World Cup of MMAT

Alfred

10 hours ago, Daudy said:

16796209628409.gif

Buck Bolkvadze

"My name is Buck and I like to..."

*nudges him to remind him he's meant to be European Georgian, not the American kind

"I meant to say მე მქვია მამალი და მე მიყვარს კეკლუცობა!"

This gets a like just for the batshit avatar.

I would like to introduce - "The Bhutan Brawler" James Penn

James Penn : MMA Fighter Profile (Manager) (mmatycoon.com) 

• Upvote 1

UPDATE

Into the last week of testing and deciding teams now. Deadline for registering teams and fighters is this coming Sunday (30th April)

It's looking like we'll be able to run a 16 team format which would be perfect. Have about half of the teams signed up in full with some stragglers elsewhere and a couple of last minute sacrificial lambs to fill the gaps. 

Just a reminder about weights as stated from the very beginning. 

135lbs (Must be created at 135lbs and remain there for duration of tournament)

170lbs (Must be created at 170lbs and remain there for duration of tournament)

265lbs+ (Must be created at 300lbs and remain there for duration of tournament)

Ship has sailed for being created at those weights but can still make sure fighters are there come fight time. Pretty sure most are aware now but just in case, a final warning. Any fighter over or under on the day will go down as a maximum point loss. No more Weightgate Willie this time around. 

LIKELY FORMAT

16 Teams

4 Groups of 4 (drawn at random)

Teams face each other once

Top 2 teams per group qualify for knockout stages. Bottom 2 teams per group eliminated.

Knockout stage will consist of

Quarter-Final (4 more teams eliminated)

Semi-Final (4 remaining teams sorted into 3rd Place & Final Match Up)

3rd Place Match (To decide Bronze medallists)

& Final (To decide Gold and Silver medallists)

• Upvote 8

LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGIN!

Welcome to the World Cup of MMAT. Sixteen international teams, some very dubiously created at the last minute, will compete to decide just who is the baddest country when it comes to caged fisticuffs. 

The groups have been drawn and shuffled ten times on challonge.com which everyone can now see as well as each groups fight schedule. I'll post this up on the front page too so everyone can follow more closely without having to go search through the thread with it all. 

I'll be sending out fight offers pretty soon though I'm still waiting on two. One has a fight scheduled for the end of the week so I can't sign him until then and the other one is Scootz who is an autobot now so who knows. 

Just a quick run down of the format again. 

Sixteen teams. 4 Groups of 4. Each fight other once. Top 2 from each group move on to the knockout stages. 

From there it's an 8 team single elimination tournament all the way to a final to decide 1st and 2nd plus a 3rd place match to decide...er...3rd. 

Match wins are decided by a best out of three fights (135lbs, 170lbs & 300lbs) but will also be calculating points to use as a tiebreaker. 

1st Round Finish = 5 Points
2nd Round Finish = 4 Points
3rd Round Finish = 3 Points
Decision Win = 2 Points
Draw = 1 Point
Loss = 0 Points

Any fighter that doesn't accept the fight offer will go down as a forfeit loss which is counted as a maximum point win for opponent.

Write ups to come and as always I'll add anything I've forgotten later on. Any questions, just ask. 

Best of luck to all! (Except Australia, Scotland and Wales. The Yanks can do one as well actually)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, KingofConsent said:

I got told to fight a guy from the USA but he isn’t in my bracket… am I accepting this or no?

If your offer was to fight this guy(https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=395374), then it's correct, even though he has the US as his home country.  I have the SHW for Team USA and my fight offer was correct against Kazakhstan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingofConsent said:

Yeah it’s against him…. I thought this tournament required country representation ?

It is. Either with the fighter directly being from the country or via a little bio explaining why someone from another country would be representing whoever they are representing. Not asking much imo and was stipulated from the start. 

See Belgium's Ryan Gordon for an excellent example of rectifying this situation. Went from Ryan Gordon, USA to what you see before you now. Probably my new favourite fighter in this tournament! Might even offer a 1M prize for best LARPer throughout the tournament. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alfred said:

See Belgium's Ryan Gordon for an excellent example of rectifying this situation. Went from Ryan Gordon, USA to what you see before you now. Probably my new favourite fighter in this tournament! Might even offer a 1M prize for best LARPer throughout the tournament. 

16796209628409.gif

Buck Bolkvadze

"აკურთხეთ გული, ყველანი არ უნდა იყოთ ჭკვიანები, რომ რჩეულებს ასე ადრე არჩევთ!"

