Rick Donkulus (Jimmy Normal) 1-2
Randy Snooze (Scottie 2 Hottie) 1-2
Pedro Hemeterio De Araujo (Rush Greyson) 1-2 
Jaan Mirtel (Henry Rollins) 1-2

Avital Lavi (Todd Westacott) 0-3
David Donowitz (Chris Karter) 0-3
Billy Richards (Albert Summertop) 0-3

• Upvote 2

I'll update as normal a bit later but for now just so everyone knows where they are...

Rip Dolomite (Rocket) - 1-3 - Eliminated
Rick Donkulus (Jimmy) - 1-3 - Eliminated
Randy Snooze (Scottie) - 1-3 - Eliminated

G40: Adriel Orozco (Butch) receives bye to G47
G41: Joao Miyao (Mac) 3-1 vs. Jaan Mirtel (Rollins) 2-2
G42: Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 2-2 vs. Bernhard River (Joe River) 2-2
G43: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 2-2 vs. Pedro Aruajo (Rush) 2-2
G44: Axel Randall (Dino) 2-2 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 2-2
G45: Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-1 vs. Cleetus Boone (Manne) 2-1
G46: Grappling Panda (Pika) 4-0 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 3-1
G47: Adriel Orozco (Butch) receives bye to G53
G48: TBD
G49: TBD

Dragan Silva (Chuck) waiting at G52 for opponent

• Upvote 3

Round 4 Results

Round Four brought about three more eliminations and left seven of the remaining 14 participants on their last lives. Only 2 grapplers remain unbeaten. 

G31: Rip Dolomite (Rocket) 1-2 vs. Jaan Mirtel (Rollins) 1-2
Mirtel wins via Points (9 to 2)

Estonian submission wrestler Jaan Mirtel continues to skirt elimination by picking up his second victory in a row. This time a solid victory over Rip Dolomite sending the Boonville, KY native home

G32: Bernhard River (Joe River) 1-2 vs. Rick Donkulus (Jimmy) 1-2
River wins via Points (19 to 18)

An agonisingly razor thin decision loss sends "Slick" Rick Donkulus back to the mean streets of Atlanta, GA. Victor Bernhard River Jr now moves on with a spotty 2-2 record. 

G33: Randy Snooze (Scottie) 1-2 vs. Pedro Araujo (Rush) 1-2
Araujo wins via Submission (Armbar), 3:55 Round 1

Another grappler who just refuses to move on is Brazilian Brown Belt Pedro Hemeterio De Aruajo. He picks up his second victory in a row after losing his first two early on. There'll be no complaint from opponent Randy Snooze who has struggled since his opening round victory and now lost his third in a row with two by submission

G34: Cleetus Boone (Manne) 2-1 - Receives Bye

G35: Adriel Orozco (Butch) 2-1 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 1-2
Rocha wins via Submission (Armbar), 1:37 Round 1

Both relief and revenge for Brazilian born grappler Cleber Rocha who manages to avenge his opening round loss to Adriel Orozco as well as deny any homeward flight tickets being handed his way. This second loss marked something of a reversal of fortune for Orozco who now finds himself in the same precarious situation as Cleber after a solid opening couple of rounds.   

G36: Joao Miyao (Mac) 2-1 vs. Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 2-1
Miyao wins via Points (8 to 4)

A fairly close bout between two good grapplers but in the end it was Miyao who moved on without taking a hit to his loss tally. With a record of 3-1, Miyao stands in better stead than most. For Rodgers, the loss puts him in a dangerous position as one more will send him crashing out of the tournament. 

G37: Brijbhusan Siddika (Bob Slay) 2-1 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 2-1
Chabot wins via Points (7 to 5)

Another close match up between conflicting styles with the superior wrestling of Canada's Ernest Chabot likely the key to victory here. He now moves to 3-1 whilst Bangladeshi Siddika will be on his final life going into the next round. 

