Noob Questions

MMATycoon

On 11/14/2023 at 10:15 AM, donkitrk99 said:

can i transfer money from fighter to fighter?

No, unfortunately not. Only from manager to fighter, and it's one way.

To get money out from your fighter, you will have to engage with laundry services. Essentially you buy lots of products marked up with your fighter, and the shop owner then transfers your manager a portion of those funds back. Keep in mind this is something you will have to pre-arrange with people and there are fees associated with manager to manager transfer (on top of the service/laundry fees)

• 2 weeks later...

When I played a few years back, flying to another city for your fight was pretty tricky - needed the money and time and it hurt morale and energy. I was told its since been updated - flights are automatically arranged and it does not hurt morale or energy. Just wanted to confirm that was the case before I start signing contracts! TIA

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Unkwalker said:

Friends, I bought the VIP a week ago, but until today the VIP has not started to be valid.

Is it normal to take so long?

No that is not normal, I recommend you send a PM to the game owner, this guy to let him know it did not start for you:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=155

Hi all, I have just joined the game and found my way to these forums.  In the game, over to the right in the menu, there is a blue circle with an i in it. When I hover it, it says MMA Tycoon's help site, but when I click on it I cannot access it. I imagine there is useful information within in it for new players to the game?

1 hour ago, JohnHughes said:

Hi all, I have just joined the game and found my way to these forums.  In the game, over to the right in the menu, there is a blue circle with an i in it. When I hover it, it says MMA Tycoon's help site, but when I click on it I cannot access it. I imagine there is useful information within in it for new players to the game?

As of right now that is busted, I've messaged Mike (game creator/owner) to make him aware.

You can however still access the WIki:

https://mmatycoon.fandom.com/wiki/New_Users_Guide

• Upvote 1

I have another question.  What part does strength play when creating a fighter? I have read that for testing purposes a lot of managers create their fighters with 1 strength, as from what I understand if you create your fighter with physicals that are too high, it will cover up other hiddens like granite chin etc.

But surly if your fighter doesn't have enough strength he will be weaker in all areas. He won't punch as hard, he will be weaker when grappling on the ground and be more easily overpowered? Same goes for the clinch I would imagine?

12 minutes ago, JohnHughes said:

I have another question.  What part does strength play when creating a fighter? I have read that for testing purposes a lot of managers create their fighters with 1 strength, as from what I understand if you create your fighter with physicals that are too high, it will cover up other hiddens like granite chin etc.

But surly if your fighter doesn't have enough strength he will be weaker in all areas. He won't punch as hard, he will be weaker when grappling on the ground and be more easily overpowered? Same goes for the clinch I would imagine?

Strength & Cardio are the 2 most important physical stats, you already know the reason why they do a test fight with low Strength but this is also partly because Strength is one of the easiest stats to raise if used with the right supplements.

Once managers have one (or ideally 2 with one from each side of the TOTT) test fight done they will have a semi-reasonable handle on a fighter's hiddens & whether it is worth investing in training them up or not and also a good idea of what kind of build to aim for on that fighter at least initially.

When you start training physical stats depends on how soon you want that fighter to compete, many "projects" do not have any fights for months after their test fight while they are trained up - some managers will do grappling matches with projects to reset tickers to prevent some skill-decline in young fighters while they train them up in preparation for MMA matches, that's because grappling matches do not have energy loss or injuries & cuts, for such Project Fighters they can delay tarining in strength until they are approaching the point the manager wants to have them fight, that;s so as to make the best use of the earlier higher learning speed part of a fighter's life-cycle..

Fighters you want to start fighting with will need to get some strength, example: 25 year old creation you want to fight asap for you'd be looking to train weights a lot until their strength is up around Wonderful (12) or more.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

Strength & Cardio are the 2 most important physical stats, you already know the reason why they do a test fight with low Strength but this is also partly because Strength is one of the easiest stats to raise if used with the right supplements.

Once managers have one (or ideally 2 with one from each side of the TOTT) test fight done they will have a semi-reasonable handle on a fighter's hiddens & whether it is worth investing in training them up or not and also a good idea of what kind of build to aim for on that fighter at least initially.

When you start training physical stats depends on how soon you want that fighter to compete, many "projects" do not have any fights for months after their test fight while they are trained up - some managers will do grappling matches with projects to reset tickers to prevent some skill-decline in young fighters while they train them up in preparation for MMA matches, that's because grappling matches do not have energy loss or injuries & cuts, for such Project Fighters they can delay tarining in strength until they are approaching the point the manager wants to have them fight, that;s so as to make the best use of the earlier higher learning speed part of a fighter's life-cycle..

Fighters you want to start fighting with will need to get some strength, example: 25 year old creation you want to fight asap for you'd be looking to train weights a lot until their strength is up around Wonderful (12) or more.

Thank you very again sir. I commend you for taking the time to help a new player. Your help and advice so far have been a great help!

On 2/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, jjsquirrel said:

No that is not normal, I recommend you send a PM to the game owner, this guy to let him know it did not start for you:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=155

I contacted Mike.
He sent responses, requesting information, but the problem was not resolved.
Should I contact this new guy who is taking over co-management of the game - Vlad?

