STOP SCANDLES -> 2x Bankrupt rule

should be a rule if you bankrupt 2x you are not allowed to open another business.

people are abusing it by opening gyms, getting elite training for their guys and their guys only, and when it goes bankrupt, they re-vip and reopen another gym.

here is 2 people possibly doing it right now(both have records of closed gyms, their gym is exclusive ):

Benjo Hadžija

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=3002

Don King

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=1250

you should make it where you have to have a certain ammount of members in order to hire Elite trainers.

Make a system of sorts that requires something to have elite trainers, maybe a hype rating or something.

Hmm, duly noted. I'll add it to the list. We need to sort out these low capacity gyms in general - maybe make the minimum capacity 25 or something.

seriously this guy has only fought 1x since he joined in 2009-05-22 23:23:44

that fighter lost and he was sacked.

since then there has been a long line of gym system abuse, and possibly more, but since i lack the data you can see i cannot prove more than what is displayed.

01 Jul, 2009 Wednesday - Started a new Premium Gym - Project Kcus Ti

17 Jun, 2009 Wednesday - Started a new Premium Gym - ACE

17 Jun, 2009 Wednesday - Started a new company - ACE

02 Jun, 2009 Tuesday - Started a new Premium Gym - Hadzija Project

02 Jun, 2009 Tuesday - Started a new company - Hadzija Project

his current gym costs well over 15k a week. his fighters pay 51$

some of his fighters are in nice financial status: Bank Balance $2,469.3

I doubt its from "working" and most likely from a funnel.

he has been abusing this shit for a long time, i also assume that this might be a multi account since all it does it train, but thats just assumption.

This guy needs to be banned from touching another company and his account reviewed.

this is an EXPLOIT, and he repeatedly abuses it.

not doing something about this will confirm its ok to do this, whats the deal?

Hmm, duly noted. I'll add it to the list. We need to sort out these low capacity gyms in general - maybe make the minimum capacity 25 or something.

I hope that doesn't happen. I have a very low capacity gym for a friend and myself to experiment. If I have to let in strangers, it would mess up my experiment.

You could set it up where you have to slowly pay off the debt you incurred during your bankruptcy before you can open another business.

Automatically close the business if you're still bankrupt after the 10 days.

Then use the amount of the debt as a timer. You automatically pay off the debt behind the scenes. The amount you pay toward the debt could be based off a lot of stuff ... how long you've been a VIP, your manager record, etc.

Then let the manager decide how much money he wants to pay toward that debt from his own personal bank account. If he wants to open another business soon, he'll pay a higher percentage of his personal money toward paying off the debt.

That should stop a lot of the abuse, but it wouldn't prevent a guy from experimenting with a business. I'd be scared to experiment if I knew I could never open a business after two failed attempts. But paying off a debt over time? I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I like that idea royp777. Seems a fair system! What do you other guys think?

yea sounds good -- and i agree something should be done for the abuse -- especially after a second time -- i can see one business going down but the ones who just keep doing it to help their fighters out is wrong.

Hey, MMA Tycoon ... is there ever gonna be a way to send money between managers? Or is that completely out of the question because of the abusers?

The reason I'm asking is that sending money directly to a manager from the finance page would really open up the kind of deals you could form with other people. You could do all sorts of interesting cross-promotions.

And I'm glad you like the idea. I hope it helps stop a lot of the abuse.

I like that idea royp777. Seems a fair system! What do you other guys think?

My only concern is what happens to the regular fighters who have gotten involved in the second business and the guy can't pay back the debt from the first business on whatever schedule is established. Let's say it's a gym or a fight org. Fighters have signed up for the gym or fight org, and the guy doesn't pay the bills off the first business... and *poof*, now these fighters are left without a gym/org.

Don't get me wrong, I like rules meant to prevent someone from misusing the VIP system... I just see problems with autotmatically closing companies.

With the gym, it could be taken over by the bank and left open while it's put up for sale. If no one buys it in 30 days, it closes.

And with the fight org, your contracts could just be cancelled and you're a free agent again.

