Funding for 400k org

Fireballer34

I’m trying to start up a 400k org but don’t have that much money. I’ve sent out contracts to only 205 pound fighters so far but would try more if I could get some more money. I don’t expect many donations, just if you are feeling generous. I don’t expect the org to last long without some serious funding. Thank you guys!

Fireballer in New York I assume.

This is just my opinion, and of course, you do what you think is best - but If im being honest I think we have enough 400 orgs. 

Probably be a good time to start a 402k one maybe? You'd then get all the new fighters i'd imagine.

But if you were going to go down the 400k theme, I would market it as open only for 25 year old creations. The 18 year olds overtake the 25 year olds pretty quickly, and soon the 25 year old creations are overpowered. 

It would be nice to have a org running where these 25 year old creations can continue - and there is going to be a heap post 400k ID's, especially after the Island is done.

Just my 2 cents

5 hours ago, Carraz22 said:

Fireballer in New York I assume.

This is just my opinion, and of course, you do what you think is best - but If im being honest I think we have enough 400 orgs. 

Probably be a good time to start a 402k one maybe? You'd then get all the new fighters i'd imagine.

But if you were going to go down the 400k theme, I would market it as open only for 25 year old creations. The 18 year olds overtake the 25 year olds pretty quickly, and soon the 25 year old creations are overpowered. 

It would be nice to have a org running where these 25 year old creations can continue - and there is going to be a heap post 400k ID's, especially after the Island is done.

Just my 2 cents

Yes, but there already is an org for that, Highland, which takes most of the 25 year old creations. Right now I think I’ll recruit anyone I can get and there really aren’t that many 402k fighters out yet so I don’t know if I’d get enough guys for it. 

Does anyone know a reliable, pretty quick way I make money in this game?

20 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Yes, but there already is an org for that, Highland, which takes most of the 25 year old creations. Right now I think I’ll recruit anyone I can get and there really aren’t that many 402k fighters out yet so I don’t know if I’d get enough guys for it. 

• Upvote 1

If you have your heart set on 400k then go for 400k. 

Otherwise there are other options such as going Open ID or it looks as though there could be a gap at 380k now.

Whatever you decide, I would suggest a couple of things. 

Firstly, I would consolidate some of the divisions. 135/145, 155/170, 185/205, 265/265+ for example. This will make it easier to fill active divisions as well as help the optics of having divisions with only a few fighters in it. Not much fun for org owner or fighters at the org constantly fighting the same guys over and over again. 

Secondly, I would consider offering contracts with a 1 day inactivity and $1 signing bonus. I would put the signing bonus onto the base pay instead (e.g if I was going to offer a contract at 5 x 10/10/10 I'd instead offer 5 x 1/12/10) It works out the same overall but saves you, a start up org, from losing too much in inactives and gives the manager some reassurance should the org not work out and you go inactive. Not saying that's going to happen. Just that it does and has been happening quite a bit lately. 

Just my two pence worth. But anyway, I sent some cash. It should be enough to get you started at least. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Otherwise there are other options such as going Open ID or it looks as though there could be a gap at 380k now.

Firstly, I would consolidate some of the divisions. 135/145, 155/170, 185/205, 265/265+ for example. This will make it easier to fill active divisions as well as help the optics of having divisions with only a few fighters in it. Not much fun for org owner or fighters at the org constantly fighting the same guys over and over again. 

Secondly, I would consider offering contracts with a 1 day inactivity and $1 signing bonus. I would put the signing bonus onto the base pay instead (e.g if I was going to offer a contract at 5 x 10/10/10 I'd instead offer 5 x 1/12/10) It works out the same overall but saves you, a start up org, from losing too much in inactives and gives the manager some reassurance should the org not work out and you go inactive. Not saying that's going to happen. Just that it does and has been happening quite a bit lately. 

Just my two pence worth. But anyway, I sent some cash. It should be enough to get you started at least. 

