a note to mike tycoon

Honestly I'd be all for shorter game years (and increased learning speed to sorta make up for it) if injury times were shorter and running several events a week were a viable thing for orgs. Right now the entire game is paced around 12/13 weeks and would have to change drastically to support 8.

• Upvote 1

For the most part, this threads' been handled very well, so thanks for the input.

Now obviously, just a quick note regarding some of the over the top hyperbole. If you're "riding this game to the death" BankRupt, good, because you'll be here a long, long time. And edwardsfan, "disgusting"? Really necessary? :P

Anyway, look, no doubt things can be improved. I have absolutely no problem changing the way things work and that happens through well thought out community threads like this. Eds suggests I go back and be a noob because I'm out of touch with noobs. I don't have time to be in touch with any level of the game and never have. I don't actually play this game and never have, because there isn't enough time. I honestly don't even properly set my sliders for any of my fights or set their training properly. Point being, I only know and hear about trends when I see stuff like this or just talk to people in general.

So please remember that this entire game is literally just me. Every single thing that's ever been implemented or designed, was just me. I have one programmer hired full time but he only ever does stuff I pass on to him and explain all the logic. So take that into account whenever you get annoyed that something hasn't been rectified as soon as you mention it etc etc. Just look at the improvements forum and note there are probably 2 days worth of work added every day.

My day tends to be about 50% reading mail and sorting out issues, 30% reading forums etc like this and 20% time to do actual development.

Regarding training speed. I have no problem editing the curve speed. I think cutting the game week to 8 weeks is too much though. People were talking about 2 real years reach they reach 30... yeah, from 18. Nobody's forcing you to make an 18 year old and new managers can easily make a couple of 25 year olds if they want to compete at a higher level, early on.

Edwardsfan's initial post has plenty of merit but also made a football chant/taunt pop into my head... one that I'm unfortunately very familiar with as a Nottingham Forest fan. "You used to be famous, you're not anymore". When everyone started at the same time, there was that initial race filled with lofty goals and excitement, where anyone could aim to be top manager and there was no status quo. If you choose to throw away your position at the top and start back down at the bottom, the goals of being a mid-tier champion is far less exciting than it would be to a manager brand new to the game. If you used to be a top org champion, who gives a shit if you win your first title in a tin-pot org that nobody's heard of? If you've never won a big title though, any belt is exciting the fist time you win it.

Obviously, some new managers are never going to be happy to only be mid tier champion and will want to compete at the top fairly quickly. Sorry but there's absolutely no way to do that and maintain a stable game of this type.

My instinct is that we can speed up the bottom end training a bit. However, I don't want to cut the game year under 10 weeks. A lot of people, I think, will tend to go through one big cycle from creation to retirement. Speed up the cycle and you get to the end quicker, then people end up leaving quicker.

Fight engine wise, I can literally just dial up / down counters with one number so it's not a problem to change stuff. It would need a pretty definitive consensus to make me do that though. You're more than welcome to keep discussing that here or elsewhere and PM me when you have some info for me to look at. Again, I don't have time to do any of this stuff myself if you want me to keep bringing in game improvements, so I need a calm and sensible approach to the discussion... and patience all round.

Another quick note, I'd tried to have a bit of time where I was working maybe 50%, to regain a bit of energy as I was totally burnt out after the last lot of fight engine and training changes, that took 4 months of solid work. Whenever I have a bit of time off, people aways get a bit restless because of the lack of big updates to talk about, so we always get one of these big threads, which usually go far too over the top. If we can stop the threads going over the top and keep them sensible then they can be really motivational and get me back into the groove, ready to do some hard graft on the game again. If they get silly though, they're extremely demoralizing. So far this one's been good, barring a few silly comments, so let's keep it that way.

So in general, if there's anything that needs improving, please try and get a consensus amongst yourself, then PM me with a summary of what's been discussed. I can then step in, take a couple of hours to read through the thread and see what I think.

