Canceled

The1rstSaint

Should the Loosers of the Tryouts be in the Draft pool?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. In or out of the draft pool

• Yes
    • No

As we get closer to another Island Season my alternate personality has been chomping at the bit to get out of his cage. The League of Madness will return for at least one more beautifully MAD journey. This time around we invade the Island.

LOM4 will have a few tweaks and changes to the format, which I will Update the complete layout of the events in a timely manner. For now, here is a simple and short example of how this League of Madness will work.

What we already Know from Previous Seasons

1. Two teams

2. 16 Fighters will be drafted (8 fighters per Team)

3.The Coach who wins the Coin Flop (Or whatever is implemented to decide a winner) will be given the Choice of First Fighter Pick or First Fight Matchup.

4.After the Opening round Fighters will then be placed into an 8-man bracket (The seedings will be decided once we find out how many fighters are left from each team)

5. The Winning Fighter will be giving a Prize pot

10 Mil to the Winning Fighter/Manager.

Runner up will receive 2.5 Mil

Winning Coach will receive 2.5 Mil

Changes this Season.

1. The first big change is a LOM first, I want the Participants to fight their way into the Team Format. So potentially there will be two Coaches who get an Automatic spot into the League. 28 remaining managers will fight for the remaining 14 spots via a Randomized generator. This will give the coaches a good idea of who they want to draft.

After the Try outs, we will be narrowed down to 16 fighters which brings us back to the Original LOM 1 format. My personal favorite, Simple and easy!

2. This season I want to speed things up so we will be speeding up the opening round every 3 or 4 days. Example below (Disregard the dates as this is just an example)

Matchup #1 Saturday 9/30 Winning Team will then pick the fight for Matchup #2

Matchup #2 Tuesday 10/3 Winning Team will pick Matchup #3

Matchup #3 Saturday 10/7 Winning Team will Pick Matchup #4

so on and so forth.

3. Another 1rst will be the age Requirements, LOM has always been 18 Year Olds this season on the Island they will be 25-Year-olds only.

4. This year the Weight class will be the always fun Heavyweight Division (230-280) up for debate if we want a narrower weight Requirement?

Additional Info

I am in the Process of selecting this seasons Coaches. As for the Host Org I will be Starting an Island org this year (My first)

COMING SOON!!!!!

imageedit_9_8544715099.gif?ex=6519ac5b&is=65185adb&hm=52e9c25d34b40262038ef7d8f4d9142a578e53343c508de9e0916e311ac98a1f& Madness Island League Fighting (MILF for short)

I will be Hiring for all divisions, so all Island Fighters are welcome. Potentially will be running a League Format similar to the PFL. Like the PFL I expect a lot of underlying setbacks, but I plan to keep the League format intact for the whole Island Season and have the Finale just prior to seasons end.(LOM Finale will probably be decided prior but I should be able to incorporate the LOM participants in the League format and Championships) I am also hopping there will be a nice Rival org this season. Last Island Season was a huge let down with just one org IMO. 

• Upvote 4

League of Madness 4 

The LOM 4 competition will take place on the Island called Nothing, which is located in the middle of Nowhere. 28 Participants will be given an opportunity to fight their way into the Madness Mansion this season, while Myself Mr. J aka the clown prince of the tycooniverse, Tycoon Judas, and the Season 4 coaches Jason Hopson and Squirrely Dan will be judging the performances closely.

Once the 14 winners of the LOM tryouts are decided the Team draft will be started following day (possibly sooner if both coaches agree). Each Coach will select 7 fighters given them a Team of 8 fighters including one fighter from their own. 

Important Fighter Requirements below

Heavyweight Division

Fighter most be 25 Years Old (This is the Island after all)
Fighter must be able to make the Heavyweight Weight class. So, make sure they can cut to 265, and do not go below 230 creation weight.
Fighter must be located on the Island obviously, there is no way to teleport a fighter to the Island so don't F$$k this one up.
Upon Fighter Creation keep in mind they will be fighting right out the gates no later than 7 days upon the Islands opening.
No Testing this Season One fighter Creation max per manager. Let's keep this a level playing field were luck of Hiddens and fight tactics take precedence.

After The Tryouts if you lose but still want in the competition keep your fighter, I will gladly have them serve as a backup/alternate in case someone goes MIA or backs out.If a manager does back out though it will result in a loss of said managers Tycoon limbs if you know what I'm saying.

On a side note, this Season there will be plenty of things going on in the org that will now be known as MILF, so all your Island Fighters are welcome to join us.

Draft layout

Nothing has changed with the draft, it will be just like any old draft.

The coaches will have a coin toss (Realistically it will be choosing a Number between 1 and ten or something) the winner will get the option to either select the first Fighter in the draft or select the first Fight matchup of the Team competition. The other coach will get the other choice.

