TWW news The exclusive most have been waiting for. (Mentor)

edit - link to Mike's decision on the matter.

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

Multi Accounts

As this I think is the most anticipated TWW exclusive done and a lot of people will read this I want to clear a few things up at the start. Number one the source of these comments were from Mentor himself in chat last night, at least a dozen or so people seen it and logs were saved. Secondly, all the evidence acquired was sent directly to Mike before I posted this. Thirdly I shall try to keep this as unbiased as possible but I am not a fan of multi accounts or those who use them to get a competitive advantage over others.

So I suppose I am better of starting at the beginning of what happened yesterday morning. I awoke to find a mail from Mentor and in this mail was him saying did I know Syn was going to boycott the Olympics, did I have anything to do with it and prolly the biggest slap in the face was him trying to tell me what I should write about in TWW. Here is the extract from the mail he send.

Also, do go around posting this in the chat either. If you want something to write about, do not bother with Steel Penn, go to the real news, If you want to write articles, write one about how Syn and their quitting tendencies. 2x in the past year they pulled out of events they were suppose to hold and it seems it is not even connected to who is in charge! If you work for Syn you will run away eventually. However i suppose it will be tough to write about the people you talk to every day.”

After that mail I was pretty pissed off at Mentor about that mail but as I said at the start this is unbiased but I am fairly certain you can see why I would be. The one really amusing thing is I have spoken to Mentor more than Dark Soul and Louie over the past couple of months yet here I am writing an article about him. So I went on chat and spoke to Louie about the mail I had gotten from Mentor and he wasn’t pleased either that Mentor was going around punting shit behind Syn’s back.

Let us hop on a time machine and fast forward to later that night. Mentor came in to chat and called out Louie when Louie said BRB, Mentor told him not to go. Why is this relevant? You shall see in a few minutes. So Mentor was accusing Dark Soul of being incompetent and asking Louie why he didn’t teach him how to run an org. Louie replied saying that Mentor has multiple accounts and this backwards and forwards answer the question, no you answer the question and the occasional shout of abuse by Mentor (yes he actually said abuse like someone being attacked by Jon Hess).

Castor brings Dark Soul into the mix and then the shit hits the fan. Mentor admits that he used these multi accounts for testing nutrition companies. He made sure that he said used and not use but that is not the point he admitted to using multi accounts. Duphus brought up the two accounts that Mentor has been linked with via IP match. They are both still active and in fact Mentor had logged into them that day.

16:45 Mentor I was testing the companies and other parts of the game”

A direct quote from the man himself, admitting that he had been using them in the past to test things in the game. This here now brought up a few questions for myself so I asked Duphus to see the two accounts he is linked with and I was shocked to see what I did. Both accounts have either fought inside GAMMA or for one of GAMMA’s feeder orgs. I believe this is what one would call a competitive advantage using the multi account to fill in events for you. Duphus looked into prior companies owned by the multi accounts and found that they had been used in org mergers in the past such as RCS.

He said that he has been testing for a while and Mike knows about these two accounts. If that is the case then I am for one shocked that Mike would let multiple accounts be used in such a way. To test things, I am sure we would all love to pick up some dummy accounts to test sliders on and figure out the perfect model. I do not however think Mike would allow him to hold fights in his own org with these accounts or to use them in org mergers.

After him saying that he then spoke about him owning his own game and how he has testers for that. I don’t mind having people test things out but as above these accounts were used to give Mentor an advantage over other org owners who sometimes could not fill cards because of fights not accepted. It also meant he could use it to make his org stronger by using it to merge other orgs into GAMMA. It is a lot easier to merge two orgs together when you can control both sides.

Mentor then went on the defensive; he knew he had been caught. He denied that he used these accounts to fight in GAMMA or merge orgs together despite the evidence slapping him in the face. He eventually after denying it owned up to it, seems to be a recurring theme. He said he used them in September to run a few fights, but it had been closed for 9 months. http://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=51190 is one of the accounts in question. Why has it been logged and why was the last fight in December? http://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=47180 this is the second account linked to Mentor. Why does it have fights in a GAMMA feeder org which happened just a few days ago? He said that one of the accounts logged due to cookies. Damn…

After that it really just went in swings and roundabouts in chat. Mentor though has been caught and admitted to using multi accounts for what he claims is just harmless testing. Yet it has been proven he has used it to gain an edge in the game. The last person to do something along the lines of this was Ztarken. Some will say what about Steel Penn, well he just used them to hold nutrition companies and -1 Gable. So now we get on to what should be the punishment handed down for this. Well if you ask me I would strip Mentors account down to 0 including taking the org and putting it up for general sale, just like what happened with Steel Penns org. If Mentor manages to pull together the cash to buy it from his friends etc then just like Penn he can re-own it. I’d also make sure he hasn’t sent a ton of money in preparation for this to his alliance mates. I wouldn’t like to see him banned from the game, just like Steel Penn he does bring a bit of entertainment.

