DFN Middleweight Grand Prix (375k+ MMA Creation Tournament)

Rei

Tournament Details  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Single elimination or double elimination?

• Single Elimination (lose once and out)
    • Double Elimination (loser's bracket, go 0-2 to be eliminated)
  2. 2. A round every 3 weeks or 4 weeks?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2021 at 08:10 PM

Its gloomy, the air is dust filled, just after sunset a little ways south of Texarkana Arkansas in a saloon not none for much business, a man walks up to Larry and hands him a flyer. "500k to the winner huh" grunts the stocky man in the white cowboy hat. Larry studies the poster...maybe for a bit too long...he's lost in his thoughts. Thoughts of a life he once lived and walked away from. He tells the pretty girl sitting on his lap thanks for her time but it was time to leave. He walks outside, looks up and down the barren gravel road, "Tokyo it is then" he mumbles to himself. he saddles his horse, White Lightning, tightening the bridal before mounting. As he begins to ride away the pretty brunette who has kept him company the past few weeks comes running out the door "Larry...Larry...Where are you going" she cries, "Darlin....im headin' to the land of the rising sun, this ole cowboy still has a little left in the tank" he replies..and with  that he takes off galloping west towards California to catch a steamer to a place he's never been. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=375499

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The opening round for the DFN Middleweight Grand Prix will be on Saturday 5th of June - exactly 4 weeks after the creation date. Fighters must be locked in by May 22nd at the very latest, so we can get the bracket drafted up and the first round of fights set up. Thanks to those that  have submitted their fighters here or via messages so far, and good luck to those still testing.

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, BigPoppaJD said:

Its gloomy, the air is dust filled, just after sunset a little ways south of Texarkana Arkansas in a saloon not none for much business, a man walks up to Larry and hands him a flyer. "500k to the winner huh" grunts the stocky man in the white cowboy hat. Larry studies the poster...maybe for a bit too long...he's lost in his thoughts. Thoughts of a life he once lived and walked away from. He tells the pretty girl sitting on his lap thanks for her time but it was time to leave. He walks outside, looks up and down the barren gravel road, "Tokyo it is then" he mumbles to himself. he saddles his horse, White Lightning, tightening the bridal before mounting. As he begins to ride away the pretty brunette who has kept him company the past few weeks comes running out the door "Larry...Larry...Where are you going" she cries, "Darlin....im headin' to the land of the rising sun, this ole cowboy still has a little left in the tank" he replies..and with  that he takes off galloping west towards California to catch a steamer to a place he's never been. 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=375499

Just curious what kind of experience this cowboy has in his 18 years youth.. lol

Felix Sanchez 

Striaght out of the scene of immense gunfire and bloodshed in far away Afghanistan, Sanchez was resting in his camp, with his daily cup of tea in one hand, and a picture of his mates/collegues/brothers, all of whose lives were unfortunately cut short, on the other. He thought to himself everyday, whether being a soldier in this never-ending battle was even worth it, but somehow, that answer just never came...but little did he know, all that was about to change today, and change drastically for the better.

Now everytime Sanchez went back home (which was probably the least expensive flat in the area) he took part in some amateur MMA fights and recorded all of it to post it in his you tube channel...but little did he know, that his small youtube channel would one day give him the opportunity to be a part of one of the best tournaments for up and coming fighters across the world.

***(Back to him resting in the camp)

(Knock-knock) And with that, captain **** {name not disclosed due to unknown reasons} entered Sanchez's camp with a letter, with what looked like a stamp of two random donnies trying to headkick each other, on either side of it. Now instantly, sanchez got up in an attention position, with his AK-47 by his side to greet his captain... but, the words that followed from his captains mouth, brought so much joy to him, that he literally started jumping like a mad man, even trying to dance with his captain (now that last act of his, earned him quite a scary glare from you know who). Turns out, Mr Rei (one of the most well known MMA organization owners in the whole tycoon universe) loved what he saw in sanchez's brief youtube vodeo, well he at least loved it enough to send him a contract over, that'll let him be a part of one of the best torunaments for new up and coming youngstars in the MMA world, who are looking to make a name for themselves early in their careers. And with that being said, and the celebrations being over in sanchez's camp back in Afghanistan, he packed his bags, said his goodbyes, and left for what he hopes to be a start of a very different chapter in his life, one that he'll enjoy for years to come. 