• Upvote 15

I'm glad Mike replied. It's good to know that he is readingthis and isn't against a change. And I also would like to thank Mike. You’vedone an awesome job with this game and I’ll continue to play as long as I can.

As for playing withsliders, nobody will ever be happy. It's either going to be too much counter ortoo much aggression unless it's set at 50/50 and then everyone will know thebest technique.

Honestly I feel that between two fighters with the EXACTsame hiddens, 60% aggro and 40% counter should be the best strategy. To explainmy reasoning, the more aggressive fighter typically walks the other fighterbackwards around the cage. Now that in real life is considered CONTROLLING thecenter of the cage which is in a small way counted as ring control. Now I say60% aggro because that keeps the fighter honest. If you go too much aggro thecounter fighter will land better shots and you’ll get KTFO. Now that on an evenplaying field with all even hiddens. I realize that shoots down all theAnderson Silva wannabe’s and it should. There is only one Anderson Silva andwhy? That’s because of what we call hiddens.

Anderson Silva has AMAZING reflexes, intelligence, experience,heart, chin, confidence and KO power. He’s a hidden god as far as MMATycoon isconcerned. So in order to be able to go largely towards counter and be verysuccessful I think you need to pull off Anderson Silva type hiddens. That’s mypiece as far as the sliders go.

As far as training speed and speeding up weeks and all that,I don’t really have a great idea. The only thing I can really think of that I’dlike to see is it go back to how it was around the 120k ID range for startingspeed and slow down around the top. I think being able to get every primary toexceptional by the time your 24 is crazy. Aside from Jon Jones, who could youreally consider IRL exceptional in all areas of MMA? It’s crazy. But like Isaid, I don’t know what to do other than speed up lower and slow downdrastically at the higher levels.

So to sum it up, I think counter/aggression is a slider thatcould be taken right out of the game and based on hiddens, since that isn’t aviable option I would rather see it SLIGHTLY geared toward aggression as whenit comes to scoring, control of the cage is scored highly.

Thanks Mike. Im hoping to ride for a long time. Not so sure though lol We will see.

I do know if you leave it to a consensus nothing will get done around here lol Maybe you can hire some monkeys with typewriters and see if they can type up some changes before we all agree on stuff. :)

• Downvote 1

Revitalizing the Development group might help that. Quite a few guys have left the game and some new blood might help

I would be interested to help throw ideas around, im pretty good at that. though programming not so much

Revitalizing the Development group might help that. Quite a few guys have left the game and some new blood might help

i have actually started to post in there few times lately but then close it out without posting cause just didnt think it would go anywhere -- plus i know mike had a boat load of stuff on the plate and was waiting to hear if he was ready to start on other things now -- also mike glad to hear your input -- like you i think game time is okay even if you drop to 10 weeks but wouldnt want to see it drop any more than that -- i do think training needs speed up little bit -- maybe not to where it was but more than now -- as for tickers i would speed those up also if you make changes to learning speed -- as for the game dying post i dont think it is -- this game isnt for everyone this has always been known -- myself i will probably be here till death do us part -- some want or like a faster game and others like the long term part -- you can never make everyone happy -- as for edfans post i do somewhat see his point but also see and know like you say he was use to the top of the food chain -- as others have posted they are loving the game as they build up -- for someone that has been there i could see how it would discourage them -- i do think counter needs looked at again and would like to catch you in chat sometime to see a few test fights -- chat has actually been a great place here lately again -- anyway keep up the great work -- :notworthy:

I'll happily fill the void our dear friend Invictus left (being useless and complaining is what I need to do from what I've heard).

If it goes back to "skills, skills, skills" it's not going to help new managers that much either. New managers can't afford too much private training, and one-on-one is unheard of in the public sector unless you catch an odd session here or there.

Sparring get nerfed and any manager could create sparbots ,that's my main issue with the training changes.

