AWC 2024

Fireballer34

It is time to bring back the Alliance World Championship!

Format

Group stage into knockout stage.

final format decided based on amount of teams there are

3x5 minute rounds

cage, 10 point must

Rules: 3 fighters per team

1 team per alliance

1 fighter per manager

18 y/o creations

Weight classes 135, 185, 265

17 days between fights

We will figure out the exact format based on the amount of teams that sign up

I will start PMing alliances but contact me in game or in this forum once you have a team

Teams:

Los Gringos

Joe Outlier

Snoop Jenkins III

Jaylen Robinson

Waiting For the Asteroid

Scottie 2 Hottie

Bobby Bowen

Alfred Winterbottom

FinnFighters

Jorma Oltsu 

Marky Mark

Frank Abbott

Little Death Squad

Rei

Mac Little

Domagoj Rakitic

Viper Club

Crazy Horse

Tycoon Judas

Pablo Spezziale

• Upvote 3

I haven't seen anything but this was Alfred's thing for a while now, has he handed it off?

Just a suggestion but you may want to consider allowing more than one team per alliance to give more depth to the field and not leave alliances filled with active players having to sideline potential willing participants. From past experience I would also recommend having a rule in place should the teams from the same alliance draw each other to prevent misunderstandings.

Also, could you clarify what you mean by exactly in the weight? Might just be me but I'm not sure if you mean the exact weight, or has to cut above the minimum, or has to have the minimum before cutting.

Thanks and good luck.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, venom09 said:

I haven't seen anything but this was Alfred's thing for a while now, has he handed it off?

Just a suggestion but you may want to consider allowing more than one team per alliance to give more depth to the field and not leave alliances filled with active players having to sideline potential willing participants. From past experience I would also recommend having a rule in place should the teams from the same alliance draw each other to prevent misunderstandings.

Also, could you clarify what you mean by exactly in the weight? Might just be me but I'm not sure if you mean the exact weight, or has to cut above the minimum, or has to have the minimum before cutting.

Thanks and good luck.

Alfred is working with me to get this, mostly just giving me advice on how to run it. He advised me not to have multiple teams per alliance, but it may be unavoidable if we don’t have a lot of teams, but I think we should be fine. Honestly as long as you make the weight by fight time, I don’t really care what you create at.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Just curious, why are you opposed to 18 year olds?

Not many points to go around on creation and unless there is a lot of time to train fighters end up very one dimensional. Also creations lean heavily towards grapplers which I find less enjoyable to manage personally.

• Upvote 3

We've had 18 year olds and 25 year olds and to be honest, most get thrown away after the tournament anyway. You're never going to please everyone so don't try. Personally, I'm not fussed either way. 

Don't like multiple teams idea for obvious reasons. Too easy for shenanigans to occur. Would rather see the team size increased to 5 and allow up to 2 fighters per manager for alliances with fewer members. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:11 PM, Fireballer34 said:

It is time to bring back the Alliance World Championship!

Format

Round Robin group stage

3x5 minute rounds

cage, 10 point must

Best teams from group stage advance to knockout stage

Rules: 3 fighters per team

1 team per alliance

1 fighter per manager

18 y/o creations

Weight classes 135, 185, 265 (just create exactly in the weight, I don’t want any issues)

17 days between fights

We will figure out the exact format based on the amount of teams that sign up

I will start PMing alliances but contact me in game or in this forum once you have a team

Maybe LOD will be interested, so we need 3 managers, 1 fighter per team?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mentor said:

Sorry, i meant 1 fighter per manager

Yes

54 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

SMESH could be interested as well depending on the details (creation date vs tourney start date if going with 18yo for example).

What do you mean by creation date vs tourney start date?

21 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Yes

What do you mean by creation date vs tourney start date?

it means....what will the date be whereas everyone will create their guy and when the tourney will start. As previously stated, it determines the type of builds created, whether they are one-dimensional, etc. Quite frankly 25 years olds are way better for a throwaway tourney with less time with varied builds; however if you are giving an upwards of 2/3 months for projects to actually be worth a damn, it has a much greater chance to NOT be a grappler snugglefest. 

26 minutes ago, Sprooch said:

it means....what will the date be whereas everyone will create their guy and when the tourney will start. As previously stated, it determines the type of builds created, whether they are one-dimensional, etc. Quite frankly 25 years olds are way better for a throwaway tourney with less time with varied builds; however if you are giving an upwards of 2/3 months for projects to actually be worth a damn, it has a much greater chance to NOT be a grappler snugglefest. 

Once we have enough teams I’ll announce a creation date. I think it’s possible that we could train for 2 months but I’m not sure if people are willing to wait that long for a tournament fighter. 

34 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Once we have enough teams I’ll announce a creation date. I think it’s possible that we could train for 2 months but I’m not sure if people are willing to wait that long for a tournament fighter. 

For sure, if we are training them for that long, I would presume they'd likely would have a career and not just be tourney fighters. 

Sadly, this may be a bit underwhelming participant wise, since Convicted and Yabai are not participating. We have 2 sign ups already, around 3 teams expressing interest. This is solid so far, but many alliance owners haven’t gotten back to me yet, so I’ll see what I can do about that.

5 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

Some may be holding off waiting for the format to be fully set before they decide, chicken and egg problem?

That’s kind of the issue, I don’t want to make a number so big we don’t get enough participants, but I’d like everyone who wants to participate to be able to. I think a reasonable number to shoot for is 12, but I think I’ll hold off on announcing the final format until I have a general idea of how many teams will do this thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Ok, since you guys need a set format, I’ll give you one. 

2 groups of 5, round robin, top 3 teams from each group advance to knockout stage. Top seeds from each group get a first round bye. 

Would be an unnecessarily unfair format. Ideally no team gets any byes. 

You also have no idea if you're going to get 10 teams. I highly doubt it personally as there are barely 10 active alliances. 

Just say the format will be a group stage followed by a knockout stage as per normal. Group phase tbd depending on numbers.