Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

Yeah, it's clinchwork. Anything related to the clinch is affected by clinchwork.

Damn, a couple of my fighters have some major work to do in the upcoming weeks. Good to know

Damn, a couple of my fighters have some major work to do in the upcoming weeks. Good to know

You should look into getting a mentor, they can really help you out with things like this. You can learn all this stuff on your own over time but it would be much quicker and less painful to have a solid veteran to turn to.

You should look into getting a mentor, they can really help you out with things like this. You can learn all this stuff on your own over time but it would be much quicker and less painful to have a solid veteran to turn to.

I don't mind learning from mistakes and reading up when I have questions. I've been pretty successful, so far, I think. That being said, my competition has increased lately, so I expect my winning percentage to suffer a bit

• 2 months later...

The percentage of real MMA fights that end by doctor's decision due to a cut is nowhere near the rate it is happening in this game. 3 of my last 4 fights have ended in cuts. 2 of them busted open with the first elbow that landed in a clinch. There is absolutely no reason for an elbow to almost automatically open a cut upon landing. Things are getting unrealistic. I hope this is just a bad week of coincidences and not what the future holds for this game.

EDIT:

It was 3 different fighters (2 lost and 1 won). I'll chalk it up to coincidence. Just an annoying week of fights.

The percentage of real MMA fights that end by doctor's decision due to a cut is nowhere near the rate it is happening in this game. 3 of my last 4 fights have ended in cuts. 2 of them busted open with the first elbow that landed in a clinch. There is absolutely no reason for an elbow to almost automatically open a cut upon landing. Things are getting unrealistic. I hope this is just a bad week of coincidences and not what the future holds for this game.

I've only had one fight finish via cut in the last 6 months (around 85 fights total) So doesn't seem like much of a problem from my point of view.

Must be a bad streak. I only had a few fights stopped via cut and they dont happen often. Dont give up. But i dont know about unrealistic, every fighter in this game is different with his hiddens. So if they are that bad just cut them from your roster. Like in the real world when you know the fighter amounts to nothing.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

Depends on skills and tactic. But I agree with that it should be easier to enter clinch than to land takedown.

2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased? , Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

Hard to say, but I think we can't just raise both knee's and elbow's damage and accurancy. If we do so, probably we will see overpowered fighters soon. I think elbows are ok, maybe we can raise numers of cuts done that way. Bout knees - maybe accurancy in case of body knees.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only a rookie, but I think the clinch is just one of the basic skills you need to give your fighters on this game, it doesn't need to be what they base their game on, but if it sucks they will get destroyed all the time. At the very least you have to be able to defend in the clinch (Clinchwork, escapes and defensive grappling)

I'm only a rookie, but I think the clinch is just one of the basic skills you need to give your fighters on this game, it doesn't need to be what they base their game on, but if it sucks they will get destroyed all the time. At the very least you have to be able to defend in the clinch (Clinchwork, escapes and defensive grappling)

Hey ChaelMir, welcome to the game. You're right about you need clinch to defend the clinch. But escapes and defensive grappling only work on the ground. Hope this helps you understand the game further fella.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ChaelMir, welcome to the game. You're right about you need clinch to defend the clinch. But escapes and defensive grappling only work on the ground. Hope this helps you understand the game further fella.

I knew i woul find you on the "clinch topic"....lol

• Downvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, and i even thought that transitions also would help you in clinch... " clinch transitions" , when in the game it is just moving around on the ground game...sigh, another fighter to sack.

• Defensive grappling - Groundwork only. Consider it both sub defense and also a little positional defense.
  • Transitions - Moving from one position to another on the ground. Also helps prevent other fighters from transitioning to a better position.
  • Escapes - Your fighter will need this to get back to his feet, if he is on the ground.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fighter_skills

• Upvote 2

Thank you Igor.. Every new player needs to read the Wiki.. Like 10 times over

Personally I think, just for the sake of making MMAT more entertaining.. We should make the clinch a slightly more powerful position. Don't see enough people making use of it, but if it were a tiny bit more powerful then it would help add another element/option to training a fighter

• 2 weeks later...

In real life, fighters hardly ever just clinch up. It's usually off of a takedown attempt or some kind of stand up exchange.

And also, if you're not controlling then it's easy for a fighter to break away from the clinch. So if you're striking more than controlling, then clinch breaks should happen more easily.

In real life, fighters hardly ever just clinch up. It's usually off of a takedown attempt or some kind of stand up exchange.

Actually lots of fighters initiate clinch by changing levels and bullrushing to the fence then back up to traditional clinch. It looks like a td but they aren't trying to get them down. They grab waist and hide head and bullish and pressure fence. Old school way to get to wall and stall Randy Couture style.

• 1 month later...

And also, if you're not controlling then it's easy for a fighter to break away from the clinch. So if you're striking more than controlling, then clinch breaks should happen more easily.

I actually agree with this. If you're going as high strikes as most people in the game go in the clinch it means little to no control so it should not be difficult to break the clinch against it.

I'm still in huge favor of a damage/acc slider in the clinch. We have it for standup and ground now. Why not clinch? Basically if you don't natural power it is hard to ko or do much damage in the clinch. Let us bang bro! Or love tap? :)

That's kind of how it should be imo. In real life it's pretty much the same way. If you have such little distance to work with in the clinch it's hard to get any power into strikes, it kinda comes down the natural power in your strikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of these things are true. Since I started scouting more and more MMA, it's been a real surprise quite how many fighters just clinch up for no reason other than to tire out their opponent. It's probably the most under-valued aspects of MMA as a whole and something this game probably doesn't simulate well at all. Whether it should is a different matter, because it is boring.

• Upvote 2