G38: Grappling Panda (Pika) 3-0 vs. Axel Randall (Dino) 2-1
Panda wins via Points (14 to 2)

A big match up for surprise package Grappling Panda who faced of against one the tournaments initial favourites Axel Randall. A dominating performance from the Chinese Brown Belt left no doubt as to his dark horse credentials now as well as his record an undefeated 4-0. Axel Randall will now join a handful of others on the cliff's edge with a record of 2-2 and no more room for error. 

G39: Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-0 vs. Dragan Silva (Chuck) 3-0
Silva wins via Submission (Kneebar) 1:42 Round 1

The big showdown of the round pitted two undefeated grapplers against each other where someones "O" had to go. On this occasion is was hot favourite Dragan Silva who kept his record intact with a superb submission victory over the in-form Darko. Darko is still in great shape however with a record of 3-1. 

• Upvote 1

LEADERBOARD

Dragan Silva (Chuck W94) 4-0
Grappling Panda (Pika Choo) 4-0

Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-1
Joao Miyao (Mac Little) 3-1
Ernest Chabot (Cope T) 3-1
Cleetus Boone (Freako Wimp) 2-1

Adriel Orozco (Tycoon Judas) 2-2
Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 2-2
Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 2-2
Axel Randall (Don Frye) 2-2
Cleber Rocha (Alfred Winterbottom) 2-2
Bernhard River Jr (Joe River) 2-2
Pedro Hemeterio De Araujo (Rush Greyson) 2-2 
Jaan Mirtel (Henry Rollins) 2-2

Rip Dolomite (Real Rocket) 1-3
Rick Donkulus (Jimmy Normal) 1-3
Randy Snooze (Scottie 2 Hottie) 1-3

• Upvote 2

Round 5 Results

G40: Adriel Orozco (Butch) receives bye

G41: Joao Miyao (Mac) 3-1 vs. Jaan Mirtel (Rollins) 2-2
Miyao wins via Submission (RNC), 9:58 of Round 1

I really should hand out OTN awards for these events as this match up deserved one. Jaan Mirtel, working desperately to stay in the tournament after losing his opening two matches, is comfortably ahead against 3-1 Joao Miyao only to get caught in a rear naked choke with two seconds of regular time to go. A damn shame for the Estonian after such a turnaround but Joao Miyao shows why you can never let your guard down against a tricky submission artist like himself. 

G42: Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 2-2 vs. Bernhard River (Joe River) 2-2
Rodgers wins via Points (18-4)

A dominating performance from Panama native Carmelo Rodgers to send Bernhard River crashing out of the tournament. River was certainly active during the match but Rodgers was just too savvy for him overall

G43: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 2-2 vs. Pedro Araujo (Rush) 2-2
Siddika wins via Points (11-10)

Another elimination here in Game 43, this time it was Brazilian Pedro Hemeterio De Araujo who would be sent packing. It was a real close match up on points but perhaps the right man in Brijbhushan Siddika got the win after searching so aggressively for the submission win

G44: Axel Randall (Dino) 2-2 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 2-2
Rocha wins via Points (11-9)

Another close, competitive match up and another elimination. Brazilian Cleber Rocha manages to cling on for dear life after marginally outpointing one of the initial tournament favourites Axel Randall. Randall will now head home whilst Rocha lives to fight another day.

G45: Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-1 vs. Cleetus Boone (Manne) 2-1
Boone wins via Points (16-7)

Something seems to have changed in Camp Darko as the New York native has now dropped his last two in a row after a stellar opening three win streak. Opponent Boone now comes away on his own three match winning streak and is looking pretty good for the latter rounds. Darko is now on his last life. 

G46: Grappling Panda (Pika) 4-0 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 3-1
Chabot wins via Points (3-0)

The big match up of Round 5 was something of a disappointment with the final points tally looking more like a football game. Perhaps it was the competitive nature of the two alliance mates or perhaps it was collusion of the highest order. In the end it was Canadian Ernest Chabot who got the victory and ended the undefeated run of Grappling Panda. 

