Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

45 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

He'll be in this time around as a "flavor and character content contributor" essentially.  But it's funny, I posted something a little bit back just before our anniversary, prior to April, about anybody interested in throwing nominations out there for folks they feel should be considered for our second class, and got not a single peep.

Well I nominate Mr Pickles!

I didn't have any other nominations at the time, but I think now it's safe to nominate Matsuda and Dracul. So many title defences! Matsuda with a superfight win and Dracul with a superfight coming up.

On another note, I'm not sure what Noah was doing today vs Karim. Did well to rock him and knock him down a few times but then just chose to sit on him and do nothing until the ref tickled him to let him up and start fighting again. I really had my heart in my mouth while he was dicking about and Karim gassed him back and then tried that sub. Maybe Parta's poor discipline (and losing fights) has rubbed off on him.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Daudy said:

Well I nominate Mr Pickles!

I didn't have any other nominations at the time, but I think now it's safe to nominate Matsuda and Dracul. So many title defences! Matsuda with a superfight win and Dracul with a superfight coming up.

On another note, I'm not sure what Noah was doing today vs Karim. Did well to rock him and knock him down a few times but then just chose to sit on him and do nothing until the ref tickled him to let him up and start fighting again. I really had my heart in my mouth while he was dicking about and Karim gassed him back and then tried that sub. Maybe Parta's poor discipline (and losing fights) has rubbed off on him.

Mr. Pickles will def be in.  Matsuda is a shoe-in as well now that he's solidified his legacy.  Dracul is already in, first class.  

I was expecting Noah to finish at any time!  The longer it hung on, the more nervous I got for him also!  Hahaha.  But what a win, and #11 now?  NICE.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

For this reason, I won't lie, I'm starting to think about handing off SPPS and ditching from most things in game other than the occasional fighter. 

Check the terms of conditions when you signed up to play this game. Pretty sure it says you're not allowed to leave ever for any reason whatsoever. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Yeah, unfortunately the Rabbit and Ass have had some changes in RL for work and such and I can't get to much of the writing these days.  :(  Also, I'm getting frustrated with Mike a bit (understatement of the century).  There is a bug in the game regarding contracts and such that I've reported three times now.  And it's starting to get taken advantage of more and more often, which is creating a headache and a half for me when it comes to matchmaking and planning.  TBH, I'm about to just blow the bug out there publicly and let him deal with the fallout when every org owner starts to get friggin' pissed off as it becomes widely used.  For this reason, I won't lie, I'm starting to think about handing off SPPS and ditching from most things in game other than the occasional fighter.  Mike responds really fast when it's something related to a purchase from Paypal or whatever, but when it comes to other game related issues, crickets.  And this is kinda a biggie.  There's really no excuse to ignore it.

The Purple Headed Mayo Slinger-in-Charge hasn't given a shit about the game in years.  Good luck trying to get him to do anything.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Yeah, unfortunately the Rabbit and Ass have had some changes in RL for work and such and I can't get to much of the writing these days.  :(  Also, I'm getting frustrated with Mike a bit (understatement of the century).  There is a bug in the game regarding contracts and such that I've reported three times now.  And it's starting to get taken advantage of more and more often, which is creating a headache and a half for me when it comes to matchmaking and planning.  TBH, I'm about to just blow the bug out there publicly and let him deal with the fallout when every org owner starts to get friggin' pissed off as it becomes widely used.  For this reason, I won't lie, I'm starting to think about handing off SPPS and ditching from most things in game other than the occasional fighter.  Mike responds really fast when it's something related to a purchase from Paypal or whatever, but when it comes to other game related issues, crickets.  And this is kinda a biggie.  There's really no excuse to ignore it.

The Purple Headed Mayo Slinger-in-Charge hasn't given a shit about the game in years.  Good luck trying to get him to do anything.

The Greatest Performance Art match of all time!!
ALEX etiam amare potest iterum Amor vincit omnia

Contemporary performance: 3 things you need to know

On May 19, 2023 Mr. Pickle Edward Mill did something unheard of in the fighting world! He utilized a fight against Steel Penns own fighter Donnie Larkins to create a 15 minute performance art master piece. 

