Nominations: Restricted Org of the Year 2021

saklain

7 hours ago, lotos said:

Sucker Punch Pro Series is slowly transitioning to non-restricted, so not sure if they qualify? If, so I nominate them.

7 hours ago, scottxbandz said:

sucker punch

I don't think we'll qualify as I had the designation removed last month, and I'm truly very ok with that, but we very, very much appreciate the honorable mention!  There are a lot of great orgs mentioned here and there will be a very worthy winner!

There's a Hare Here!!

I see Sucker Punch taking over in 2022, now they have switched to open ID. Actually, I have so much faith in their success, I'm bringing as many of my fighters in as I can from now onwards. I have spoken to Hare about some some very exciting artwork contracts/projects coming up. Hare is an inspiration to the game and it's because of this, I'm thinking about picking up my paint brush again. Some of you may think I'm just praising his work because he's a fellow alliance member, but I guarantee you, he (as CEO) and his org will be at the number 1 spot, by 2023.

Sucker Punch brings a really interesting element to matchmaking that I have never seen before. Like interesting interim arrangements that give a non-ranked opponent a chance to face a ranked one. He even offered a title shot to any challengers at least twice. He poses a serious threat to all competition in terms of what his org has to offer. I will explain:

He proposes REALLY interesting matchups, between the lower tired fighters. I will be honest, I didn't really see the genius in it at the time. I'm old school. I usually just wanna see the best fight the fight the best. This is all fair between number one and two, but what about rematches and how does that bode for the next tier of fighters? You see, if the top 2 get match-up as default, then there can be an ever increasing gap; creating a clear divide between who is worthy and who is not. It can get a bit like an exclusive club. Only just recently has it become so evident that there are some orgs solely invested in short terms gains (hype) and others that are dedicated to the whole community.

It's fair to say that each of top orgs has their own qualities and objectives. But all that give too much attention to one thing, fail at another. I am emphasising the importance of overall value, integrity and above all, longevity. It seems the (somewhat conventional) set-ups I've described, can concentrate too much on the top rungs at a cost of neglecting the other tiers; thus somewhat protecting the higher echelons by neglecting this incrementally increasing buffer/margin.

So the genius in Hare's somewhat 'new school' methods of match-making, is that it actually addresses this; somehow closing that otherwise ever increasing gap. Other orgs might neglect or overlook such detail and unwittingly widening it, Hare tackles these issues. His 'no bullshit' approach and unorthodox style not only stays true to another level in terms of ethos, BUT ALSO encompasses a much wider berth in terms of an 'overall vision (or perspective). You know you are guaranteed to be looked after at Sucker Punch for the long term. The tortoise doesn't win this race. My money is on the Hare all the way!!

Seeing how some of the other orgs run their tings now, I can say unequivocally, Hare is 100% reliable in terms of fair match-ups (i.e. zero questions in terms of favouritism). He's a stand up guy and absolutely takes a great deal of time and effort to enrich ALL of our experiences (not just a selected few). His write-ups alone kill it in turns of flavour. 

His fairness, his community involvement and relentlessness pursuit to provide quality content is unprecedented. There is no argument here. Simply put, he's on another level.

WORTHY OF NOTE: Hare didn't just make wild match-ups. He took the time to explain what his plans were in a mass mail asking everyone is there were any objections.  

• Upvote 1