ITFL Season 5 - Official Thread

GBK16

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill on The Island)

Hello everyone!!!

Well, 4 rounds of ITFL action has gone past and Team Sully's Regulars find themselves on the bottom end of the table after going down 2-3 to The Dong Squad.

This week we find ourselves back in Amsterdam as we face powerhouses Team Icon. How do you think we will do? Find out my thoughts on the latest edition of:

http://i.imgur.com/yPwBr4L.png

This round we fight in Amsterdam for ITFL 5.1

"Ice Cube" O Shea Jackson v Akihiko Yamato

Yamato started strong with a win in his first round but has since been knocked out in his last 3 fights. Jackson is also 1-3 in ITFL and has a distinct size advantage. Yamato has been hurt in his last 3 fights so who knows if he has fully recovered?

Sully's Prediction: Jackson to use his size advantage to bully him on their feet and then finish him on the ground.

Danny "Cyclone" Ciprianni v Mr Steel Penn

Ciprianni won his first 2 ITFL fights and has since dropped his last 2 in lackluster performances, with his last loss to an underperforming Gilas. He steps into the cage under an injury cloud against Mr Steel Penn who is a dangerous opponent on the ground. Cyclone is no slouch either so this one should be fireworks!

Sully's Prediction: Despite his injury, Cyclone should be able to nullify Penn's grappling skills and take him out early to get some much needed rest for the next round.

"Lucky" Liam McGuiness v BJ "The Cock Gobbler" McGobblecock, Jr.

My brother Liam certainly hasn't been living up to his name as he has yet to win a fight this tournament. He faces McGobblecock. Don't let his silly name fool you, The...(ahem) Cock Gobbler is a dangerous opponent. Will Liam get his first win?

Sully's Prediction: McGobblecock has shown that he is susceptible to being knocked out and Liam has shown some excellent power in his hands. Look for Liam to KO BJ to get his first win to turn things around.

Johan "Bloody Hailstorm" Attila v Antonio "Amazon Assassin" Lobo

On paper Attila has the more momentum and looks to be the more skilled fighter. Lobo's only win this tournament came by way of submission but that won't happen against Attila. While Lobo has a distinct size advantage, there is a rumour Lobo is not fully healed from his last fight.

Sully's Prediction: Attila looks to have the advantage on paper. Add to Lobo's injury and this looks like a quick win for Attila.

And that my friends is my thoughts on Team Sully's Regulars for this round of ITFL!

That's it for The Sully Show for now!

Until next time,

Train hard :training2:

Fight hard :boxing:

Play hard :drunk:

And of course,

Stay Classy

:shades:

• Upvote 6

Jack Russell
Johnson Schimd
Renato Silvia

Hello and welcome to another episode of MMAFanzone, I’m your host Jack Russell let’s meet the panel. I am joined once again by Johnson Schmid a former All American wrestler whose knowledge on the fight game is valuable, and Renato Silvia a BJJ black belt and former MMA fighter.

This week on the show, we are previewing ITFL round 5, The Dong Squad look to improve on their win last week by taking leapfrogging The Charles Grace All Stars. Sully’s Regulars take on Team Icon in a battle for the 3rd spot. But the main attractions is none other than the two titans of the competition facing off, that’s right it’s Team Conquer vs. Vendetta.

First up we will be looking at The Dong Sqaud vs. The Charles Grace All Stars. The Dong Squad still sit in last place, even after their surprise victory last week. TCGAS continue to underwhelm and are tied in 4th place. The match up between these two teams are Russell Bell vs. Duane Perry, Neil Gilas vs. Thomas Rutherford, Alpa Chino vs. Bryer Michael, Rio Yaj vs. Edward Stoker and Bruno Aires vs. Matt Kroblur. Let’s start off with the first matchup of Russell Bell vs. Duane Perry.

