Fight Engine Discussion

MMATycoon

CRAZY WILD IDEA TO LIVEN THE GAME UP: we introduce INSTANT quickfights for larger payouts?

I expect it's a long shot, but if anyone else is getting a bit fed up with the game and has any better ideas then please say so.

How it might work: On the quickfight page, you tick a box that says ready to fight immediately. Once both have accepted the fight and then we have a bit of time (1 hour maybe?) to set up our sliders accordingly.

• Upvote 4

CRAZY WILD IDEA TO LIVEN THE GAME UP: we introduce INSTANT quickfights for larger payouts?

I expect it's a long shot, but if anyone else is getting a bit fed up with the game and has any better ideas then please say so.

How it might work: On the quickfight page, you tick a box that says ready to fight immediately. Once both have accepted the fight and then we have a bit of time (1 hour maybe?) to set up our sliders accordingly.

I like it but quick fights should not receive a bigger payout imo. This would be a great addition for new players so they can instantly get a taste of the fighting part of the game so that they don't have to wait days before their first fight. Perhaps we could limit it to fighters made in the last couple of days?

• Upvote 3

I like it but quick fights should not receive a bigger payout imo. This would be a great addition for new players so they can instantly get a taste of the fighting part of the game so that they don't have to wait days before their first fight. Perhaps we could limit it to fighters made in the last couple of days?

this would be a dope way to improve QFC, and maybe fix some of the exploits.

OK, so my thoughts....

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I would also be in favour of adding a 3rd training slot per day and shortening the game year by a couple of weeks. With that, we would have a more dynamic game with more options and it would let us have semi-private gyms, as a solution to the private / public gym issue. I think this all fits well together with a lower overall skill cap.

This topic was brought up again today in the developers thread and I would like to get some discussion going on it if possible. A lot of concern surrounding the game is the time it takes to build your fighters up and I believe adding this third training session per day may help speed things up a bit. I also believe we should tweak the training just slightly as well to increase training speed. Maybe we could also discuss the idea of adding training sessions on Sundays? With Mike working on a couple of items for upcoming changes I think this is something we should consider seriously and maybe have it included in one of the next waves of changes.

Discuss amongst ourselves...

This topic was brought up again today in the developers thread and I would like to get some discussion going on it if possible. A lot of concern surrounding the game is the time it takes to build your fighters up and I believe adding this third training session per day may help speed things up a bit. I also believe we should tweak the training just slightly as well to increase training speed. Maybe we could also discuss the idea of adding training sessions on Sundays? With Mike working on a couple of items for upcoming changes I think this is something we should consider seriously and maybe have it included in one of the next waves of changes.

Discuss amongst ourselves...

Personally I think he is trying to make it harder than it needs to be. I think it would be easier to just speed up learning speed, speed up fighter ageing and see what that does. That will help people get projects fighting faster and cause a turn over at the top faster. Speeding the whole game up, which is one of the biggest complaints people have.

I do think gyms need to be addressed we do need more coach skill points if there are going to be more skills. Maybe base the points you have available off the number of fighters in the gym. That would let private gym owners start letting people in to train and still get good training. I know he mentioned having some sessions private and some public and adding a third session each day, but again I think the easiest fix is just more coaches. I spend almost half of every Sunday setting training for the week, a third session would just add that much more time. Then if something declines I have to change up something. To me keep it easy and people will like it better.

I cant speak for everyone but the only reason I keep my gym private is to keep my training good. If I could add more coaches I would add more managers to my gym. That helps everyone. As it is, I wont really need many extra skill points for myself, but no way can I let anyone else in to train with 2 more skills to cover.

So I guess the only thing that really affects me is the learning speed, I would much rather leave it at 2 sessions and just speed everything else up. But if I am not seeing something someone please point it out.

• Upvote 1

I like it and I hate it.

Like it because it gives an option to use the existing coaches with much higher efficiency, milk more 1on1 sessions out of the same number of coaches and generally train faster.

I hate it because setting weekly training for ~25 fighters is already pain in the ass and takes a lot of time. If you have more sessions to set and you are aiming to get the perfect setup for your gym, it could become worse.

