Nominations: Unrestricted Org of the Year 2021

saklain

I'm gonna chuck a nomination in for IXF. I know it's an Island org, but every single week they had posters, they had a successful PPV model in a 3k arena, they had a hell of a roster and were brutal competition to face. If they get any bonus points, the entirety of the League of Leagues tournament is happening in that org with the same owner too.

• Like 1

Syn gotta win this one for the Thanos level p4p rank grab. one point had like 50% of the fighters inside top 100 p4p and most of the top 10 p4p or something insane. Suckerpunch probably the legit #2. If Syn was slacking on write ups and posters I'd probably say a flip of a coin. hare been doing write ups all year long iirc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, Icon73 said:

When did I cheat? Funny for a guy who got SUPER offended when I thought maybe your buddy cheated you love to talk out your fucking ass about me and my org and the shit I do.

Did I hurt you?

'An org that cheated'

I didn't say anything about you. You were the one that grassed in your own org for cheating to which kudos but it still stands that it gained its unfair advantage from cheating and therefor I couldn't vote for it. It is org of the year after all, not person of the year. 

You were the one that mentioned the unfeasible contracts. 

'Then I got the org and thats when shit was suuuuper sus. Guys were getting contracts for 500k/70k/70k and there were ranked 1800p4p. Horrible deals and just an insanely high payroll that made no sense.'

The org should have went bankrupt with Supernova. 

'I started looking into syns old events. He had like an 8 show period losing MILLIONS of dollars. One of them being supernova where he lost I think about 15 million.'

Technically the org shouldn't exist without the cheating. You add them together and it doesn't make good reading for org of the year. Yes you have done some good things with it but it doesn't outweigh the bad done prior sadly. If it wasn't for the cheating i'd have voted for Syn without a shadow of a doubt - it would have been well deserved. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

'An org that cheated'

I didn't say anything about you. You were the one that grassed in your own org for cheating to which kudos but it still stands that it gained its unfair advantage from cheating and therefor I couldn't vote for it. It is org of the year after all, not person of the year. 

You were the one that mentioned the unfeasible contracts. 

'Then I got the org and thats when shit was suuuuper sus. Guys were getting contracts for 500k/70k/70k and there were ranked 1800p4p. Horrible deals and just an insanely high payroll that made no sense.'

The org should have went bankrupt with Supernova. 

'I started looking into syns old events. He had like an 8 show period losing MILLIONS of dollars. One of them being supernova where he lost I think about 15 million.'

Technically the org shouldn't exist without the cheating. You add them together and it doesn't make good reading for org of the year. Yes you have done some good things with it but it doesn't outweigh the bad done prior sadly. If it wasn't for the cheating i'd have voted for Syn without a shadow of a doubt - it would have been well deserved. 

tbf what syn was able to do AFTER the "cheating" fiasco, merging the PFC rosters (RIP PFC) is milestone setting. post money glitch, accumulation of top talent is second to none regardless of state of the market.

and not only org nominated here to benefit from free money ;)

syn will win this award this year, easily.

to each his own though.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Rambo said:

tbf what syn was able to do AFTER the "cheating" fiasco, merging the PFC rosters (RIP PFC) is milestone setting. post money glitch, accumulation of top talent is second to none regardless of state of the market.

and not only org nominated here to benefit from free money ;)

syn will win this award this year, easily.

to each his own though.

Not really, it wasn't the same when Mentor got hammered for using a multi. He lost a few guys from his roster, his merger with NGF went down the tubes and there was a hefty financial penalty placed on the org along with a nerf on org hype/ppv hype. Syn to the best of my knowledge got left unscathed - not only that but as much as Icon dumped the money Chuck gave him he benefited from around 20mil in booked arenas. 

Out of curiosity who was the other org? 

Yeah it is each to their own. Icon seemed to think I had some sort of vendetta against him when in reality outside of his 'I train with GSP' rant from last time he was in the game I have no fucking clue who he is. I just gave him my reasons, none of which are personal against him. As I said he has done well with the org. 

