Immortals New York

Steel

The MMA media gathered in NYC for the upcoming INY 57 event had a chance to interview LW contender Felix Sandoval, here to compete in his most important fight yet against the hard-hitting Aldous Huxley.

Reporter: Thank you for joining us today, Felix. Tomorrow you face Aldous Huxley in the co-main event at INY 57, with the winner almost certainly looking at a shot at the title. Give us your thoughts on the fight.

Felix: Thanks for having me. I'm feeling very prepared and focused for this fight. It's the most important fight in my career and I'm not going to waste my chance to get my first title shot. Huxley is a dangerous fighter and I respect his power, but he's also just an obstacle that must be eliminated. I'm going to do it.

R: Leading up to this fight, your manager and Huxley's have had some harsh words for you two, with Smokes saying you'll break Huxley in half and Jeffrey Ramirez criticizing your striking and claiming you're too predictable. Your thoughts?

F: They can say what they want. Once that cage door closes, it all means nothing. Will I break Huxley in half? I'd like to. But what happens, happens. I know my striking continues to evolve every time I enter the gym, and my ground game speaks for itself. While we're standing with each other, I can hang with him for a while. When the fight goes to the ground - and it will - he's done.

R: You do seem very confident in your skills leading up to this fight. How do you see it ending up when all is said and done?

F: I'm gonna submit him in round 1.

R: A bold prediction. Lastly, Shane Wellman Jr. has looked pretty impressive in his last two outings, winning with two nice armbars. Do you see a rematch being plausible in the near future, and would you be interested in that fight?

F: I'm definitely interested. If the fight makes sense in the future, I would love to avenge my one loss. Right now I'm focused on beating Huxley and winning the title. We'll see what happens.

R: It'll be a great fight if it happens. Thank you for joining us, and good luck tomorrow.

F: Thanks, it was a pleasure.

I seem to be cursed on these title fights. :weeping:

For the record, Derric was out of training for what 6 months? His physicals where 12s and secondaries 10s and 11s when I picked him up. I should have requested time to train before accepting the fight. I still dont think Derric would have won but I dont think it would have been so quickly.

Congrats to Roy. Hes going to be champ for a long time! :winner:

• Downvote 1

I seem to be cursed on these title fights. :weeping:

For the record, Derric was out of training for what 6 months? His physicals where 12s and secondaries 10s and 11s when I picked him up. I should have requested time to train before accepting the fight. I still dont think Derric would have won but I dont think it would have been so quickly.

Congrats to Roy. Hes going to be champ for a long time! :winner:

Yeah I had a feeling 5 months of no training had done a number on his physicals and secondaries. I've seen what months of ticker death can do to a fighter. That's why I was a little surprised at the Vegas Odds, but I suppose some of that is RP. After being a couch potato that long, he's gonna need a few months to get back in the groove :)

Immortals Press Release:

Go Shane Wellman Jnr!!!! Historic, meteoric, just totally unexpected. Maybe Smith spent too much time doing interviews and posing for the cameras, thus forgetting what his job is. Shane Wellman Jnr becomes the 3rd entrant into the Immortals Hall of Fame after avenging a brutal KO defeat.

It seems persistance pays off, a lesson learned for those that cut a fighter for losing one fight, look how many times Wellman Jnr has been beat.

Team Melton, an empire on the slide? Youngblood outpointed, Derric cut up and stopped by a great young champion. We can say Soham Roy IS great, he has beaten the two best guys out there, who next for King Roy?

Devin shocks Kally, Melton bounces back, though did he see it? Mike Melton was seen crying in the rest room after Derric's disastrous comeback.

All these shocks, what next?

Immortals Hall of Fame Press conference:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w3.jpg

Shane Wellman Junior - Hall of Famer

Legendary road warrior Shane Wellman Jnr, the first man to beat fellow HOF entrant Vladdy Van Kirkland, he has faced the best fighters present and future. Win or lose, Wellman Jnr \'brings it\' and in a historic night on Jan 25 2013 in Hall of Fame showdown he avenged a previous KO loss against Corey Smith. A 1st round submission win shocked the world and brought Shane Wellman Jnr, Immortality!

Text message from Wellman Junior to Huxley: Thanks a ton man... I'll buy you a couple drinks soon and we'll talk about fighting and life itself.

Text From Junior To Smith: keep your head up big guy your a legend and you'll win your next fight. Great fight and thank you for being the reason I went so hard at the gym recently with so little time.

Tweet from @WellmanJrMMA- thanks to all the fans and my supporters and to Mr. Steel and Gonzaitev and to my opponent @KOartistSmith. Interview coming soon!

Text message from Swag Fo Dayz to everyone in the org "You all suck"

Text message from TJHeisman to Swag: GET A WIN FIRST, then talk trash. Otherwise you just sound like a Jackhole.

Oh Matice Jr is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!

Dayz drops Matice Jr with a straight left! Oh this is bad for Matice Jr! Dayz dives in and starts dropping bombs - the referee has no choice but to step in and save him!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3:29 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Swag Fo Dayz!

In his post fight interview, Swag Fo Dayz gave a big smile as he said 'TIMES UP MOTHERFUCKER, FEED ME PINTOR'.

From Lupe PIntor-

Swaggy jeans in a daze, still cryins over that loss? I was shocked when I didn't see you on your back. You had a game plan and it worked. God job tonight. You still aren't getting a rematch. You need to stop with your trash talk before you make yourself a target in our division. Good job tonight.

Shane Wellman while listening to mmajunkie radio calls in to the station to talk to Bob Jones: Whens that interview wit Junior later today? And shout ouy yo Corey and Brunno for a great fight. Thank you Mr. Steel and Gonzaitev for the HoF spot, its an honor. And regarding Pintor and "Swaggy" ... Junior would break Swaggy's arm in half and Pintor went 3 rounds wittem. Don't play wit fire if you don't wanna be burnt we got alotta respect for Pintor and his fight team after him and Juniors rivalry. Junior and me will talk later about his future and the press conference. Stay sharp Bobby Jones and I can't wait for the next Immortals show!

• Upvote 1

Voicemail from Swag Fo Dayz to ""A Titan" Shane Wellman Junior"

"Keep my name out of your mouth, think your tough because your a hall of famer now? Pintor currently has a fight and from the sounds of it, he is going to dodge me anyways. If your man enough to step up, I'll gladly end your hall of fame career. Shane Wellman Junior vs Swag Fo Dayz?... Step up, or Shut up"

From Lupe PIntor via Twitter

" Much respect for Shane Wellman Jr on his convincing win over Corey Smith. Yous is a warrior man. I would go to war with your two anytime."

Lupe PIntor Via Twitter

"Swaggy this place is about earning' respect. You lose a piece each time you opens your mouth. Earns yo respect in the cage. I cants believe you still yapping like a lil chihuahua. You disrespect my upcoming opponent Joko Diaz by keeping my names on ya tongue. Im tinkling you are obsessed with me or evens stalking me. Step yaslf back in line an earns your shot."