Art Critic Jean Coors Vanflett: Absolutely brilliant. The performance of a life time! One man comes in ready to fight and the other pretends to be a mattress!! As well some incredibly romantic annoucing during all the rounds like this gem "Mills struggling a bit here." or the incredibly impactful statement "Boooooooooooooooooooo!!! God.". It reminded me of "The Gas Heart".

Bowie's Gas Heart Belonged to Dada | Societe Anonyme Inc

Art Critic Jean Coors Vanflett: Everyone thought it was terrible MMA fight until the end, then during the interview it all made sense. And everyone was in sensed by the brilliantness of the act. 

*After the fight listen to the words of the legendary artist Mr. Pickle 

Hogan Paul: Mr. Pickles what was the plan in that fight? Donnie just laid on you and nothing really happened?

14232416879438.jpg

Mr. PickleWell in da first round I was ready ta fight den Larkins got me down and well he was so cozy. And all hate disappeared and was rep[laced wiff love. How could we keep hating Stole Penn or his fighter? After dat moment da fight had ended. Have you ever had a really cozy pet cat dat lays on you and attacks your toes or hand through da blanket? Well I new right when we hit da ground it was da same kind uf love from Larkins. So I embraced it and instead of a fight we had a 15 minute cuddle and showed da world even da hardest meanest fighters can show show love and compassion in da ring. And I realized in my heart something I thought had died after da last episode of Dragon Ball Z that even a Pickle can love again. 

Hogan Paul can be seen crying. A slow clap begins and people start hugging and weeping openly. Someone yells "I never thought I could love again....But now The Passion of the Pickle brings me hope!" 

Crying Clapping GIFs | Tenor

Art Critic Jean Coors Vanflett: Absolutely beautiful. What many pundits thought was one of the most boring fights in history was in fact an act of true passion, true romance, love and the ability to overcome the criticisms of Mix Martial Arts being a barbaric sport of testosterone. Today showed us that love always prevails. In this fight there were only winners and the true winner was the hearts and minds of everyone in attendance. Truly a performance of the night master piece. This beautiful peice of art has been properly named ALEX etiam amare potest iterum. amor vincit omnia which in Latin translates to "Even a Pickle can love again. love conquers all". 

Mr. Pickles does it again and shocks the world. Thought of as a hard partying prophets and lover of pickles has a much deeper side he is a lover of all that live on this beautiful planet. If this wasn't a hall of fame worthy performance then nothing is. @SteelPennwe shall dance again and we shall love again together, BEACUSE TODAY! we leave anger and hate behind and replace it with love.

All hail the King! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

🎵🎵🎵

God save our gracious King!
Long live our noble King!
God save the King!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King!

🎵🎵🎵

HgiTQEb.png

King Noah

On the back of an impressive performance against future GAMMA HOFer Karim "Carnage" Johnson, Noah Anderson has returned to a great procession held in his honour as the new established King of Heavyweight in SPPS.

"It was important to me to go and defend the honour of SPPS against the ever-powerful GAMMA influences. I train with the #1 P4P fighter in the world and a whole stable full of other killers. Karim is a powerful champion who has gone toe to toe with the best of the best, and he's backed by a great team led by a true gentleman in Laz Staz. I am proud to have done SPPS proud.

I will bless the peasants one kiss of the ring each to mark the occasion!"

In the eyes of some (though not the astute bookies at IMPULSE betting), Karim would have been a hot favourite. No one would have predicted such a dominant performance. Despite the opportunity to finish the fight in the first round, Noah couldn't seem to resist continually going down with Karim and doing his best blanket impression on top. The alarming lack of consent from Karim and close hugging nature of parts of the fight raised a few eyebrows, before being accepted as part of Noah's new-found royal privilege.

The drawn out fight continually gave false hope to those who had bet on Karim to win, but thankfully the lord and protector of the land came through with a 4th round finish.

Hgi0Hwx.png

A disappointed Scot in the background 'celebrating' the new King

Hgi0JZQ.png

The abovementioned Scot's betting slip for the fight. *

*Crazy Horse media would like to state that this was just simply the only one they managed to take a screenshot of and there has been no offence exchanged between parties.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

HgiTQEb.png

King Noah

After another stunning title defence against SPPS veteran and former 205lb champion Eenie Mini Moe Eemeli Lampi, King Noah took to the pulpit to give his royal address to his SPPS constituents to loud cheers and clapping.

"Thank you, thank you!