Johnson Schmid: Bell has been woeful so far, 1-3, granted he has fought tough opponents but his win was far from that impressive over one of the weaker fighters in the competition. Perry has done well for himself so far, winning all 3 of his fights via TKO in round 3. The only problem that leaves is that his next fight he looks slightly drained and still wearing the effects of his last fight, his loss showed that as he came in hurt and was ground for 3 rounds. I don’t see Bell winning though, Perry hits too hard and keeps up a brutal pace.

Renato Silvia: Like Johnson said, Perry hits too hard and I just don’t see Bell lasting until the end of round 3 in this one.

JR: The next fight is Neil Gilas vs. Thomas Rutherford, both are 1-3 so far and both have fought tough competition. Gilas’ only win is over Danny Ciprianni, whilst Rutherford got a KO win over O Shea Jackson. Gilas is the tougher of the two, only being finished once whilst Rutherford has showed striking and grappling deficiencies.

RS: Gilas is scrappy man, even in his losses where he was dominated he got most of his fights to the floor for some time. I think Rutherford is too young and not really very well skilled to handle the non stop grappling of GIlas.

JS: Gilas is a tough SOB, tough wrestler and grinder. Not the most skilled but he brings it. Rutherford is a canny striker but will he be able to withstand 3 rounds of Gilas? I’m not so sure he can do it.

JR: The 3rd fight is Alpa Chino vs. Bryer Michael. Chino came in as a replacement last round and won his fight, taking a decision win. Michael meanwhile is 1-3, with his 3 losses against tough opponents and his win over the chinny Yamato.

JS: I don’t rate either of these two too highly, but Chino is carrying a pretty bad injury heading into this fight that hasn’t had time to heal so I feel Michael will be able to pick up the victory with relative ease.

RS: Never count out a man with power, but Chino doesn’t really have much power so I am counting him out of this fight. Michael with the finish win.

JR: The 4th fight between these two teams is Rio Yaj vs. Edward Stoker. Yaj is 0-4, one of the few fighters left who has yet to win, and he hasn’t looked impressive in any of his losses. Stoker is also yet to win and has a -3-1 record, despite being one of the favourites to win the tournament.

JS: Stoker hasn’t looked good, at all. But this is a fight which he easily should win, it shouldn’t be close at all, Yaj has looked like the worst fighter of the tournament whilst Stoker has looked good even in some of his losses.

RS: Yup, I agree. Stoker isn’t the best by far, but he is leagues ahead of Yaj.

JR: The final fight between these two is Bruno Aires vs. Matt Kroblur. Aires is 2-2, showing his wrestling skills in his last fight. Kroblur is a similar style fighter and finds himself at 1-3. Two tough wrestlers going at it sometimes turns into a wild brawl, will this happen in this fight?

JS: I think they will try to outwrestle the other, I give Kroblur the edge in takedowns but on the floor I’m not too sure who is better. Kroblur recently lost to Steel Penn after being outgrappled, whether or not he has improved from then remains to be seen.

RS: I think Aires might take this one, Kroblur doesn’t have the power on the feet to trouble him and Aires’ ground game is certainly good enough to give Kroblur trouble.

JR: That’s all for part 1, be sure to join us for part two where we will be discussing the match up’s between Sully’s Regulars and Team Icon!

• Upvote 2

Jack Russell
Johnson Schimd
Renato Silvia

JR: Welcome to part two, we will be previewing Sully’s vs. Team Icon. The fights this week are, O Shea Jackson vs. Akhito Yamato, Johan Attila vs. Antonio Lobo, Liam McGuiness vs. BJ McGobblecok JR, Danny Ciprianni vs. Mr Steel Penn and finally John Swanson vs. Kabal Labak. Let’s start with O Shea Jackson vs. Akhito Yamato. Jackson is 1-3, losing twice in brutal fashion getting KOed in round 1 and outwrestled in his other loss. Yamato meanwhile is also 1-3, but in each of his losses he has been violently knocked out.

RS: Both men are chinny, and both have decent but not great KO power to go along with their striking skills. I think they just have to let loose here, the first to land hard and often will most likely walk away from this one.

