Spin and Win

theking04

So that we finally are able to "trade" fighters when the time is right ansd we have the fa thing in our pocket? Hell no!

First, it wouldnt be often. Second, either way FA credit means you pick FA of your choice...sooo....

You guys keep forgetting that some one might have a full roster.... then what? you need to cut your fighter before you can take the FA? It becomes worthless imo. It needs to be a credit to use when the time is right.

First come first serve rule might work but it could be come like roger wrote "trade" fighter as the person releasing could sell his fighter to some one else by telling him when he is going to release the fighter.

There for I believe it needs to be an open market just as it now. Everybody still be in line to select FA so every one has a chance. By wensday whoever has the highest rank or used a Free dibs FA pickup gets the pick

Incase more than one fighter used the Free dibs FA. Either let them roll the dice world of warcraft style or it goes to manager with highest rank. Personally I think rank is the way to go as I stated before.

They just need to be really rare and that won't be a problem. Some lucky guy might get 2 but that should not be the norm so i think the problem sorts itself out if it's a rare price.
Any chance we can see what the odds are of winning the different prices?

And when I have full roster and don't have FA credit...I still has to release someone if I want another FA, right? Or was there a change with that? Its rare enough already :/ You can see that people are using 10-15 spins and gets NO REWARD what so ever. Most of us gets money/sups/avatars - so I think its rare enough already :/

So that we finally are able to "trade" fighters when the time is right ansd we have the fa thing in our pocket? Hell no!

well what kind of odds are we talking here 1 in few hundred thousand you actually get more than 1 first pick dibs -- its not like a whole roster of 1st pick dibs

Hadn't thought of this one - tricky situation either way so I don't think there's anything we can do about that, whether we let you pick the fighter up straight away or make you wait 7 days.

i dont think it will be that bad cause like i mention not everyone has a first pick dib and what is someone gonna hold on the their guy forever waiting for their buddy to get a first pick dib -- i mean the odds arent there for abuse to happen -- not saying it wont happen but honestly how many 1st pick dibs are out right now or won on average for a big abuse to happen

First, it wouldnt be often. Second, either way FA credit means you pick FA of your choice...sooo....

No, it does not... for top notch FAs there will be more than one interested manager in the future, some of the top guys will for sure keep this FA opportunity for the right moment. So, we have the option to step in early with a restriction and limit the free dib to a certain time period. Which imo sucks and highly decreases the value of the option - i think most agree here, but lets go trough all options.

If high rated manager quit playing or for some reason release a top guy they put blood, sweat and tears in... they won't be stupid and try to make sure a buddy takes over. If we decide to make it free dib to any time without waiting 7 days, there will be arrangements. If we say, 7 day period stays but if more than one manager make a bd, first comes first... the same arrangement will be made between buddies.

7 day period needs to stay... if more than one manager made a bid via free dib, we have two options: rank and random. In my opinion, it should be random (we just would need to discuss if the losing manager should keep the free dib after - i'd say no, if you aim for the top stud, there still has to be some risk element... we also lsoe this and the certain tickle that the 7 day period gives us).

honestly i think first dibs should be used right then if you truly want first dibs -- then the fighter is removed from free agent list right then --- that is truly first dibs -- if you hold on to your first dibs pick cause no free agent you want then its just a if you pick the free agent first type deal -- no waiting the 7 days or whatever the wait time is for free agents

another words a first to use the first dibs on the free agent -- then he is taken from market right then

Personally I feel you ve hit the nail on the head. That's a MASSIVE PLUS 1

That way it would nt come down to hype atole. Fist dibs should be that way nice call mate

honestly i think first dibs should be used right then if you truly want first dibs -- then the fighter is removed from free agent list right then --- that is truly first dibs -- if you hold on to your first dibs pick cause no free agent you want then its just a if you pick the free agent first type deal -- no waiting the 7 days or whatever the wait time is for free agents

another words a first to use the first dibs on the free agent -- then he is taken from market right then

That's how I thought of doing it too. Only problem I forsee is that fighters who get dumped onto the FA market because their manager is deleted - that always happens at 12.30ish GMT so it's an advantage to people who are awake at that time of day.

This is my veiw. Tell me to F OFF. If you feel.

Who ever gets first Dibs can we put a time limit on when it needs to be used. By 6-7 days that way it can't be no funny business with trading etc as it takes 6-7 days for you guy to be released and picked up again. If you know what I mean. So then it's basically really random on who you pick up. Basically who ever is on the Market at the time you won first dibs.

Can see any issue myself if we work it this wAy. Obviously your goin to get some people against it. Your goin to get people against what ever you decide Mike but you can't please all

Just played the spin & win and when I hit the start button it just sorta blinked and then reloaded the slot machine and the credit was gone. Wasn't the first time either. Seems like it's a bit shaky that way. Anyone else having this?

Im using firefox and usually it rolls just fine. I wonder if it played out at all this time? :E

And when I have full roster and don't have FA credit...I still has to release someone if I want another FA, right? Or was there a change with that? Its rare enough already :/ You can see that people are using 10-15 spins and gets NO REWARD what so ever. Most of us gets money/sups/avatars - so I think its rare enough already :/

The thing is that not everyone is looking for an FA or has the desire to win one. But if you do win it shouldn't they then be able to use it when they want it to?