• Upvote 2

ROUND 6 MATCH UPS

G47: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 3-2 vs. Adriel Orozco (Butch) 2-2
G48: Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2 receives bye
G49: Grappling Panda (Pika) 4-1 vs. Joao Miyao (Mac) 4-1
G50: Cleetus Boone (Manne) receives bye
G51: Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-2 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 3-2
G52: Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-0 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 4-1

The winner of G47 (Siddika/Orozco) will meet Carmelo Rodgers in G53

The winner of G51 (Darko/Rocha) will meet the winner of G49 (Panda/Miyao) in G56

The winner of G52 (Silva/Chabot) will face the loser of G49 (Panda/Miyao) in G57

• Upvote 2

LEADERBOARD

Dragan Silva (Chuck W94) 4-0
Grappling Panda (Pika Choo) 4-1
Joao Miyao (Mac Little) 4-1
Ernest Chabot (Cope T) 4-1
Cleetus Boone (Freako Wimp) 3-1

Adriel Orozco (Tycoon Judas) 2-2
Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-2
Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 3-2
Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2
Cleber Rocha (Alfred Winterbottom) 3-2

Axel Randall (Don Frye) 2-3
Bernhard River Jr (Joe River) 2-3
Pedro Hemeterio De Araujo (Rush Greyson) 2-3
Jaan Mirtel (Henry Rollins) 2-3

• Upvote 2

On 11/1/2023 at 6:06 PM, The1rstSaint said:

16789282903071.gif

Wabalu 

1, 2 Wabalu is coming for you. 3, 4 you better protect your back door. 5,6 I'll make you lick my Twix. 7,8 you made a BIG mistake. 9,10 It's going to end with some Sin!

You're Welcome.

16821368571502.gif

Brijbhusan Siddika says:

Adriel was slick out the gate in this tournament and got me by a couple points the first time we matched to take my first life, but revenge is a dish best served cold & a 15-0 decision win is plenty cold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

16821368571502.gif

Brijbhusan Siddika says:

Adriel was slick out the gate in this tournament and got me by a couple points the first time we matched to take my first life, but revenge is a dish best served cold & a 15-0 decision win is plenty cold.

Adriel was screwed the day he accepted then opponent Dragan Silvas, Mangers Sponsorship deal. Those free Samples he gave him where clearly a bad batch. He Still has no clue how to pee standing up anymore.

• Like 2

ROUND 6 Results

G47: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 3-2 vs. Adriel Orozco (Butch) 2-2
Siddika wins via Points (15-0)

Sweet revenge for Brijbhushan Siddika as he avenges his Round 2 loss to Orozco and dumps "Wabalu" out of the tournament with a dominating 15-0 scoreline. Siddika still in a precarious spot however with two losses to his name so far. Has he got what it takes to go all the way from here?

G48: Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2 received bye

G49: Grappling Panda (Pika) 4-1 vs. Joao Miyao (Mac) 4-1
Panda wins via Points (9-5)

The second meeting for these two grapplers and both contest have been extremely close. Grappling Panda has managed both times to come out on top though and now leaves Joao Miyao with no more lives left. Panda in decent shape now with only one loss but fortunes have been seen to change very quickly in this tournament so far. 

G50: Cleetus Boone (Manne) received bye

G51: Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-2 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 3-2
Rocha wins via Submission (Guillotine), 7:43 of Round 1

Cleber Rocha continues to claw his way through the tournaments bottom brackets with no safety net to land on. It was do or die for both grapplers in this one and surprisingly it was American Brown Belt Antonio Darko who would be dropping out when all was said and done. No doubt a disappointing turnaround for him and his manager Rei after an incredibly strong start early on. 

