vargas and his current team.  That was a fight he very much needed given he carried a three fight streak of L’s into that one, so to get that win and get back to the ways of the “W” was huge for him.   It didn’t take him a ton of shots in that last fight to win either, as he worked a few in stand up and more in the clinch…which says there’s a bit of pop behind his shots.  Crow will need to be prepared and bring his big boy chin I think tonight!

Well Donkey, who are you taking…?

Donkey’s Pick: Vargas via TKO (Strikes)

Super tough fight to pick.  Do I have to?  Seriously, this is one of those “just wanna watch it!” fights.  Both warriors are pumped up and ready to go so I can’t even get an edge one way or the other there.  Everything with my eyes tells me I should go Crow on this, as he seems to be ramping up and ready to get things done on a run for contendership, but a spidey sense is telling me that Vargas may be bringing the “boom” again tonight! 

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

John Fury (3-0-0) vs. Joe Junior (5-2-0)

Donkey, I don’t want to jinx it here…but we’re now going on our second fight of the Main Card and all of our Sucker Punch boys tonight have got their shit together so far, with morale and energy prepped and ready and damn…is this like an early Christmas present for you?  They are making your life hell with the picks, but hey, you don’t have to listen to me whine about who I’m going to cut the hell from their contracts after tonight, do you?  All I really ask for is a good effort, and these kids are ready to give it this evening!

Junior will be coming prepared out of the blue corner in this Light Heavyweight bout and with five wins overall, three back to back coming into this fight, he’s in the mood to extend his current winning streak further…so far, in fact, that a win tonight will get the victor a shot at the title in January!  What do you think motivates Junior more this evening…a hatred of losing, a desire to extend his streak and keep it alive…or the shot at the title Donkey?  Yep, probable all of the above!  Junior showed amazing heart in his last fight, getting rocked early in the first minute and somehow managing to dig deep and stay in the fight, eventually coming back and putting it away with a win over Bard in the first minute of the third.  He’s not much for the fancy stuff…he doesn’t see himself as much of a ground guy despite his purple belt, and he doesn’t do the whole “kicky like a girl” thing either. Instead, he picks and chooses his strikes, and then he unleashes hell with those fists as they land like a ton of bricks!

Fury is 3-0 and very much would like to keep that goose egg to the right…and earn the shot to go after the winner of Parker/Thai and they gold one of them will be carrying into the new year!  His style is very similar to Junior’s in that he also doesn’t bother too much with the ground stuff…at least up till now…and also doesn’t do the kick at your shins and ankles thing.  Instead, he brings an aggressive striking game to the cage and will wear you down with shot after shot.  And depending upon his mood, some of those shots may be coming with a bit of “zing” on them as well! 

So what do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Junior via KO (Punch)

This should be, as they say, a good old fashioned slobber knocker!  These two are going to be out for a finish and will have zero interest in anything the judges have to say.  I expect a hard fought fight, and this thing is likely to come down to strategy…and being able to make it happen in there!  A very good chance that heart comes into play as well, as both are going to take shots and have their drive and chins tested!  I expect that Junior may be the one who comes in with the counter approach though, and if he nails the right one with Fury’s possible aggression bringing him in over and over, it could be lights out!

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Aleks Kuznetsov (4-1-0) vs. John Doe (3-0-0)

There is no doubt that our next fight will need no additional hype!  This battle of top tier Light Heavyweights features former champion Aleks Kuznetsov and undefeated aspiring contender John Doe!  And with this fight, we’re going to figure out which of these two is going to be fighting for a title opportunity, as whoever the winner meets next month will be equally as worthy and the outcome will then determine who goes for the belt in February!

So yes, this is one step away from fighting for the chance to go after the title!  How’s that for incentive to get out there and win…and for the fans to know that there is a ton on the line? 

Doe is an all-around skilled fighter who has downed all three of his former opponents, one in a QFC fight more than a year ago.  The other two fights took place right here at Sucker Punch against hard hitting Steven Jones and my own Sacrificial Lamb, who probably felt like that was exactly what he’d become when he was taken for the decision victory last month!  Doe was aggressive in that last fight, using every weapon in his arsenal in standup, boxing, kicks, clinchwork…hell, the entire ball of wax…to down Lamb.  The fight before that against Jones, he decided to dance apart and strike with deadly accuracy, landing all of his leg kicks, but more importantly, his body punches and most of his head strikes.  And those strikes clearly came crashing in with some force, as Jones is no stranger to the knockem’ sockem’ game!

Kuznetsov knows how to win.  And he knows how to win the big ones as he put the hurt on Sacrificial Lamb to win the title three months ago and had taken out most of his opponents prior to that in record time!  Against Jacob Parker he finally came up against his match and was KO’d and stopped for the first time in his career during his first title defense.  He’ll want to keep this on the feet…and it’s likely that Doe will as well.  So the question is going to be…what strategy will each use?  Will they come in countering and hitting hard?  Will they be all out aggression, trying to overwhelm their opponent? Will they kick or clinch to mix it up?  This will be a super fight to see just how each of these fantastic managers instructs their protégé and tries to guide to a big time win with huge things on the line!

