Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

Can we please get a message or something saying tickers are going to kick in? My grandma passed away and for about 3 weeks I wasn't able to log on and do much but check PM's. I came back to find not only had tickers been activated for a fighter but he had about 6 de-pops and almost every skill on this game was deep into the red despite training sparring 6 times a week, secondaries 4 times a week and physicals 2 times a week. Granted, secondaries I typically have all 4 set onto one of them, so I would understand if a secondary or two de-popped.

I understand we don't want insanely skilled fighters but at the same time to punish people who have to go through a brief period of inactivity? And i know, there's vacation mode, but everything that was already in the red stays in the red and keeps declining so that's not even an excuse that works in this instance. Once tickers activated, most of it already started in the red so it would have just made it worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Mike messing with the tickers again? I've had 8 declines in skills (of past 20 listed). It seemed to happen beginning this week. A fighter of mine was training General CT, and he went down in Agility.

Ugh.... Less maintenance the better .

• Upvote 2

Is Mike messing with the tickers again? I've had 8 declines in skills (of past 20 listed). It seemed to happen beginning this week. A fighter of mine was training General CT, and he went down in Agility.

Ugh.... Less maintenance the better .

Yeah, my tickers are and have been going ape shit. We were just talkin about this recently in alliance chat.

If you're gettin rid of them you should do everybody a favor and turn these damn things off or slow them down. A month of relaxation would be nice. Watching fighters depop every day is not good for morale. Holiday mode pauses your tickers, so if you have let's say 4 stats in red, they're paused in the red zone there til holiday mode runs out.

Umm.. That's exactly what holiday mode does.. It much the same as your tickers freezing 4 sessions before fights,

I think people smoke to much pot if they think tickers have been behaving any differently over the last few months - Did people even bother to think that over the last couple of months your fighters have gone further and futher over the point of where tickers kicked in - therefore they become harder and harder to maintain....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When you are in Holiday mode is when you should be blast training those areas in the red. It is your chance to get them down before they cause depops. It will not magically reset your tickers for you. Getting a fight will reset all tickers... Well not getting a fight, but actually fighting will. But tickers in the red should be relatively easy to remedy while you are on Holiday mode.

• Downvote 1

When you are in Holiday mode is when you should be blast training those areas in the red. It is your chance to get them down before they cause depops. It will not magically reset your tickers for you. Getting a fight will reset all tickers... Well not getting a fight, but actually fighting will. But tickers in the red should be relatively easy to remedy while you are on Holiday mode.

No that's not quite the case - the ones in red are frozen and therefore you will not get any de-pops, they do not reduce through training only a fight during holiday mode will reset the tickers.

Oh... I was under the impression that you could still train them down while in holiday mode. Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

I may actually eat my words on that one - just doing a test to make sure I'm not seeing things - but it does actually seem you can train your tickers down during holiday mode. Which seems to be a contradiction to any other time tickers are frozen.

I thought that was part of the point of it, though... I think I remember when now that I think of it that I did use a few days of holiday mode to get a few tickers under control before also. I think Mike even mentioned it having that benefit... I hardly think it is broken, though. You only have 14 days of that per year... if you have a lot of guys in the red then those fourteen days will only be good if used sparingly to get on top of things every once in a while. Some fighters tickers kick in rather quickly and if you let them get ahead of you you will probably have a hard time keeping up... which of course was the point of tickers in the first place.

Lot's of people have demonstrated that it is far easier to handle tickers and even improve skills despite this though which shows that tickers never had the desired effect, but did aggravate a lot of people due to the amount of time it took to deal with them. I never found it that hard to keep up on them, but then again I didn't have the monsters that a lot of the old guard do. I had a few depops happen when I wasn't staying on top of things like I should have been, but they were really simple to get back up. One or two sessions and they were good.

It also took me not too terribly long to figure out settings where I could arrange my training to almost never have to worry about going into the red. Again, my fighters were not then nor are they now that skilled that it was a problem. Presumably more skilled fighters would have posed more issues.

I was not around pre-ticker era, but I do know that since the tickers only affect fighters whose total skill points exceed 75% of max now, though, that I don't need to maintain any of my guys at all. A few are getting close to that mark, but aren't there yet. It has been much more enjoyable not having to worry about depops and the like.