I am pleased to win again. Eemeli Lampi is a tough guy. A former champ at 205 before piling on the weight to fight in the big boy league. However, I've shown there are tiers to this. Lampi simply couldn't deal with my fast start and by the time he started swinging, it was at air.

Moving like prime Ali, never being hit and not even throwing a single kick, I drop Lampi, then immediately drop him again. This time I don't play around like I did against Karim. I see an opportunity and BOOM. A highlight KO by yours truly. Superman punch for the King!

Happily, I now take my spot in the top 10 p4p out of everyone in the Tycoon world. My hype rating surpassing the 520+ mark separates me and the 3 generational HWs above me away from the HW pack. Like I said, there are tiers to this.

It just so happens that my tier has the #1 P4P fighter & current Syn HW champion, the top generational talent from the Kersikov clan & newly crowned Combate champion, and the legendary Kilo Maluga. Big names for sure, but I know I belong. I have fought and KO'd both the #1 and #2 HWs, and now also count Olsen as a friend and a training partner.

Together with Matsuda and Dracul, we put SPPS firmly in the global spotlight. Sure, there are some fantastic orgs with deep rosters out there, but no other org has as many top 10 P4P fighters right now as Sucker Punch - where low blows are encouraged!"

"Also, can some other lackeys please keep that Daniel Spongecake fella away from me please. He'll get grease on my robes if he tries to hug me!"

• Like 3

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
Kazuma lands with a head kick! That's gotta hurt.
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown.gif
Kazuma cracks Lancaster with a big right hand that sends him crashing to the floor. Kazuma has the opportunity to follow him to the ground but instead he's beckoning Lancaster to stand back up!
Lancaster throws a hook but Kazuma avoids it easily.
Lancaster backs away from a small jab... but Kazuma lunges forward with a huge superman punch! Lancaster crumples to the ground as his mouth piece is sent flying! Kazuma with a spectacular finish!

I mean I feel it goes without saying that Kazuma should have been on HoF list #1 but just when he's down and out let him hit you with the 2 pc value combo.

• Like 1

1666272161SuckerPunchHoF.png

SPPS HoF - 2023H2 - Second Class

Folks, I want to take a moment to send brief congratulations to each of the members of our Second SPPS Hall of Fame Class!

This class was not voted on.  Instead, as one of my last outgoing moves as the originator of Sucker Punch Pro Series (more on that coming soon), I took it upon myself to put those I felt were worthy of the HoF and that had helped to really build what SPPS became into the class here!

You can read a lot more about each of these fella's accomplishments here:  https://mmatycoon.com/orgpublichof.php?oid=5611

For those on the list below, please note that the HoF listings include both the 500 characters that are in the fighter's profile bio at any time, plus an additional 500 characters that can be put in as an Org Note for the fighter. An example is here: https://i.gyazo.com/127fa28830cd54f02d5c8838c5b9d01b.png

So, without further ado, please congratulate the following individuals on making it into the SPPS Hall of Fame!!!

1666272161SuckerPunchHoF.png

Characterization:

14232416879438.jpg

Edward Mills (360004)

Manager(s) (most recent to earliest):

Kyle F (77388)

The Great Pickle.  Master of the Pickle Punch and adept student of the Donkey Kick.  Trained amongst Sabre Tooth Tigers, sought dinosaurs for further development, engaged in endless quests!  Willing to challenge anybody, anywhere.  Has stepped through weight classes to take on entertaining fights and continue his storied career, albeit perhaps not always with a 'W' as the reult!  Greatest character SPPS has seen.  Inducted into the SPPS HoF on the basis of flavor and value added to the org!

Featherweight:

15641011248370.jpg

Jihadi Joseph (360515)

Alex K. (84400)

23-10-1 Career Lifetime.
21-9-1 SPPS.
4x SPPS FW Champion.
6x SPPS FW Top Contender.

Featherweight:

14310126533209.jpg

Diogo Jimenez (340097)

Cope T (119600), Bradley Burns (1540), Hare Rumpler (126014), Bwang Jong Sr (91781), Danilo Đilas (106878)

35-15-0 Career Lifetime.
10-5-0 SPPS.
2x SPPS FW Champion.
5 SPPS FW Championship Fight Wins.
Former RFC, 2x Grunge and CFC FW Champion.