In the real world, businesses have to make a profit to stay open. If a manager wants to fund it with their own stash, great. But the business will eventually run out of money unless it turns a profit.

I think the trend is gyms with no coaches. I don't think these guys cheat, probably just guys who wanted a VIP account w/o weekely expenses while they run and lift.

I don't mind this I guess, to each their own. it seems you just need to address multiple businesses. Perhaps just add a cool-down, like sacking a fighter. You can only have one gym every 6 months, one clothing company every 6 months, etc. That means a person can experiment with a company for 90 days, try another for 90 days, and then go back to the first.

I think the trend is gyms with no coaches. I don't think these guys cheat, probably just guys who wanted a VIP account w/o weekely expenses while they run and lift.

I don't mind this I guess, to each their own. it seems you just need to address multiple businesses. Perhaps just add a cool-down, like sacking a fighter. You can only have one gym every 6 months, one clothing company every 6 months, etc. That means a person can experiment with a company for 90 days, try another for 90 days, and then go back to the first.

look the whole system is messed up, i can up my prices to 9000 on Thursday (dropset constantly raises prices days or on day of payday), then sell off my company and strip everyone of their fighters cash. that hasnt been abused to that extreme yet , but its only a matter of time. and technically its just an ethical violation. prices need to be locked and only able to be changed on friday, WITH NOTIFICATION TO GYM MEMBERS OF CHANGE. plan more efficiently...

people with no coaches gyms should not be able to limit it to only their fighters, and gyms should have a base cost per month (RENT/LEASE).

gyms should also have a minimum of 50 people training until the company is debt free + has coaches.

VIP is not for people to open up self gyms and max out their fighters for no in game cost to them. it hurts other VIP's legit gyms especially in small population zones.

VIP is not for people to open up self gyms and max out their fighters for no in game cost to them. it hurts other VIP's legit gyms especially in small population zones

I agree with this one, i think this is very unfair on all the rest, problem is how can this be stopped?

I agree with this one, i think this is very unfair on all the rest, problem is how can this be stopped?

I agree with most of what has been said here. It all comes down to "unfair advantages" - any exploitation of the system to provide your fighters with an advantage over others (and I don't mean strategic - I mean personal gyms, etc), should be outlawed.

As stated above, simply requiring each gym to have a minimum of 50 fighters would probably avoid the personal gym issue.

If I close down my (quite public) gym, then the next thing I'd like to do is either try a fight org, or set up a small gym so that I can get quality sparring without white belts dragging me down. If my guys can afford it why would it be unfair?

There was also talk about limiting the gym fees for gyms without coaches, and I don't know if that was implemented or is still on the table, but I think it's a terrible idea.

As stated above, simply requiring each gym to have a minimum of 50 fighters would probably avoid the personal gym issue.

I disagree. Yes, it is a simple solution, but it is arbitrary and hamfisted. I don't see a problem with making a "personal/small gym" if the gym is financially viable... the real problem is when someone buys and rebuys and rebuys VIP to make gyms they know are money losers because they're trying to buff their fighters.

I'm all about preventing abuse of the system, but let's do it in ways that are not limiting players' freedoms unnecessarily.

should be a rule if you bankrupt 2x you are not allowed to open another business.

people are abusing it by opening gyms, getting elite training for their guys and their guys only, and when it goes bankrupt, they re-vip and reopen another gym.

here is 2 people possibly doing it right now(both have records of closed gyms, their gym is exclusive ):

Benjo Hadžija

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=3002

Don King

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman....php?MgrID=1250

Er the bottom one is mine, how am i abusing the system? i have a small gym were i can guarantee myself good quality/clean equiptment and control who my guys spar with im in no debt an i dont see wtf its got to do with you what im doing when ive broke no rules. you concentrate on running your own gym and stop being a little butthurt crybaby.#

p.s i agree about the other gym though :rolleyes:

Er the bottom one is mine, how am i abusing the system? i have a small gym were i can guarantee myself good quality/clean equiptment and control who my guys spar with im in no debt an i dont see wtf its got to do with you what im doing when ive broke no rules. you concentrate on running your own gym and stop being a little butthurt crybaby.#

p.s i agree about the other gym though :rolleyes:

as long as you can afford it and not go bankrupt again. i cant tell your full financial records thus why i said:

"2 people possibly doing it right now(both have records of closed gyms, their gym is exclusive ):

butthurt crybaby??(makes no sense, as you have no business/relations/etc competitive to me atm or in the past)

crimping down on exploiters, yes. trying to improve this game I like, yes.

just not sure how some of your fighters can pay for it(you just raised prices no?, to stop the gym from going bankrupt?) with your

Bank Balance $1.10

and guys looked like they were made just for sparring, and dont have contracts but have nice cash.

Mike Tycoon could verified the DB transactions, not me, if I could I would be able to say more than Possibly.

i also don't see what the big deal is.

regarding shaking up local economies in the short run...so what? this kind of stuff happens in real life too, and other businesses have to adjust. similarly, that business that has done things unrealistically will either be sustainable or not. i'm totally against implementing price floors, price celings, and the number of times a person can start a business. this is a tycoon game right? we should have minimum rules and let the markets show us what will work and what will not.

shutting down a business that stays in the red & having to payoff loans before starting a new business sounds like a reasonable solution. if the manager doesn't have funds to pay off a closed business, then just transfer the debt to the manager, puting the manager's bank account into a negative balance, and have any additional income go towards paying off that negative balance. additionally, there would be no need to strip anyone of vip status this way.

i also don't see what the big deal is.

regarding shaking up local economies in the short run...so what? this kind of stuff happens in real life too, and other businesses have to adjust. similarly, that business that has done things unrealistically will either be sustainable or not. i'm totally against implementing price floors, price celings, and the number of times a person can start a business. this is a tycoon game right? we should have minimum rules and let the markets show us what will work and what will not.

shutting down a business that stays in the red & having to payoff loans before starting a new business sounds like a reasonable solution. if the manager doesn't have funds to pay off a closed business, then just transfer the debt to the manager, puting the manager's bank account into a negative balance, and have any additional income go towards paying off that negative balance. additionally, there would be no need to strip anyone of vip status this way.

i think stripping VIP was the initial way to try and stop people from doing this, but thats not effective enough, but yeah i agree in total, as long as people are responsible for the costs in the long run(pay off bankruptcy) and its not advantageous for everyone to open a gym to only their own fighters and not have to pay crap for it.

right now people are getting away with not having to pay for their debts, and that is not good, it hurts the economy, and the players. as the abusers are getting unfair advantages.

i think stripping VIP was the initial way to try and stop people from doing this, but thats not effective enough, but yeah i agree in total, as long as people are responsible for the costs in the long run(pay off bankruptcy) and its not advantageous for everyone to open a gym to only their own fighters and not have to pay crap for it.

right now people are getting away with not having to pay for their debts, and that is not good, it hurts the economy, and the players. as the abusers are getting unfair advantages.

but they pay in the real life with their credit card. :smile_anim: lol.

but seriously, i'm ok with accountability for debt in the game. maybe its different elsewhere, but when someone files bankruptcy in the u.s., they really do get to start over brand new...the only tricky part is getting financed because their creditworthiness is damaged. that's why i suggested in another thread that the penalty be related to ability of getting a loan to fund a new business. i think i suggested a period where they cant get a loan at all followed by a period where the amount of the loan is reduced and/or the interest rate is higher.

but yeah if stripping vip isnt working, maybe try something else...

but they pay in the real life with their credit card. :smile_anim: lol.

but seriously, i'm ok with accountability for debt in the game. maybe its different elsewhere, but when someone files bankruptcy in the u.s., they really do get to start over brand new...the only tricky part is getting financed because their creditworthiness is damaged. that's why i suggested in another thread that the penalty be related to ability of getting a loan to fund a new business. i think i suggested a period where they cant get a loan at all followed by a period where the amount of the loan is reduced and/or the interest rate is higher.

but yeah if stripping vip isnt working, maybe try something else...

I don't actually think that's true any more...