(Bless your heart, ya'll musn't be too bright to be choosin' favourites this early!)

WORLD CUP OF MMA

Pre-Tournament Preview

With all teams now fully registered and all fight offer now sent out, it's time to have a quick look at the teams participating and their chances of moving on from the Qualifying Group Stage. 

Group A

Flag: Djibouti on Sony Playstation 13.1 Djibouti

135lbs: Mohamed Ahmed (Freako Wimp - #1 Best)
170lbs: Cuba Gooding (Blue Soyster Cult - #1 Best)
300lbs: Veteran Of The Psychic Wars (Lance Templeton - #1 Best)

The Djiboutian team are looking fairly strong from the start and are in fact the only team that features all former #1 managers. Unfortunately however, one of those managers pays about as much attention to the game these days as Mike does and another pays only about 50% more attention than that. Only one of these top tier managers (Blue Soyster Cult) can be counted amongst the truly engaged and so we better hope that the general apathy that radiates from the others doesn’t rub off on him. His fighter Cuba Gooding (who’s parents were clearly big fans of the movie Jerry McGuire) looks to lead the charge whilst the others are only predicted to do well due to their managers tactical pedigree. 

Expecting Djibouti to qualify out of this group despite almost 100% autobot status

Predicted Group Finish: 2nd
Fighter Watch: Cuba Gooding

Flag: Georgia on Sony Playstation 13.1 Georgia

135lbs: Mikheil Berishvili (Helmans Ted - #25 Best)
170lbs: Buck Bolkvadze (Crazy Horse - #16 Best)
300lbs: Robbie Banks (Scott Bandz - #19 Best)

Hailing from the land of mountains and wine (a seemingly dangerous combination), Team Georgia don’t look half bad going at this point though one small worlder seems to have gotten mixed up with his geography and is also looking like the token anchor. Mikheil Berishvili looks an interesting prospect at 135lbs with his BJJ skills likely to do well against what looks like a predominantly ground based group division but it’s the avatary enough chainsaw wielding 170lber Buck Bolkvadze who is set to steal the show with his Kilo destroying manager Crazy Horse. 

It wouldn’t be entirely surprising to see Georgia make it into the next round but it will really depend on whether they can get a good result against Djibouti. Could be a big ask with autobot Scootz and his once every ten day log ins.

Predicted Group Finish: 3rd
Fighter Watch: Buck Bolkvadze

Flag: Sweden on Sony Playstation 13.1 Sweden

135lbs: Patrik Blix (Pat Sku - #54 Best)
170lbs: Ludvig Eriksson (Biz Zee - #83 Best)
300lbs: Wolfric Dozer (Biz Zee - #83 Best)

On to Sweden now who look to have a couple of decent fighters amongst them though it’s true that super-heavyweight Wolfric Dozer only got started a week before the entry deadline. To make matters worse, manager Biz Zee, who will be in charge of two thirds of the team, hasn’t been seen in almost a week at the time of writing leaving fellow manager Pat Sku in an unwinable situation. Sku’s fighter Patrik Blix is untested at 135lbs leaving 170lb Ludvig Eriksson as the most noticeable prospect out of the three. 

With all that turmoil and the fact the Swedish management team are probably the least experienced in this group, its difficult to see them doing any better than last place in this very tough group. 

*Panic over. Biz Zee came back! 

Predicted Group Finish: 4th
Fighter Watch: Ludvig Erikkson

Flag: Australia on Sony Playstation 13.1 Australia

135lbs: Mick Taylor (P J Jones - #3 Best)
170lbs: Drew Peacock (Billy Arseworth - #1 Best)
300lbs: Ryan Wallaby (Jason Hopson - #70 Best)

Sunnies, Pushees, Bikies, Barbies, you name it and the Aussies have made the word their own (I.e made it sound stupid) Though the sun has weathered their pale convict skin and frazzled their criminal brains, they are, begrudgingly, quite good at sports. This true blue, fair dinkum assortment is no exception and is also about as Aussie as you can get. Featuring former #1 manager Billy Arseworth who hangs around that #1 manager spot like Camara around a playground, he has actually bothered to do some proper recruiting this time and it looks as though its paid off with his granite chinned prospect Drew Peacock at 170lbs. Elsewhere this Australian team looks strong with both their 135lber and 300lber having some good and necessary qualities for their weight class.

Overall I think we’re looking at the Group A winners here and to be honest, hot candidates to take the whole series. 

Predicted Group Finish: 1st
Fighter Watch: Drew Peacock

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5