Now lets us get into the afters, as you guys have no doubt seen Mentor sent a message telling people to avoid Syn. I do not know if this was an alliance message or just a one off message. I also seen another one where he was trying to use his alliance to get things voted the way he wants them; tell me if that rings a bell for anyone? This isn’t illegal but it also isn’t good for the community and neither is cheating. As a man of the community like Mentor says he is, he should know better.

Now let us get into the comical side of things. Here is a couple of one liners from last night’s show.

Dinooo1 why do you think dark_soul is an incompetent org owner? (directed at Mentor)

GSP because he does it with one account dinooo1

Dinooo1 TWW News here live in the deserted place they call chat, where right now something amazing has happened. They are life in chat! Mentor has been accused of using multi’s, Mentor accuses Dark Soul of being incompetent and Dark Soul counters that argument with why is Mentor incompetent at hiding multiple accounts. Oh my dear giddy aunt, the chat… its alive!!!

dark_soul Mentor - why are you incompetent in hiding your multi's

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

First of all i would like to say here is my favorite multi account:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=889

In correlation to the subject of multi accounting. I own my own game (you can see it in my sig), so i know how easy it is for people to violate basic game security. You could argue that Syn's top end is composed by 4 small alliances. Are some of them muti accounts? Possibly. I sure know it is not difficult to set up a proxy account.

How i see it, there is 2 logical explanations?

#1 It is true
#2 It is not true

But since i am here it means? <<enter right answer>> Unless you are implying the game allows its members for YEARS to violate the rules? That is absurd and i suggest you do not go down that road. In fact i could argue that was not even me. I never log in using simply Mentor as my nick (everyone knows that) and the IP is not evidence either. I can use any IP i want via VPN.

But, lets for the sake of arguing it was me, what do i think about things which are said in forums or chat channels? This is the internet, people can say and be who they want. For example Chuck mentioned that i said in the channel yesterday i made 8 million $ per year. Is that true? No, so what you going to do, sue me for posting inaccurate salary details? Another known internet fact is i am Don Corleone (pretty obvious from my avatar right), So was it me? Yes, it was Don Corleone posting as my multi...............so screen shot that as evidence and send it to the police.

what is amusing though is that all of this came up right after Syn were unable to compose a team of fighters for the biggest event in Tycoon history and we went back and forth about it in the Olympics thread yesterday. Sounds like a
retaliation shot to me.

I think Syn should spend more time in getting their act together (such as posting the occasional news thread and getting more organized in the events they participate in) and less on game moderation or off game subjects, unrelated to their product.

Note: I am not going to address the subject of multi accounting again.

This is my last post here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

Now, this is not anyway influenced by my issues with Mentor. Anyone in my alliance will know I am anti cheating.

I think that as we have seen this before, with Steel Penn, the only fair way to deal with this is to use past punishments as a guide. This scum bag needs dealing with appropriately. No favors. No get out of jail free passes.

• Upvote 1

I'll wait to hold my opinion until we know more, but it sure sounds bad.

Were you in chat? If not that showed he was guilty. Other than his admission obviously. He was dying in front of us and had no option but to offer reasons he thought were ok in his defence of having multis.

He knew too much and replied to quickly regarding accounts that were put forward. If he was just messing around then he would not have replied so quickly and so accurately about the other accounts.

So in your defence you accuse Lance Templeton of being your favorite multi account (i am sure Lance will love you bringing his name into this).

You start it off with talking about Syn and how it is 4 small alliances that it consists of, i really fail to see the point in bringing it up but ok.

You say that you can argue it wasn't you in chat. We all know it was you in chat you explained the missing GAMMA part previously, but now it make sense why you left it out; so you could make that argument a tip of the hat for that one.

Your next defence is that you claim that things are posted on the internet are false and people hide behind hidden identities all the time. That these are false so therefor whatever i say would also be false. Thus saying that you are innocent. I am sorry but that is the weakest defence i have ever seen. You are also saying you could use a VPN to create multi accounts, that is a widely known fact people could use proxies to create multiple accounts but not everyone is that careful and in this case neither were you.

You end it with what you started with another shot at Syn, once again i do not see the point in it. This is not about the olympics or Syn; this is based off what you said in chat last night.

Now this is clearly a pre-written message that you have put some thought into as you do not even try to defend apart from the it may or may not have been me. The one thing you seem forget is this is not the court of law; this is MMA Tycoon. I have sent what was said in chat along with the evidence to Mike prior to me posting this since people got pissy last time that i didn't send it to Mike.

Were you in chat? If not that showed he was guilty. Other than his admission obviously. He was dying in front of us and had no option but to offer reasons he thought were ok in his defence of having multis.

