jjsquirrel

We survived a long hard slog without any island vacations, dev updates or other such luxuries. But this is it, the game is finally coming back to life again.

Like a phoenix the game arises from the ashes at every id turn. Everyone go create, message your friends to let hem know it's back on again. We shall once more relive the good old days.

And once the 400K party start to draw to and end, maybe we should consider letting it be a clean break with the old ways and switch to date based orgs? Because considering how dead things were before this id turn I'm not sure the community will survive another wait like that.

Anyway, for now lets party like there is no tomorrow! ..for many slow learners there actually won't be as one day is all they get.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

We survived a long hard slog without any island vacations, dev updates or other such luxuries. But this is it, the game is finally coming back to life again.

Like a phoenix the game arises from the ashes at every id turn. Everyone go create, message your friends to let hem know it's back on again. We shall once more relive the good old days.

And once the 400K party start to draw to and end, maybe we should consider letting it be a clean break with the old ways and switch to date based orgs? Because considering how dead things were before this id turn I'm not sure the community will survive another wait like that.

Anyway, for now lets party like there is no tomorrow! ..for many slow learners there actually won't be as one day is all they get.

Date orgs are just the same as mid-ID orgs like 398k or something. No reason to state that these are useless (admittedly they seemed to be, but that was years ago). Everyone should stop fixating on rounded out IDs to create orgs. It's not good for the game. Waiting months just to have a number round out is extremely silly, it already takes so long to create and develop decent fighters. With that said, may all you 400K orgs (not you Mac obv) prosper!

If we anyway don't care about even id numbers - which I agree is silly to do as it causes these downtimes which no one wants. Then date based is just better. It makes things predictable when you can know on the day when a new org will open up and plan for it. You can use even dates instead of id:s, like 1st of a month. Makes it easier to remember. But yes of course it will work much the same way, just make a little more sense. Might be easier for new players understand the concept as well.

5 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

If we anyway don't care about even id numbers - which I agree is silly to do as it causes these downtimes which no one wants. Then date based is just better. It makes things predictable when you can know on the day when a new org will open up and plan for it. You can use even dates instead of id:s, like 1st of a month. Makes it easier to remember. But yes of course it will work much the same way, just make a little more sense. Might be easier for new players understand the concept as well.

I don't disagree, as I think we lose many potential new managers during the times of inactivity.

10 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Yeah, I think the only benefit for the random ID range would be that you can start an org today and sign fighters that are already created. With date orgs I would assume it would be a wait till the date and then everyone creates? Where as if one would start an org now at say the 398K, there would already be potential fighters to sign up. Or then one would have to use a previous date like 1st of October, which for some reason seems more silly than using an already "passed" ID. Either way, we are in agreement, date is far more clear, allows managers to plan up to it and most importantly, better for newbs (if there still are such mythical creatures).

7 minutes ago, flamesnoopy said:

Yeah, I think the only benefit for the random ID range would be that you can start an org today and sign fighters that are already created. With date orgs I would assume it would be a wait till the date and then everyone creates? Where as if one would start an org now at say the 398K, there would already be potential fighters to sign up. Or then one would have to use a previous date like 1st of October, which for some reason seems more silly than using an already "passed" ID. Either way, we are in agreement, date is far more clear, allows managers to plan up to it and most importantly, better for newbs (if there still are such mythical creatures).

There really are oddly new managers pretty often, I've spoken to several.  It's one of the reasons I hate the idea of 'test fights' in an org instead of just doing a QFC or QFC tourney.  Those are perfect opportunities for a new manager to get a win with a fresh 25 y/o.  Instead, people lose to themselves.  I understand the benefit in doing that, but it most definitely does not benefit the game as a whole.

2 hours ago, flamesnoopy said:

Fighting yourself never felt right for me. I don't think that should be done, also bad from a game design perspective as it removes player interaction. On the other side it also feels stupid that a test fight can cost you as much manager hype as a title fight in a top org if you lose (probably more even as you fight lower level managers). That is also stupid and I think hype loss/gain should scale with the importance of the fight, could be based on fighter hype.

Nice to see the forums come alive again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Fighting yourself never felt right for me. I don't think that should be done, also bad from a game design perspective as it removes player interaction. On the other side it also feels stupid that a test fight can cost you as much manager hype as a title fight in a top org if you lose (probably more even as you fight lower level managers). That is also stupid and I think hype loss/gain should scale with the importance of the fight, could be based on fighter hype.

Nice to see the forums come alive again.

I mean, once you're at the top, you can always create a multi, test them there, then just drop them and pick them up under your main account.  Right?  There's way too many holes in this game.  I genuinely enjoy it and wish everyone would just play it as what it is meant to be.

49 minutes ago, Jersey said:

I mean, once you're at the top, you can always create a multi, test them there, then just drop them and pick them up under your main account.  Right?  There's way too many holes in this game.  I genuinely enjoy it and wish everyone would just play it as what it is meant to be.

I don't care if others fight themselves, up to them and a minor thing really. The multi accounts on the other hand, that is clearly against the game rules and give unfair advantages. But nothing is completely black and white, without the multis we would still be waiting for 400K :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

I don't care if others fight themselves, up to them and a minor thing really. The multi accounts on the other hand, that is clearly against the game rules and give unfair advantages. But nothing is completely black and white, without the multis we would still be waiting for 400K :)

Haha I mean let's be honest, without multis we'd be lucky to be breaking 300k

400k...

01 Dec, 2023 Friday - Created a new fighter - Javon Jefferson
01 Dec, 2023 Friday - Created a new fighter - Christopher Perry
01 Dec, 2023 Friday - Created a new fighter - Jackson Grant
01 Dec, 2023 Friday - Created a new fighter - Ugrapurod Makagziadan
01 Dec, 2023 Friday - Created a new fighter - Thiago Serra
30 Nov, 2023 Thursday - Created a new fighter - Sama Ichiro
30 Nov, 2023 Thursday - Created a new fighter - Klement Burian
30 Nov, 2023 Thursday - Created a new fighter - Aled Lloyd
30 Nov, 2023 Thursday - Created a new fighter - Magomed Mazomedov
29 Nov, 2023 Wednesday - Released the fighter - Vladislav Pavlov