Featherweight:

14573285849536.png

Brady Jean Baptiste (359509)

Laz Staz (82447), Not Skenoj (116348)

24-11-2 Career Lifetime.
20-10-1 SPPS.
3x SPPS FW Champion.
5 SPPS FW Championship Fight Wins.

Lightweight:

12w7.jpg

Kurt Cobain (358313)

Jet  (139881), Runt . (108617), Dragon Reborn (Andrew Wittig) (132062)

27-13-0 Career Lifetime.
27-13-0 SPPS.
1x SPPS LW Champion.
3 SPPS LW Championship Fight Wins.
4x SPPS LW Top Contender.
1x SPPS FW Top Contender.
SPPS Cockshot Sorter Series FW Champion.
Entire Career Spent at SPPS to Date.

Welterweight:

15884215175820.jpg

Keisuke Matsuzaka (356058)

G Wad (88365)

33-12-1 Career Lifetime.
24-9-0 SPPS.
2x SPPS WW Champion.
7 SPPS WW Championship Fight Wins.
6x SPPS WW Top Contender.

Welterweight:

15680716083597.gif

Juan Christiano (355451)

Action Jackson (123097)

25-14-2 Career Lifetime.
20-12-2 SPPS.
2x SPPS WW Champion.
6 SPPS WW Championship Fight Wins.
Former Checkmate WW Champion.

Middleweight:

33w3.jpg

Tanaka Matsuda (356654)

Zeke Gunner (131384)

31-11-0 Career Lifetime.
22-9-0 SPPS.
2x SPPS MW Champion.
7 SPPS WW Championship Fight Wins.
3x SPPS WW Top Contender.
Former BFC WW Champion.

Middleweight:

15609725464425.jpg

Chip Nickel (350764)

Billy Arseworth (74054)

34-13-0 Career Lifetime.
15-5-0 SPPS.
2x SPPS MW Champion.
4x SPPS MW Top Contender.
6 SPPS MW Championship Fight Wins.
Former 2x HFC MW Champion.

Middleweight:

15812997724248.png

Kiryu Kazuma (357607)

Mattias Lundgren (129504)

27-15-0 Career Lifetime.
23-12-0 SPPS.
4x SPPS MW Champion.
7 SPPS MW Championship Fight Wins.
2022 Tycoon Olympics MW Finalist.

Heavyweight:

16320210158602.jpg

Ben Slam (349572)

John Daugherty (118208), Guilherme Godoi (128013)

28-13-0 Career Lifetime.
11-6-0 SPPS.
2x SPPS HW Champion.
5 SPPS HW Championship Fight Wins.

Heavyweight:

16613035299836.png

Noah Anderson (361647)

Crazy Horse (88689), Golden Finch (129389), Louie DePalma (17180), Alex K. (84400)

23-11-0 Career Lifetime.
14-6-0 SPPS (during SPPS tenure, including Combate SF's).
2x SPPS HW Champion.
3x SPPS HW Top Contender
4 SPPS HW Championship Fight Wins.
Former Byzantium and BBFC HW Champion.
Former Combate HW Champion Representing SPPS.

There we have it folks!!! Please congratulate these amazing fighters and their managers on the massive success they've had!  All while trying to dodge cheap shots, kicks to the dingle-dangles and any and all low blows that come as part of Sucker Punch Pro Series!  SPPS has been honored to have some of the best fighters MMAT has ever seen step into the cage for them, and these guys here found a way to still rise to the very top of the entire heap!

• Like 3

61f4b3b7484d4ac6e73e0eb3bb6628287d75ae78

1687787274HareRumpler.png

A word from the head rabbit, Hare Rumpler, originator and fuzzy leader of the organization that has not only allowed, but encouraged, shots to the dingle-dangles for the past 3+ years at Sucker Punch Pro Series!

Hello all!  As many of you who have been with us for a while (or in the case of some, the entire ride!) know, my time and ability to keep up with SPPS in the way that I feel it should be run...with fun previews, commentary, interactive involvement, etc. has waned due to RL work changes.  I took great pride in trying to bring you all something a bit different, bit more fun and engaging, etc. during the past three years. 

