PLEASE MIKE DO NOT ADD MIAMI

gwad12345

3 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Isn't most of the cities already ghost towns? Hilo, Sydney, St Petes, Toyko and Helsinki are basically all dead. 

Adding more would just make a the game look dead. If anything they need to remove certain cities and put them into more to make the game look more active rather than less. I'm not against re-naming the pre-existing cities but adding more just seems wack. 

strongly disagree.

and spread the cities. anticipate growth. you ever run into a traffic jam and think, "why the fuck did they not anticipate population growth and make this 4 lanes 20+ years ago?"

let's just think like that here and not be a negative nancy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

strongly disagree.

and spread the cities. anticipate growth. you ever run into a traffic jam and think, "why the fuck did they not anticipate population growth and make this 4 lanes 20+ years ago?"

let's just think like that here and not be a negative nancy.

Yeah, then again that is just a normal thing in this world. The population grows. Then again in the real world it would take months/years to build a new lane. It might take Mike a day or two to put in the new cities. I have also went through towns and cities which are basically ghost towns with boarded up shops and not a lot of people there and just drove on past, never giving a second thought to stopping. 

You talk about how you can check city rankings. The 80th manager in NY has been inactive since 2019. You go further than that and you have a ton of one and done players etc. In Hilo you don't even need to go past the top 20. It really isn't a good look. 

You give the impression that the city is a vibrant city with a lot of life then people tend to go there and stay. 

6 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Yeah, then again that is just a normal thing in this world. The population grows. Then again in the real world it would take months/years to build a new lane. It might take Mike a day or two to put in the new cities. I have also went through towns and cities which are basically ghost towns with boarded up shops and not a lot of people there and just drove on past, never giving a second thought to stopping. 

You talk about how you can check city rankings. The 80th manager in NY has been inactive since 2019. You go further than that and you have a ton of one and done players etc. In Hilo you don't even need to go past the top 20. It really isn't a good look. 

This is why Hilo needs to go and be replaced with Miami

8YIDsur.png

Please Mike Miami. We need Miami

Plz Mike MIAMI!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Isn't most of the cities already ghost towns? Hilo, Sydney, St Petes, Toyko and Helsinki are basically all dead. 

Adding more would just make a the game look dead. If anything they need to remove certain cities and put them into more to make the game look more active rather than less. I'm not against re-naming the pre-existing cities but adding more just seems wack. 

Game has more active users when it has been in the last three years in record time. I guess because the game is more centralized and mangers are more selective of where their project fighters are then in the past.

The cities still matter as flavor and because of gyms/nutrition companies, and also (as much as anything) different time zones for fights to take place.

I think the different time zones are fun, and having the fights take place at different times probably prevents what would be a huge spike in server load.  If fights all took place at the same time, we'd probably be waiting half an hour for them to complete.  It's just also more fun to have fight results coming in at different times of the day/night whatever your local time is.

I don't think we should expand the number of cities much unless there's a big expansion in the number of users, though; and I think time zones should be the key to driving any expansion to any new cities, and likewise in whether to remove any.  Replacing Hilo with Miami would be awful, just because it adds a third city to Eastern time while taking away a city from Hawaiian time, which is far in time from any other time zone in the game.

And Miami shouldn't be added, either.  Any city added should add a time zone.  Preferably it would add a time zone in between St. Petersburg and Tokyo, a large gap between played time zones, which is why Dubai or a South African city are worth considering (if South Africa is east of St. Petersburg's time zone).  Dallas or Chicago at least add a time zone we don't have in Central Time USA, though it's just one hour from a time zone with two cities, so it's a lesser gain but is something.  Miami would just add a third city to a time zone that already has two.

But at most one city should be added, and if one is Miami is an awful choice.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bynum said:

The cities still matter as flavor and because of gyms/nutrition companies, and also (as much as anything) different time zones for fights to take place.

I think the different time zones are fun, and having the fights take place at different times probably prevents what would be a huge spike in server load.  If fights all took place at the same time, we'd probably be waiting half an hour for them to complete.  It's just also more fun to have fight results coming in at different times of the day/night whatever your local time is.

I don't think we should expand the number of cities much unless there's a big expansion in the number of users, though; and I think time zones should be the key to driving any expansion to any new cities, and likewise in whether to remove any.  Replacing Hilo with Miami would be awful, just because it adds a third city to Eastern time while taking away a city from Hawaiian time, which is far in time from any other time zone in the game.

