The World Cup 2014 Thread

GBK16

i wouldn't be suprised if USA got something out of the Portugal game, Klinsmann has them well drilled and they looked solid against Ghana.

The US could very well be the #1 in their group. Portugal looks very weak with a lot of injuries plus Ghana exposed some ways to stop the Germans yesterday... Klinsmann is no joke as a coach.

I've ony missed about 4 games, the Algeria one, France vs Switzerland, Germany vs Ghana and one other one that had loads of goals. Oh I tell a lie, I did deliberately ignore Iran vs Nigeria too but for the most part, I keep missing all the high scoring games.

That was the best game of the tourney so far in my opinion. Amazing game!

Yeah great goal. USA has become my team to support after England going out, hold on another 20 minutes and they are probably have a good chance of going through :D

Amazing Game. Of course I wish the US had held on another 30 secs but thats soccer(football). Great performance from the US, we looked like the better team out there and I love the work rate of our guys. I cant wait for the games this Thursday. I think our group has easily been the most exciting so far. Every single game has been a nail biter apart from Germany stomping on Portgual. But US-Ghana, Germany-Ghana, US-Portgual - all instant classics.

I like our chances to get through still, the only messy scenario is if we lose and ghana wins, Portugal winning wouldnt be as bad since their goal differential got screwed by Germany. I believe!

Lets be honest, USA isn't soccer friendly country, they don't really have a chance to get to the top.

You might be getting better, but I can't see USA getting out of a group with Portugal and Germany, especially with Donovan not in the squad.

group G group of death? you're kidding?

Uruguay, England, Italy are a lot tighter and closely matched than USA, Germany & Portugal.

Germany will cruise that group.

Germany 9, Portugal 4 or 6 USA 1 or 3. Not even close in my opinion.

yeah but not in the same class as the Germans and Portugal have enough about them (or at least should) to hold off USA & Ghana.

Best you guys could hope for would be;

to go through in that group you're going to need 5 points really, because I don't see anybody beating Germany and I don't see the USA or Ghana beating portugal - possibly drawing, but can't see a win their.

Also did anybody else see the score in the Italy game tonight....they drew against bloody Luxembourg!

I see Germany getting either 7 or 9 points, they won't lose to USA or Ghana,, so USA can get 6 pts maximum. Portugal won't lose to Ghana, whereas USA could lose to them. I see USA getting 1 or 3 pts, Ghana getting 1pt or 0, with Portugal getting 2nd with either 7pts or 6pts

#Believe

• Upvote 1

Is it me or does Dani Alves look mildly like Robbie Williams the singer haha

He surely is defending like Robbie Williams would. I think 60-year-old Maicon would do a lot better than him. Also Fernandinho played really well today, so I am pretty sure Paulinho is not coming back to the starting line on saturday.

Defo the best I've seen, got fond memories of 2002 but was fairly young so probs selective memory. This has been consistently good.

I honestly don't think Paulinho been that bad, yes Fernandinho has been better but sure everybody expected that coming in? theirs a reason ones a champion and the others at spurs