Nominations: Alliance of the Year 2022

Icon73

Just Five Guys Fighting.  As the name would imply, it's just five guys. Just a year old, it didn't miss a beat on it's march up the pyramid ladder. Made it to Division 1 and just hoping to be competitive and stick. We not only stuck, we were very competitive.  Finished in the top three first month in, then won four of the next five months losing the fifth on tie breakers. Won four monthly titles tying the vaunted Yabai for most monthly wins.  Quite an accomplishment for Just Five Guys Fighting.  Very proud of this Alliance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stepdads - I have never put anything in the pyramid stocks since it has always been heavily biased towards smaller alliances/less fights. Even when Convicted used to win it on a monthly basis it was legit Lance, CK, Me, Tosen and Ethan (plus Soyster before he left) - CK used to pass the alliance ownership around like a blunt so we all got the trophy. Once we started taking on new members such as Klatz and Montana (literally two of the best managers not in Convicted at the time) we didn't win it nearly as often. This was despite having half our members perma residents in the top 10 and the others inside the top 20 - the top 10 fighters in each weight division typically had 3 or 4 of them per division under management of Convicted managers. 

Stepdads have three fighters inside the top 10 and I think this might be the least they have had all year inside the top 10. Two top ten managers inc the #1. They have one of the best orgs if not the best org in the game depending on what you look for. I gotta give them the nod - Convicted have been really good also but already nominated. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, ArtieBanks said:

Stepdads - I have never put anything in the pyramid stocks since it has always been heavily biased towards smaller alliances/less fights. Even when Convicted used to win it on a monthly basis it was legit Lance, CK, Me, Tosen and Ethan (plus Soyster before he left) - CK used to pass the alliance ownership around like a blunt so we all got the trophy. Once we started taking on new members such as Klatz and Montana (literally two of the best managers not in Convicted at the time) we didn't win it nearly as often. This was despite having half our members perma residents in the top 10 and the others inside the top 20 - the top 10 fighters in each weight division typically had 3 or 4 of them per division under management of Convicted managers. 

Stepdads have three fighters inside the top 10 and I think this might be the least they have had all year inside the top 10. Two top ten managers inc the #1. They have one of the best orgs if not the best org in the game depending on what you look for. I gotta give them the nod - Convicted have been really good also but already nominated. 

Not sure what you're saying here. First sentence says you think small teams have an advantage by fighting less, seemingly implying that what Five Guys did was somehow propped up by a game bias.  Second sentence says that while you were part of a small team with Convicted it was "legit".  That's confusing to me.

You're nominating Stepdads, but in doing so seem to be implying that what Five Guys accomplished is somehow not worthy.  Small teams have to win a higher percentage of their fights and have to be winning higher hype fights to compete.  Not sure where the bias is.  We have to make up for fewer wins by gaining points with Opp Hype.  That's not easy.

Alliances are make up for all sorts of goals and missions.  That's the fun of them and belonging to them.  Five Guys had a mission...be competitive at the highest level.  Accomplished...and we had a great time doing it.  Can't take that away by implying a game bias gave it to us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Django said:

Not sure what you're saying here. First sentence says you think small teams have an advantage by fighting less, seemingly implying that what Five Guys did was somehow propped up by a game bias.  Second sentence says that while you were part of a small team with Convicted it was "legit".  That's confusing to me.

You're nominating Stepdads, but in doing so seem to be implying that what Five Guys accomplished is somehow not worthy.  Small teams have to win a higher percentage of their fights and have to be winning higher hype fights to compete.  Not sure where the bias is.  We have to make up for fewer wins by gaining points with Opp Hype.  That's not easy.

Alliances are make up for all sorts of goals and missions.  That's the fun of them and belonging to them.  Five Guys had a mission...be competitive at the highest level.  Accomplished...and we had a great time doing it.  Can't take that away by implying a game bias gave it to us.

I am saying how Convicted won it so often at the start because if favours smaller alliances and how despite building the best group of managers in the game at the time we couldn't win it nearly as often due to the numbers that were in Convicted (we went from 5 managers to around 10 active in 2014). Convicted won that stupid pyramid for damn near 2 years in a row. BHP who were the second best group of managers but legit had about 8-9 members fighting in it were struggling to even stay in group 1. Eventually alliances formed that smartened to the idea and had 5-6 managers tops in them. The larger alliances never got the love from the pyramid but BHP did win alliance of the year in 2014 - from memory they won the pyramid twice that year but Bowser, Barnabas and Lefty carried them to a very solid year plus Jug owning Evolution.

The thing that made Convicted winning alliance of the year? We were all the best managers in the game. We dominated the fighter and manager rankings - the pyramid thing never had much to do about anything - we honestly didn't give a fuck about it. I can't remember y'all having the #1 fighter or #1 manager this year - never mind having multiple members of the alliance doing it. That is what I call competing at the top of the game. 

The hilarious part is YABAI won it 5 times yet haven't even been nominated. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

I am saying how Convicted won it so often at the start because if favours smaller alliances and how despite building the best group of managers in the game at the time we couldn't win it nearly as often due to the numbers that were in Convicted (we went from 5 managers to around 10 active in 2014). Convicted won that stupid pyramid for damn near 2 years in a row. BHP who were the second best group of managers but legit had about 8-9 members fighting in it were struggling to even stay in group 1. Eventually alliances formed that smartened to the idea and had 5-6 managers tops in them. The larger alliances never got the love from the pyramid but BHP did win alliance of the year in 2014 - from memory they won the pyramid twice that year but Bowser, Barnabas and Lefty carried them to a very solid year plus Jug owning Evolution.

The thing that made Convicted winning alliance of the year? We were all the best managers in the game. We dominated the fighter and manager rankings - the pyramid thing never had much to do about anything - we honestly didn't give a fuck about it. I can't remember y'all having the #1 fighter or #1 manager this year - never mind having multiple members of the alliance doing it. That is what I call competing at the top of the game. 

The hilarious part is YABAI won it 5 times yet haven't even been nominated. 

YABAI never won it while we were in the division

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 1/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, Django said:

Just Five Guys Fighting.  As the name would imply, it's just five guys. Just a year old, it didn't miss a beat on it's march up the pyramid ladder. Made it to Division 1 and just hoping to be competitive and stick. We not only stuck, we were very competitive.  Finished in the top three first month in, then won four of the next five months losing the fifth on tie breakers. Won four monthly titles tying the vaunted Yabai for most monthly wins.  Quite an accomplishment for Just Five Guys Fighting.  Very proud of this Alliance.

you didn't tie Yabai bro, we won 5 months this year. 

hats off to you guys though, you had a very strong ending to the season!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Django said:

No offense , since i highly respect the majority of your members, (especially Bradley) BUT the points system DOES favor small alliances. All you basically need is relatively high fight hype ratings and a good win/loss ratio. By all means , that doesnt mean that your alliance is not competitive . Just pointing out that the system favors small groups.

Cheers !

• Upvote 3

Am I allowed to nominate again? If so, I'll nominate YABAI since they haven't been covered yet as per the above. Nothing to do with the discussion here (that's for the actual vote!).

Was thinking the other day that they're generally all very nice/level headed in my interactions with them, plus they're pretty good at the game.

• Skuzbukit pinned and unpinned this topic