History of scandals/controversies

don't forget all the stuff the Latvian troll did in the game and out of the game.

9 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

lmao do you have any link to a thread about that? 

just a summary...

38 minutes ago, Mentor said:

10 years later and i am still #1 in total replies in my "scandal" topic 😁

It was the only one other than humors that happened before I started playing the game.

Since we've touched on the big main scandals, here's one that only affected me years ago in my first stint in the game.

The BIGGEST scandal was that way back during my first stint, I entered this forum competition in the off topic section titled "Worlds Hottest Sports Woman 2" and then got absolutely (and suspiciously) robbed in the final.

Basically a head to head bracket competition, where participants selected a bunch of photos (no nudity) of their selected sportswoman and submitted them to the tournament spank bank host. Each round (if you made it that far), the tournament host would put up that round's photo vs a photo of someone else, and the winner of the poll moved on. I reached the final with Alana Blanchard (a surfer) against someone who I don't even remember. Alana like 10 years ago was ridiculous, and I had done really well with my selection of photos (which is where some of the participants fell down a bit, choosing lame photos).

Anyway, I reached the final, cruising through. I won round 1 20-2! I was surely destined for the win. I don't even remember who my final opponent was was or who they chose to compete with, but I was winning the poll handidly until a very suspicious last minute surge of votes handed the win to the other guy. That had also occurred in their semi-final - two very deep come from behind wins at the last minute. Very suspicious, and to this day I still think about how I'm quite sure I got cousin'd.

No, I don't think there was actually any prizes. Yes, I'm quite sure the thread still exists. No, unfortunately you can't find it in my comments because all my posts are now labelled as 'guest'. And no, I no longer remember which pictures I submitted as it was like 8 or more years ago (I do remember one of them was her rinsing off in the shower after a hard day of surfing though...).

#Iwasrobbed #truestory #slownewsday

EDIT: It was actually "Hottest Woman Tournament #2" in the pictures and multimedia section, but the theme was athletes.

Reading through the comments, the 2nd controversy was whether or not to allow WWE divas into the tournament as athletes lol

On 2/23/2024 at 6:55 AM, kenlow73 said:

It was the only one other than humors that happened before I started playing the game.

You mised all the good times 😀 

Just the sheer response to that topic, you get the idea where the game was then and where we are now. 455 replies is probably what we get in a month in all the topics now. That is why i say that comparing fighters or managers today to the greats of 10 years ago is somewhat obsolete due to the sheer talent pool we had then and now.

You completely missed Camara moving money around between businesses with multis and using his "woman's" multi to move fighters from one multi account to another...all of which I believe resulted in a temporary ban perhaps, maybe not, but got his multi accounts banned permanently. Basically, a slap on the wrist for a huge infraction at the time considering he got to keep everything associated with his main account.  Basically, ok, I got caught, I lost the stuff I cheated with, but got to keep everything else, so is there really a deterrent?  Shouldn't be such a surprise that since then the amount of $ glitching, multi-using etc. has gone through the roof and makes what Camara did back then look like chopped liver.  But hey, whatever keeps VIP accounts (and multi ones too!) rolling so Mike gets the $, that's what matters, not the integrity of the game, right?  (and in case there's any confusion, there's very little integrity to the game left these days, it's more or less on its last gasping breath...)  Then, I think he finally did something about a year or so later to finally get himself truly and fully banned, although there are those who suspect he'd always been around on multiple multi's anyways and probably still is.

There was also a huge long list of Multi-Hunting that used to be posted by mods who had access to IP records.  Of course, you'd have to practically commit bloody murder with them even back then to get Mike to do anything about it.  Again, the $ cow and all.

Does "Bathroom Gate" not qualify either?  Mike taking off for almost an entire year or more with no activity or game fixes/enhancements so he could remodel the bathroom at home?  LOL!  Oh, wait, the activity now makes that look darn active at this point!

21 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

There was also a huge long list of Multi-Hunting that used to be posted by mods who had access to IP records. 

Happy to be corrected but I don't think they can see this anymore. But then again, it's just Bob left and maybe occasionally Alfred.

Doesn't change your general point though!

Not going to say what we specifically can or cannot see since that would be information multi-accounters could abuse, but wherever we spot patterns that look like obvious rule abuse we raise it internally for Mike to investigate, issue for him is always gonna be the sheer time it takes.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2024 at 1:42 PM, Fireballer34 said:

I just thought it would be kind of fun to compile all of the greatest scandals and controversies of the games history here.

Heres a few that I found and I’ll edit the post as people share some that they know.

CK banned from forums: 

Like him or not, CK added a lot to the game via the forums. I don't feel this sort of cancel culture is the right way to go about things. Was the comment out of line? Sure. But I think banning him from the forums negatively impacts everyone, not really CK. The game needs guys like CK. I miss the Jackie and Stu's of years past. They were the villains and added an element to the game. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/26/2024 at 11:05 AM, soyster89 said:

Like him or not, CK added a lot to the game via the forums. I don't feel this sort of cancel culture is the right way to go about things. Was the comment out of line? Sure. But I think banning him from the forums negatively impacts everyone, not really CK. The game needs guys like CK. I miss the Jackie and Stu's of years past. They were the villains and added an element to the game. Just my two cents. 

The forums need their King, the King of the forums, Caster.

• Upvote 2