That said, if I'm honest, I've also become a bit disillusioned with the organizational aspects of MMAT over the past 6+ months as well.  Multiple things factor into that, but the root cause of most of it is Mike's complete and total lack of any sort of responsibility to maintain the game and keep the integrity and balance in place.  Between the complete ignoring of a known bug (or bugs) that allow for multiple contracts to be accepted by fighters without a loan being used, to the fact that the financial and economic aspects of a "tycoon" have been completely compromised over time via the use of $ glitches...which either still remain, or, in some cases, were fixed...but the funds hidden in orgs, businesses, jets, etc. never removed from the economy...leading to buttloads of $ being stashed away and making a completely unbalanced situation insanely bad...yeah, in general, Mike doesn't care.  And that makes it hard for me to continue to care as well.

So that brings us to where we are today.  I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with all of you as part of SPPS...and I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for helping to make SPPS what I think would be considered one of the best orgs in the game.  I'm biased, but given the lack of any sort of $ glitch gaming, I'd even go so far as to say the best at times.  But, it is time for me to move on to pedestrian life in the game...managing a few fighters...and perhaps eventually fading into the sunset.  

I've been pondering this move for a year or more now.  But, I never, ever wanted to leave SPPS in a situation where it either folded, was swallowed up, pilfered, etc.  So, I bided my time, I waited...and waited...for the right situation where I felt I could hand it off to somebody who would treat it right.  Who would love it for what it is, for what aspects made it fun and who would embrace our culture of "cheap shots are not frowned upon, hell, they are cheered"!  The opportunity finally manifested...and I give you...

Rush “Flipper” Grayson!!!

1675285809IMG_5567.GIF

You all know Rush!  Rush is a stand-up dude and the org will be in great hands under Rush!  I'm sure he'll be speaking with you all himself soon, but in the meantime, know that he has provided this short message for you all:  "I’d like everybody to know that I’m excited to be a part of SPPS and I’m looking forward to putting on some of the best fights the game has ever seen."

Obviously, if you have any concerns, speak with us!  But in the meantime, I hope you'll welcome Rush to the org, embrace him as you did me, and continue to make sure that anybody who steps into the cage...has their head and nuts on a swivel!  Rush will be fully taking over within the next 7-10 days as CWC is sold off and he can assume full control of the org.  

Again, I thank you all for the 3+ years of amazingness that you've allowed me to share with you as part of the Sucker Punch family!!!  ~ Hare

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

I need to work on Mr. Pickles acceptance speech for entering the HOF...... Things in SPPF have changed... So Rush I think the time has come... To rename SPPF to "SUPER PICKLE PUNCH FIGHTING!!!!!!". This has been a long time coming and I'm sure all the other managers are open to the change.

Now this is something I can get behind!

Also, it was a very nice surprise to see the message about Noah getting inducted. My first ever time getting a fighter in any HOF!

• Like 2

140+ Hall Of Fame Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics & Clip Art -  iStock | Superhero, Famous, Paparazzi

The Big day has arrived. A day that will be forever recorded in the annals of history. For on  June 26, 2023. The Greatest fighter to ever live was inducted into the Sucker Punch Hall of Fame. Lets head down recap Mr. Pickles inauguration speech.

1687787274HareRumpler.png

Hare: The Great Pickle.  Master of the Pickle Punch and adept student of the Donkey Kick.  Trained amongst Sabre Tooth Tigers, sought dinosaurs for further development, engaged in endless quests!  Willing to challenge anybody, anywhere.  Has stepped through weight classes to take on entertaining fights and continue his storied career, albeit perhaps not always with a 'W' as the result!  Greatest character SPPS has seen.  Inducted into the SPPS HoF on the basis of flavor and value added to the org!

At these words from Hare a crowd of anywhere from 1000 to one million people burst out in cheers. People are seen crying and pickles are being thrown at the stage. 

A visibly touched Mr. Pickle approaches the podium prepared to give a speech. 

