2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

36 minutes ago, Rambo said:

there's like 30 awards lol...

fucking christ.

btw @DeadDisney is a real one voting for the GOAT last year. I had to level up this year so the election couldn't be stolen again.

me and the boys we're ready to storm highstreet

See the source image

I calls 'em like a sees 'em. Even if it pains me to do so.

4 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Considering DD told me if I started Highland the entire game would be ruined...

That's a lie. If you're going to put my name in your mouth, then at least get the facts straight. 

And if I had been on the committee, I would have called it straight down the line. I don't like you and I still would have judged Highland by its merits and voted accordingly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Shenanigans! No wonder you wanted to keep your votes quiet. Voting for an alliance mate for tournament of the year. 

Tut tut Disney. Keyboard Warriors and integrity just don't seem to go very well together. 

😅

1 hour ago, DeadDisney said:

That's a lie. If you're going to put my name in your mouth, then at least get the facts straight. 

And if I had been on the committee, I would have called it straight down the line. I don't like you and I still would have judged Highland by its merits and voted accordingly. 

Ahhh so in August 2020 you didn't DM me asking if I wanted to run an org with you, and when I suggested making it a 25+ year old org you said you'd quit the site because Highland Games ruined the rankings forever.

K

• Upvote 1

Nice to see that nothing has changed.

Most of the awards are fairly cut and dry. CK was the clear manager of the year, Kilo was the clear fighter of the year and YABAI were the clear alliance of the year and Kishion for CEO of the year. 

I am surprised to see an ID fighter get 205 fighter of the year but i'm guessing the 'KO King' probably doesn't mind losing it to a guy who went 14-0 with 13 KOs in his career. 

Org of the year was always going to be contentious. It is like yesterdays hall of fame vote. Bonds never got into the hall despite being one of the best baseball players in history - if not the best because he cheated. 

I am really surprised Highland won the restricted org of the year. Highland is a niche org which is really a retirement home from those from the Island. It has always been well run but i'd never consider it an ID org because it has the 25 year old creation tag really limiting the fighters options when it comes to orgs. The other surprising thing is Sucker Punch and Dynasty are hands down two of the best run orgs in the game with some of the best up coming talent going through them. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Ahhh so in August 2020 you didn't DM me asking if I wanted to run an org with you, and when I suggested making it a 25+ year old org you said you'd quit the site because Highland Games ruined the rankings forever.

K

The first post doesn't match the second post. You are very disingenuous. Prove your first post and then we'll talk. Otherwise, I'll just go back to doing me.

2 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Most of the awards are fairly cut and dry. CK was the clear manager of the year, Kilo was the clear fighter of the year and YABAI were the clear alliance of the year and Kishion for CEO of the year. 

I am surprised to see an ID fighter get 205 fighter of the year but i'm guessing the 'KO King' probably doesn't mind losing it to a guy who went 14-0 with 13 KOs in his career. 

Org of the year was always going to be contentious. It is like yesterdays hall of fame vote. Bonds never got into the hall despite being one of the best baseball players in history - if not the best because he cheated. 

I am really surprised Highland won the restricted org of the year. Highland is a niche org which is really a retirement home from those from the Island. It has always been well run but i'd never consider it an ID org because it has the 25 year old creation tag really limiting the fighters options when it comes to orgs. The other surprising thing is Sucker Punch and Dynasty are hands down two of the best run orgs in the game with some of the best up coming talent going through them. 

Thanks for your honest assessment - there’s always gonna be controversy and I put my hands up and apologise on voting for ID fighters for the weight class awards as I wasn’t told the criteria was essentially who has most hype on average across the whole year

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

but what about the pitch forks?

20 hours ago, MasterLeader said:

Thanks for your honest assessment - there’s always gonna be controversy and I put my hands up and apologise on voting for ID fighters for the weight class awards as I wasn’t told the criteria was essentially who has most hype on average across the whole year

There always was but I mean it wasn't as egregious as the first one where one of the voting panel did not know who Jeremy Tonal was (who was fighter of the year by a country mile). 

Recency bias always rears its head in these sort of things. A lot of people look at how a fighter finishes the year rather than how they started it. It is how these things have always been. Most of the time the fighter of x weight class is usually the guy who spent the most time as the #1 in that weight class - although there is no set criteria. 

5 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

There always was but I mean it wasn't as egregious as the first one where one of the voting panel did not know who Jeremy Tonal was (who was fighter of the year by a country mile). 

Recency bias always rears its head in these sort of things. A lot of people look at how a fighter finishes the year rather than how they started it. It is how these things have always been. Most of the time the fighter of x weight class is usually the guy who spent the most time as the #1 in that weight class - although there is no set criteria. 

Lol even I remember Jeremy Tonal!

Yeah if we were doing #1 at end of the year then my fighter Axius would’ve won 135lb award and he didn’t even fight half of the year 😂