Thank you Alfred! Before I get started offering a bunch of contracts, is there any way to preset a contract offer?Just seems very time consuming to search my fighters and copy and paste them, then have to fill out the info for all of them separately.

1 minute ago, Fireballer34 said:

Thank you Alfred! Before I get started offering a bunch of contracts, is there any way to preset a contract offer?Just seems very time consuming to search my fighters and copy and paste them, then have to fill out the info for all of them separately.

image.png

If you click on Templates you can do that. If that's what you mean at least. 

1 hour ago, Fireballer34 said:

Again, you do what you think is best but i will say Highlander doesn't have many 25 year old creations over 400k - It's a very unforgiving org for 25 year olds tbh, divsions are filled with more talented fighters than our poor 25 year 400k+ creations haha

as far as the 402k's go, yeah you're right there isn't many out there yet, but it wont take long to grow - and you'd basically get all the fighters post 402k - no brainer for them to join a 402 rather than 400 - Just food for thought mate

The skill gap between 400 - 402K is much smaller compared to 398 - 400K. We had a lot of fighters created on the id turn and then we also had Island season started. I think you can still make guys that are viable at 400K and we should not break this id up. I rather not have the same thing again as with all the 397, 398, 399K etc. orgs falling apart.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully the existing 395k Org UCF that started up to fill the void of Tiger League can get the support. It's off to a decent start but lots more room for fighters. 385k is wide open though, and I know there are a few guys with fighters there who were left without homes. Either way it's a tough business running an Org, but rewarding when you hang in there and make it work.

54 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

I won my VIP through a tournament, I was never planning to buy it, so my plan is to run an org for a few months then hopefully merge with another org around the same ID range once my VIP expires. Do you think that is too short of a time to run an org? If so Alfred I can refund the money.

It is what it is mate. No set time an org must run for. Some open and never even get started so a decent org running for a few months is still a benefit to the game.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Sent out 50 contracts, 5 declinations and nobody has accepted yet. Do I need to change the pay? What’s a good contract for young fighters like this?

When you're searching for free agents, are you clicking the 'needs contract' button?  Some guys might just not be looking to fight right now.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:30 AM, Alfred said:

I am 100% with Alfie here...... 380k guys are on the verge of being Open ID ready if they have been developed properly but in my opinion there is a massive need for a place the guys falling into the 385-390 range to fight. With CFC buying up all the 380-390 orgs and now moving on, the guys that between 385-390 are left with really two options.... go to Open ID before they are ready and potentially get their ass handed to them..... or take a break from fighting and cook until their skillset is ready to be competitive for Open ID. Neither is great for a game that already feels like it is clinging to its last life and being held above water by a group of maybe 20 regular active managers.

There is a huge amount of hype available on the open market in that space if someone was willing to run a 380 or 385 org. If you are newer I am sure some of us with org experience would be willing to answer any questions and offering a 1 day inactivity with no signing bonus contract structure encourages people to give you a chance to prove the org is going to last without any risk of getting their fighter trapped there....... you dont like the org then your fight can simply leave at anytime. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry guys… I don’t think I’m ready to run an org like this, all my contracts were being declined, and I’m not sure I would be dedicated enough to it to make successful. Alfred, I refunded your money. I wish I could do this but I think I will just turn this org back into a test fight place if anyone needs some. Thank you guys for your support! 

4 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Sorry guys… I don’t think I’m ready to run an org like this, all my contracts were being declined, and I’m not sure I would be dedicated enough to it to make successful. Alfred, I refunded your money. I wish I could do this but I think I will just turn this org back into a test fight place if anyone needs some. Thank you guys for your support! 

Another option if you are interested in learning the org business might be to ask around and see if any of the established orgs needs some help with recruiting or booking fights and might be willing to give you a job helping them out while you learn the ropes from them. Running an org has one of the biggest learning curves in the game and I am forever grateful to have been able to get advice from some of the veteran org owners like Alfred and CK, etc to identify where I was potentially making some mistakes and where there was some room for improvement. 

• Like 1