I thought about the game as a whole, and it would be best to make the game go a little faster, drastically speed up training (which will make everybody happier and make training relevant again), kick in a bad decline when they get older. This will allow for everybody to be on the same playing field from start to finish. The game is way too slow to appeal to new users, hell I don't create projects anymore and can't stand training. It doesn't budge. Training used to be lots of fun for everybody, but was too fast because of how slow this game is. There is nothing wrong with 12 months = to 6 in game years. At the rate we're at now, I think my fighters will average over 100+ fights before they retire.

I think this guy has a point, for me, when I started the game, the most exciting part was to check the assistant after every training session. Now its just a pain in the ass, I might have two or three days in a row with 0 pops. Also, all the top fighters from back then are still up and kicking, I wouldn't mind that "Retire" -hidden that would kick in somewhere between 30 and 40, IRL time for fighters career being maximum of 3 to 4 years. Training could be fast from 18 to 22, then a bit slower, until at 30 it would be pretty much be done and the tickers would kick in hard. Some fighters could make it to the 40's, 95% wouldn't.

That's pretty much the things I would like to see changed, a bit faster pace, especially in early stages of fighters career, then hard decline and/or retirement.

Also, maybe a "Cozad-town" for new players, no orgs or good gyms, just a place where new fighters would start, maybe have their first QFC's, so there wouldn't be these project monsters waiting in QFC-line, then move to "real" cities to continue their career's. Or something like that.

• Upvote 3

and he is nowhere near quad sensational... ;)

generaly, its suprising, but the idea of speeding things up isnt that bad.

But, the problem is, as with most text based games, that theres less of newcomers, and old ones have like anything they could ever get and theres problem...

Think about it. UFC video game rates him as an overall 95, Anderson Silva a 93. It goes up to 99 or 100, 99-100 would be quad elite primaries. It's okay for fighters to hit double elite or quad sensational. In a sped up system, when they hit their 30's they'll start to decline so they'll hit their decline quicker than they are now.

Mike - 10 weeks is an improvement, but 8 weeks per in game year would be better because of the increase in training you could implement. That entertains everybody on all levels of the game. I bet a lot more people would be satisfied in public gyms if they seen pops happening in training too. Of course elite private gyms would still have advantage, but that's how games are and that's how things work IRL. Everybody has a chance to get to that same level. You can always change it back man - and if anything it'll retire some of these beast that " nobody can possibely catch up to in the new system".

I think you overestimate the "get to the end quicker" theory, because how many people make a roster full of fighters and keep every single one of them for 2-4 IRL years (keep in mind game is only 3 years old and thousands and thousands of fighters have been recycled, cut, retired) before cutting them and creating a new fighter? Most rosters have a variety of ages ranging from 18-32 as it is right now and fighters wouldn't retire in waves/cycles together. You might have one guy retire in March because he was 36-40 or even if you have two guys retire in the same month, you'll have 8-13 other fighters on your roster. When fighters retired you'll prolly have a handful of 18-24 year old up and comers because you couldn't handle the chinless/no confidence/slow as dirt learning/pillow fister fighter that this game gives us at random times and cut him long before his retirement age. People hold on to fighters for a year+ before they cut them. Under an 8 week system holding on to a fighter created at 18 for a whole year would make him 24 years old. You create 10 fighters all 18, how many of them are you gonna cut for being cans on their road to retirement? I'd say at least 5 get cut before 3-4 IRL years. 3-4 years. The average relationship last a few months, the average marriage doesn't even last that long. People would be more encouraged to keep fighters on their roster just so they retire and enter their alumni, trying to keep a fighter on your roster before he retires is more than a long term commitment, it's like asking you to marry them, seriously, 5-7 year careers at the current rate? By the time we die, we'll remember the names of our fighters and forget the names of our family, friends, and children.

Jon Jones = Quad Sensational fighter at 24 years old. That's RARE and not everybody can do that. Best fighter on my roster is 26 and Elite/Exceptional/Exceptional/Purple.

