Noob Questions

MMATycoon

A couple noob questions:

Is more aggression during stand-up mean my fighter is more likely to be taken down?

What else is speed good for in addition to takedowns?

Thanks.

It doesn't directly increase your chance of getting taken down, but if you are aggressive, which means that you will try to hit more and by trying to hit more you will most likely to miss more(I throw 10 punches and miss 6; I throw 5 punches and miss 3, well, the first one had more) and for every miss you get, your opponent might counter and a counter-takedown has higher chance of success. Generally, if you are really aggressive, you opponent will have more chance to take advantage of your opening.

For the speed, I will let another manager to answer you because I lack common sense...

Is it worth spending weeks getting conditioning from Sensational to Elite? Is sensational good enough to go 5 rounds? If I stop at Sensational and do 1/2 circuit training sessions a week I guess this will slowly edge up my conditioning towards Elite?

I find it worth it, most people don't. Pretty much anything around Wonderful or above will be godo to go five rounds. 1 CT session a week coupled with a few rest sessions will probably keep your conditioning stable--it won't drop but it won't really increase either.

• 2 weeks later...
Will my fighter improve faster if i spar with 2 brown belts instead of 1 ?

If the two brown belts are exactly the same skill level - No.

Sparring is based on the average of all the fighters you are sparring with, so sparring with two guys who both have 110 in BJJ is no different than sparring with one guy who has 110 in BJJ, as the average is 110 in both cases. If there is a difference in the level between the two brown belts, you'd be better off removing the lesser guy. Of course, the brown belts themselves are better off having the second brown belt involved, as it improves the level of training they will be receiving.

If the two brown belts are exactly the same skill level - No.

Sparring is based on the average of all the fighters you are sparring with, so sparring with two guys who both have 110 in BJJ is no different than sparring with one guy who has 110 in BJJ, as the average is 110 in both cases. If there is a difference in the level between the two brown belts, you'd be better off removing the lesser guy. Of course, the brown belts themselves are better off having the second brown belt involved, as it improves the level of training they will be receiving.

I don't think this is correct. For example:

2 brown belts 110

1 white belt 10

The average = 230/3 = 76

1 brown belt 110

1 white belt 10

The average = 120 / 2 = 60

As you can see the average is better when training with 2 brown belts.

I don't think this is correct. For example:

2 brown belts 110

1 white belt 10

The average = 230/3 = 76

1 brown belt 110

1 white belt 10

The average = 120 / 2 = 60

As you can see the average is better when training with 2 brown belts.

It is only the average of the other fighters involved that determines the training your fighter receives - the fighter himself doesn't matter. So if your fighter is the white belt, it doesn't matter if there are two brown belts of 110 or one brown belt of 110, the white belt will receive the same amount of training in both cases.

The brown belts would like to see the second brown belt involved of course, as it jumps the training they get out of the session from 10 to 60.

It is only the average of the other fighters involved that determines the training your fighter receives - the fighter himself doesn't matter. So if your fighter is the white belt, it doesn't matter if there are two brown belts of 110 or one brown belt of 110, the white belt will receive the same amount of training in both cases.

The brown belts would like to see the second brown belt involved of course, as it jumps the training they get out of the session from 10 to 60.

Actually this has been answered many times before. The training effect of the sparring session is determined by the average of *all* fighters in the session. It isn't determined per fighter excluding them.

The original math posted was correct.

3 fighters training with a combined total of 221 points means a training effect of 73.66 is applied against *each* fighter's current skill level. The white belt receives big quick boosts because his level is low while the "trainers" receive small increases because their current level is high.

2 Browns with a white increase the White faster than a single Brown with a White. I have run this scenario over and over again in a private gym under controlled conditions.

The thing that confuses people is the diminishing returns with increased numbers of "trainers". 2 Browns and not twice as effective as 1 Brown.

1 Brown with a White = 55.5 training effect

while 2 browns with a white = 73.66 only a 18 point improvement.

Adding a 3rd Brown gives you = 82.75 only a 9 point improvement

and so on...

once you get to about 6 browns "training" one white there just isn't an appreciable difference in adding another brown to the mix.

1 on 1 is the best "bang for the buck" but if you can get 2 or 3 on one from a willing and charitable trainer, take it and thank them profusely.

Actually this has been answered many times before. The training effect of the sparring session is determined by the average of *all* fighters in the session. It isn't determined per fighter excluding them.

Since you've tested it, I'll take your word for it, but I've seen it posted many times that it is just the average of the other fighter, as well.

Since you've tested it, I'll take your word for it, but I've seen it posted many times that it is just the average of the other fighter, as well.

It is possible that it is pure perception fallacy on my part.

Next time I have 2 slots open for new projects I will run it side by side and see how it plays out. Will post the results in the forums.

It is possible that it is pure perception fallacy on my part.

Next time I have 2 slots open for new projects I will run it side by side and see how it plays out. Will post the results in the forums.

In my tests the numbers have only made sense if you remove the level of the participant (from your point of view) out. However any chance to compare results has got to improve all our combined understandings of the game

hey guys, just took time to read through all these posts and it helped me with 1 question in finding out how to use supps, but when i went there to try and use them all it said was N/A. I bought energy loss supps and muscle mass supps for all fighters but i havnt used them manually, ne ideas why its saying N/A?

Oh and with the contracts offered from fight orgs, wot does the inactivity clause imply? most of the ones i have got range from 35-45.

Cheers

hey guys, just took time to read through all these posts and it helped me with 1 question in finding out how to use supps, but when i went there to try and use them all it said was N/A. I bought energy loss supps and muscle mass supps for all fighters but i havnt used them manually, ne ideas why its saying N/A?

Oh and with the contracts offered from fight orgs, wot does the inactivity clause imply? most of the ones i have got range from 35-45.

Cheers

if you purchased them in a different city then where your fighter is located it will take 3 days for them to get them

u can only use one supp at a time, and theyre used at 9am and 9pm GMT.

inactivity clause is the amount of days that can pass without being offered a fight, without breach of contract

ah right so the supps would have just been automatically distributed to the guys?

u gotta look in the "possessions" page and see if they have them, then to use it click the appropriate check box then "submit" or "save all", playa

u gotta look in the "possessions" page and see if they have them, then to use it click the appropriate check box then "submit" or "save all", playa

Yeah thats where i went to try and use them but all of them said N/A for some reason? thats why i wondered whether they were used automatically or something cause i have definately not used them manually.

Yeah thats where i went to try and use them but all of them said N/A for some reason? thats why i wondered whether they were used automatically or something cause i have definately not used them manually.

look to see if theyre in transit under ur managers possessions