Noob Questions

MMATycoon

With a black belt I would estimate (assuming everything else is the perfect conditions) between 40 and 60 sparring sessions (or 8 to 10 weeks).

With blue/white belts it is far more difficult to estimate but 100 to 200 sessions (or 15 to 30 weeks) would not unusual and it could potentially take much longer.

If your interested, two brown belts together will do it in 50 to 80 sessions (or 9 to 14 weeks).

ok thanks

and what happen if i train with 1 brown belt and many white and blue belts?

it takes more time or less?

ok thanks

and what happen if i train with 1 brown belt and many white and blue belts?

it takes more time or less?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10763- scroll down to sparring and it will show you how sparring works.

Basically, if you want to build white/blue belts up you are better training them one on one with your brown belt than all together.

im looking to create a new fighter, i was thinking of doing a boxing/bjj fighter with insane condition then training his physicals up then move on to primaries, is this a good idea or should i scrap it and try something else

Question: I just created a guy at 135 & he's fighting for the title in a few days. The problem is I don't think he'll make weight (I guess I didn't put enough into his cardio during the initial creation). He's just over the 135 limit. If I train his cardio/CT will he be able to loose the last pound in time? I believe he's like 1 or 2 points off from Remarkable. Can he pull it off?

Question: I just created a guy at 135 & he's fighting for the title in a few days. The problem is I don't think he'll make weight (I guess I didn't put enough into his cardio during the initial creation). He's just over the 135 limit. If I train his cardio/CT will he be able to loose the last pound in time? I believe he's like 1 or 2 points off from Remarkable. Can he pull it off?

You could possibly use a weight loss supp.

You won't hit 135 from 148 without Sensational cardio (or very close to it). It seems like you can cut 1/11th of your walking weight with 135 Conditioning; if not, it's a very close approximation.

But unless title fights are more restrictive than regular fights, you have some leeway when you come into the match. CW's guide has a section on weight management; if the display shows he can hit 135.9, he should be safe to fight without an energy hit.

You won't hit 135 from 148 without Sensational cardio (or very close to it). It seems like you can cut 1/11th of your walking weight with 135 Conditioning; if not, it's a very close approximation.

But unless title fights are more restrictive than regular fights, you have some leeway when you come into the match. CW's guide has a section on weight management; if the display shows he can hit 135.9, he should be safe to fight without an energy hit.

Title fights do not appear to be any more restrictive on weight, it has been tried a few times over the last year and no one has suffered a penalty for being at .9 over yet.

for ground and pound, whats a better stick position, half guard or side control (i know full mount is ideal but its difficult to get to)

I stick to side control, less likely to get swept from there.

for ground and pound, whats a better stick position, half guard or side control (i know full mount is ideal but its difficult to get to)

Work your way down like you would expect in a real MMA match.

Full mount ideal for the best damage but remember you can be swept although it is very unusual (or you are a low belt against a high one)

Side control, still effective GnP and there is no chance of submissions or sweeps.

Half guard, can be submitted but very hard.

Full Guard, Triangle territory.

Work your way down like you would expect in a real MMA match.

Full mount ideal for the best damage but remember you can be swept although it is very unusual (or you are a low belt against a high one)

Side control, still effective GnP and there is no chance of submissions or sweeps.

Half guard, can be submitted but very hard.

Full Guard, Triangle territory.

well in his first fight he won via takedown into full mount then ground and pound into a tko, tho it was against almost a purely muay thai fighter

well in his first fight he won via takedown into full mount then ground and pound into a tko, tho it was against almost a purely muay thai fighter

Hope that continues.

As you face better wrestlers you will find that ideal position takes longer to acquire but it can be done, especially if you build your defensive grappling up.

Hope that continues.

As you face better wrestlers you will find that ideal position takes longer to acquire but it can be done, especially if you build your defensive grappling up.

yeah, i was worried at first due to his remarkable mauy thai and then i saw that my fighter had a granite chin so i wasnt as worried, i was planning on increasing his stength because he has decent conditioning, then work his wrestling and boxing up so i can really do some serious ground and pound and hold my own on my feet

yeah, i was worried at first due to his remarkable mauy thai and then i saw that my fighter had a granite chin so i wasnt as worried, i was planning on increasing his stength because he has decent conditioning, then work his wrestling and boxing up so i can really do some serious ground and pound and hold my own on my feet

Probably the best way to go as long as you remember to bring your def grap up afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

A question about sparring - When I first entered the game someone told me that I shouldn't spar the same primary more than 3 times a week or the results of the sparring would greatly diminish, just like back to back sparrings would. Is this true? I can't find any post on this forum that backs this claim up.

A question about sparring - When I first entered the game someone told me that I shouldn't spar the same primary more than 3 times a week or the results of the sparring would greatly diminish, just like back to back sparrings would. Is this true? I can't find any post on this forum that backs this claim up.

This sounds suspiciously like the old advise from the pre-spar change days where sparring the same discipline would result in diminished returns. As long as there is the gap, this is no longer a problem.

This sounds suspiciously like the old advise from the pre-spar change days where sparring the same discipline would result in diminished returns. As long as there is the gap, this is no longer a problem.

Thanks for clearing that up for me CW!

I grabbed a guy off the FA market and he was already contracted to an org, so I figured I'd wrap his contract up. His last fight has been scheduled. If I cut him before the fight, would the org suffer any for him being on the FA market at fight time?

vvv OK, great. Thank you! vvv

I grabbed a guy off the FA market and he was already contracted to an org, so I figured I'd wrap his contract up. His last fight has been scheduled. If I cut him before the fight, would the org suffer any for him being on the FA market at fight time?

No, as long as the fight is booked and you turn of training so he is at 100% energy and makes weight, the org will not suffer in the fight.

ok i had a fighter in an org under contract and the org went under im not complainin or sayin my fighter is owned anything just askin if im under contract and they go under is my fighter entitled to any compensation? or does the contract just become basically void and thats the end of that?

or does the contract just become basically void and thats the end of that?

This is how it goes. I had a guy with a title, and when the org went under, he didn't get to keep his shiny belt even ;__;

If you got paid a $1000 signing bonus on a 4-fight contract, that's like a $250 bonus per fight. But then if you only had two fights, you wound up getting more of a bonus per fight. So maybe that'll make it seem cooler.

This is how it goes. I had a guy with a title, and when the org went under, he didn't get to keep his shiny belt even ;__;

If you got paid a $1000 signing bonus on a 4-fight contract, that's like a $250 bonus per fight. But then if you only had two fights, you wound up getting more of a bonus per fight. So maybe that'll make it seem cooler.

i had a 500 dollar sign bonus and had a 4 fight contract and only had 2 fights