Well, got a pick Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Doe via TKO (Strikes)

These two are both beasts!  Absolute, undisputable, beasts!  And we know that Kuznetsov knows how to win.  But, Doe is also managed by a manager who has champions in Sucker Punch as well, so we know that both corners are backed by winning managers.  That makes this even more exciting!  Doe comes with a slightly more diverse game and that may play to his advantage in a way that Lamb couldn’t  manage.  So I’m going in that direction…but damn, if he takes one of those nasties from Kuznetsov…he may be waking up afterward wondering, “When does the fight start…and why am I down here coach?”

Co-Main Event: Lightweights

Demi Achilles (8-2-0) vs. Rudy Giuliani (7-6-0)

Fans of the Lightweight division out there will be super-excited with this Co-Main event tonight as it will determine the shape of the division in the next few months!  Achilles is right on the verge of becoming Top Contender in the division…and with a win tonight, he’ll fight for that shot next month in January with the potential to have a title fight in February. 

On the other  hand, Giuliani is going to be out to prove that the KO he put on Bargos two months back was more the norm and the KO that got put on him last month by Verreira was the exception.  A win tonight over Achilles would demonstrate that he is part of the future at the top of this division and set him up for a run of fights that could put him in that contender spot sooner than later!

Giuliani is the stronger fighter in all areas of standup and also holds the slight edge in wrestling which will help if he decides he wants to clinch.  Or if and when he has to defend on the ground!  He’s mostly faced strikers so far, and the one that he lost two twice was Verreira who was easily in line for Top Contender until he disappeared MIA. 

Tonight, he’ll face a fighter who doesn’t mind standing and throwing hands, but also can take you on the ground.  So we’ll find out if Giuliani can handle that aspect of the game or not.  If he can, then he really is what we think, a bona fide threat in the division.  If not, well, it’ll show us and his team what he’s going to need to work on before he’s ready to go after the belt down the line! 

Can’t wait for this Donkey! How about you…?

Donkey’s Pick: Giuliani via TKO (Strikes)

This is another one of those fights where my brain is telling me to take Achilles, who is right on the verge of contendership and has the well-rounded skills that do well in a fight like this...yet, that tingly “there’s an upset in the making” thing is going on and I just have a feeling that if Achilles doesn’t work this to the ground early enough, this fight could go in Giuliani’s direction!  However, if it does get to the ground, and if Giuliani’s wrestling isn’t totally defensive oriented, he’ll be in trouble down there.  Big trouble.

Main Event: Light Heavyweight Championship

Jacob Parker (4-1-0) vs. Wille Thai (6-1-0)

Parker’s Championship status as King of the Light Heavyweight Division, and the first ever to successfully defend that title here at Sucker Punch, is about to be tested in a brand new way!  Up till now, he’s mostly had to face strikers of one nature or another on his rise to champion status.  But now, he’ll face a more than capable submission specialist in Wille Thai. 

Thai has only one loss…and only one failure to finish via sub…on his record and that was what some may now look at as a fluke against my own Sacrificial Lamb.  Since that loss four months ago Thai has shrugged it off, and like a good quarterback or pitcher, promptly forgotten about that INT or grapefruit for a dinger and focused on what he does best…winning!  He’s submitted other ground artists.  He’s submitted more than one good striker.  But…can he take over, control and finish a GREAT striker?  Especially one with superb wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu?  We’re going to find out tonight!

If Thai decides to stand and throw hands for much more than just the amount of time it takes to mix it up, create a distraction and get it to the ground, Parker will be more than happy to deliver his special knuckle sandwich, fresh and ready for take-out!  But, as we said, it’s going to be fun to see if our current champ is ready for the challenge of the ground!  Maybe it’ll get there, maybe it won’t…and Parker’s strategy may partially determine that…and a little luck!

This is going to be a stellar striker versus grappler battle, eh Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Parker via TKO (Strikes)

Here’s the thing, this pick is actually going out on a limb…which is strange to say when you’re talking about the current, successfully defending to date, champ!  But, Thai has a granite chin and other than the loss to Lamb, which some could question if that was just a lucky “punchers chance” and happened late in the fight after Thai had a lot of chances on the ground, he’s never been finished.  Not on the feet, not on the ground, not at all outside that one time.  He’s the one who’s done the finishing and Parker is going to be truly tested if this gets to the ground early or if the fight stretches out.  Go get em boys, let’s get it on!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Great, fantastic action all set up and ready to go over at The Bridge in Sydney this evening!  I’m thrilled that so many of our fans will be able to be there for this one, with some HUGE things on the line in so  many of these fights tonight. I’m set.  Donkey’s set.  We’re all set.  Are you?  Be there and we’ll see you there too!

Till then…don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 3