MMATycoon 2.0

Vlad

Great news, good move, that's what I told sometime ago to Mike; someone new to help. ;)

Mike is a good guy but we need much more things to get improve, make that game better and better. A lot of things to fix, a lot of things to change.

Let's make MMA Tycoon better again.

You know what to do first @Vlad, just add Miami.

8 minutes ago, Curix said:

Tornado Kick TKO. xD

It would be cool if there could be different types of head kick KO's for high level strikers.... for example spinning heel kicks, tornado kicks, front kicks etc. Same thing could be done for body kick TKO's if they end up getting added. The fancy ones like the tornado for example could be locked behind a "gate" where the fighter would need 15+ kicks and MT before they could pull the KO off. This idea is far from perfect but with a bit more thought it sounds like a pretty reasonable addition. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, vaznys10 said:

It would be cool if there could be different types of head kick KO's for high level strikers.... for example spinning heel kicks, tornado kicks, front kicks etc. Same thing could be done for body kick TKO's if they end up getting added. The fancy ones like the tornado for example could be locked behind a "gate" where the fighter would need 15+ kicks and MT before they could pull the KO off. This idea is far from perfect but with a bit more thought it sounds like a pretty reasonable addition. 

Sounds like a cool idea! I'd encourage you to post it in the new suggestions section :)

3 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Sounds like a cool idea! I'd encourage you to post it in the new suggestions section :)

To be honest, new flavour text could be something you hold a community competition/activity for... :)

Ultimately you guys still get to choose what gets in and how (e.g. if there is a difference between a jab, slap, or massive uppercut - which currently there is no difference), but it could be a bit of fun for people.

• Like 2

Just now, Daudy said:

To be honest, new flavour text could be something you hold a community competition/activity for... :)

Ultimately you guys still get to choose what gets in and how (e.g. if there is a difference between a jab, slap, or massive uppercut - which currently there is no difference), but it could be a bit of fun for people.

To make a difference between those, wouldn’t it be nice for fighters to have some sort of hidden health bar, which is higher/lower depending on energy, chin, cuts, etc. Each move does a certain amount of damage according to that fighters skill in that move, and KO power also. Once HP is low enough, fighter would be rocked, and if gotten even lower, knocked out. This health would slowly regenerate throughout the fight and more so between rounds.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

To make a difference between those, wouldn’t it be nice for fighters to have some sort of hidden health bar, which is higher/lower depending on energy, chin, cuts, etc. Each move does a certain amount of damage according to that fighters skill in that move, and KO power also. Once HP is low enough, fighter would be rocked, and if gotten even lower, knocked out. This health would slowly regenerate throughout the fight and more so between rounds.

Isn't that hidden health bar just a fighters chin? A fighters chin is kinda like their health bar in the sense that the more they get hit and KO'd the easier it becomes to get KO'd again as their career progresses. I may be wrong but that is what I imagine happens to a fighters chin as he gets more fights under his belt.

1 minute ago, vaznys10 said:

Isn't that hidden health bar just a fighters chin? A fighters chin is kinda like their health bar in the sense that the more they get hit and KO'd the easier it becomes to get KO'd again as their career progresses. I may be wrong but that is what I imagine happens to a fighters chin as he gets more fights under his belt.

I don’t think it’s in the game that the more you get KO’d, the easier it is to happen again, I don’t even know if that happens due to aging. I really don’t know how the engine exactly works, I imagine it’s something like I described, does anyone know how the system works relating to “he’s rocked” messages and knockouts?

58 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

I don’t think it’s in the game that the more you get KO’d, the easier it is to happen again, I don’t even know if that happens due to aging. I really don’t know how the engine exactly works, I imagine it’s something like I described, does anyone know how the system works relating to “he’s rocked” messages and knockouts?

As I understand it from prior posts I have read there IS a "Chin" rating that decreases each time your fighter suffers a KO, it is one reason you don't want to fight your projects too early before you have trained up their avoidance & absorption skills, it has been noted that you can ruin a fighter's long term career prospects by doing that & getting KO'd often very early on.

Stemming from discussions with Mr Deflated Balls himself, CK, we suspect accumulated injury days may have some influence. I have had granites with 500+ accumulated days that started being pretty chinny (though maybe his heart wasn't the best who knows). Why else would that figure be tracked I suppose... and it correlates with more fights each guy has under their belt. 

I wouldn't be too much in favour of making everything too visual in terms of the specific formulas and nuts and bolts. Would turn a game that is already pretty min-max into more of one. There is some value in a little bit of fuzz, variance, and mystery.

Anyway, going off topic a bit I suppose. 

• Like 1

Happy to see fresh blood on the scene.  People were rumbling about Mike being MIA and not caring anymore, but this proves that he does care, at least.  I eagerly anticipate the changes and to see what you have in store for this game.  Lord knows I've tried to quit, but the game just brings you back.. the potential is undeniable, and if you can just scratch the surface of that potential, I'm sure we will all be very pleased.

Best of luck to you, we will all be eager to see your vision come to fruition.   

16 hours ago, MMATycoon said:

@Mentor - all the same game, no second server etc... Just a total revamp of the site and code to bring it up to the next level. You never know in future about a second server but that's not in the immediate plans. 

That is good, as a second server could actually kill everything, the game lacks a big enough core to have 2 or more servers.

As for Vlad, i think he is a great addition to the team, a person who knows the game very well and also has the enthusiasm and necessary skills to add to the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Doesn’t mean Vlad won’t though. 1400 fighters, definitely not dead in todays game though

547 managers. Of those how many are active? 

3 open gyms 1 one of them is decrepit and it's owner hasn't logged in 3 years. Another one has 0 fighters in it.

5 private ones

Two orgs there and 3 inactive not a good look

MIKE ADD MIAMI