Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

I'm not even sure this is a case of that... This a case of manager deliberately being a dick for the sake of being a dick... Fighter has no training scheduled and is at 100% energy..

Shouldn't expect much from a manager like Lockjaw... He loves to whine, and this is just another shining example

I still say Mike needs to stop seeking so much player input when it comes to changes. Like it or not every single person is going to biased to a degree based on how they enjoy playing the game. All threads like this do is slow the entire process down with people bitching back and forth about stupid shit for months on end. It would be one thing if we were presented with a couple set in stone choices please choose A, B, or C, and that was it. Highest vote wins. As it stands we just run around in circles hoping whoever complains the most and/or loudest wins out at the end. How many other games, ever, take player ideas into consideration to such an extent? Mike built this amazing game, and I've always thought has done a relatively good job of keeping things updated as required. My vote would be that he makes announcements of changes coming and just implements them. People will adjust or they will leave. Either way the game moves on.

• Upvote 2

I managed that fighter just a few weeks ago and he's not that hard to maintain. He was getting in the red sometimes but I've NEVER had red like that with any fighter ever, and I only set my training once a week.

Also, Lockdown, you are a fucking douche for entering Lance's gym and then whining like a bitch when he booted you. Especially after you messaged me asking why I sacked Aman and I was nice as fuck to you and told you everything I could about the fighter and even suggested you talk to Lance to get more advice. And then you go and pull that shit on him and them rejoin the gym AGAIN after he booted you.

You know how private gyms work and you don't have some special right to have access to any gym you so desire. You knew beforehand that Aman would not be welcome in that gym, so why cry about it when you get booted out?

• Upvote 1

I still say Mike needs to stop seeking so much player input when it comes to changes. Like it or not every single person is going to biased to a degree based on how they enjoy playing the game. All threads like this do is slow the entire process down with people bitching back and forth about stupid shit for months on end. It would be one thing if we were presented with a couple set in stone choices please choose A, B, or C, and that was it. Highest vote wins. As it stands we just run around in circles hoping whoever complains the most and/or loudest wins out at the end. How many other games, ever, take player ideas into consideration to such an extent? Mike built this amazing game, and I've always thought has done a relatively good job of keeping things updated as required. My vote would be that he makes announcements of changes coming and just implements them. People will adjust or they will leave. Either way the game moves on.

I think we definitely get better ideas coming through, when we have these sorts of discussions, so it's worth the hassle up to a point.

I've started programming now, with the additional two skills. I think it's honestly a better system than I was going to do in the first place, with just a cut to 80%. I think it will genuinely make the fight engine / game better, so that's a win win.

• Upvote 1

I think we definitely get better ideas coming through, when we have these sorts of discussions, so it's worth the hassle up to a point.

I've started programming now, with the additional two skills. I think it's honestly a better system than I was going to do in the first place, with just a cut to 80%. I think it will genuinely make the fight engine / game better, so that's a win win.

Yea don't get me wrong it is a good way to collect more ideas I just think when it swirls down into the pit of complaints it's time to put a stop to it. As I said I feel you've done great with the game, and I applaud your wanting to please players anyway you can. I just hate how these things never fail to bring about the arguments they do. Maybe if you put a timeframe on it or something. Leave the thread open for idea posts only, and not have people argue or knock others ideas. You'd get a good feel of where peoples heads are at with a quick look at the +/- numbers. I don't know I'm just brainstorming. Trying to see if we could potentially streamline updates so they go a little smoother for my man Mike!

Only Mike knows for sure, but my guess is that he opens these discussions, figures out what is best based on his own opinion and the opinions of the managers, then makes up his mind. He lets the discussions go on well after he has made up his mind and started working on things. If this is truly what he does, I think it is a smart choice. There is no need to waste time listening to a ton of whining when a solution has already been found, but there is no need to tell everyone to shut up and drop it either.

Physicals are fine. This guy has a sensational and even a wonderful!

Agility Elite, 15 (34)+

Flexibility Wonderful, 12 (1)++

Speed Elite, 15 (18)--

Strength Elite, 15 (24)+

Conditioning Elite, 15 (20)-

Balance Sensational, 14 (0)--

to go along with his 2 Elite Primaries and handful of near Elite secondaries, at age 24.

----

I really hope fighters no longer will look like this,.....

• Downvote 1

AJ, be sure to rush Mike, so that he implements changes untested enough, so that you can bitch later how shitty they turned out...cause, in that way, you can always have something to bitch about! It's a win-win situation!

well considering some of us have been accurately having this exact discussion for almost 3 years now.... it's not really a rush. Just because you might not have the foresight, or math skills, to recognize back in 2010 that we would be at this very precipice a few years down the road.... doesn't mean we all didn't see it.