JS: Yawn, this fight is one for the scrubs. Sure it will be entertaining but has no real value. Hopefully someone gets their head knocked off and gets one step closer to the retirement home.

JR: The next fight is Johan Attila vs. Antonio Lobo. Attila is arguably the strongest on Sully’s team but sitting at 2-2 he will need to pick it up to give Sully’s a chance at finishing with a respectable positon. Lobo is 1-3, and his dangerous submission game is still something to be wary of.

JS: Attila is a strong wrestler, he has powerful hands as well. But so far he has only beaten the weaker fighters and he has had trouble overcoming the stronger ones. Lobo is a one dimensional submission artist so I expect Attila to breeze his way past him.

RS: I feel Attila will opt to take him down, that will be dangerous territory to be in the guard of Lobo. I would not be surprised if he pulled off the submission victory.

JR: Up next we have, Liam McGuiness vs. BJ McGobblecock JR. Liam is currently 0-4, being finished 3 times. McGobblecock isn’t doing much better at 1-3. Both desperately need to win here for their own sake as much as their teams.

JS: I’m expecting a good stand up war between these two. Liam has excellent boxing and explosive power but his chin is an issue. McGobblecok has a similar issue with his chin but his stand up I would say is overall, better than that of McGuiness’ as he incorporates kicks, knees and elbows into his attack. The one question I have is whether or not McGobblecock has the power to hurt Liam with his strikes.

RS: I think Liam will get his first win, he has shown time and time again that his power is no joke. I think BJ will be finding that out for himself very soon.

JR: Up next we have Danny Ciprianni facing off against Mr Steel Penn. Both find themselves standing at 2-2, with Ciprianni failing to win any of his last two and Penn alternating wins and losses.

RS: I think Penn might actually pull it off. At the start of the season I wrote him off but his ground game was always legit. People keep playing into his ground game and his wins have come from them. If Danny takes it to the ground or lets himself get taken down he’s done for.

JS: Ciprianni is better than his record suggests and I seriously doubt he will get ground by an above average BJJ player. Ciprianni might even score a KO on him.

JR: The final fight between these two teams is John Swanson vs. Kabal Labak. Swanson picked up his first win last round, a fairly unconvincing UD win over Rio Yaj but a win is a win. He faces a much tougher opponent here though. Labak is 2-2 and remains a strong competitor due to his wrestling background and he still has that huge win over Perry.

RS: I’m excited for this one, Swanson is a talented BJJ fighter with strong wrestling whilst Labak has an excellent top game. It’s a toss up and I would say Labak because he has been stronger recently.

JS: I like Swanson, he refuses to go out. But Labak is simply a better wrestler and I feel he has the stronger ground game as well. I hope they don’t negate each others wrestling and end up in a tedious striking match. Both are ground fighters first and that’s where they should be fighting.

JR: That concludes part 2 of our preview. Join us for our third and final part where we will be discussing the fights between Team Conquer and Vendetta!

• Upvote 2

Jack Russell
Johnson Schimd
Renato Silvia

JR: Welcome to part 3 of our preview Team Conquer vs. Vendetta, #1 vs. #2. The fights themselves are spectacular and I for one am highly excited for them, they are, Brock Rumlow vs. Cornelius Carr, George Pedro vs. Jermaine Wright, Kai Kha vs. Freidrich Von Kuschelbar, Edward Blake vs. Rasi Li Judah and Cole Orion vs. Igor Quincy. Lets start off with Brock Rumlow vs. Cornelius Carr, the both of them are 4-0 with 2 KO finishes each.

JS: What a fight this is, sometimes teams will look to play their better fighters against the opposing teams weaker fighters. Not this time, Rumlow is arguably Conquers best whilst Carr is one of Vendetta’s best as well. I see this being a striking battle, with Rumlow just taking it.

RS: I really do think Carr will step up to the occasion on this one, I don’t know why but I think Rumlow will be complacent an Carr will take that opportunity.