I extremely rarely pick up FA at all but if I would win that price I wouldn't want to have to sack one of my fighters immediately inorder to be able to use it. Then that is not a price imo

Chances are if you are looking for an FA you already have a free slot or is about to cut some one. If you go to to spin and win you're looking to win prices and what you win is not in your control.

Just played the spin & win and when I hit the start button it just sorta blinked and then reloaded the slot machine and the credit was gone. Wasn't the first time either. Seems like it's a bit shaky that way. Anyone else having this?

Im using firefox and usually it rolls just fine. I wonder if it played out at all this time? :E

I've had that happen too. It seemed it had spun okay even though it wasn't displayed correctly cause I noticed from the manager profile page I had actually won something on that lost spin.

The thing is that not everyone is looking for an FA or has the desire to win one. But if you do win it shouldn't they then be able to use it when they want it to?

I extremely rarely pick up FA at all but if I would win that price I wouldn't want to have to sack one of my fighters immediately inorder to be able to use it. Then that is not a price imo

Chances are if you are looking for an FA you already have a free slot or is about to cut some one. If you go to to spin and win you're looking to win prices and what you win is not in your control.

Well, that FA Credit can sit and wait till you want FA...I don't really see problem here... .-.

I agree with this. That's the point of a reward. To be rewarding.

• Downvote 1

i'd say no, if you aim for the top stud, there still has to be some risk element... we also lsoe this and the certain tickle that the 7 day period gives us).

The free agent dib is won as a reward. To add risk to that still doesn't make sense. That'd be like making lottery winners make it through 5 rounds of high low to get their prize. People seem to forget this is a prize that is won. To start taking it away and saying it needs risk makes it a crap reward again.

one issue maybe two or more managers with dibs on free agent and they both want the same free agent -- how will this work out

in case somebody gets dibbs, we could do immediate pick, instead of waiting till the deadline is over... so it's first pick first served in that case.

edit: sorry haven't read the whole thread and you already posted this at some point :)

• Downvote 1

The free agent dib is won as a reward. To add risk to that still doesn't make sense. That'd be like making lottery winners make it through 5 rounds of high low to get their prize. People seem to forget this is a prize that is won. To start taking it away and saying it needs risk makes it a crap reward again.

agree. Why would we put that as reward and then start to bombard it down with risk higher than chance to win. I win...what? CHANCE that I MAY pick FA? Then where is the reward in that? :/

The free agent dib is won as an award. To add risk to that still doesn't make sense. That'd he like making lottery winners make it through 5 rounds of high low to get their prize. People seem to forget this is a prize that is won. To start taking it away and saying it needs risk makes it a crap award again.

Maybe, but the cases were a real top notch guy is available are rare anyways. The downside of a 100% pick system with instant takeover are way way bigger (for example the mentioned arrangements). If no risk, then time period restriction... sucks also. Everything else does make a already heavily discussed system even worse. It's just naive that people here all want the nice candy... instead of grabbing the chance to improve the FA system with a balanced concept like the one i propose.

• Upvote 1

Maybe, but the cases were a real top notch guy is available are rare anyways. The downside of a 100% pick system with instant takeover are way way bigger (for example the mentioned arrangements). If no risk, then time period restriction... sucks also. Everything else does make a already heavily discussed system even worse. It's just naive that people here all want the nice candy... instead of grabbing the chance to improve the FA system with a balanced concept like the one i propose.

I understand that it could involve arrangements but there's definitely a much better solution than screwing the prize winners. We just need to put our thoughts together and think of something. (The community in general that is.)

People wants bread and blood - like in Rome. And free shit. Its rare to win this thing and that should serve as reward...why cutting it down? :/

FINALLY WON SOMETHING COOL! xD Now need to find someone to do custom av for me ^^

Well, i think it's still an attractive prize even without the 100% when it comes to top of the class fighters - because there could be interest from others (random when mroe than one manager is interested is the way to go then i think). I mean, the system gives us grey hair since ages... and this prize here we know since some days. We never had a good idea to improve it... thing is, i see this as a great opportunity to at least improve a system which we can't make fair for anyone. In a fun way which still keeps the excitement when it comes to FAs... whithout creating more causes for frustration like arrangements". It's just healthier for the game imo.

IMO it should be a percent that boosts you up in the rankings.

I also like the idea of a percentage boost, i think it would suck to work your way up to be one of the top ranking guys in the game and still not have a chance to get the FA's you wanted. I wouldn't mind the first dibs thing if only one or two a year was given out but as far as i can see 2 people or more have already won that prize so if it keeps going at that rate i think its just too often to give them first dips on any fighter of their choice.

Limiting the FA pickup to someone who was already released when they won the FA pickup would mean you couldn't pay someone to transfer a fighter. That, I think, is a good solution if people think transferring fighters is a problem. That would give you 7 days to pick up a fighter.

• Upvote 1