Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

Haven't read much, if anything at all, in this thread. But here's some observations...

Should be MUCH easy to break the clinch if your opponent is throwing punches or elbows.

No change necessary to break clinch for fighters throwing knees.

Should be harder to break the clinch against fighters who are focusing on controlling.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a young player with young fighters, besides a 5 second KO, all of my TKO losses have been clinch beat-downs. I can see it coming, but I don't feel like I can stop it. I can have strong fighters who improve their clinchwork 3 levels, but if a good clinch fighter turn their aggression all the way up, they just immediately clinch and smash with like 30 elbows. You can't move out, you can't strike back, you can't take him down. It feels merciless. At least with striking you can count on defence, whether it be TDD or striking def. But maybe that's just a young fighter problem.

As a young player with young fighters, besides a 5 second KO, all of my TKO losses have been clinch beat-downs. I can see it coming, but I don't feel like I can stop it. I can have strong fighters who improve their clinchwork 3 levels, but if a good clinch fighter turn their aggression all the way up, they just immediately clinch and smash with like 30 elbows. You can't move out, you can't strike back, you can't take him down. It feels merciless. At least with striking you can count on defence, whether it be TDD or striking def. But maybe that's just a young fighter problem.

How high is your clinch for these guys?

You just need better clinchwork, as in the secondary. I dont know what yours is but I know you need better. Once your fighter has been beaten up once in the clinch, every other half-decent manager is going to be smelling blood knowing they can destroy you in the clinch so its going to be rough fighting those fighters until they get their clinchwork up.

• Upvote 1

How high is your clinch for these guys?

The first time was just a horrible Island QFC matchup. It was one of my first fights and I had an 18 yo against a 25 yo. I don't remember for sure, but I think he had me beat in MT at a Mediocre-->Abysmal level. My Clinchwork was pretty low as well as my strength, at the time. It'd be a different match now, but that's just how it goes.

The more recent time was even more lopsided. My 25 yo fighter had like a Abysmal/Feeble level of MT, but 10 strength and I got clinchwork from abysmal to a mediocre level in the training camp, because I saw it coming. Regardless, he had me clinched a second in the fight. I broke the first one, to my surprise, but he immediately got it back and destroyed me with elbows. To be fair, he had like 12th level MT. I was confident in my standup and TD's but my guy only attempted one, which was my fault for not setting "follow my orders" to a higher level.

If a guy has good striking, BJJ or wrestling, I feel like I can game-plan something around it, but not with clinch. I might have to start rejecting fights where the MT is that much of a difference. I've never rejected a fight, so I'd rather not, but I need to think about some of my fighter's careers. The 25 yo's I'm not worried about, but I can't be ruining my young guy's confidence like that

Your MT primary, while its not irrelevant, is of very little importance compared to your clinchwork secondary when it comes to clinchwork. Mediocre clinchwork just isnt going to to cut it against most fighters, its as simple as that.

Hmm, I didn't know what, thanks. Does clinchwork also effect TDs and striking effectiveness in the clinch?