The Island Season 15

Rei

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here we are, a whole bunch of people wanting to play this game, but we don't. Because we are waiting for the next big even number to roll up.. because.. because.. eh.. that's just how it works around here*.

So at least in the meantime we can have some fun with the island, but we don't. Because.. eh.. no one is around to click the start button? That's just how it works around here.

So here we are, VIP day counter soon ticking down faster than fighter id counter ticking up.

*until game dies or we (as the community) switch to date orgs.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

So here we are, a whole bunch of people wanting to play this game, but we don't. Because we are waiting for the next big even number to roll up.. because.. because.. eh.. that's just how it works around here*.

So at least in the meantime we can have some fun with the island, but we don't. Because.. eh.. no one is around to click the start button? That's just how it works around here.

So here we are, VIP day counter soon ticking down faster than fighter id counter ticking up.

*until game dies or we (as the community) switch to date orgs.

I have to agree with this currently waiting for either 400k or the island and it just getting a tad boring

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, venom09 said:

Honestly I'd welcome a wholesale switch to Creation Date Orgs. It would eliminate the "lost" ID's that now exist between the landmark ID's we've been conditioned to wait for. There are already "odd" ID orgs that have been successful, we just need to take the next step.

Since the creation date was added to the fighters page, there’s no better time for this to start IMO. Just takes one Brave org owner to gears the gears moving. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

Since the creation date was added to the fighters page, there’s no better time for this to start IMO. Just takes one Brave org owner to gears the gears moving. 

Ideally I think it should be a little more than that to make it stick if we want to stop having the long dead stretches before each id turn. We need to get a decent portion of the community behind it and ideally also Mike to post something in the game news and send out an email so people know we are back creating fighters again. There should probably also be some common practice like all date restrictions being on the first of a month, because it would be silly to have orgs a couple of days apart.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Ideally I think it should be a little more than that to make it stick if we want to stop having the long dead stretches before each id turn. We need to get a decent portion of the community behind it and ideally also Mike to post something in the game news and send out an email so people know we are back creating fighters again. There should probably also be some common practice like all date restrictions being on the first of a month, because it would be silly to have orgs a couple of days apart.

Unless of course someone wants that specific 4/20 date. All jokes aside though agree with of this. Getting Mike on board to send out mail is hit or miss.

F$$k Miami, just start the damn Island Mike!

• Upvote 2

I never understood the point of ID orgs in the first place..... Seems silly to have to wait for a landmark ID to roll around that could happen tomorrow or 2 months from now. Seems way more logical to treat it like tourneys where you make a forum thread for your new org letting people know how its going to work and set a creation date of December 1st for example.

Gives people some heads up to clean out their roster and free up some slots and gives a chance to build up some hype around the org and get things in order so they are ready to hit the ground running and start sending out contracts when the date rolls around..... Hard to get excited and build up activity around something like 400k or Island when no one knows when it will actually happen.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CelticStryder said:

I never understood the point of ID orgs in the first place..... Seems silly to have to wait for a landmark ID to roll around that could happen tomorrow or 2 months from now. Seems way more logical to treat it like tourneys where you make a forum thread for your new org letting people know how its going to work and set a creation date of December 1st for example.

Gives people some heads up to clean out their roster and free up some slots and gives a chance to build up some hype around the org and get things in order so they are ready to hit the ground running and start sending out contracts when the date rolls around..... Hard to get excited and build up activity around something like 400k or Island when no one knows when it will actually happen.

To be fair, when the game was more active you'd have a much better idea of when the next ID would roll round as there was enough of a playerbase that people would be constantly making fighters. Of course, it slowed down right at the end but it was never anything like today where its been dead since hitting 397. The system made a lot more sense when the game was at its peak because you were never all that far away from the next landmark ID and so it was easy to decide where restrictions lie.

The gap between 390k and 400k has been over a year. The gap between 290k and 300k was 5 months, so you never ended up with weird in-between orgs like 296 or whatever. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Rei said:

To be fair, when the game was more active you'd have a much better idea of when the next ID would roll round as there was enough of a playerbase that people would be constantly making fighters. Of course, it slowed down right at the end but it was never anything like today where its been dead since hitting 397. The system made a lot more sense when the game was at its peak because you were never all that far away from the next landmark ID and so it was easy to decide where restrictions lie.

The gap between 390k and 400k has been over a year. The gap between 290k and 300k was 5 months, so you never ended up with weird in-between orgs like 296 or whatever. 

Taken the words right out of my mouth. There was always a good flow of creations rolling through. Now, not so much and it makes the next ID turn a lot more annoying/frustrating. 

I will support any change towards new prospect orgs if I can by way of creating fighters. So, If say a creation date org started Dec 1rst I would have a few fighter slots open for it.

• Upvote 2

On 11/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, The1rstSaint said:

Taken the words right out of my mouth. There was always a good flow of creations rolling through. Now, not so much and it makes the next ID turn a lot more annoying/frustrating. 

I will support any change towards new prospect orgs if I can by way of creating fighters. So, If say a creation date org started Dec 1rst I would have a few fighter slots open for it.

Same..... I have a huge roster and would gladly support a well planned creation date org. It will give me a reason to clean out the scrubs on my roster and replace them with the next generation of Shadow Realm stars.