I have been waiting for these changes since? well.....at least June 2010

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14084

Furthurmore-

If it's suppose to be a "simulation"... fighters can't simply train to they are considered ELITE in every possible catagory- which would be the path we are headed. By the age of 28 or 29 I imagine every fighter should be elite (15) in all 4 fighting styles, as well as most of their skill and physicals. By their early 30's for sure. How is that an accurate simulation?

and 1000 other discussions since then.

I do admit, I don't think we ever had the "quad elite", partly because of tickers, the slowing of physicals, the 85% or whatever slowdown..... but we have come pretty close, and if it hadn't been for those earlier tweaks we surely would have.

Now it is time to finalize the aging process, and rightfully create a level of fighter that takes some strategy and tactics in creation, that will have strengths, and weaknesses........ yes I am a tad impatient for this.

• Downvote 6

I'm sure anything Mike does will be sweet. To be honest I am a newer manager on here. As of yet I have not ran in into any of these issues (quad elites, tickers) so I just want to say this is a great sim. there are improvements to be made with anything i suppose, but i really don't want to see that much of a change. just enough to prevent the maxed out stat fighters, but otherwise I love the way the game plays now. i wouldn't want to see the fight engine changed. and i think the fighting (minus ref stand ups) is actually pretty close to real life scenarios.and that seems to be what we are after.

I'm sure anything Mike does will be sweet. To be honest I am a newer manager on here. As of yet I have not ran in into any of these issues (quad elites, tickers) so I just want to say this is a great sim. there are improvements to be made with anything i suppose, but i really don't want to see that much of a change. just enough to prevent the maxed out stat fighters, but otherwise I love the way the game plays now. i wouldn't want to see the fight engine changed. and i think the fighting (minus ref stand ups) is actually pretty close to real life scenarios.and that seems to be what we are after.

Kiss ass.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have time to read 36 pages, so I'm sorry if this has been covered.

I have a few guys that got owned by tickers, because I was inactive. I would like to fight them again, but it won't be feasible to fight them again under the current system until about September. If I understand correctly, this new system will make it so my fighters will be able to get back up to the general skill level in a reasonable amount of time? I would be in favor of that system, if that is the case.

The point of tickers was never "ticker death". It's stupid that great fighters have to retire because their manager had to go inactive. Alex Vargas wants to fight again...

If I understand correctly, this new system will make it so my fighters will be able to get back up to the general skill level in a reasonable amount of time? I would be in favor of that system, if that is the case.

The point of tickers was never "ticker death". It's stupid that great fighters have to retire because their manager had to go inactive. Alex Vargas wants to fight again...

First, under the existing system, your fighters will be able to regain lost ground more quickly than if they were training it for the first time anyway. I don't remember anything being discussed about this particular issue for the revised system, but then the bulk of this discussion did happen quite some time ago now.

Secondly, ticker death definitely was one of the intended outcomes of the system, but not really (to my knowledge) in the way you have described. It was supposed to help kill off aged fighters so they didn't, in effect, continue in their prime forever.

First, under the existing system, your fighters will be able to regain lost ground more quickly than if they were training it for the first time anyway. I don't remember anything being discussed about this particular issue for the revised system, but then the bulk of this discussion did happen quite some time ago now.

Secondly, ticker death definitely was one of the intended outcomes of the system, but not really (to my knowledge) in the way you have described. It was supposed to help kill off aged fighters so they didn't, in effect, continue in their prime forever.

"So, in general it would be basically no "maintenance" time sytem. No faffing about. None of that. You could leave your guys not training for a while and know that you could get back up to the max levels fairly quickly."

This was the part of the initial post which I was referring to. I asked the question because in the current system, I estimate it will take me 9 months to get back to a level to where my fighter could even compete. If he could get back to that level at all. I think we could all agree that would not be defined as "fairly quickly". So, if this new system were to change that, as the quote suggested, I would like to fight some of my guys again. If their decline had come through an intended game process, I would have no problem with it. However, "ticker death' due to inactivity was not the intended outcome. It was ticker death through a natural aging/injury/fighting process. It's also rough having a roster full of aged fighters that fell victim to ticker death. It would take 5 months, or a bunch of money to cut them all. That's why I wanted to know more about the aforementioned quote.

• 3 weeks later...

When will this be implemented?

One of my boys just "went over" to the need for maintanance side and immediately all the tickers blew on his face. Got my very first de-pops and gonna get some more before I can even this shit out. *sigh*

ps. Received zero info about this and found out about it becouse of the de-pops. Awesome.

Edited by calmlikeabomb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you use Firefox and Greasemonkey you can see them on the Skills Snapshot page and extract them to see what the total is. It's kinda messy though. I did write a spreadsheet that organizes and tracks that info though if you would like it you can PM me you e-mail address and I can send you the file and instructions on how to use it.