Org Contract Bug - Being Abused by Managers to Get Signed to Multiple Orgs

HareRumpler

So here are the details on the contract/org signing bug that is actively being abused by a few managers.  Frankly, it makes life as an org owner a pain in the ass because you end up with a fighter signed who can be signed by two, three or whatever orgs as the same time, without having loaned them out.  So now suddenly you're competing with multiple orgs trying to all schedule the fighter for fights which makes matchmaking and planning a friggin' nightmare.

And yes, I know the first thing somebody is going to say is, "Why would you put this out there publicly, now it'll only get worse, should have just reported it so it could be fixed without giving everybody the info they need to do it!"  Well, the answer to that question is that I reported this issue MONTHS ago to Mike, got initial request for more details, provided it along with an example...and then heard crickets.  Then I've reported it two more times over the past few months, as recently as a week or two ago, with detailed information (which I'm going to provide below) and examples, and have gotten ZERO feedback or response.  So, apparently you'll get a response if it involves something that gets $ through paypal, but not something like this that becomes a major headache for the backbone of the game...the org owners!  The answer to why put it out there publicly knowing it'll just make our lives worse?  Because if Mike has every org owner pissed at him, maybe he'll do something about it.  And frankly, I'm just about done with this Mickey Mouse bullshit and ready to just throw in the towel and leave the game.

So here you go...essentially what is more or less happening is that a manager will wait till they've gotten two, three, whatever amount of offers for one of their Free Agents.  Then, they go to the contracts page...and then open that same page over and over in multiple browers/tabs.  Then one by one, they go from one tab to the next accepting the contracts one at a time, one per tab/page.  Since the page was already loaded with the offers, and since Mike's game/application has shit ass error checking, it doesn't validate whether the offer is still valid and legit or not...page is open, it sends the response through, and voila, you're signed to two or three orgs at the same time without having to get loaned out.

Enjoy the chaos folks!

~Hare

P.S.  If you have a fighter/manager who has done this, and you found they were signed to multiple orgs even though you didn't loan them out, but just thought there was some bug or glitch...know that it's not by accident.  The manager did it purposefully with the intention of doing it.  Doesn't happen by chance.  So, they're just being a shit (or in one case, were just helping to test the scenario).

• Upvote 7

This is glitch is very strange to me as I can be guilty of this in one form of it anyway. I picked up a FA a while back and had several contracts offers on the table. For some reason it allowed me to accept each one of them without immediately canceling the rest from the page. So, the smart ass in me said ok let's see what happens when i accept this one as well, same thing still not canceling the rest I ended up accepting 4 of the 5 but declining WVT's pathetic offer. It was fun for a few days, but I did however eventually get it all sorted and stuck with one org that being ENIGMA at the time and having the remaining contracts cancelled. I promise you this is how it worked for me; my thought is its related to A. picking up a FA from the FA list with several Contracts on the table, B. Related to a Loan contract glitch potentially. or both and B. Or C. none of the above and a complete mystery.

So, I was under the impression this was how the glitch worked and have discussed with a few people since then. Also hearing others with similar issues. Just recently though Alfred told me of another way this contract glitch worked, which is the way Hare just explained it and yes, it's a pain in the ass for an org owner.

• Upvote 3

Can confirm I was present and also one of the orgs when Butch went through that glitch, and no way was it the multi-tab method. He was on discord live discussing it with some of us as he kept on accepting more offers to see what happens. So something else clearly wasn't working quite right to allow that to happen as well, but it was no where near as deliberate as the other way you're describing.

Me, being a diligent org owner, I sent him the first fight offer of course hahahahhaa. Then he sorted it out and stuck to one org :(

I thought the bug was related to when an org sends a renegotiation contract to a fighter, he enters free agency, accepts the renegotiation contract while a free agent, and can still accept other contracts that have been sent to him.

I don't think you need to do the tab thing.

Also don't see issue with signing a bunch of contracts if you're willing to accept fight offers from every org you accepted the money from. now if you activate inactivity clause or decline fights but keep the signing bonus, you're being a dick.

Is it inconvenient for org owners? yeah, probably.

(rushes to contract page to open tabs and accept all of Tagnarach Kamara's big money contracts...)

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Also don't see issue with signing a bunch of contracts if you're willing to accept fight offers from every org you accepted the money from. now if you activate inactivity clause or decline fights but keep the signing bonus, you're being a dick.

Is it inconvenient for org owners? yeah, probably.

(rushes to contract page to open tabs and accept all of Tagnarach Kamara's big money contracts...)

Well, there's a number of issues with it actually but the first and foremost being that it's not actually a feature of the game. It's a bug that is exploitable. Most the game would do is allow you do "loan" a fighter to another org but that's at your discretion and a pain in the ass for a few of the same reasons anyway. This is all of that on steroids and I don't blame Hare one bit for being pissed off with it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Well, there's a number of issues with it actually but the first and foremost being that it's not actually a feature of the game. It's a bug that is exploitable. Most the game would do is allow you do "loan" a fighter to another org but that's at your discretion and a pain in the ass for a few of the same reasons anyway. This is all of that on steroids and I don't blame Hare one bit for being pissed off with it.

Bugs must be fixed.

A lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic (“crab”) lice. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription at a local drug store or pharmacy.

#7 ranked manager Jason Phelps is 1-19 in his last 20 fights

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gator001 said:

"#7 ranked manager Jason Phelps is 1-19 in his last 20 fights"

hahahaha wtf???

I was wondering where this guy sounded familiar, and I've just realised he's one of the 5 people who post on buzz constantly in character. His main guy posted 12 times in the last day!

There's no relationship with buzz and hype... right? (Otherwise Skenoj, J Hopson and Helmans all #1 rank)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daudy said:

I was wondering where this guy sounded familiar, and I've just realised he's one of the 5 people who post on buzz constantly in character. His main guy posted 12 times in the last day!

There's no relationship with buzz and hype... right? (Otherwise Skenoj, J Hopson and Helmans all #1 rank)

just found way(s) to gain manager hype with loss

5 hours ago, Daudy said:

not yet, i still have to grind on these noobs to get to the top via buzz

if ranked gets fucked, then there s no reason to still play

13 hours ago, Rambo said:

Bugs must be fixed.

A lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic (“crab”) lice. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription at a local drug store or pharmacy.

#7 ranked manager Jason Phelps is 1-19 in his last 20 fights

"Game's not broken, game's just fine"

Can't make a text based game work properly in 15 years 🤣