Noob Questions

MMATycoon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man i was wondering if speed as an attribute effects the stand up game,or is it just for take-downs?If it does effect other things,what are they?

Hey man i was wondering if speed as an attribute effects the stand up game,or is it just for take-downs?If it does effect other things,what are they?

Speed effects all elements of the game, the example on the wiki for all the attributes is an example of one way it effects the game and not a finite list

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, complete noob with a couple of hopefully simple questions.

I've been on here for about 3 hours now messing around lol and seem to have figured out most of the basics now but there are just a couple of things I can't track down.

1. When do the training times take place? I'm sure I read somewhere it was 9pm and 9am, is this correct? Are the times dependant on the fighters location or do they take place at the sametime regardless of where you are?

2. Is there any screens in the game which monitor how the training went? Judging by a couple of my fighters energy levels they must have had their first training session, unfortunately I can't remember what levels they were at etc before the session to know whether or not they have improved. Is there anyway of finding out now or is it a case of monitoring it yourself manually and actually taking note of their levels before they train?

Feel free to pass on any other basic noob tips you have, I've created my fighters, put them all in new Gym's and organised some training schedules and organised a quick fight for two of them to see how they go and set their fight tactics accordingly. Bought a few supplements and even went crazy and bought one lucky guy a new t shirt, anything else I should do for the time being other than just read over the forums etc, don't want to miss anything obvious I should be doing from the start.

Cheers in advance

Dirk

Hi there, complete noob with a couple of hopefully simple questions.

I've been on here for about 3 hours now messing around lol and seem to have figured out most of the basics now but there are just a couple of things I can't track down.

1. When do the training times take place? I'm sure I read somewhere it was 9pm and 9am, is this correct? Are the times dependant on the fighters location or do they take place at the sametime regardless of where you are?

2. Is there any screens in the game which monitor how the training went? Judging by a couple of my fighters energy levels they must have had their first training session, unfortunately I can't remember what levels they were at etc before the session to know whether or not they have improved. Is there anyway of finding out now or is it a case of monitoring it yourself manually and actually taking note of their levels before they train?

Hello, Dirk, welcome to MMATycoon. Enjoy your stay.

1) Training times occur at 10 AM and 10 PM GMT, that's local time in London. They are not dependent on your fighters local times, but rather your real life local time.

2) Unfortunately, not for VIP members of course, the only way for a non VIP member to see specific results of training would be to remember what the skill you're training is prior to training said skill. A friendly suggestion might be to take a screen shot of your skills in order to be able to remember them, or just write them down in MS Word, or WordPad, or just get VIP membership. For simply $10 in US denomination you'll be able to enjoy all the amazing benefits of VIP membership for an astounding 3 full months.

I assure you it's worth every single penny, dime, nickle, and quarter it would take.

Also, I would strongly suggest you hit the noob forum and read all of the sticky posts there.

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, I'll almost certainly get VIP, thought I'd test the waters out first for a day or so, $30 for a year is a bargain looking at how in depth this game is (How I haven't come across it until now I've no idea!)

Do I get any in free in game cash when I purchase VIP, I'd love to take advantage of one of the online bookies for UFC 16 but I have no money at the moment :(

Below are my first 4 fighters I've created (The first two have QFC fights coming up Monday) If any of you vets can see anything obviously wrong with any of them feel free to point it out, or if you want to throw some sponsorship or contracts etc their way be my guest ;)

Oswaldo Sanchez (Amsterdam Based)

Jonny Roberts (Las Vegas Based)

Yoshiro Takanata (London Based

Barry Scott (Tokyo Based)

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, I'll almost certainly get VIP, thought I'd test the waters out first for a day or so, $30 for a year is a bargain looking at how in depth this game is (How I haven't come across it until now I've no idea!)