14232416879438.jpg

Mr. Pickle Edward Mills: Flank you Hare. When I was just a young pickle my goal was ta watch every episode of Dragonball Z in one sitting. When I finally completed dis goal I new I would one day be da best fighter in da world. At da age of 16 I stared to fight professional and now at the age of 30 I'm da greatest, dis means I spent more then 60% of my life fightin. Now dat I'm da greatest people might fink I would retire or move on but being the leader of da Pickles der is more dat must be done. Fur starters @soyster89 there is only one true pickle and its time fur Mr. Adrian "Dill" Picklesbly to stop running and fight me!. Next @Rambo I still need to fight your GOAT, I don't know if goats are able to fight but now dat a Dolphin is in charge of SPPF I fink we can make da goat fight happen. Utter den dat I need to say thanks to all my friends @Daudy who has been a long time sponsor of da pickle and da Parti Parti crew. @SteelPenn for giving me da greatest cuddle session in history. To @Oldbones and Kazuma for taking part in da greatest karaoke sing off to ever take place. OH!!! and @Helmans212 I plan on kicking Throff Clubmentals butt soon. To all my fans remember dat we don't bleed red. WE BLEED HALL OF FAME M*THER F*CKING GREEN!!!! 

6,700+ After Party Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | After  party mess, Hangover, Party

Later in the even reporters caught up with Mr. Pickle at the SPPF HOF party.

Jefferson Butchull: Mr. Pickle, with the announcement of you entering the Hall of Fame many people are surprised given your record of 14-19-2, many are saying its similar to Stephan Bonnar , in that it doesn't really make sense. 

Mr. Pickle Edward Mills: Ho ho ho, Oh Mr. Butthole, you forget dat fightin isnt always about winning its about passion and gettin da crowd excited ta see a fight. Stephan Boner always excited da fans dats why he was in da hall of fame and I'm just like Stephan Boner Mr. Butthole. So it makes perfect sense. 

Jefferson Butchull: Mr. Pickle, I need more information what your saying doesnt make sense.

How do we explain --- What's Passion....What are early signs of heart problems?

Mr. Pickle Edward Mills: What passion Mr. Butthole...........  It is obvious that we can no more explain passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate. I confess, I pray still to feel the touch of my lover's lips. Their hands upon me, their arms enfolding me... Such surrender has been mine before. I confess I pray still to be enflamed. To melt into the dream of us, beyond this troubled place, to where we are not even ourselves. Dis is da passion I have brought to da ring. All of my matches are an expression of love and of passion. Dis is why I am da greatest ta do it and dis is why I'm in da hall of fame. 

Jefferson Butchull: Mr. Pickle, I think I understand now.....I think like many other I to love you.....

The legend of the Pickle enters a new era.... This isn't an end this is a beginning. MR. PICKLE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL WE HAVE WRITTEN THE GREATEST STORY TO BE TOLD IN MMA TYCOON!!!!

crown - Wiktionary

ALL HAIL THE KING!!!!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

14232416879438.jpg

To @Oldbones and Kazuma for taking part in da greatest karaoke sing off to ever take place.

ALL HAIL THE KING!!!!!

While Kazuma is one of the all time greats (Let the record show his actual SP record is 25-13 contrary to his HoF induction stating 23-12) have to say it's hard to not feel slighted when you place that above the #1 ranked and voted for legendary fight in ALL of MMA history when Pickles fought Akara Kongsangchai after the world wide press tour, if I remember right it had 30 million PPV buys and it was so fantastic they were both given the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oldbones said:

While Kazuma is one of the all time greats (Let the record show his actual SP record is 25-13 contrary to his HoF induction stating 23-12) have to say it's hard to not feel slighted when you place that above the #1 ranked and voted for legendary fight in ALL of MMA history when Pickles fought Akara Kongsangchai after the world wide press tour, if I remember right it had 30 million PPV buys and it was so fantastic they were both given the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Don't worry Mr. Pickle only forgot due to the nature of the fight.... If you recall the blow Mr. Pickle received in that fight in fact wiped out 3 months worth of his memory. 

• Like 1

SPPS 264 Preview

image0.jpg

Happy Thursday! Welcome to the first ever SPPS Event Preview of the Rush Grayson era! With the current event schedule, my goal is to have previews for the Friday events up by Thursday and the Sunday events up by Saturday. In these previews I’ll briefly introduce each of the 5 ‘main card’ bouts and give my opinion on what each fighter needs to do to win. 