I think entering a random retirement hidden would be a great addition too. It could be rated from 1-150. 1 and if made at 18 retires when he's 30 or if made at 25 he retires at 37, and 150 being if made at 18 he'll retire at 45... and I just don't think fighters should be fighting much longer than 45 regardless of what age they were made lol but that's all up to you. I do think it would be great for the game.

People would be more encouraged to keep fighters on their roster just so they retire and enter their alumni, trying to keep a fighter on your roster before he retires is more than a long term commitment, it's like asking you to marry them, seriously, 5-7 year careers at the current rate? By the time we die, we'll remember the names of our fighters and forget the names of our family, friends, and children.

I think entering a random retirement hidden would be a great addition too. It could be rated from 1-150. 1 and if made at 18 retires when he's 30 or if made at 25 he retires at 37, and 150 being if made at 18 he'll retire at 45... and I just don't think fighters should be fighting much longer than 45 regardless of what age they were made lol but that's all up to you. I do think it would be great for the game.

on first part no one is forcing you to keep or cut any fighter -- not really sure what you mean or trying to explain unless you just dont want to cut a fighter and have the chance someone pick them up -- im guessing thats what you mean with it you rather them retire with you instead of you finally cutting them

second part im not sure about a force retirement hidden maybe more like a stop learning or something similar hidden -- myself if you want to be a don frye or ken shamrock and fight way past your prime and learning time or when you should of retired then so be it -- with a shorter trigger system the older you get or even chin decay eventually manager will get tired and cut them on his own -- unless like i said above you dont want to cut them you just want them retired period -- other than that i dont see a reason for it

People keep talking about their fighters not declining at whatever age or skill level. I disagree.

My fighters are declining and some are declining fast. I have more than one fighter who goes red after 4 training sessions. I am not having nearly as much trouble maintaining fighters, BUT advancing skills at the top levels is very difficult for all but one of my fighters. I dont know what is different about that guy.

On my pops list it is common to have more red than green. The other day i had 16 negative pops and 4 positive. Most of that is because I have been turning newly retired guys into spar bots and letting their off skills slide. Why did i retire them? Their chins seem to have given out. How many guys have fighters whose chins have just decided they dont like to be hit in the last few months? I have a few. Decline is most definately happening for me and I am trying to transition. Now I have that fight song in my head, thanks Mike.

On the other side of my roster are the new fighters. Some of them are pre 130k ID and are fun to train still, BUT the newer ones just seem to train extremely slowly. I had been holding off on creating new ones because the 120-130k id's are going to dominate for a little longer. Due to the training slow down it's going to take the 150-160k id longer to catch up. When that cleans out it will be an even playing field again, UNLESS it gets morphed again in which case we might as well just shit can every fighter created in the interim.

• Upvote 1

People keep talking about their fighters not declining at whatever age or skill level. I disagree.

My fighters are declining and some are declining fast. I have more than one fighter who goes red after 4 training sessions. I am not having nearly as much trouble maintaining fighters, BUT advancing skills at the top levels is very difficult for all but one of my fighters. I dont know what is different about that guy.

i agree here -- i have several fighters that have decline and not learning because im basically just maintaining them -- now straight stand up fighters are really easy to maintain for most part fighters like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=103732 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=116182 are pieces of cake and have no worries maintaining them -- which is the kind of fighter here mainly which is why most dont have problems -- but fighters like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=16218 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=63718 are a bitch to maintain and basically cant im just deciding what skill to let decline -- bottom line pure stand up fighters are easy as hell really

• Upvote 1

i agree here -- i have several fighters that have decline and not learning because im basically just maintaining them -- now straight stand up fighters are really easy to maintain for most part fighters like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=103732 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=116182 are pieces of cake and have no worries maintaining them -- which is the kind of fighter here mainly which is why most dont have problems -- but fighters like http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=16218 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=63718 are a bitch to maintain and basically cant im just deciding what skill to let decline -- bottom line pure stand up fighters are easy as hell really

That's it right there. You cant have elite boxing and elite wrestling without a huge headache but Elite boxing with Elite Muay Thai is easy.