G52: Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-0 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 4-1
Chabot wins via Points (5-0)

Tournament favourite Dragan Silva suffered his first loss of the tournament in something of an surprise result against Canadian wrestler Ernest Chabot. Silva has been phenomenal up to this point but really struggled against the crushing top game of Chabot who was not taking any chances. With this loss, there remains no more undefeated participants left in the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

ROUND 7 MATCH UPS

G53: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 4-2 vs. Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2
G54: Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-1 receives bye
G55: Cleetus Boone (Manne) 4-1 receives bye
G56: Grappling Panda (Pika) 5-1 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 4-2
G57: Ernest Chabot (Cope) 5-1 vs. Joao Miyao (Mac) 4-2

Winner G57 will face Cleetus Boone (Manne) in the next round

8 grapplers remaining

Next round guarantees to eliminate at least one more grappler and potentially up to three. 

• Upvote 1

LEADERBOARD

Ernest Chabot (Cope T) 5-1
Grappling Panda (Pika Choo) 5-1
Dragan Silva (Chuck W94) 4-1

Joao Miyao (Mac Little) 4-2
Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 4-2
Cleber Rocha (Alfred Winterbottom) 4-2
Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2

Adriel Orozco (Tycoon Judas) 2-3
Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-3

• Upvote 1

ROUND 7 RESULTS

G53: Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 4-2 vs. Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 3-2
Rodgers wins via Points (16 to 7)

Someone was always going home in this one and on this occasion it was Bangladeshi brown belt Brijbhushan Siddika. Unable to keep up with the pace Carmelo Rodgers was setting, Siddika actually did well to get some points on the board and keep the end result respectable after being 10-0 down with almost 10 minutes gone. In the end though, Rodgers got his hand raised with a comfortable 16-7 victory. 

So with that, Rodgers continues to hang on by a thread in the tournament and awaits his next opponent. For Brijbhushan Siddika we say goodbye but commend him on a far better run then was expected at the start. His performance have done wonders for his manager Bob Slay's reputation. From here on he will only be known as the shame of Swansea rather than feeling the ire of an entire country.  

G54: Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-1 receives bye

G55: Cleetus Boone (Manne) 4-1 receives bye

G56: Grappling Panda (Pika) 5-1 vs. Cleber Rocha (Alfred) 4-2
Panda wins via Points (5-0)

God damn the Pandas. Stupid little fluffy things that are too stupid for the earth. Unfortunately for Cleber Rocha, he ran into a Grappling Panda and was completely shut out over the entire course of the match. Not the most bad ass way to crash out of the tournament but never mind. 

Grappling Panda now moves on to the next round and remains in great shape with only one life lost. 

G57: Ernest Chabot (Cope) 5-1 vs. Joao Miyao (Mac) 4-2
Miyao wins via Points (5-3)

Ernest Chabot was coming into this match up with a run of five victories to his name including one over then undefeated potential tournament favourite Dragan Silva. Joao Miyao was coming into the bout with his back against the wall following his second loss to Grappling Panda. 

The bout was close with Chabot looking to grind out another tight victory and he almost got it after being ahead 3-2 up until about a minute to go. A last ditch guard pass put Miyao in the lead and that's how it stayed much to the Brazilian's relief. 

The loss marked Chabots second of the tournament putting him amongst those with no more room for error. Both move on to the next round on this occasion. 

• Upvote 1

ROUND 8 MATCH UPS

G58: Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 4-2 receives bye
G59: Ernest Chabot (Cope) 5-2 vs. Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-1
G60: Joao Miyao (Mac) 5-2 vs. Cleetus Boone (Manne) 4-1
Grappling Panda (Pika) 6-1 waiting for opponent to be decided

If Silva loses in G59 he will face Carmelo Rodgers in G61
If Boone loses in G60 he will face Grappling Panda in G62
If Chabot or Miyao lose their match they will be eliminated

