God is real or not?

s3raphim

I have to defend God.

It's the same thing I tell all the "Christians" that are against gay marriage, if God is really as big as everybody says he is, he candle handle it on his own, he doesn't need your help.

Romans 1:18-25

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made. So they are without excuse.

21 Because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but their thinking became nonsense, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and crawling creatures.

24 Therefore God also abandoned them in the lusts of their hearts to uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves,

25 who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

That's just scripture, not really proof. If you wanted to go route, Scientology would be the one true religion.

• Upvote 1

The World was Created from the remains of the giant Ymir. The three brothers dragged the dead body of Ymir towards the center of Ginnungagap. This is the place where they created the world from the remains of Ymir.

The blood was transformed into oceans and water.

The flesh became the land.

The bones became the mountains.

The teeth made into rocks.

The hair became the grass and trees.

It's not proof, i just love the passage so i share

The World was created from Mentor and all things by Mentor

Mentor spoke and the penis cream covered the ground forming a multi

Mentor spoke again and another multi formed from the penis cream soaked ground

This cycle repeated it self as The Multi Deacons of CLOD were born

And they all turned to Mentor and proclaimed "Praise Lord Mentor."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is not interesting anymore. I have showed you material about these tissues that its possible what you said is not the same as I have showed you that people have useless body parts and why we have them it can only be explainable by evaluation of course if God did not put them on us just for fun. When you havent still showed nothing about Creation.

Until you show what you promised I quit this thread.

Here is the thing.

God can not, and never will, be proven. People may choose to believe in him, and people may choose not to, but at the end of the day, that is what "faith" all comes down to

Some believe in him completely, some have their own takes on him, some disagree with him.

Since there is no possible way of proving he exists, who fucking cares?

Before people start accusing me of being this or that, I am agnostic, which means I believe we will never find out, so I choose not to dedicate my life to following a faith, while not completely shutting the doors on the idea completely.

This is pretty much my position too. I'm an agnostic and I am (believe it or not) open to almost any possibility, but I can't help having no patience with people who follow a magic book. In fact, the one thing I am sure of is that none of the gods people do believe in exist. If there are gods (or one god) then humanity is yet to discover anything about it/him/her. It could be that we cannot understand (in the same way a frog is incapable of designing a motor car).

If there is something beyond death (In my mind I frame these ideas in a para-material way - Perhaps the "soul" is multi-dimensional entity, stuck in our 4D world, for example), then maybe death is the only enlightenment. Or you're dead and that's it. Whatever proves to be true, I am sure that when I die I won't be talking to St Peter.

What interests me most, and stops me from simply being a hard-line atheist, is that the universe seems to play tricks on us. It could have been that the universe was understandable. Maybe someone like Newton could have wrapped it up and made everything predictable. But it isn't like that. Time after time, the universe finds a way to keep us in the dark. Look into any extreme in the physical world and infinities appear, it's a mathematical dead-end, with the universe taunting us "I'm not giving that away". Look at the tiniest objects and they defy common sense, the universe saying "explain this sucker!". My point is, the universe didn't have to be like this, surely it's possibble that a universe could exist with very plain rules.

This thinking makes me feel that we are either limited in ways we do not realise, or that there is some design to test us. I say "feel" not "believe". For all I know, we could all be on "Soul Vacation" and we chose to come here for fun (and I'm simply wasting a good vacation by worrying about the meaning). It could be that a creator put us in this environment. It could be that I am, and will never be anything more than, a lump of meat that became conscious of itself by some accident.

I'm open to anything and I love to speculate, but I can't respect people who think they have answers from magic books that you can study and see the scientific mistakes, the historical lies, the sheer absurdity (of talking donkeys etc). What's more, I believe these books are the most damaging and crippling disease that ever afflicted Mankind.

So, tell me any idea you have, I'll love it. Just don't quote bible at me as if it had any authority, and don't expect me to respect any nonsense that comes from there. And, yes, I do realise that the sermon on the mount is a pretty good treatise in living well. It's just that you don't need a bronze-age human-sacrifice cult to have ideas of love and peace. I just wish that in the 21st Century it would be possible to discuss the unknown without having to fight a battle with barbarian religionists all the time.

Reality loves you :)

This is not interesting anymore. I have showed you material about these tissues that its possible what you said is not the same as I have showed you that people have useless body parts and why we have them it can only be explainable by evaluation of course if God did not put them on us just for fun. When you havent still showed nothing about Creation.

Until you show what you promised I quit this thread.

what is evaluation? explain.

you sure do know your logic.

I sure do. Let me break this down for you.

You put a post on here, asking what people believed in. People replied with what they believed in, and gave their answers for why they believe that. You don't like what they say, because their beliefs spite your own. You then go on to say why you believe in what you say in a hostile manner that makes a mockery of the other forum users beliefs. When you try to give your proof of your beliefs, people simply post in response as to why your take on things isn't correct. You then respond, again, in a hostile manner, and then you play the "I'm just defending God" card.

People told you at the start of the thread that this would not go well, because those same members know what this community is like more than you do.

You also post about an extremely sensitive subject, on the forums of a MMA game. MMA, by it's very nature, is violent and hostile, so did you really expect people to respond in a polite and friendly manner? And did you really expect people to take kindly to you belittling their beliefs while you express your own? You are in the wrong game if you believed so.

I sure do. Let me break this down for you.

You put a post on here, asking what people believed in. People replied with what they believed in, and gave their answers for why they believe that. You don't like what they say, because their beliefs spite your own. You then go on to say why you believe in what you say in a hostile manner that makes a mockery of the other forum users beliefs. When you try to give your proof of your beliefs, people simply post in response as to why your take on things isn't correct. You then respond, again, in a hostile manner, and then you play the "I'm just defending God" card.

People told you at the start of the thread that this would not go well, because those same members know what this community is like more than you do.

You also post about an extremely sensitive subject, on the forums of a MMA game. MMA, by it's very nature, is violent and hostile, so did you really expect people to respond in a polite and friendly manner? And did you really expect people to take kindly to you belittling their beliefs while you express your own? You are in the wrong game if you believed so.

i don't care you can humiliate me all you want.