War Machines Wrestling ticker is about a half an inch... but the ladies love it :smile_anim:

On my pops list it is common to have more red than green. The other day i had 16 negative pops and 4 positive. Most of that is because I have been turning newly retired guys into spar bots and letting their off skills slide. Why did i retire them? Their chins seem to have given out. How many guys have fighters whose chins have just decided they dont like to be hit in the last few months? I have a few. Decline is most definately happening for me and I am trying to transition. Now I have that fight song in my head, thanks Mike.

On the other side of my roster are the new fighters. Some of them are pre 130k ID and are fun to train still, BUT the newer ones just seem to train extremely slowly. I had been holding off on creating new ones because the 120-130k id's are going to dominate for a little longer. Due to the training slow down it's going to take the 150-160k id longer to catch up. When that cleans out it will be an even playing field again, UNLESS it gets morphed again in which case we might as well just shit can every fighter created in the interim.

i agree here -- i have several fighters that have decline and not learning because im basically just maintaining them -- now straight stand up fighters are really easy to maintain for most part fighters like http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=103732 and http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=116182 are pieces of cake and have no worries maintaining them -- which is the kind of fighter here mainly which is why most dont have problems -- but fighters like http://www.mmatycoon...r.php?FID=16218 and http://www.mmatycoon...r.php?FID=63718 are a bitch to maintain and basically cant im just deciding what skill to let decline -- bottom line pure stand up fighters are easy as hell really

I know it might suck for you both and others in the same situation (I don't have fighters that are being affected as bad as yours but there are a couple that are close so I'm well prepared and happy to tackle it when it happens) but for the longevity of the game, it's actually a good thing....

If you look at both learning speed and tickers as a whole - they both need to work together.

With the slightly slower learning speeds it's means it will take slightly longer before maintence becomes an issue as fighters will age before they reach the higher skill points for decline to take affect, with tickers sped up to the original settings then those that are above those levels will decline quicker bringing the skill levels down. This balances everything out and acheives the intention of the changes (to bring the overall skill levels of fighters down slightly and also stops the God mode like fighters).

The issue of those fighters that are within that range which is probably more like 100K-130K being too dominate for too long again with an increase to ticker speed it won't take as (long real life years) for those to be brought back into line with fighters created after them of course there will be some overlap but it will be significantly shorter time frame than what we are looking at now.

The other thing to consider in amongst all this is that if all fighters are having trouble reaching higher skill levels and maintaining them in all aspects of the game you could actually start to see more specialised builds - (yes there will be a stack of strikers as they are the easiest to build and maintain at high levels) but that does mean there may be opportunities for those managers who are willing to take a bit of a risk at creation to build fighters to counter them.

@miketycoon

i think you misquoted me. i said that i was disgusted with the way that my fighters look after 6 months training. not that i think the game is disgusting

as far as a reply, im not real sure what i want to say with this post? so honestly im just gonna type....one thing that im pretty certain of, is that this game goes in cycles. whether it's one off cycles where ppl go through one time and then quit, or continuous cycles where ppl hang around til there board, is up for debate. i understand where you're coming from though. it's probly logical to assume that ppl will only "play through once". that's probly correct. most ppl will not quit a game, lose their progress, and then start over again. i know that if im playing a playstation game for instance, and im 2/3's the way through and the power goes off and i lose all my progress, then i probly wont go back through again. because once i've invested the time and effort into it, it's hard to get "up" for it enough to go through it again.....but im not certain that this game falls into that same category?

i actually see it as two separate options at work here. under the current scenario, it takes a long time to develop fighters. we all can agree to that. so what happens because of that, is pretty much every manager is gonna have a core group of fighters that they'll have their time invested in, and those are the ones that they'll ride through the game. and on ocassion, they'll create new ones. but the core group is what their longevity in the game will most likely be based upon. that's what they are gonna "go through" the game with. so essentially their lifespan within the game is going to fall upon the success of those particular fighters. if those "core" fighters are successful, and have long lived careers, then most likely, so will the manager. i think that's accurate to assume. usually the more success a person has, the longer they'll hang around.