Do I get any in free in game cash when I purchase VIP, I'd love to take advantage of one of the online bookies for UFC 16 but I have no money at the moment :(

Below are my first 4 fighters I've created (The first two have QFC fights coming up Monday) If any of you vets can see anything obviously wrong with any of them feel free to point it out, or if you want to throw some sponsorship or contracts etc their way be my guest ;)

Oswaldo Sanchez (Amsterdam Based)

Jonny Roberts (Las Vegas Based)

Yoshiro Takanata (London Based

Barry Scott (Tokyo Based)

Managers get 10% cut of all contracts, fighter fees and win bonuses and that is the best way to gain manager money until you go VIP. When you go VIP you can start up a company and earn money that way.

Honestly they are not the best builds but this can be developed. Read this to give yourself a real leg up http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5433

Random Question:

When you buy 2x of clothing (whether shirt or shorts), does it dirty faster/slower than those 1x of quantity? or just the same? thanks

Random Question:

When you buy 2x of clothing (whether shirt or shorts), does it dirty faster/slower than those 1x of quantity? or just the same? thanks

Each item gets dirty at the same rate, but once you toss away the first one, you then have another one which starts at 150 quality.

Question 1: The ability to "outslide" your rival manager come fight night is just as far as the ability/physicals of your fighter isn't? E.g. a proficient fighter (on avg of all his stats) against say a remarkable fighter (on avg) will be a sure loss regardless of preparation slider-wise.

Question 2: It seems forever to pop primaries and secondaries of a non-vip user (like 1-2 pop per week) because of the crowded state of gyms wherever I go. Is it fair to say that only or mostly VIP users are on the upper echelons of the game?

Thanks

Question 1: The ability to "outslide" your rival manager come fight night is just as far as the ability/physicals of your fighter isn't? E.g. a proficient fighter (on avg of all his stats) against say a remarkable fighter (on avg) will be a sure loss regardless of preparation slider-wise.

Question 2: It seems forever to pop primaries and secondaries of a non-vip user (like 1-2 pop per week) because of the crowded state of gyms wherever I go. Is it fair to say that only or mostly VIP users are on the upper echelons of the game?

Thanks

Q1) The game has a certain random element before sliders become a factor anyway so there have been cases of blue belts subbing brown and even black belts and feeble boxers knocking out wonderful ones so there is no guaranteed win in this game.

However, it would be a very rare situation that you are outclassed in each area however if this is the case then it would be very difficult to out slider them. You can however do something they are not expecting and try and expose a weakness in their sliders to gain a decision victory, especially if you can almost equal them in wrestling and you can use a lot of top control which can end in a good decision victory. This has been successful on numerous occasions.

However, in the main, you will have a stat that is higher than your opponents so it is about exploiting their weakness in a fight where you are at a considerable disadvantage, quite often this has been seen with people controlled in the clinch as boxers with an excellent ground game had negated that area and it was used against them.

Q2) Of course VIP users are at the top but it is not nearly exclusively to do with gyms.

Firstly with more fighters, they gain more experience. The more you learn about sliders and how to go about winning the better you get at the game. This experience can not be recreated with all the help in the world.

More fighters also means more hype and so it is easier to rise through the ranks having 10 or 15 fighters allows you to make more mistakes.

Then you add in the extra ways to make money, not only businesses yourself but working for people. The more money, the better things you can afford and the more likely you are to succeed.

If you will choose what kind of fighter/fight you will fight what will you choose, high risk and go for the early KO/Sub thus going for popularity or the slower,technical decision fight?

If you will choose what kind of fighter/fight you will fight what will you choose, high risk and go for the early KO/Sub thus going for popularity or the slower,technical decision fight?

Thats about personnel preference. High risk can be high reward but it can end up crashing and burning!

Does boxing sparring improve striking defense? Anything else?

Boxing sparring will have a primary effect on the punching primary skill and a secondary effect on strike defense and punching as well as several physicals.

Punching and strike defense with a coach that has skills in those areas will also increase boxing and Muay Thai (along with some physicals) as well.