Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

Well judging by the poll there is plenty more in favour than not, but Mike has said the biggest issue would be making the fight engine balanced which would take a hell of a lot of coding and time, and probably a whole lot of trial and error.

If it could be done in some way though for me it's still one of the best improvements that can be made.

• Upvote 1

Well judging by the poll there is plenty more in favour than not, but Mike has said the biggest issue would be making the fight engine balanced which would take a hell of a lot of coding and time, and probably a whole lot of trial and error.

If it could be done in some way though for me it's still one of the best improvements that can be made.

Yes. I think at the moment, the update should be further studied and tested.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that this update would be great.

But we can not have certain problems, I think we should just be able to choose whether or not we change our tactics.

I am sure that at least 95% of people would love this update.

For example:

In the current tactics are:

Follow my orders vs. See how it goes

In this update it would be interesting terms for each round.

It can create up to five strategies. (One for each round. 5 rounds)

Options tactics:

Round 1:

30% Using kicks / 65% Punches in the body / 10% clinch try / 05% Try Takedown

Round 2:

(X) Follow strategy, to win the first round.

( ) Create a new tactic, if you lose

( ) Create a new tactic, if he wins

Round 3:

( ) Follow strategy, to win the first round.

(X) Create a new tactic, if he wins

Round 4:

( ) Follow strategy, to win the first round.

(X) Create a new tactic, if you lose

Round 5:

(X) Follow strategy, to win the previous round.

That would be great, because the fights would be more interesting. And the fighters who have skills in more than a fighting style, I could risk other strategies. Wrestlers for example, in the current game, when fighting with large Strikers or can just break down or are knocked out. When fighting with Grapplers (BJJ fighters) or control the fight, or are defeated by submission.

Depending on the strategy, the wrestlers for example, could use more of the clinch before trying to take down, use more ground and pound or more trying to control the ground game.

This would eliminate the excuses of the managers liars and leave the game more exciting.

I hate when I create a strategy, lose the first round and I find that I lose the fight for a botched strategy.

The only problem with this system would be ...

... that his fighter will lose the fight by using the strategy of the first round?

Does he could not reverse the combat? With the new strategy, it will be more convincing?

This will make the strategies are studied and applied to every fight.

Recalling that way we can change our aggression. This is a very interesting factor. For example, you can lose the first round using 60% counter. Knowing that lost the first round, you put 75% aggressiveness in the second round, this increases its popularity with the public to see his fighter really want to stop that fight. It's the type who "kill or die"

+1

I am sure that at least 95% of people would love this update.

Well, you can count me as one of the 5% that would not like this update. Personally, I feel like it isn't needed. Not only would it make setting sliders overly complicated (especially for new managers), but I feel it would have a negative impact on preparing for fights by scouting. And the last thing I want is a bunch of "if [blank] then [blank]" options.

I'm in the other 95% of the populus who when fighting, if I've lost the first 4 rounds wouldn't mind having a few options for fighting the 5th other than doing the exact same thing that didn't work for the first 4.

I would be happy with a

() if winning use

() if losing use

but I don't want to take away from the value of SHIG either, so there needs to be some compromise.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

In theory I love the idea. However, I'm not sure how it would work in reality. Obviously, if I dominated with my old tactics, I'm not going to want to switch it up. However, the decision to change tactics will have as much to do with the tactics my opponent is using as the result of the previous round. The only system that I can see working well is one in which you are able to watch the fights live and change tactics in between rounds, but that is blatantly unfair to fighters who can't be online at the exact time of a fight.

If a realistic system was developed, I would be in favor of it, but I think it will be next to impossible to do well.

That's a separate issue if you think there's one way now and you're more than welcome to start a thread or PM me about it.

just seems like if there would be a one way wins all with different tatics then there would be a one way wins all now -- maybe im just confused on how its possible that would create a one way wins all if there isnt one now -- i dont think there is one now but i honestly have no clue if there is or not -- by my record you sure know i dont know it if there is one -- lol

OK I see what you mean. Well, for example it might end up being

R1 run away.

R2 leg kicks.

R3 takedown and submit.

Something like that. I don't know if it would always work but I can see something like that being a problem.

I see what you're saying but no system will always be perfect, if there does turn out to be a set way then it can always be evolved and worked on. (Easy for me to say I know)

There probably isn't a set way right now but I would have thought most agreed that relatively aggressive, relatively high damage would put you in pretty good stead in most fights, it's not a given win that's for sure but I'd wager that it's the common tactic right now. Before the set way used to be the high counter way to win, before that there was the sub spam method. There is always going to be a more favoured tactic.

Going back to your example, any game plan like that with massive changes from round to round is going to requite a very skilled fighter who is extremely well rounded so it wouldn't always be easy for every fighter to go for an advanced gameplan.

I know this is obviously a major update and would require a lot of work so rightly it does need a lot of throught put into it and isn't anything that needs to be rushed or planned for the near future but I still think if done well it could be a great addition and I still completely agree with your opening post. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... I just dont see the direct benefit of it. The reason why a fighter would change his tactics between rounds is usually in reaction to what his opponent is doing. Very seldom do you see a fighter change tactics dramatically between rounds as a predetermined strategy. I cant speak for everyone, but I know that I dont have a good enough grasp of the tactics to put together a solid strategy that would take advantage of mixing it up between rounds.

If you tire someone in the clinch with knees to the body for 2 rounds and go for the KO in the 3rd this would be useful

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

No one would ever uses a blindly predetermined change in tactics.... that is just stupid.

I know people don't care for WEBL, but the

If winning then use ____(fight plan a )_________

If losing then use _____(fight plan b )__________

is by far the only realistic way to implement this. (at least the only way I care to see)

• Upvote 2

Round by round tactics per se I would be opposed to since it is impossible to know how the fight is going and it would be stupid to shnge out of something that is working just because you had it in the fight plan. But a limited number of conditionals would not be a bad idea. Something like:

if opponent seems tired and then switch from leg and body strikes to head punches and high kicks

or maybe a few others. SHIG only goes so far and maybe it could be used as a trigger for those conditionals, but there already are if winning and if losing conditionals in the engine.

That's what swing for the fences and fight for decision are for. If you are losing you go all apeshit and try to score a desperation KO. Although it is usually so late in the fight that if you are losing you are also probably tired out to the point that a desperation KO isn't going to happen, but who knows? And Fight for Decision basically just says, I got this and so you get more defensive and ride it out to the end of the fight rather then doing something risky.

I think that maybe making the fighter who is fighting for decision more obviously doing so is in order. Right now it doesn't really look like there is much difference in style after that kicks in, but otherwise I think that those cover what AJPerok is saying more so than SHIG.