as an example of that, i use my real life brother. me and him started this game at the exact same time. but we ultimately chose to play two different ways. he chose to hold onto his "core" fighters which he had a lot of time invested. where as me, i was constantly recycling fighters, optimistic of landing a great one. but the point i want to make is that my brother held onto his initial fighters for the duration of his time in mmatycoon. his eggs were in that basket. so yes, essentially, he was playing a "once through" style of game that lasted only as long as the success of his fighters -- i asked him one time why he didnt sack some of his older guys that werent the greatest and create new ones? he simply answered that he didnt have the time to invest into it again. he'd fell trapped to a "once through" game....my game was different. my stable was diverse. a collection of both young AND old fighters. i was set up to play a "continuous" style of play. i could retire an old fighter but still play at the top. because i would have a younger guy that would be ready to cycle into his place. it's a strategy that has no end and would always keep me involved in the thick of the game. i could essentially stop playing the game when *I SEE FIT. not when the game dictates it to me. because i would never be left without competitive fighters.

in my opinion, that's the way i believe every person should strive to play this game. in my opinion mike, that's the way you should strive to have the game set up. you should have things in place to ENCOURAGE fighter creation. ENCOURAGE ppl to drop an old fighter for the chance to create a new one. ENCOURAGE ppl to have stables of fighters compiled of both young AND old. by doing that alone, you'll essentially cycle the older fighters out of the game, and newer ones in. providing optimism and new thrill for the older player and oppurtunity and gratification for the new player. thus propelling them into the game at an accelerated rate, and giving the older players something vibrant and refreshing to always look forward to.....but instead, in my opinion currently, the slowness of the game, and the slowness of the creation process for new fighters, it's so prolonged, that nobody wants to create new fighters. it just takes too long to get any reward from it, and i honestly feel like, most ppl will be ending up just like my brother....once gone through one time, unwilling to re-invest

• Upvote 1

Think about it. UFC video game rates him as an overall 95, Anderson Silva a 93. It goes up to 99 or 100, 99-100 would be quad elite primaries. It's okay for fighters to hit double elite or quad sensational. In a sped up system, when they hit their 30's they'll start to decline so they'll hit their decline quicker than they are now.

honestly, ufc game is not an oracle, the 'fighter talent' is rather debatable by fans mostly, and honestly, i would not agree with the numbers you present. In my opinion he is far from 4*sensational, very far... (id doesny change thats hes great fighter thought) It may be ok to have double elite or quad sensational. But not for every manager, or tens or hundreds of fighters but for couple guys in the whole game. The problem is, that theoreticaly anybody can have fighter with amazing learning speed. Even now, when the training had been slower, but you can sack fighters faster, and basically hunt new ones down as long as you will come upon someone who can have up to 150 learning hidden.

I think this guy has a point, for me, when I started the game, the most exciting part was to check the assistant after every training session. Now its just a pain in the ass

especially, your fighters are all 18 yo, like in the past and developing from useless or feeble stats... right? not right. your guys mostly have high, or decent stats, and thats why it doesnt pop as frequently as it was before (even considering the changes that slowed things down).

honestly, ufc game is not an oracle, the 'fighter talent' is rather debatable by fans mostly, and honestly, i would not agree with the numbers you present. In my opinion he is far from 4*sensational, very far... (id doesny change thats hes great fighter thought) It may be ok to have double elite or quad sensational. But not for every manager, or tens or hundreds of fighters but for couple guys in the whole game. The problem is, that theoreticaly anybody can have fighter with amazing learning speed. Even now, when the training had been slower, but you can sack fighters faster, and basically hunt new ones down as long as you will come upon someone who can have up to 150 learning hidden.

especially, your fighters are all 18 yo, like in the past and developing from useless or feeble stats... right? not right. your guys mostly have high, or decent stats, and thats why it doesnt pop as frequently as it was before (even considering the changes that slowed things down).