• Upvote 1

LEADERBOARD

Grappling Panda (Pika Choo) 6-1
Dragan Silva (Chuck W94) 4-1

Ernest Chabot (Cope T) 5-2
Joao Miyao (Mac Little) 5-2
Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 4-2

Brijbhushan Siddika (Bob Slay) 4-3
Cleber Rocha (Alfred Winterbottom) 4-3
Adriel Orozco (Tycoon Judas) 2-3
Antonio Darko (Rei) 3-3

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

16821368571502.gif

Well it was fun while it lasted but my Exceptional and agressive BJJ came up short against a merely proficient wrestler with a suffocating wrestling top game, such is the way of things. Congrats Carmelo, you should win a lay & pray trophy.

16558628944506.gif

Carmelo Rodgers

"To paraphrase a legend, if wrestling was easy, it would be called jiu-jitsu!

Of course, I don't really prescribe entirely to that mentality because there's elements from all forms of grappling we can learn from. They say wrestlers hate being on their back, which I was multiple times, but that didn't stop me sweeping you twice including once straight into side control. Maybe this dog has a few more tricks up their sleeve than just wrestling. I think only one full-time wrestler entered this tournament and feel free to see how I handled him in the first round. There's levels to the lay and pray, and I beat Jesus in round 1.

Only myself and one other competitor remain who are not full time BJJ grapplers. We may or may not go all the way (who allowed a Panda into this tournament?), but you're missing a beat if you don't train up some of your wrestling and sambo skills. You'll never be well-rounded enough to take on the likes of my teammate and the current #1 P4P Grappler Tyrone "Lugz" Sparxx.

I started out this tournament as a blue belt, and am proud to say that before this match my mentor Kronos Doomsday, former #1 MMA WW in the world and a red belt in BJJ, awarded me my purple belt in jiu-jitsu. Win or lose, I know I made the right decision to join Team CrazyHorse for this tournament.

Congratulations on your run Brijbhushan, you represented your country and your gym well. Bangladesh may not have the biggest presence in MMA, but you have some really solid inspirations in the three Cheese brothers and the Panda's teammate Bam Bam Joshy.

I'd like to thank you all my team for helping me so far including the two names above and other grappling gods such as the great dick-twister himself, Gotan Wasselach."

• Upvote 2

ROUND 8 RESULTS

G59: Ernest Chabot (Cope) 5-2 vs. Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-1
Chabot wins via Points (10 to 6)

The second meeting between this pair ended with the same result and that was with Ernest Chabot getting the points victory over initial tournament favourite Dragan Silva. The victory was absolutely necessary for the Canadian who was coming into this bout with two losses already. No doubt disappointing for Silva who now finds himself in the same boat as Chabot and no further room for error. 

G60: Joao Miyao (Mac) 5-2 vs. Cleetus Boone (Manne) 4-1
Boone wins via Points (14 to 0)

After such a ballsy performance against Ernest Chabot in the previous round, Brazilian Brown Belt Joao Miyao will be extremely disappointed with his performance in this one as he goes crashing out of the tournament following a horrendous 14-0 points loss to Boonville native Cleetus Boone. Simply put, Boone ran away with this one and now emerges as a hot favourite to take the prize. A good run from Miyao but unfortunately not good enough. 

ROUND 9 MATCH UPS

G61: Dragan Silva (Chuck) 4-2 vs. Carmelo Rodgers (Crazy Horse) 4-2
G62: Grappling Panda (Pika) 6-1 receives bye
G63: Ernest Chabot (Cope) 6-2 receives bye
G64: Winner of G61 moves here
G65: Grappling Panda (Pika) will receive bye
G66: Cleetus Boone (Manne) 5-1 vs. Ernest Chabot (Cope) 6-2

The loser of G61 will be eliminated
If Ernest Chabot loses in G66 he will be eliminated
If Cleetus Boone loses in G66 he will move on to face Grappling Panda in G68

LEADERBOARD

Grappling Panda (Pika Choo) 6-1