Training & Fight Engine Changes

Mike, it's Monday and I have called in sick for work today so I can reallocate these points ... any idea when the link will be ready so I can start reallocating? It's like xmas morning and I cant open my presents. :)

You did what? geez, you really love this game...I can't imagine what you would do if God forbid, this game went away.

Has anyone noticed the formulas for allocating skills seem to be off?

I thought transitions could go as high as def grapple?

Escapes is the average of wrestling/bjj/d grapple?

I have a fighter who is showing max transitions at 129.3 (when i drop my super subs to useless) that number doesn't move, but somehow my escapes goes close to elite?

That somehow seems wrong

Has anyone noticed the formulas for allocating skills seem to be off?

I thought transitions could go as high as def grapple?

Escapes is the average of wrestling/bjj/d grapple?

I have a fighter who is showing max transitions at 129.3 (when i drop my super subs to useless) that number doesn't move, but somehow my escapes goes close to elite?

That somehow seems wrong

Can't find the page.

Well I sent you a PM mike because I am almost certain you have the formula's backwards. I could be wrong but might want to look into it.

Seems that my escapes are able to go as high as my d grapple, and my transitions seems to be the average of wrestling/BJJ/D grapple.

Thought in the WIKI it said it was meant to be the other way around?

Yeah I wrote the wiki wrong. I checked how it's done and have updated it now. I included submissions in the transitions cap because transitions are also offensive, not just defensive. I got it basically the wrong way around but also said it was wrestling instead of submissions, in that initial wiki draft.

what i do see happening is ,

a young fighter will be made with standup skills and fight in KT orgs ,while doing so up untill around 28 he will train ground game at the same time ,by 28 h is rounded enough for 3-4 years of mma. end of game for him then

I changed the wiki - the page is staying as it is.

We could debate that one all day I think but it's not really that big of an issue, as it will probably only make a bit of difference either way.

To clarify the reason a bit though, we shouldn't be thinking about what it takes to defend an escape, to decide how good somone's own escapes are.... we should be looking at how good they were at escaping under the old system, which looked predominantly at their defensive grappling. Likewise when the old system looked at their ability to advance position, it looked a few different things. It didn't look at subs specifically but that was a nice easy way of having a combination of both offensive and defensive skills, to work out a cap.

I posted the link in chat for people to check but they aren't meant to be submitting their fighters yet, just checking it's OK. I'm sure some have hit submit already though.

Ye I got overly excited and submitted all 20 of my fighters already.. did not know we were not supposed to, hopefully this aint a problem!?

Ye I got overly excited and submitted all 20 of my fighters already.. did not know we were not supposed to, hopefully this aint a problem!?

Probably not, the link is now up on the site.

Happy re-allocating everyone!

Calmlikeabomb - same thing happened to me, just edited my first fighter, the points from the secondaries came off, the points from the physicals didn't....

I think best to leave the point allocation until Mike responds.

It got taken down because it was really daft to post that. You should have PMd me because we could have had a rush of people going and doing what you said and completely screwing up the whole game. Luckily I saw it and have taken the page down.

I have some checks in place and can do some reversing but this is gunna be a difficult fix to sort out all the fighters affected.