Basic changes & upgrades to improve the game

Rambo

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Lack of KT fighters mostly because lack of interest mostly, imo. But yes, all things broken should be fixed. Fixed or scrapped.

What's the highest paid kickboxer(s) IRL make? And do the organizations that pay them profit when they're on the cards?

I'd imagine on average it'd be around the 5-10k mark with some massive one-off figures for top fighters in top fights?

Complete guess though. Could be miles off.

Glory, probably #1 with ONE Championship close behind

Glory Pay $20,000 - $30,00 a fight for lower to mid division fighters (who are still creaam of the crop champions from other orgs in many cases).

Popular fighters like Rico Verhoven, Badr Hari & some division champs can make near the $200,000 range but largely based on popularity & name recognition as they draw in crowds & sell the few PPV Glory run.

ONE Kickboxers make around $5000 to $20,000 a fight.

In the other orgs they start as low as $500 a fight and can go up to $20,000 for, relatively, big matches in those organisations.

As a general rule of thumb MMA pays around 2-3x what a fighter can make in Kickboxing almost entirely due to it being far more popular.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:42 AM, Rambo said:

Lack of KT fighters mostly because lack of interest mostly, imo. But yes, all things broken should be fixed. Fixed or scrapped.

What's the highest paid kickboxer(s) IRL make? And do the organizations that pay them profit when they're on the cards?

I would have to say majorly because of Alfred’s point is why you can say that first point. I mean who would be interested in slowburn losing game. 

Some simple changes I’d like to see on the org owner side:

- When sending contract offers, show the ‘Can Cut To’ weight when using the lookup function in addition to the name and walking weight.

- Add a button to hide inactive fighters in Fighter List +

- Add Grappling as a sorting option on FL+, Kickboxing is on there and there’s currently 3-4x as many grappling orgs as KT.

- A slightly deeper but still reasonable change is to make the Fighter List sortable by columns. At the very least sortable by skill level and p4p rank.

- Also change the way skill level is presented to org owners. My suggestion would be to swap the star rating system with the numeric values for primaries that you currently get on the Free Agent list. In my opinion the star ratings are a better fit for the free agent page, anyway.

Also, BRING BACK THE TICKERS! I found this page by accident

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php/Skill_maintenance

This looks fantastic and I know I would personally use this a ton.

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2023 at 4:48 AM, Beatdown said:

Some simple changes I’d like to see on the org owner side:

- When sending contract offers, show the ‘Can Cut To’ weight when using the lookup function in addition to the name and walking weight.

- Add a button to hide inactive fighters in Fighter List +

- Add Grappling as a sorting option on FL+, Kickboxing is on there and there’s currently 3-4x as many grappling orgs as KT.

- A slightly deeper but still reasonable change is to make the Fighter List sortable by columns. At the very least sortable by skill level and p4p rank.

- Also change the way skill level is presented to org owners. My suggestion would be to swap the star rating system with the numeric values for primaries that you currently get on the Free Agent list. In my opinion the star ratings are a better fit for the free agent page, anyway.

Also, BRING BACK THE TICKERS! I found this page by accident

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php/Skill_maintenance

This looks fantastic and I know I would personally use this a ton.

Dont agree on star rating swap. Why would i want fighter skill to be represented by just primaries when the skill estimator takes into account everything? Oversparred triple elite red belts would always look like a lopsided matchup to well trained guys with lower primes

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, Skuzbukit said:

Glory, probably #1 with ONE Championship close behind

Glory Pay $20,000 - $30,00 a fight for lower to mid division fighters (who are still creaam of the crop champions from other orgs in many cases).

Popular fighters like Rico Verhoven, Badr Hari & some division champs can make near the $200,000 range but largely based on popularity & name recognition as they draw in crowds & sell the few PPV Glory run.

ONE Kickboxers make around $5000 to $20,000 a fight.

In the other orgs they start as low as $500 a fight and can go up to $20,000 for, relatively, big matches in those organisations.