JR: Our next fight is also a huge one, as George Pedro faces Jermaine Wright. Again, both are 4-0 with Pedro just ahead by a few points due to his 4 finishes to Wright’s 3.

RS: This is a battle of who can keep the fight where they want it. On the feet, Pedro is powerful but you have to give the advantage to Wright. On the floor Pedro is the man, his aggressive ground and pound is hard to deal with. I really don’t know who is winning this one, but I say Pedro has the more tools to defeat Wright with.

JS: Both fighters bring it, but both have also fought sub par competition so far in the ITFL. Let’s see who can bring the same level against a fighter just as good as themselves.

JR: The third fight is Kai Kha vs. Freirich Von Kuschelbar. Both are 4-0, with Kha showing the instinct to get finishes with 3 KOs and Kuschelbar willing to grind out each and every one of his wins.

JS: Kha is a very talented young man but Kuschelbar brings powerful wrestling and a technical stand up game that Kha will have trouble with.

RS: Kuschelbar has great top control, he just prefers to outpoint fighters on the feet rather than shoot in for takedowns. But using his wrestling is his best option here, he will need to use it as standing with Kha is a bad idea.

JR: The 4th fight is Edward Blake vs. Ras Li Judah, Blake is 4-0, Judah is also 4-0. Judah has 3 finishes to Blake’s 1 though, so if it finishes early expect Judah to be the one who finishes.

JS: Judah is a solid talent, but Blake is older and wiser and I just expect his experience and know how will lead him to a win here. But with Judah’s power anything is possible.

RS: I’m taking Blake in this one, Judah is good but Blake I feel is better technically and should get a hard fought decision win.

JR: The final fight see’s Conquer’s replacement, Cole Orion vs. Igor Quincy. Orion is new to the ITFL and has had no fights yet but his previosu MMA fights show he has good chin and good power. Quincy managed a win last time out, his power prevailed but he still sits at 1-4.

JS: Orion looks good from tape I have seen, I think his power will hurt Quincy and he should be able to finish the very hittable Igor Quincy.

RS: I feel Quincy has improved since his first ITFL fight, but Orion is a good talent of the same age and I just expect him to edge out Quincy in this one. All in all I can see Conquer or Vendetta winning this one, very exciting fights.

JR: That wraps up episode 5 of MMAFanzone, we hope you enjoyed it once again. I’m Jack Russell, good night.

• Upvote 3

If Quincy vs Orion doesn't garner some form of FOTN or praise of some sort it will be a shame, great fight Liam!

I'm gonna do OTS awards at the end, I forgot to mention that at the beginning. Gonna be $250k for FOTS (to each manager), KOTS and SOTS.

btw it is after the London event no update, dont know how far of a time range you have on this :P

EDIT fuck wanted to edit my post before and took the wrong window. How in the hell do i even manage to set sliders :arrowhead:

I was getting pissed in Sully's, don't blame me. Updated now, and I even added in colours and shit to rep each team cos I'm a creative genius like that

And with that Team Vendetta announces our replacement: Igor Quincy out - Roland de Ronceveux in

Roster has been updated with the change, just need Dale to send him on a contract and it's all gucci

Brock Rumlow vs. Johan Attila

Pick added. I'll try and get our picks added by tomorrow night

As for the Standings, they have been updated. The individuals now have colours on them to reflect which team they represent, just to give people a view of which team is contributing the most top runners and which teams have a star individual.

Vendetta and Team Conquer are tied on 20 points, but Vendetta have the lead due to having a better Head To Head record (3-2)

The Charles Grace All-Stars and Sully's Regulars are tied on 10 points, but TCGAS have the lead due to having a better Head To Head record (3-2).

Sully's Regulars, Team Icon and TCGAS are the teams with their replacement still available.

• Upvote 2

As for the Standings, they have been updated. The individuals now have colours on them to reflect which team they represent, just to give people a view of which team is contributing the most top runners and which teams have a star individual.

You should change the font colour on the ones with the darker colour, not easy to read with a black font on a dark background