He knew too much and replied to quickly regarding accounts that were put forward. If he was just messing around then he would not have replied so quickly and so accurately about the other accounts.

Do you want the chat from last night? It all got saved, i just got fed up quoting things since for the next 5 hours that is all i will be doing.

No, I wasn't in chat, and I'm not denying any of your info., I think it's a great article and paints a pretty bleak picture for Mentor. However, I try not to cloud my vision of people or a community (we're a community, right?) until factual information is presented along with an explanation.

Just imagine how dumb we would all feel if Mike came out and said he knew of Mentor's multi's this entire time and there was a valid reason for them. I'm not defending him - don't get me wrong - but I prefer waiting to hear the whole story before grabbing my pitchfork.

I heard from castor on a different thread about this last night but good to see the whole picture of it.

Really, if he admitted to it in chat, then there is nothing else to discuss. Like dinooo said, use the Steel Penn example of how to deal with him, but a bit more severe due to the increased advantage he gained.

Again, great article by the way. With all the info in one place, I am pretty sure there is no chance that he can get out of this one.

I log in to the forums today and the very first thing I see is Mentor trying to make a joke about this mess, like its no big deal, then, lying, denying that it was him in the chat last night...lol this is Priceless

Youve been caught with the pants down son, youre a cheater. You are already exposed. Now the only thing you have left to do is act like a man and admit what youve done instead of continue these lies.

• Upvote 2

No, I wasn't in chat, and I'm not denying any of your info., I think it's a great article and paints a pretty bleak picture for Mentor. However, I try not to cloud my vision of people or a community (we're a community, right?) until factual information is presented along with an explanation.

Just imagine how dumb we would all feel if Mike came out and said he knew of Mentor's multi's this entire time and there was a valid reason for them. I'm not defending him - don't get me wrong - but I prefer waiting to hear the whole story before grabbing my pitchfork.

Very well said soyster89!

Im almost 100% that Mike knows many, many managers who have more than one account and lets it fly for whatever the reason is.

All this sounds like a some weird ass witch hunt to me. Looks like Mentor stepped on Dark Soul's toes and now everyone is teaming up against him or something. I mean damn Mentor is probably the most active helper of new managers in our twisted little community! And ofcourse Im not saying that it gives any leeway if he has more than one account. I'd just like to see a little bit more sense in these drama saturated bs "cases".

I wonder how many great managers have to quit the game before Mike wakes up and puts a stop to this? Personally I would love to see a lot more professional touch in the way our poisonous forum is run.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Very well said soyster89!

Im almost 100% that Mike knows many, many managers who have more than one account and lets it fly for whatever the reason is.

All this sounds like a some weird ass witch hunt to me. Looks like Mentor stepped on Dark Soul's toes and now everyone is teaming up against him or something. I mean damn Mentor is probably the most active helper of new managers in our twisted little community! And ofcourse Im not saying that it gives any leeway if he has more than one account. I'd just like to see a little bit more sense in these drama saturated bs "cases".

I wonder how many great managers have to quit the game before Mike wakes up and puts a stop to this? Personally I would love to see a lot more professional touch in the way our poisonous forum is run.

Snap

I wasn't in chat from the start so not too sure how it came about. But as I said in another forum, not many people know me as I keep low profile.

I'd guess whatever kicked it off was less to do with people defending me and more to do with Menter's attitude. I think he went in there to bad mouth me, just like he's been sending PM's to everyone asking them to not deal with me. It backfired, in a massive way. Regardless of whether people know me or not, many people don't stand for that kind of 2 faced bullying.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it matters if a person is the most helpful person or not, anyone who has another account has an unfair advantage whether he used it or uses it for testing or to help with orgs - I don't think it matters what it is used for, it's still an unfair advantage.

In a game where people pay good money (and rightly so as this is a game that definitely deserves supporting) I think it's very wrong for people to have multiple accounts and for it not to be acted on.

I hope this gets soted one way or another very quickly.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for summarising what happened last night/ this morning in chat dinooo. I didn't have a clue about this until I seen the threads on it this morning. I'm keeping them open until something has been done about it.

I'm disappointed that someone like Mentor who has been around for over 5 years now had to resort to using multis to play the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow this is just ... someone help me find the right word for it.

Congrats to Mentor, you just made history. You just lost all the respect I had for you, and to top that, you are now seen as a ****ing pain to deal with. It kinda looks like whenever something doesn't go your way, everyone's to blame. Again, congrats my man, you are the shit.

• Upvote 4

Mentor, my dear, dear friend Mentor. I have but one question for you, why do you have such a deep rooted hatred for Syn? I almost feel like suggesting professional help here as these desires of yours to spend every waking moment you have on bad mouthing and slagging everything Syn is making you delusional

• Upvote 6