My thinking is the idea will increase options for training and will increase the speed at which fighters skills improve compared to present and I do agree that setting training will become more tedious however my thought process is simply increasing training speed is the quick and lazy way to go, making gym owners and managers think more and actually work at setting a plan will in most instances separate the lazy managers from those who actually put a great deal of effort into their training and builds.

I have always felt that game would have been more fun if winning was depending more on sliders and not so much on who gets better training at his private gym. If you ask me, make coaches train at max efficiency with 3on1 sessions, so everyone could get best training no matter at a private or a public gym and get an equal chance in the fight. Having access to a private gym is a great advantage when fighting in an ID-restricted org.

• Upvote 2

I have always felt that game would have been more fun if winning was depending more on sliders and not so much on who gets better training at his private gym. If you ask me, make coaches train at max efficiency with 3on1 sessions, so everyone could get best training no matter at a private or a public gym and get an equal chance in the fight. Having access to a private gym is a great advantage when fighting in an ID-restricted org.

OVOXO is right, private & public gyms are miles apart. Gotta at least close the gap a little bit. Really support his idea on how to improve this.

I think training for the most part is fine with 2 sessions a day. As far as speeding up the game I think that the time scale that everything goes off of is fine.

I do think a third type of gym should made but if were going to add coaches we need to make it so gym owners can charge mire than 1k a week. Cause half the problem is that public gym owners aren't able to make a profit if they do have a good gym setup and if they do make a profit with a good gym setup no ones getting really any benefits from the training.

Though I do notice a good majority of fighters at the top are over 32 generally which is weird cause if a guys fought clise to 40 times at this point he would have for surely hit a massive decline, in either physicals or he becomes super suseptable to injuries (more frequent and last longer.) Overall skill wouldn't diminish but his ability to fight semi regularly would really take a hit opening the door for more fighters at the top and creating more parity at the top.

Injuries should be more prevelant as it's such a major factor in sports as a whole. Here a guy gets an injury and it's almost like it doesn't make a difference and shouldn't even be implemented.

Which would add another company type with the increased need of physical training. Which would help with rapid physical decline as well as recovery.(Could possibly add a 3rd training slot for this.)

My thinking is the idea will increase options for training and will increase the speed at which fighters skills improve compared to present and I do agree that setting training will become more tedious however my thought process is simply increasing training speed is the quick and lazy way to go, making gym owners and managers think more and actually work at setting a plan will in most instances separate the lazy managers from those who actually put a great deal of effort into their training and builds.

But without speeding up the training even adding the third session a day really wouldn't help much. Depending on what you train at least 1 of the 3 extra sessions would be a rest session, if you keep your energy above 90%, which I always do. I really don't know if that still makes a difference but I know it used to so I still skip a session once my guy gets to about 94% unless it is on Friday and I know he wont drop below 90 on Saturday. So even if a third session is added either energy loss from training needs lowered or learning speed and ageing still needs speed up.

OVOXO is right, private & public gyms are miles apart. Gotta at least close the gap a little bit. Really support his idea on how to improve this.

I think training for the most part is fine with 2 sessions a day. As far as speeding up the game I think that the time scale that everything goes off of is fine.

I do think a third type of gym should made but if were going to add coaches we need to make it so gym owners can charge mire than 1k a week. Cause half the problem is that public gym owners aren't able to make a profit if they do have a good gym setup and if they do make a profit with a good gym setup no ones getting really any benefits from the training.

Though I do notice a good majority of fighters at the top are over 32 generally which is weird cause if a guys fought clise to 40 times at this point he would have for surely hit a massive decline, in either physicals or he becomes super suseptable to injuries (more frequent and last longer.) Overall skill wouldn't diminish but his ability to fight semi regularly would really take a hit opening the door for more fighters at the top and creating more parity at the top.

Injuries should be more prevelant as it's such a major factor in sports as a whole. Here a guy gets an injury and it's almost like it doesn't make a difference and shouldn't even be implemented.

Which would add another company type with the increased need of physical training. Which would help with rapid physical decline as well as recovery.(Could possibly add a 3rd training slot for this.)

Injuries do cause your fighter to decline faster now, so they do matter. But I do think you are right about physical skills. I think fighters that hit the point that they start to decline it should be more focused on physical skills. As we get older we still know how to throw a punch, we just cant do it as fast as we could 6 years younger.