The draft will be a Standard format.

Round 1

Coach A gets pick #1
Coach B gets pick #2

Round 2 
Coach A gets pick #3
Coach B gets pick #4

Round 3
Coach A gets pick #5
Coach B gets pick #6

so on and so forth

Fight Selections

TBA

This will all be decided the day the Island Season hits; the first step is booking the Tryouts events! Then we can move on to the Team competition fight selections schedule. One thing I can say is like mentioned in the Original Forum posts the fights will be much quicker this year so instead of having the weekly they will be every 3-4 days. This will mean fights will either be on Saturdays or Wednesdays. So those who make it to the Team Format will need to be ready for quick Fight accepts, please and thank you.

Quarter Finals will be announced shortly after the opening round of the Team Competition, and this will be a Discussion between myself and the Coaches to bring the fairest and best matchups for everyone. 

If there are any changes or Updates, I will continue to post in this here Forum. 

• Upvote 1

Participant Signups

1.  Rei .

2. Alfred Winterbottom

3. Monkey !!

4. Bob Slay

5. Crazy Horse

6. Roman Benson

7. Sixty Nine

8. Rush “Flipper” Grayson

9. Helmans Ted

10. Dillo The Manager

11. Master Tessin

12. Scottie 2 Hottie

2 minutes ago, Rei said:

Sign me up! 

and If you need any graphics for the org or tournament, I'd be happy to help - free of charge.

Would be very appreciated. My brother from another. I will probably shot you something for your time though, as know it will be fan-frickin-tastic! Logo-banner-belt, would be highly appreciated.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

Would be very appreciated. My brother from another. I will probably shot you something for your time though, as know it will be fan-frickin-tastic! Logo-banner-belt, would be highly appreciated.

Throw whatever you'd pay for it into the prize pool instead hahah. I'm all for community stuff, so just fire me a DM with what you're after and we can chat!

• Upvote 2

League of Madness 4 Coach UPDATE

It's Official we have are Coaches for the next segment of the League of Madness ladies and gentle jerks! They will be none other than the WINNERS of the LOM3 competition. I Corner #1 will be that Wild eyed Outback brawler who brought us the LOM3 bantamweight champion from his very own loins Jason Hopson! In Corner #2 we got the Manager of the SHW bracket the most Squirrely of Dans, Squirrely Dan!

These two excellent Coaches will be keeping a firm eye on the Tryout's were each of our 28 Participants will have to FIGHT their way into the competition this season. If you would like to sign up your fighter then come on down and sign your life away, as we still have 20 spots remaining as of now, RIGHT NOW! Let's not forget about the prize pool this year 10 Mil to the winner, even are runner up and winning coach will get some Cash. We're rolling in the Cash here at Madness Island League Fighting and can't wait to ram it down someone's throat!!!

Mixed Martial Arts Management - Jason Hopson Vs Mixed Martial Arts Management - Squirrely Dan
  • Upvote 4

OK... So, once we create our fighter for tryout they will only have a handful of days to train prior to their fight? If they lose, are they automatically out and can only be in the reserve roll...OR maybe if 2 experienced managers created pretty equal fighters that both had solid hiddens and maybe fought to a decision. Could a coach still opt to pick the losing fighter over a winning fighter if they wish?

Also, I will likely be part of this :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XxxtremeT13 said:

OK... So, once we create our fighter for tryout they will only have a handful of days to train prior to their fight? If they lose, are they automatically out and can only be in the reserve roll...OR maybe if 2 experienced managers created pretty equal fighters that both had solid hiddens and maybe fought to a decision. Could a coach still opt to pick the losing fighter over a winning fighter if they wish?

Also, I will likely be part of this :)

Very interesting question. Now as I mentioned The Winners will only move on, but as always I am up for a vote. I can make a poll and see what everyone else thinks. I will leave it up for a week then we can make a ruling.

2 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

I will state though my reasoning for the Winners only is because that would be the whole point of the Tryouts for the competition. You lose your out(Be prepared to win).  Up for debate though.

Reminds me of those mid seasons of TUF that had those 90 minute elimination fight episodes before the coaches decisions lmao

9 hours ago, Dillooo said:

Reminds me of those mid seasons of TUF that had those 90 minute elimination fight episodes before the coaches decisions lmao

Thats exactly what im basing this off of.

3 hours ago, Gonzasco said:

in. We wait for creation date? 

Pretty much waiting for the Island to start. I will reach out to everyone as soon as it starts or as soon as I can. 

2 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

If we can’t get 32 people will we just draft with 16 and scrap the rest

We actually just need 28 + the two coaches. We will get that 28, even if I have to use my normal tactics of Bugging people that I think may be interested. Never underestimate the perseverance of Tycoon Judas!

• Like 1