***The name is the link to the fighter btw Rei. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for letting me know lads. As far as I can see we still need fighter submissions from a couple guys (they've been made aware). As soon as I get the names locked I can get the bracket sorted and fights booked - there isn't long left now!

• Upvote 2

"Diamond" Macka Briggs

MackaBriggs.jpg.8c057dd3ebf6c37d83cfa813e3a34d76.jpg

It's raining in Lucea today; not exactly the weather I was hoping for as I boarded my flight to Jamaica, but it feels great to be on the island again. I'm waiting patiently at Half Moon Bar and Restaurant, just up the road from Lucea on the way to Negril.  Macka was supposed to be here an hour ago, but this is island time I tell myself. Toots and the Maytals are playing, so I order another Red Stripe and lean into the bar. The bartender slides over a fresh cold one and places a shot of Wray & Nephew down beside it as I hand him an American $50.

"Ya mon, keep the change" I tell the smiling barkeep who in turn, bumps knuckles in gratitude. "you seen Macka around?" I ask.

Just then, a beautiful woman hurriedly bounces/steps onto the patio - curves in all the right places - smiling ear to ear and giggling.

"Hiiiiii Jimmy, you have a drink for meeee?" she questions, sliding her fingers down my arm.

"Cut di mon alone an guh siddung ova deh suh gyal." The woman flashes Briggs some cut eye, sucks her teeth and stomps sulking over to a table. It's Macka's girlfriend and she is not impressed.

He's finally here. Macka Briggs strolls onto the patio like he owns the place. He casually looks around at everything and gives a nod to the bartender. Macka glides over to her table, flips a chair around, sits down on it backwards and stares me straight in the eye.

"Diamond you good bro?" I ask.

" I 'n I good Star. Jimmy Normal...General...mi ave one question fah yuh." he starts. "Wen duh mi staat smashing di guys?"

"June 5th my friend, June 5th."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carciofi said:

"Diamond" Macka Briggs

MackaBriggs.jpg.8c057dd3ebf6c37d83cfa813e3a34d76.jpg

It's raining in Lucea today; not exactly the weather I was hoping for as I boarded my flight to Jamaica, but it feels great to be on the island again. I'm waiting patiently at Half Moon Bar and Restaurant, just up the road from Lucea on the way to Negril.  Macka was supposed to be here an hour ago, but this is island time I tell myself. Toots and the Maytals are playing, so I order another Red Stripe and lean into the bar. The bartender slides over a fresh cold one and places a shot of Wray & Nephew down beside it as I hand him an American $50.

"Ya mon, keep the change" I tell the smiling barkeep who in turn, bumps knuckles in gratitude. "you seen Macka around?" I ask.

Just then, a beautiful woman hurriedly bounces/steps onto the patio - curves in all the right places - smiling ear to ear and giggling.

"Hiiiiii Jimmy, you have a drink for meeee?" she questions, sliding her fingers down my arm.

"Cut di mon alone an guh siddung ova deh suh gyal." The woman flashes Briggs some cut eye, sucks her teeth and stomps sulking over to a table. It's Macka's girlfriend and she is not impressed.

He's finally here. Macka Briggs strolls onto the patio like he owns the place. He casually looks around at everything and gives a nod to the bartender. Macka glides over to her table, flips a chair around, sits down on it backwards and stares me straight in the eye.

"Diamond you good bro?" I ask.

" I 'n I good Star. Jimmy Normal...General...mi ave one question fah yuh." he starts. "Wen duh mi staat smashing di guys?"

"June 5th my friend, June 5th."

Looks like you have a whole story written up already. Interested in what you put next for any of your characters. 

• Upvote 1

gFDHayT.png

With all competitors finally locked in, the matches for the first round have been drawn! (random shuffling, no seeding). And with that, the bracket currently looks like this

LfhjJ5t.png

Fight offers will be sent out momentarily - good luck!

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...