Training & Fight Engine Changes

1. I know it's not "auto-relocating". I just feel that in theory, useless-- bjj and wrestling, with elite++ def. grappling manually could be relocated into elite++ transitions. When I mean BJJ, I mean BJJ as a primary skill. At least BJJ as a primary skill should realisticly be considered into this.

2. I read it but still feel that 28 is way to young, regarding starting to decline skillvise. I mean most fighters has their breakthrough at that age, get signed by UFC and continues therefter. Yes, Hendo and Couture are bad examples but just look at the best; Anderson Silva. I don't think he started to decline at 28.

There are exceptions to the rule... He is obviously one of them. I can list other who are in that category too if I did the research, but like Mike said in a post you are comparing the top end to the bottom. This is not a matter of opinion. This is based n statistical data of not just MMA fighters, but Boxers and really all of professional sports. We can rattle on all day about how this guy or that guy was great all the way up until 43 or whatever, but the fact remains that 9 years is the average. Plus or minus a bit and you get a range that runs from as soon as maybe 25 up to guys that re well into their forties. When taken together though you see that it falls to about that 9 year mark pretty consistently.

You're comparing the quickest decliners in the game with the slowest decliners in real life. You can use an example of Anderson Silva... great - in this game, he'd decline at 35. Ther are plenty of real life fighters who decline earlier than 28 (remember this game is meant to represent all of MMA, not just an equivalent of the UFC, where all the people with top hiddens end up). My own body started falling to bits about 23!

Mine not until 38 or so, but then I might be one of those exceptions to the rule. That and I never went pro... :weeping: So I was never competing at that top level. It was never my job to be a fighter. I did it as an amateur or as a hobby... and also more than a few times as a consequence of my party lifestyle... :shades:

It could well turn out that we see takedown success rates improving with this change, and without altering the fight engine. Reason being that the strikers will have to spread their defensive skills (primarily wrestling and BJJ focused) across a greater number of skills. Therefore we could well see more fighters trying to scrimp a bit on takedown defence.

I hope so, ground guys have always been my favorite. But havent built one in a while, already made room for a new one. He is getting created as soon as I get off work monday, well as long as the changes have kicked in.

Something tells me that these changes are going to bring an influx of new players to the game... Hmmm...

We are a special type. Do you think that graphic-loving teenagers were ever going to choose this game? It is (IMO) a rare special weird thing that you choose to play if you like number-crunching stats and MMA . It's already a minority passtime. We need to perfect what we have, not change to appease trends. Mike understands this.

praise the lord i've been building my fighter's Wrestling skills up over all other primaries for the past couple years. by the sounds of things there should be some returns on that investment, looking forward to finding out.

I'm not so sure, I hope so, I'd love to see a new city or flyweights added.

flyweights would be great, although I know there is a lot goin on atm so prob won't happen for a while. Would give me a good excuse to make another tourney for my org though!

There are barely enough 145 and 135 fighters as is. I cannot imagine there being a big enough demand for event smaller fighters. I could certainly be wrong on that, but I just don't see it. Then again when they introduced the 135lbrs I said the same thing. There really are not a lot of those little guys though compared to the heavier weight classes.

I dunno if this has been discussed yet but will we be informed somehow once a fighter hits his maximum potential?

In the old skill maintanance page we had this "Fighter X (Physicals 94.6%, Primaries 88.1%, Secondaries 61.5%) - Peak vs Current" -thingy so I thought if there could be an overall skill percentage shown somewhere? I just hate to find about this stuff via de-pop in the assistant page even tho it's not a such a big deal. =)

There are barely enough 145 and 135 fighters as is. I cannot imagine there being a big enough demand for event smaller fighters. I could certainly be wrong on that, but I just don't see it. Then again when they introduced the 135lbrs I said the same thing. There really are not a lot of those little guys though compared to the heavier weight classes.

Fair point!Although if a flyweight division was introduced, I would certainly create one ASAP because it would be a good opportunity to be the best in the division as it would be new! (unlikely that would be me tho!) Also a good way to reel in less popular divisions is to make a big creation tourney like the 145 one i am starting soon because people love a good old tourney regardless of the weight class, would be a good opportunity for all orgs perhaps.. Anyway, sorry for goin off the thread topic all!

I personally favour the lighter fighters but that's just me. If there was a flyweight division added I'd probably have half my roster at flyweight because like someone said it gives you the opportunity to be the best at that weight class and gives you the opportunity to be a champ.

Would Demetrious Johnson be a UFC champion if there was no flyweight division? Would he be up there on the p4p listings if he wasn't a champion?

The ufc are also planning a Straw Weight class to attract more viewers from other countries.

They've already gone into other countries also outside of USA.

MMA is growing faster than ever.

I dunno if this has been discussed yet but will we be informed somehow once a fighter hits his maximum potential?

In the old skill maintanance page we had this "Fighter X (Physicals 94.6%, Primaries 88.1%, Secondaries 61.5%) - Peak vs Current" -thingy so I thought if there could be an overall skill percentage shown somewhere? I just hate to find about this stuff via de-pop in the assistant page even tho it's not a such a big deal. =)

I might make them PM you in game or something but there's nothing in place right now.
  • Upvote 2