I don't even like Jon Jones but hard could you argue that he's not "quad sensational" ? That doesn't mean he has sensational punches or all sensational secondaries, but primary wise, definitely a quad sensational fighter. Just like Anderson Silva is a double elite, if not triple elite (Boxing/MT/BJJ). Jon Jones has good stand up, great Muay Thai (kicks/elbows/knees), better wrestling, and submitted Lyoto Machida. Worst case/stat scenario Jon Jones is Sensational/Sensational/Sensational/Wonderful and still, only 24 years old.

There's dozens of people that would want to see the max fighter career be 24 months, I think it makes total sense but it's a bit drastic change from where we're at now. Doesn't make sense for it to be this long, even at a max fighter career of 2 IRL years, THAT's a LONG time. You don't think it is? Go sit in a cell for 2 years. Go sit in a cell for 6 months. A LOT can change in 6 months.

I'm proposing an 8 week / 1 in game year plan that gives us 6 in game years for every 1 year IRL. Random retirement hidden - it's realistic. There's no "retirement" button for your fighters. The way the game is right now, fighters are just gonna be past around like old barn yard hookers at an old school ho-down in Texas. If I have a fighter on my roster for 3-4 IRL years. He should retire with me because he's stayed on my roster longer than any house I've ever lived in as an adult, longer than any relationship I've ever been in, longer than any game I've EVER played consecutively, and I'm sure a good majority of the people that play this game can agree with this. I shouldn't have to hold on to a fighter for 5-6 IRL years before he retires. We need a fighter alumni, a seperate place for fighters that retire naturally and not because they were unwanted on the free agent market. I think increasing it to 8 weeks is the best option, and even 10 weeks is that much of an improvement. This should encourage more fighters to fight every 2-3 weeks and I believe that all fighters should be fighting every 2-3 weeks. Also with these changes, it would increase training speed that much more, which will allow us to see some improvement in between fights. Adding that random retirement hidden will eventually counter those "need more training time" or multi accounts that just train, train, train, for the people who think they can just train their fighter for months or a year without fighting. When their quad sensational 10-0 fighter retires at 30 years old, they'll prolly realize they fucked up by training him too much instead of fighting, especially when declines hits harder with age. + there's no way to test a retirement hidden so it adds an element of surprise. if your fighters random retirement hidden activates when a fight is scheduled, you could get a fighter message (that everybody wishes they got more of) "Hey boss I think I'm gonna hang it up after this last fight. I've had a long career and I just want to spend the rest of my life with my family." and there's dozens of ways to write retirement speaches. You know how much positive energy it'll prolly bring? How many "in honor of" post will be made? How many people will feel the need to do a write up about the career of their newly retired veteran they've been through thick and thin with for the last 2-4 IRL years?

Try 8-10 weeks. I understand a big problem with 8 weeks is the average fighter fights every 3 weeks. But I think that reflects the average IRL fighter who prolly fights twice a year.

This reply is scrambled nonsense, I'll make a thread with a more well thought out process breaking down the numbers and everybody can vote what they'd like if the want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Part of the issue here, though, is in the examples you are citing. It is absolutely right that fighters like the latter two (especially a 16k ID fighter) will be running into more difficulties in maintaining their skills as they are older and have (I assume) taken more punishment re injuries during the course of their careers. That is a sign that what Mike designed is working.

Add to the mix that those two older guys have very high primaries (I guess they also have similar secondaries and physicals), and it again makes sense that they should be having to work hard to maintain their skills as their primaries must surely exceed the 82-83% guide that Mike gave as being where maintenance becomes so much more difficult if you exceed it.

[My connection is running very slowly, so not looked at the two younger fighters you have linked, but I would guess that their skills are not so strong, although of course you would have had access to better training throughout their careers, so I could understand if their skills were still on a par with the older ones. However, their age and injuries will surely give them a far better place to combat maintenance from.]