Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

• 5 months later...

Knees already do a heap of damage..

Too hard to land at an elite level against someone who has no knowledge of knees....

Also, in real life fighters like Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are deadly with knees AND elbows in the clinch whereas on this game youre an idiot if you have both and most fighters have neither

Too hard to land at an elite level against someone who has no knowledge of knees....

Also, in real life fighters like Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are deadly with knees AND elbows in the clinch whereas on this game youre an idiot if you have both and most fighters have neither

I would agree, absolutely no reason to have both elbows and knees together and neither do a whole lot really. Dirty boxing is the best in the clinch it seems like

Ive had a fight landing a total of 29 knees and one with 41 knees before rocking and finishing the opponent... the 29 knees resulted in me dominating 2 rounds and coming out of the corner in the 3rd round and getting KOed in 14 seconds. In addition, I was 10 primary skill levels higher than my opponent at the time in wrestling and outstruck him 38 - 3 in the clinch (where all but about 20 seconds of the fight was spent) and still was 40% more tired than my opponent. Im sure after 12 knees to the body by a spectacular KO artist you wouldnt have that much more energy than your opponent.

I think my fellow tycooners should accept that knees and elbows should do a bit more damage in the clinch instead of rejecting this change since their fighter doesnt have any

• Upvote 2

And one solid punch or kick can change fight too..

I think knees and elbows are skills that you need to have a lot natural power to really use them with success.

In mmatycoon you may land 100 kicks, punches, knees etc. And still not do any real damage. You need to have KO power if you want to do damage against guy who can take hit.

Im not really saying that knees and elbows are super good, If Mike would add little accuracy it would be fine for me.

I just want that fighters that have good hiddens and skills could be able to fight in clinch against fighter that have knees or elbows.. Those two skills shouldnt be automatic win at clinch..

I never said punches or kicks couldnt change a fight... they do here on tycoon.. But ONE knee or Elbow does not change a fight in this game, i understand most fight changing strikes based on clinch are on the break but we dont have that here. At an elite level most fighters dont even have knees or elbows so that shows that something needs to be done (mosts likely on a small scale)

I never said punches or kicks couldnt change a fight... they do here on tycoon.. But ONE knee or Elbow does not change a fight in this game, i understand most fight changing strikes based on clinch are on the break but we dont have that here. At an elite level most fighters dont even have knees or elbows so that shows that something needs to be done (mosts likely on a small scale)

He's right. I've had fights where I've landed 50 knees to body and seen no energy reduction. 50 body punches outside would have left the opponent gasping for breath. Occaisionally, a knee head will rock an opponent, but seeing as how rarely they land, it isn't very often that the destructive power of knee head is rewarded properly. I think elbows are ok, but knees seem underpowered IMO.

For the record, I think that Knees+Elbows should be one skill, not two. I think having these skills seperate is what unbalances the game.

Edit: I said "50 knees" when the truth is 20 or 30 maybe. I blame the "exaggeration juice" I was drinking :)

In my opinion...

The clinch in this game is something not right.. It seems like it is a way too powerful tool for finishing. I have watched UFC for a long time and it takes me a while to think of people finishing from the clinch, of course Silva comes to mind.

The clinch seems to just be.. Unnatural compared to real MMA. The Muay Thai aspect seems weak and the wrestling aspect seems too wrong. It should be much easier to break the clinch even with not much skill, especially from a dominant position. The Thai clinch should make strikes much stronger... at the cost of it being easier to escape from. The double underhooks should make punches less effective but at the reward of it being harder to escape from.

He's right. I've had fights where I've landed 50 knees to body and seen no energy reduction. 50 body punches outside would have left the opponent gasping for breath. Occaisionally, a knee head will rock an opponent, but seeing as how rarely they land, it isn't very often that the destructive power of knee head is rewarded properly. I think elbows are ok, but knees seem underpowered IMO.

For the record, I think that Knees+Elbows should be one skill, not two. I think having these skills seperate is what unbalances the game.

Yes, punches to the body own the clinch game. Knees tire you out more than the victim receiving them

It would seem to me (probably totally incorrectly) that a major issue here is what can be expected from a knee to the body (which could be furthered to the clinch as a whole).

In the thai clinch, one or two knees can and will down a fighter. Certainly 5 or 6 unanswered blows would leave a fighter gasping for air. At the same time, a fighter who has double underhooks could probably knee his opponent 100 times and would tire himself out rather than really effect the other fighter. It is a rather daft move from that position as it is totally ineffective.

To balance these different aspects is nigh on impossible with the current arrangement. To truly satisfy everyone, the clinch would need a ground game like "Stick Position" and "advancement" that would allow fighters to be more controlling or more action orientated. This would also offer interesting different advantages of being a wrestler/MT clinch guy over a MT/Wrestler cinch guy.

However that is a far more drastic change to the game which I imagine would take a lot of coding.

It would seem to me (probably totally incorrectly) that a major issue here is what can be expected from a knee to the body (which could be furthered to the clinch as a whole).

In the thai clinch, one or two knees can and will down a fighter. Certainly 5 or 6 unanswered blows would leave a fighter gasping for air. At the same time, a fighter who has double underhooks could probably knee his opponent 100 times and would tire himself out rather than really effect the other fighter. It is a rather daft move from that position as it is totally ineffective.

To balance these different aspects is nigh on impossible with the current arrangement. To truly satisfy everyone, the clinch would need a ground game like "Stick Position" and "advancement" that would allow fighters to be more controlling or more action orientated. This would also offer interesting different advantages of being a wrestler/MT clinch guy over a MT/Wrestler cinch guy.

However that is a far more drastic change to the game which I imagine would take a lot of coding.

This is a fair assessment, i was considering mentioning that a while back but realized it would just get shot down like any other simulation/slider or skill based idea

• 2 weeks later...

I think knees to body need to do more damage. Much more. While knees to head remain the same, so it's all balanced. I haven't seen a fighter in real life that wants to work the body, gets into clinch and starts arm punching the body. Knees should be the way to go for that.

Also, we're waiting for Knees to the legs in the clinch!!! Maybe that would balance the clinch game, because elbows IMO are okay, we just need to make knees better and this could give us opportunities to slow wrestlers down in the clinch!!!