10 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Not really, it wasn't the same when Mentor got hammered for using a multi. He lost a few guys from his roster, his merger with NGF went down the tubes and there was a hefty financial penalty placed on the org along with a nerf on org hype/ppv hype. Syn to the best of my knowledge got left unscathed - not only that but as much as Icon dumped the money Chuck gave him he benefited from around 20mil in booked arenas. 

Out of curiosity who was the other org? 

Yeah it is each to their own. Icon seemed to think I had some sort of vendetta against him when in reality outside of his 'I train with GSP' rant from last time he was in the game I have no fucking clue who he is. I just gave him my reasons, none of which are personal against him. As I said he has done well with the org. 

Lol at you bringing up something I said from when I was literally 12 years old.

Funny enough I have trained with him and had fights since then but the fact that you this cared to bring that up is really funny.

I literally admitted I was just a kid who started training around that time and was lying. But again though.... 12 years old.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 7:01 PM, Icon73 said:

Lol at you bringing up something I said from when I was literally 12 years old.

Funny enough I have trained with him and had fights since then but the fact that you this cared to bring that up is really funny.

I literally admitted I was just a kid who started training around that time and was lying. But again though.... 12 years old.

It was actually the only thing I could remember about you or who you were - we used to laugh about it years after it happened in chat. We all knew you were just some stupid kid talking out your ass but you just kept going and going with it. In all honestly it is a top 10 thread on the forums for me. Congrats on actually following through on what you said you wanted to do though. 

You seem to think I have it out for you when I really don't. I just think that an org that cheated should never prosper - once again nothing against what you have done with it. 

I do get what Artie is saying in general. I think it just comes across as a slight on Stacks because he's the owner of Syn, but realistically he's had Syn for what, half the year? So that's half a year of of cheating prior to him and there's entire events of Chuck facing his own guys against each other and stuff and it all happened in 2021. It sounds like K Stacks has absolutely smashed it out the park as the owner, so that should be captured in the CEO Of The Year Section. But I think it's kind of hard to fully forget what Syn's previous management did as the org is the org and the owners are themselves.

19 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I do get what Artie is saying in general. I think it just comes across as a slight on Stacks because he's the owner of Syn, but realistically he's had Syn for what, half the year? So that's half a year of of cheating prior to him and there's entire events of Chuck facing his own guys against each other and stuff and it all happened in 2021. It sounds like K Stacks has absolutely smashed it out the park as the owner, so that should be captured in the CEO Of The Year Section. But I think it's kind of hard to fully forget what Syn's previous management did as the org is the org and the owners are themselves.

39 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

It was actually the only thing I could remember about you or who you were - we used to laugh about it years after it happened in chat. We all knew you were just some stupid kid talking out your ass but you just kept going and going with it. In all honestly it is a top 10 thread on the forums for me. Congrats on actually following through on what you said you wanted to do though. 

You seem to think I have it out for you when I really don't. I just think that an org that cheated should never prosper - once again nothing against what you have done with it. 

Well then fair enough, my mistake on misinterpreting it.

One thing I will say though is that the orgs cheating hurt it when I had it not helped (sans the arenas like you mentioned). I had it for 7 months this year. Literally nobody wanted it because they all figured the contracts were so bad and the roster was so thin that the org was essentially dead in the water. I guess what I did qualifies more for CEO of the year like Callum is saying.

This year I took SMASH from a a top 10 org who was losing money on events to top 3 and successful PPV draw then merged it with SYN when I took over, revived syn and fixed its financial issues before acquiring the PFC roster and taking SYN to new levels. Its all good stuff but not all of it is contained to one org so its completely understandable if somebody thinks I should be in the CEO discussion but my org removed from of the year discussions due to chuck.

7 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Well then fair enough, my mistake on misinterpreting it.

I mean he did mention some 10 year old shit so not exactly like Artie was being diplomatic haha. But yeah to knock Syn for the first part of the year shouldn't be a knock on you, and realistically it only actually takes 6 months to be the org of the year for people that didn't have any negative experience for the first 6.