When I look at this I consider it in the following way, I am guessing at these numbers as I have not paid close enough attention to this recently but let's examine A vs B with A being current and B being proposed 3rd session daily. Here is my math:

12 sessions in a week with 1 being a rest session (most of my guys don't require this but I will include it) so that means you can train for 11 sessions a week total. Now let's look at around 100 sessions to get a skill to Elite. So it will take you around 9-10 weeks to train that one skill to elite. Now if we add the additional training you can now go let's say 16 sessions a week with possibly 2 rests worked in. So now instead of it taking u possibly 10 weeks it only takes around 6. And if we add to this a slight boost to training maybe we are looking at 4-5 weeks or almost twice as fast. Tell me again how this idea doesn't speed things up?

• Upvote 3

I don't mind the aspect of having had gone through years of public gyms and shitty training, as it does mimic real world a bit (I know, some aspects of RL arent applicable), but that's my take.

• Upvote 1

I never did the math, guess I should have. If you are right that will make a difference.

As for a rest session I was more talking about my young guys that are not up on cardio yet. So I do have a few that need a rest session but most do not.

I still think it was be easier to speed everything up, but you do make a good point.

It seems we have a few overriding issues with QFCs including flights, hype, ranking for low level fights:

1) QFCs go [off the record]: having test fights affects the rankings too much. Could this be a selection we choose YES/NO?

2) QFCs go international or fighter faces bot: not enough QFCs in smaller towns, hence waiting too long. [This may coincide with the travelling issue: does travelling/jets stay and is this a matter of priority enough to change the game engine]. As a solution we could consider high speed jets (automatic concord flights with QFCs).

3) Reduce manager hype: concern for managers getting too much hype in QFCs.

4) Flights/destination: Will Mike keep them?

5) QFCs get divided into another group; Amateur Instant Flights (possibly with with high payouts and less manager hype [off the record]) and higher level fighters who get less money and more hype [on the record?]

If anyone has anything specifically to add to the concept of Instant Quick Fights can u please comment on thread here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60467&p=838190

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

It seems we have a few overriding issues with QFCs including flights, hype, ranking for low level fights:

1) QFCs go [off the record]: having test fights affects the rankings too much. Could this be a selection we choose YES/NO?

2) QFCs go international or fighter faces bot: not enough QFCs in smaller towns, hence waiting too long. [This may coincide with the travelling issue: does travelling/jets stay and is this a matter of priority enough to change the game engine]. As a solution we could consider high speed jets (automatic concord flights with QFCs).

3) Reduce manager hype: concern for managers getting too much hype in QFCs.

4) Flights/destination: Will Mike keep them?

5) QFCs get divided into another group; Amateur Instant Flights (possibly with with high payouts and less manager hype [off the record]) and higher level fighters who get less money and more hype [on the record?]

If anyone has anything specifically to add to the concept of Instant Quick Fights can u please comment on thread here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60467&p=838190

WTF does this have to do with the fight engine? Nothing? Then why are you advertising an idea that already has its own thread and is being discussed perfectly fine without such spamming of other threads.

Quite being rude to noobs (in the efa org thread regardless of reasoning not cool.) and spamming the forum with subjects that have nothing to do with the thread your posting in. Breakin all kinds of rules.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

WTF does this have to do with the fight engine? Nothing? Then why are you advertising an idea that already has its own thread and is being discussed perfectly fine without such spamming of other threads.

Quite being rude to noobs (in the efa org thread regardless of reasoning not cool.) and spamming the forum with subjects that have nothing to do with the thread your posting in. Breakin all kinds of rules.

I didn't know. I thought that was what this thread was for.

• 1 month later...

I've seen that fighters don't win by submission as much as they do by KO. A fighter can KO his opponent on the ground as well. It seems to me like a fighter that strikes has the advantage over a fighter that goes for submissions

all fights start on the fight.

if all fights started on the ground...

I don't mind the aspect of having had gone through years of public gyms and shitty training, as it does mimic real world a bit (I know, some aspects of RL arent applicable), but that's my take.

agree w/ this but my only issue is that in this game is the private gym or die mentality for company slots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 6 months later...