Highland: Resurrection

PNmOynZ.jpg

Highland Games was an organization on Season 3 of The Island in 2014. It would break every record on The Island, before moving to the mainland and revolutionizing the MMAT Universe. The idea of a  25 year old promotion was controversial. Either you loved it or hated it. Island fighters were able to come to the mainland and continue their careers, competing for titles.

You spend six months on The Island building those fighters, testing and hoping they have the right combination of training, learning speed and hiddens to run through their weight class and take down their season’s final tournament….. It doesn’t need to end there! Doesn't it make sense to have somewhere they can continue their career without having to donate their hard earned hype to an 18 year old creation? 

Highland: Resurrection will be just that… a fight organization where 25 year old builds can resurrect their career and compete against other 25 year old builds. Where Island Fighters can return to the mainland and get their shot at  becoming an MMAT legend.

Immediately following The Island season we will be open to all weight classes and divisions offering fair fights and fair pay. Together we will return Highland back to its glory!!!!

Welcome back to Highland!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PNmOynZ.jpg

Island Free Agents

Highland management has been watching the final tournament closely and are excited to see who comes out on top in the next two days. We would also like to remind MMAT Managers that as we progress through the final rounds that a number of good fighters will sadly be released to Free Agency. This is typically because their current manager has no available slots or would simply prefer to save those slots for an 18 year old prospect. This presents an excellent opportunity for those with available fighter slots to pickup some fighters with some great hype and popularity.

Here are a few examples:

Euan Daxton (393124)

Small Richard (392286)

Jeremy King (392001)

Ron Schultz (392272)

With KIFC moving to Montreal and being re-branded as Highland: Resurrection within the next few days we will be all set to start sending out contract offers and start planning out initial cards. All fighters will also receive a sponsorship offer from Northern Zombie which will be release an official Highland: Resurrection line in the coming day designed by CelticStryder of Shadow Realm Apparel in Montreal.

The Resurrection is coming........... Welcome back to Highland!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Not much activity here but might be due to the lack of active managers in the game. If you look at the org Zombie has consistently running two cards per week since last July when The Island season ended and he brought Highland back to the mainland. I know in message with him he has even back talking about testing a move to the bigger arenas with the next series of events he is booking.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, AlVandal said:

WTF is up with champs fighting 3 rounders and cards with about 4 fights on them? Doomed.

All of the recent Championship bouts bar one was 5 rounds, I would say the one exception was probably accidental:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1153132

What is interesting is that this 3-rounder & the 2 prior matches were also a 3 round title fights but Lucky Lemon didn't lose his belt even though he lost both the last 2 fights, I do not know the reason for that.

As far as cards with 4 fights on them goes, I'm speculating here but that's almost always due to managers not accepting fights or being super-casual & can't be bothered to log in every few days, I'm sure the Org owner tried but I know from experience you can't always rebook in time.

14 minutes ago, AlVandal said:

My guy just beat the champ 145 lbs in a 3 rounder and not only doesn't he get the title his contract is done with no offer. Highland is fucked, it was great when Callum had it. 

Something funky going on with titles not changing hands.

Until we know more this is likely to be a bug rather than something nefarious going on.

The fight text in at least 3 bouts says they were for the championship but at the end of those fights there was no text about the title being retained or won.

EDIT: I've reported this as a bug now on 5 fights in Highland to let Vlad or Mike investigate what's going on here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 6:59 AM, NorthernZombie said:

Not sure if its just Highland or not. My VIP did run out so not sure if that is related to the titles not changing hands for some weird reason. I have renewed VIP for the moment as we continue to look for a new owner that can give Highland the time that it deserves.

Thx for nothing, never had an org. treat a high-level fighter like this in all my time playing.