As a general rule of thumb MMA pays around 2-3x what a fighter can make in Kickboxing almost entirely due to it being far more popular.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, RISE and K-1 in Japan the biggest kicboxing leagues.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenshin_Nasukawa_vs._Takeru

They just did a show with 500k PPV buys

Also did a 25 million dollar gate.

https://blog.awma.com/tenshin-nasukawa-and-takeru-segawa-make-martial-arts-history-with-the-match-2022/

Both Takeru and Tenshin made 2.5 Million for that fight

Takeru signed a deal after that to make 750k a fight plus PPV points

ONE and Glory could not touch those numbers in their wildest dreams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Icon73 said:

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, RISE and K-1 in Japan the biggest kicboxing leagues.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenshin_Nasukawa_vs._Takeru

They just did a show with 500k PPV buys

Also did a 25 million dollar gate.

https://blog.awma.com/tenshin-nasukawa-and-takeru-segawa-make-martial-arts-history-with-the-match-2022/

Both Takeru and Tenshin made 2.5 Million for that fight

Takeru signed a deal after that to make 750k a fight plus PPV points

ONE and Glory could not touch those numbers in their wildest dreams.

I stand corrected, that said K-1 & Rise are very low exposure in the UK, I actually thought K-1 died years ago, do they even have much of a following outside of Japan these days?

I've seen more Thai-Boxing & Lethwei than Kickboxing in the past 5 years.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Icon73 said:

Dont agree on star rating swap. Why would i want fighter skill to be represented by just primaries when the skill estimator takes into account everything? Oversparred triple elite red belts would always look like a lopsided matchup to well trained guys with lower primes

I agree that maybe not primary scores, but why not just a numerical skill level like what’s already available in tycoon assistant for your personal fighters? I’m just saying of all things, matchmaking in orgs should be as streamlined as possible, especially in Restricted orgs where 2 fighters can have the same star rating, but also have a fairly substantial gap in skills.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, soyster89 said:

I'd completely forgot about tickers! 

The best thing about tickers was that Mike allowed everyone a one-off chance to re-do all the skills on our existing fighters when it was introduced. You could remove all the skills and redistribute them however you liked. That was awesome. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Columbo said:

The best thing about tickers was that Mike allowed everyone a one-off chance to re-do all the skills on our existing fighters when it was introduced. You could remove all the skills and redistribute them however you liked. That was awesome. 

Wasn't that only because at the same time of the introduction of the tickers, he also added escapes and transitions into the game?, We were all then given a chance to move our fighter's skill points around.  Am I wrong, I easily could be?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skizz81 said:

Wasn't that only because at the same time of the introduction of the tickers, he also added escapes and transitions into the game?, We were all then given a chance to move our fighter's skill points around.  Am I wrong, I easily could be?

You are correct. I forgot about the new skills being added and remembered that wrong.

• Upvote 1

I would pay VIP to check intelligence instead of relying on an obtuse method like stubbing your toe or whatever. The messages are far too random so I may have some clue about a fighter and none about many others. It's a strange system that I would easily pay some VIP to circumvent. This makes you money Mike! 

7 hours ago, Columbo said:

Wouldn't it be nice if once a year or so he enacted this ability or even charged for it? I'd be so happy as it would allow me to experiment with less time investment. 

11 hours ago, shockg said:

Wouldn't it be nice if once a year or so he enacted this ability or even charged for it? I'd be so happy as it would allow me to experiment with less time investment. 

negative, but i can see the appeal from a user standpoint. hope it's never implemented though, personally.

• Like 1

No tickers. No flying fighter tycoon. More easy buttons.

Would also be nice if you could enter sponsorship offers on your company page and managers could simply click it, pick their fighter, and request a sponsorship. Then all you gotta do as company owner is click accept/decline.

This system of having to manually input fighter ID's has to go. it's archaic, and way too time consuming. 100% leads to burnout.

Main Inbox filters would be great too. Accepted contracts/sponsors should be separate from the DM/PM section. Event write ups/previews (feature org owners can select when sending mass mail to org) should also be separate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Small request:

Add a toggle in Org options for showing the "Rules Flag".

Add "flags" for MMA & TWGC events (only KT shows at the moment as per the example image below - 001 is TWGC 003 is MMA but you wouldn't know that at first glance)

Would allow org owners to choose to show the flags or not - TWGC orgs & KT orgs don't need their events to display them but could choose to, any org hosting events of multiple rule types could display 1, 2 or all 3.

Event-rules-flag.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Columbo said:

"Buy in Game Dollars with your VIP time" page..

Maybe these offers should expire after some time?

There are offers on there from people who haven't even logged in for years.

Yes please..... Maybe have them expire after 30 or 60 days or something and can we raise the minimum? No one is ever purposely selling VIP at $20k per month. All those offers do is create a trap for someone to accidentally click on it and get robbed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1