It becomes much more difficult to adjust the slidebars for fights without being able to see summaries of your opponents' previous fights.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:59 PM, jjsquirrel said:

Mike always solved such issues quickly for both me and all others I heard mentioning it. I don't know how they split things between them now and if it was me I'd probably just message Mike again. He always prioritized payment issues as far as I know.

All right now.

Thanks.

I have 2 questions.

1. How fast can I expect my fighters to grow? Assume my fighters are average speed of growth and training with a max stat coach, if he's level 1, how many training sessions should it take to get to 2? If at 5, how many 'til 6? If at 11, how many til' twelve.

2. How much energy should a workout take? I know it differs depending on what workout you do but let's say a 1on1 session with a trainer on punch technique. If at 100, what should his energy fall to?

19 hours ago, Divinity said:

I have 2 questions.

1. How fast can I expect my fighters to grow? Assume my fighters are average speed of growth and training with a max stat coach, if he's level 1, how many training sessions should it take to get to 2? If at 5, how many 'til 6? If at 11, how many til' twelve.

2. How much energy should a workout take? I know it differs depending on what workout you do but let's say a 1on1 session with a trainer on punch technique. If at 100, what should his energy fall to?

1. The answer to this is not straightforward but is related to "Learning Speed" which dictates the rate at which fighters gain skills, and every year a fighter ages they will lose some learning speed so there is a decline over time in how fast the fighter develops and once they hit a random age between 28 -31 their skill cap will begin to reduce too.

Also the higher the skill gets the slower it becomes to train as it requires more training spent on it to raise it at higher levels, 1-70 is a lot faster than 71-130 & 131-150 takes absolutely ages.

Search the forum for learning speed posts to gain a better handle on this, here's my own response to a question on learning speeds which gives some info ->CLICK THIS<-

2. Some workouts are more energy-sapping than others and this is connected to supplements also. For most workout types you can use energy-reduction supplements to lessen how much energy is expended on that workout, however for Cardio you want to be using Stamina Supplements & for Weight training you want to be using muscle supplements which means they will not be able to benefit from an energy reduction.

However, even with supplements aside, Weights & Cardio traing are the most energy-draining and Cricuit training is not far behind those, there are differences among the other workouts but those are much smaller.

22 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

1. The answer to this is not straightforward but is related to "Learning Speed" which dictates the rate at which fighters gain skills, and every year a fighter ages they will lose some learning speed so there is a decline over time in how fast the fighter develops and once they hit a random age between 28 -31 their skill cap will begin to reduce too.

Also the higher the skill gets the slower it becomes to train as it requires more training spent on it to raise it at higher levels, 1-70 is a lot faster than 71-130 & 131-150 takes absolutely ages.

I'm aware of this. I was more just asking for an estimate based on average learning speed using the parameters I set (max coach, going from 1 to 2, 5 to 6, and 11 to 12, max energy on each workout), sorry if I wasn't clear.

22 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

2. Some workouts are more energy-sapping than others and this is connected to supplements also. For most workout types you can use energy-reduction supplements to lessen how much energy is expended on that workout, however for Cardio you want to be using Stamina Supplements & for Weight training you want to be using muscle supplements which means they will not be able to benefit from an energy reduction.

However, even with supplements aside, Weights & Cardio traing are the most energy-draining and Cricuit training is not far behind those, there are differences among the other workouts but those are much smaller.

Once again, I'm aware of this info. I'm asking if you can provide an estimate for the drop off in energy from 100% if a fighter with 6 conditioning trained in one "Punch Technique" session.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my message, I'll try to be more elaborative next time.

1 hour ago, Divinity said:

I'm aware of this. I was more just asking for an estimate based on average learning speed using the parameters I set (max coach, going from 1 to 2, 5 to 6, and 11 to 12, max energy on each workout), sorry if I wasn't clear.

I usually only select fighters with 6.3 or higher learning speed, considerably above average, and for my fighters in my private gym with Elite coaches and a max of 0-2 other fighters with the same coach fighters keeping their energy at the 90% + Range going from 1-8 in skill it is average about 4 to 5 training sessions per skill point raise.

It begins to slow down after that point and ramps up in amount of training required for pretty much every point of skill raised after that, its a curve that starts shallow at the low end & gets steeper the close you get to 150 basically, like an exponential growth curve but a little flatter at the lower end of the scale.

So beginning with average learning speed you would see slower development than that example, and your fighter would probably struggle to hit the overall skill points cap prior to the age drop-off lowering their skill-point cap.

1 hour ago, Divinity said:

Once again, I'm aware of this info. I'm asking if you can provide an estimate for the drop off in energy from 100% if a fighter with 6 conditioning trained in one "Punch Technique" session.

Depending on the amount of Conditioning a fighter has the energy drop off will be scaled, at 12 conditioning though I could run a non-cardio non-weight regime with 12 secondary or 6 sparring sessions & 6 secondary skill workouts and be over 90% by the end of the week, I can at 14 Conditioning throw in 2 weight sessions or 2 cardio sessions or 2 circuit training sessions and still finish the week on a touch above 90% - I recall that at 8 conditioning a weight session was taking just below 3% of my fighter's energy. At 6 Conditioning a secondary session was just over 1% at 14 conditioing its around 0.6%

• Upvote 1