And Miami shouldn't be added, either.  Any city added should add a time zone.  Preferably it would add a time zone in between St. Petersburg and Tokyo, a large gap between played time zones, which is why Dubai or a South African city are worth considering (if South Africa is east of St. Petersburg's time zone).  Dallas or Chicago at least add a time zone we don't have in Central Time USA, though it's just one hour from a time zone with two cities, so it's a lesser gain but is something.  Miami would just add a third city to a time zone that already has two.

But at most one city should be added, and if one is Miami is an awful choice.

Wrong. We need Miami

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

Game has more active users when it has been in the last three years in record time. I guess because the game is more centralized and mangers are more selective of where their project fighters are then in the past.

Nah man, the accounts I looked at had been stone dead for the past 2 years.

This guy - https://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=127850 is #80 in NYC. 

This guy - https://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=122950 is in the top 20 in Hilo

Both accounts were one and dones. 

Didn't Mike years ago say that if you log into his betting thing that it counts on MMATycoon also? I might be talking shite with that one but I vaguely remember something like that or it might be if you create an account on there then you create an account on here. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Nah man, the accounts I looked at had been stone dead for the past 2 years.

This guy - https://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=127850 is #80 in NYC. 

This guy - https://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=122950 is in the top 20 in Hilo

Both accounts were one and dones. 

Didn't Mike years ago say that if you log into his betting thing that it counts on MMATycoon also? I might be talking shite with that one but I vaguely remember something like that or it might be if you create an account on there then you create an account on here. 

No idea but I'll take your word or it. However that changes nothing. IF MMA Tycoon Bets affected the online count then, it still affects it now. The total count nowadays is 900+ online. I have played this game everyday since June 18th 2019. The game was only between 500-700 or so players a day then. Their were a lot more companies then though. KT was way more active as well. However the reason why there was so many companies in my opinion is because every ID you would see people open up like 20-30 new organizations or so. Most of which dissolved but some remained. Nowadays it is more centralized and it is survival of the fittest. Most ID's don't last very long at all. The owners with more experience, is more active in forums, has good logos, tourneys, etc+ is more likely to get all the good fighters. 

17 minutes ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

The total count nowadays is 900+ online. I have played this game everyday since June 18th 2019. The game was only between 500-700 or so players a day then. 

No it isn't. It's roughly 420 online per day these days. It says on the front page of the site. I see it everytime I log on and it bums me out. 

I'm not going to insult you with some smart ass remark but I will just say that I think you are very wrong if you believe this game is more active as of late 2021 than it was back in 2019. I started playing again in 2017 and the drop in player base from then to now has been significant. 

You can if you wish (as I have myself) be a sad fuck and go through the manage pyramid tables and there you can get a rough idea of how many active managers play this game. I think you will be surprised and saddened at the result. 

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy as I love this game. It's just the way it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

No it isn't. It's roughly 420 online per day these days. It says on the front page of the site. I see it everytime I log on and it bums me out. 

I'm not going to insult you with some smart ass remark but I will just say that I think you are very wrong if you believe this game is more active as of late 2021 than it was back in 2019. I started playing again in 2017 and the drop in player base from then to now has been significant. 

You can if you wish (as I have myself) be a sad fuck and go through the manage pyramid tables and there you can get a rough idea of how many active managers play this game. I think you will be surprised and saddened at the result. 

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy as I love this game. It's just the way it is. 

I'll look into it and I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. However look on the bright side. This is the best era of project fighters and competition is stiff.  I think it is way more fun than back then. 

On 11/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, ArtieBanks said:

It counts both sites in the last 24 hours, per what I remember

On 11/22/2021 at 3:57 AM, Mentor said:

I say remove all locations, they are a useless pain in the ass worth nothing. All they do is confuse people and add extra costs to travel and energy loss. 

In a way yes, but then we should also eliminate fighter bank accounts and just have managers getting paid 100% of the fighters pay since eliminating locations would also take away the games few remaining ways to launder money (private jets and so would firstly make private jets as a money sink useless -which a lot of people sunk their money into and would piss off this pretty substantial group of managers - and then would leave only laundering through companies and manager transfers)

So honestly, not worth it to remove locations. It's not really that important the whole locations thing since recent updates but it also complicates things to take locations out.

5 hours ago, Lefty said:

In a way yes, but then we should also eliminate fighter bank accounts and just have managers getting paid 100% of the fighters pay since eliminating locations would also take away the games few remaining ways to launder money (private jets and so would firstly make private jets as a money sink useless -which a lot of people sunk their money into and would piss off this pretty substantial group of managers - and then would leave only laundering through companies and manager transfers)

So honestly, not worth it to remove locations. It's not really that important the whole locations thing since recent updates but it also complicates things to take locations out.

Hasn't money laundering through jets already been removed?

• Upvote 1