Training & Fight Engine Changes

I was to lazy to read the whole thread, so I do not know if this has already been suggested. But I think one change that would take care of many training issues would be to tie potential to experience. So a new fighter, with low experience will only be able to make about 40% potential. But over time, as he amasses fights, he will be able to train more. This will make low level gyms useful, and take care of people not wanting to fight their projects to early since at some point you will have to fight in order to train more.

• Upvote 1

I was to lazy to read the whole thread, so I do not know if this has already been suggested. But I think one change that would take care of many training issues would be to tie potential to experience. So a new fighter, with low experience will only be able to make about 40% potential. But over time, as he amasses fights, he will be able to train more. This will make low level gyms useful, and take care of people not wanting to fight their projects to early since at some point you will have to fight in order to train more.

+1. I think this makes sense.

Has this been mentioned, sorry if it has, but how will training work with coaches? I know some private gyms are at their max coaches, so who or what type of coach will do the training? Do gyms need to hire more coaches for these two skills? Will bjj or wrestling coaches be able to train these new skills?

Thanks

Jeesh. This might be Crassus' saving grace, I have only two fights before the big one to practice the new sliders... I'll might have to just go with 100% see how it goes.

Has anyone talked about the "experience" that mike wrote about? I like that, but why is everything always just geared to the top fighters? Why can't lesser fighters get "experience" from fighting better fighters? Maybe this experience will help speed up training in a certain skill. This might help with no fighter ever taking fights with fighters that are clearly better. So example, if you take a fight that might be elite in boxing, and a fighter who might be far under that fights him, the next time the lesser fighter trains a boxing skill he just earns some extra points towards that skill, you know, because he "learned" something from that more experienced fighter. Draw back for taking a fight with higher skilled fighters would be the high likely hood of losing and the added injury risk, but the upside would be the possibility of a upset and at the least, some experience to help in training.

Anyone like that idea?

Jeesh. This might be Crassus' saving grace, I have only two fights before the big one to practice the new sliders... I'll might have to just go with 100% see how it goes.

This is what i said. The day after i fight Womba with Ryo. So its the exact opposite. Could help me hugely in one fight and then screw me in the next. You getting scared now Opa? Mannetosen has set my sliders.

I think the changes are great but I feel two things are a bit strange.

1. That only def. grappling will be relocating into transitions. Many stand up fighters has really high def. grappling while grapplers have put a lot of skills into other ground attributes. At least BJJ, should be in to consideration.

2. Skill decline, starting from 28 (!) Feels really really young.

• Upvote 1

I think the changes are great but I feel two things are a bit strange.

1. That only def. grappling will be relocating into transitions. Many stand up fighters has really high def. grappling while grapplers have put a lot of skills into other ground attributes. At least BJJ, should be in to consideration.

2. Skill decline, starting from 28 (!) Feels really really young.

1. BJJ will be a factor in working out how this works. The points are not auto-relocating. You will have a page where you can reallocate points from other skills to raise the two new ones up.
  2. I refer you to this post: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33146&st=800&do=findComment&comment=427167

I think I quite like this concept, though wouldn't it lead to a lot of Bispings?

If by Bispings you mean fairly middle of the road guys, then yeah, but I'd find that better than the current infuriating state where your guy rolls a weak Hidden that isn't high on the ToTT hierarchy which cripples his ability and you don't find out he sucks for the better part of 18 months.

Also on this topic, Mike, are you rolling it in before the finals of this VIP tournament: http://www.mmatycoon.com/tournament_bracket.php?TID=152 ?

I was a bit nervous about the upcoming changes on monday. Now that I saw those new sliders Im terrified. For whatever reason I feel like my strikers will be obsolete soon.

:blink:

Hopefully, stand up and ground guys are just a little more even. I would just like to see takedowns land a little more often, other than that I have been happy with the ground game. Takedowns should be harder to land then strikes are. So lets just keep our fingers crossed that they are not to over powered with the changes, but if so I am sure Mike will fix it.

Hopefully, stand up and ground guys are just a little more even. I would just like to see takedowns land a little more often, other than that I have been happy with the ground game. Takedowns should be harder to land then strikes are. So lets just keep our fingers crossed that they are not to over powered with the changes, but if so I am sure Mike will fix it.

It could well turn out that we see takedown success rates improving with this change, and without altering the fight engine. Reason being that the strikers will have to spread their defensive skills (primarily wrestling and BJJ focused) across a greater number of skills. Therefore we could well see more fighters trying to scrimp a bit on takedown defence.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. BJJ will be a factor in working out how this works. The points are not auto-relocating. You will have a page where you can reallocate points from other skills to raise the two new ones up.

2. I refer you to this post: http://www.mmatycoon...800#entry427167

1. I know it's not "auto-relocating". I just feel that in theory, useless-- bjj and wrestling, with elite++ def. grappling manually could be relocated into elite++ transitions. When I mean BJJ, I mean BJJ as a primary skill. At least BJJ as a primary skill should realisticly be considered into this.

2. I read it but still feel that 28 is way to young, regarding starting to decline skillvise. I mean most fighters has their breakthrough at that age, get signed by UFC and continues therefter. Yes, Hendo and Couture are bad examples but just look at the best; Anderson Silva. I don't think he started to decline at 28.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If by Bispings you mean fairly middle of the road guys, then yeah, but I'd find that better than the current infuriating state where your guy rolls a weak Hidden that isn't high on the ToTT hierarchy which cripples his ability and you don't find out he sucks for the better part of 18 months.

Also on this topic, Mike, are you rolling it in before the finals of this VIP tournament: http://www.mmatycoon...ket.php?TID=152 ?

If that finishes Monday then yeah, it will be before the final.

1. I know it's not "auto-relocating". I just feel that in theory, useless-- bjj and wrestling, with elite++ def. grappling manually could be relocated into elite++ transitions. When I mean BJJ, I mean BJJ as a primary skill. At least BJJ as a primary skill should realisticly be considered into this.

2. I read it but still feel that 28 is way to young, regarding starting to decline skillvise. I mean most fighters has their breakthrough at that age, get signed by UFC and continues therefter. Yes, Hendo and Couture are bad examples but just look at the best; Anderson Silva. I don't think he started to decline at 28.

You're comparing the quickest decliners in the game with the slowest decliners in real life. You can use an example of Anderson Silva... great - in this game, he'd decline at 35. Ther are plenty of real life fighters who decline earlier than 28 (remember this game is meant to represent all of MMA, not just an equivalent of the UFC, where all the people with top hiddens end up). My own body started falling to bits about 23!