#1 Guy River vs. Apophis Kalmisto

IMG_6510.pngIMG_6511.png

In this first bout we have two Sucker Punch originals with debuts going back to SPPS 30 and 73, respectively. Over the course of their careers, both men have demonstrated knockout power and a willingness to trade on the feet and it wouldn’t be a surprise if it played out that way. Lately, however, Kalmisto has been showing some chops on the ground and his last 3 wins have come by Submission. This puts River in a ‘pick your poison’ scenario where he’ll have to decide if he wants to risk facing Kalmisto’s potent clinch striking or if he’d rather risk being taken down and possibly strangled. Kalmisto, on the other hand, will have to find an answer for the deadly efficiency of River’s distance striking. No small task when the man posing the question has 15 KO victories to his name.

#2 Landon McGuire vs. Jack Spratt

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

This next bout features another SPPS original who also happens to be teammates with the above mentioned Guy River. Landon McGuire debuted all the way back at SPPS 25 and even held the Middleweight championship at one point. He’ll serve as the welcome committee for newcomer Jack Spratt, a grilled veteran of the cage who created the Middleweight division at GAMMA 6 times, ascending to the lofty heights of #3 ranked Middleweight worldwide. Spratt is no stranger to SPPS, as he came over for an away game against our own Tanaka Matsuda who recently held the SPPS Middleweight title. Both men do business in very similar fashion, with Spratt being the more experienced and slightly more polished technician. Look for both of these wily veterans with wily veteran management to look to outwork and outwily the other in what has potential to be a fairly cerebral matchup.

#3 Chip Nickel vs. James Yarborough

image0.jpgimage1.gif

Chip Nickel reminds me of this one documentary I saw where a journalist visits one of Andrew Tate’s events and gets suckered into an unsanctioned MMA fight. In all honesty, that sounds like something that would happen here at Sucker Punch. Thankfully “The Scoop” wound up with a far more illustrious career than that guy. Chip provides the kind of ‘hard-hitting’ journalism that would make Cronkite smile with 17 ‘Of the Night’ awards sitting alongside his Pullitzer Prize. Chip looks to make headlines and make his way back to the front page of the Middleweight division.

James Yarborough is surely something out of a horror movie. Hailing from the ‘Game Grid,’ a place that sounds like it could somehow possibly be a more hellish landscape than Cape Canaveral, Florida, Yarborough looks to unleash CGI Carnage on the SPPS Middleweight division and certainly has revenge on his mind when he attempts to play spoiler to Chip Nickel’s title aspirations. Will “T R O N” cause a media blackout? Or will Chip run a magnet over his A.I. adversary?

COMAIN

Ben Slam vs. Daniel Spong

image0.jpgimage1.gif

Everybody get up, it’s time to slam now. We got a real jam going on when Ben “Dunkzilla” Slam faces off with Daniel “Demon” Spong in the comain event of the evening. Ben’s had a long career of posterizing his opponents and has enough KO(Punch) victories on his resume to make a certain gourd-adorned fighter sing his praises from the mountain tops. With this kind of kill-or-be-killed career, you already know what Ben’s looking to do when the referee lets these guys go at it.

Daniel Spong, on the other hand, brings a lot more variety and versatility to this matchup. With all the pedigree in the world, Spong will certainly look to outsmart and outskill his more specialized opponent if he finds himself unable to match his firepower. It’s Brains vs Brawn in an occupation where head trauma is a qualification!

MAIN EVENT: HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Noah Anderson vs. Charon Lehto

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

In a rematch for the Heavyweight title, two of the baddest big boys in the MMA Tycooniverse are on course to see who can hit each other in the face harder than the other. Both men have been on a rampage with 16 combined KO victories over the past 10 months, so if you expect this one to go 25 minutes then I have a bridge to sell you. At 220 cm Anderson is like if Stretch Armstrong were loaded with steroids instead of cornstarch, and the visual of him landing a Superman Punch to KO his last opponent is probably the closest you can get to a human carpet bombing. It is worth mentioning that Anderson does NOT like being punched in the face, as it’ll muss his $500 haircut and he’ll pass out from pure exasperation. Lehto being a fan of hats means he doesn’t have that problem and will look to capitalize if he can get around the 19 cm height difference. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

@soyster89

Pickle v Picklesby 7/19. 

Former Champ Vs Actual Hall of Fame talent

Lets make this happen!!!

@Beatdown MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

A verbal agreement has been made between SPPS legend Edward “Mr. Pickle” Mills and former WVT champion Adrian “Dill” Picklesbly. The fight is tentatively scheduled for SPPS 269 (haha) in Los Angeles!

IMG_6524.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2